Welcome to Gaia! ::

FXMLDR's Wife

Hopeless Sweetheart

What is that item you still quest, even when you started from a long (long+) time?
SDPlus #096 Deen
If you have ever quest something for such a long time, what do you do to get quest progress?
nothing
Do you do depend on Charity Threads?
nope
What do you think of Charity Threads/Questing Threads?
i doubt anyone would care enough to give anything to strangers
Do you do what ever it takes to get that item/s you really desire?
nope
Have you given up on questing before?
yep

Enduring Gaian

12,300 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
It depends on the presentation of your thread too, if it's organized and how much credit you give to everyone else that contributed. Also, it takes effort to keep the thread alive, such as connecting with others, bumping, contests.

Spoons:

What is that item you still quest, even when you started from a long (long+) time?
1 monthly collectible per month since 2007. (I have them all) smile
If you have ever quest something for such a long time, what do you do to get quest progress?
Plan out how I want my thread to look, if it achieveable, and contests.
Nope, depend purely on Gaia Cash. emotion_awesome
The most friendly part of the Gaian Community.
Yes, but what I'm questing isn't an item. emotion_c8
Twice until I realized, you can quest anything outside of normal items too. smile

OFF TOPIC::
I'm questing Hugs in my thread linked in my signiture. Also, there's a contest just recently added, you should stop by. wink

Receiver

The longest I've quested was 1 week. Any longer than that I start losing interest and spend my gold.

Blessed Millionaire

As I finished my three all time biggest quests (Nitemare Mini wings, Devil Tail, Lucky the Cat), I don't have a long long long time quest anymore.

My main method of gaining gold is Exchanging, Vending and back in the day Bootygrab. I never relayed soley on donations.

Nope. Only charity I am a part of is one that belongs to my friends.

They can be quite useful. I use my joined quest thread mainly to keep track of my quest and to chat with my friends, sometimes even making new friends.

I do, within reason that is.

Only momentarily. In the end I did finish every quest. However, without the insane amount of help I received I'd still be questing for the Minis.

Dapper Puppy

I'm still questing The Coyote Brothers. Granted, it isn't as old as an item as my avatar is, but it is the first item that I have truly been questing for. This is something I honestly don't think I can give up on now. Too many people have donated too much for me to stop even where I am.

Pretty much stop spending gold. I know I don't earn a lot daily, so I make sure that I don't waste what I do get.

No and yes. I don't depend on them. that doesn't stop me from sending in a request in hopes that I might just get a donation. Basically I treat charities as if they were random people donating.

It all depends on the thread and the user that created it. As for charity threads, I have no problem in them. They do what they do. With quest threads though, there is just sometimes that look of, "How greedy can you be?" But really, I'm sure some people think the same about me.

have done that sometimes in the past, but now not so much. back before cash was a big option, I would sell gold shop items to earn the extra money to buy an item immediately. But times have changed and I've gotten more laid back.

Way too many times, which is why I never actually asked for donations before. I mean, I still have 88 Blue Inks because I think I'm going to make the Skin Dye out of them. XD As I said before, every past time I never asked for help, so I was ok with quitting.

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I've been questing alchemy items since last year. Considering I have now finished Erebus' Moon Moon and 2 Minthamella on my own, I think I'm doing a good job at completing them.

Once I sell this backwings quest, I should have enough gold to complete Glacemella.

The only person I depend on is the person I have craft the items for me. I'm too cheap to level up. Other than that I don't use charities or ask anyone for donations.

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Pnyuu
The longest I've quested was 1 week. Any longer than that I start losing interest and spend my gold.

That's kind of why I like alchemy. XD Save up for a couple of components, buy them, and continue on~

I know that system isn't for everyone though

Royal Werewolf

43,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
After being treated rudely in a charity thread, that was pretty much titled "Making Dreams Come True", I figured it's best to not make a quest thread or go to those charity threads. Before I even posted in the tread, I read the rules, then posted. I posted that I was questing towards Dede the Husky, but I'd be willing to help out anyone who needed help. Someone informed me that "you're not suppose to post what you're questing for." So, I went back and re-read the rules and there was nothing about posting what you're questing for. I went back and told the person that, but they kept being rude to me telling me that I didn't read the rules. I said that I did and there was nothing about posting what you were trying to quest towards. Plus, I think it would be stupid to called a thread "Making Dreams Come True" and not post what one is questing. confused I hope that person who runs the thread realizes that and changed the name or has a hidden rule that's throwing people off.

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
gaia_star What is that item you still quest, even when you started from a long (long+) time?
I don't have a particular quest item at the moment, but I have had very long quests. It took nearly a year to get my Angelic Scarf, and slightly over a year to get my OMG. I think those have been the longest - perhaps Pale Marionnette was something more like 6 months? I don't really remember.

gaia_star If you have ever quest something for such a long time, what do you do to get quest progress?
Way back when I was questing for the A. Scarf and OMG, posting and polls were it! Now it's all about Booty Grab when I have time..

gaia_star Do you do depend on Charity Threads?
No way. Relying on charity threads is a bad idea. Questers need to rely on themselves 100%, with anything else being an unexpected bonus.

gaia_star What do you think of Charity Threads/Questing Threads?
I used to make them for big quests, not anymore. I don't think the community culture encouraging sharing as much as it used to. Part of that may be that so many of the newer quest items cost somebody real money at some point. It's easy to give what you earned for free, much different to give real money.

gaia_star Do you do what ever it takes to get that item/s you really desire?
Haha, not anything!

gaia_star Have you given up on questing before?
Oh, absolutely. I started questing for Shibuya Nobody when it was two million gold, now it is nearly four million. It's not that I decided that I couldn't possibly get four million gold - it's just that Shibuya Nobody isn't *worth* that much. So I got Prince Patchouli instead, which has now dropped from two million to 40k. sad Oops.

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Trick or Treat 100
_Mya_Kohler_
After being treated rudely in a charity thread, that was pretty much titled "Making Dreams Come True", I figured it's best to not make a quest thread or go to those charity threads. Before I even posted in the tread, I read the rules, then posted. I posted that I was questing towards Dede the Husky, but I'd be willing to help out anyone who needed help. Someone informed me that "you're not suppose to post what you're questing for." So, I went back and re-read the rules and there was nothing about posting what you're questing for. I went back and told the person that, but they kept being rude to me telling me that I didn't read the rules. I said that I did and there was nothing about posting what you were trying to quest towards. Plus, I think it would be stupid to called a thread "Making Dreams Come True" and not post what one is questing. confused I hope that person who runs the thread realizes that and changed the name or has a hidden rule that's throwing people off.

Haha! That person probably didn't read the rules, or was just trying to trick you. There's never been a rule about not posting your quest item. How silly.

Beloved Friend

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
fuiuchi
Minis. I've been questing them since 2008. So... 5 years questing. People see my avi and I guess they don'y feel like donating because I have a Cherubic but this item was a gift from a dear friend and it just means too much to me. If I sold my entire inventory without it I still wouldn't even be close to getting minis.

I actually had to hop to this account, which used to be a mule, because I was being harassed over asking for donations on my sig in the other account. I kept getting PMs and profile comments calling me a "greedy slut" because I have a Cherubic and am "begging for donations to be more elitist".

Needless to say I am not planning to start a quest thread anytime soon. neutral

That's really stupid, being harassed for your Cherubic. Sacrificing an item that you really like so that you can buy the item you're questing is silly, because then you'll have to request the item you sacrificed! Having a Cherubic doesn't make you rich, not if it's an "I-can-never-sell-this" item. Effectively, your Cherubic has a value of 0 gold because you will never sell it.

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

I have two major quests that I don't take seriously. It's for Nitemare
minis and the medium black angel backwings. Whatever the ******** they're
called. LOL. As you can see I don't even know the name of 'em. I forget.
Because I'm not serious on the quest. It's just something I'd like to have
at some point.

No, I don't depend on charities. I've never even visited one and posted
I don't think. They are something that I feel awkward about. I don't really
donate to people nor do I expect people to donate to me. I'm sort of
neutral on the subject.. I lend a hand when I want to and that is once
in a very rare blue moon.

The threads themselves are fine. It's a part of the forums that I don't
go to or check out often if at all. They aren't harming me by being
there and I don't pay attention to them so.. I really have no good or
bad opinion on them. xd

Yes, I do whatever it takes to get the things I want. You won't get
anywhere in life if you don't take initiative. I don't really see how it's
so god awful impossible for people to earn gold on here. Even when
I had a full time job every day AND a boyfriend, I could still find the
time to earn a bit of gold. Not much but it was still something and
over time that would add up. Any little bit counts. I can always go
off and spend a lot of real money on Gaia cash and then do the
whole invest in AC/bundles. It's not really too difficult for me to drive
myself into a ditch gold-wise and then rise back up. I'm in the process
of it right now. XD And no, I don't give up questing things I want.
It's more like I'm just too lazy to buy them and will get around to it
someday.. if it's even worth bothering for in the first place.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
I think everyone should have a quest thread.

Loverboy

Raphael's Wings. They are the wings of my pixel dreams from the first time I saw them. I don't take it seriously though, with the thought of the item always being available (and may gradually lower in value) as long as Alchemy is still around.

Quests? I do quest, but they are never long-term. The items are usually achieved within a month. My patience doesn't allow me to quest for an item on a long-term basis (My interest in the item would falter).

Absolutely not, it might be my pride, but I detest the thought of begging for help from someone. Especially for pixels, I would understand if my (or my loved one's) life depended on it, but pixels? You've got to be kidding me.

Useless, utterly useless. Unless you're a more well-known Gaian elsewhere, I don't think one would get many turn-outs in a quest threads. Charity threads though- I cannot comment upon since I've never entered one.

With my own ability, yes. Never will I beg.

Several times, however, it's never from my being overwhelmed by the long task, but because I've lost interest in the items.

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Trick or Treat 100
Soubi-chu
...Even when
I had a full time job every day AND a boyfriend, I could still find the
time to earn a bit of gold. ...

Aw, that's no big deal. Have a baby. That's when your ability to earn gold REALLY drops. I don't think I've earned 20k in the past 10 months. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff