Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

fuiuchi

It never occurs to them that some people keep items for personal reasons that have nothing to do with "showing off"... the friend who gave me this item means SO much to me. She saved my life. I wear it to remind me of her. She actually told me to sell it twice and buy the minis but I just can't do it... she gave it to me before she quit Gaia and moved away. sad

that's because people is greedy... they can't understand an item can have other type of value, not only gold pixels
I own an angelic scarf, it was a gift too... I have it since years and I will never sell it either because for me it don't have gold value :3 so I understand you and blame the people who harassed you for a stupid reason... <3

Partying Fatcat

Tsukita-chan
fuiuchi

It never occurs to them that some people keep items for personal reasons that have nothing to do with "showing off"... the friend who gave me this item means SO much to me. She saved my life. I wear it to remind me of her. She actually told me to sell it twice and buy the minis but I just can't do it... she gave it to me before she quit Gaia and moved away. sad

that's because people is greedy... they can't understand an item can have other type of value, not only gold pixels
I own an angelic scarf, it was a gift too... I have it since years and I will never sell it either because for me it don't have gold value :3 so I understand you and blame the people who harassed you for a stupid reason... <3

Thank you. crying heart

Heavenly Seraph

43,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I don't EXPECT donations, but I am happy when I get them for my quests. I just have a quest thread to bump and hang out in. I track my progress by my mule's account. When I get enough gold saved, I buy my item. That is about it.

Lady Pants

I don't really have an old long quest. Sure, there are items I still want, like mini-wings and the rose corsage, but I don't have the patience to bother with them, not with new shininess like Rapturous Union coming out and me lusting over it's loveliness. I never ever depend on the charity of others (though I always appreciate it when people do help me out), though I post in charities all the time because I almost always find someone really nice to chat with.

I do run a charity of my own. It's small, quiet and virtually insignificant, but we do have the occasional contest. I usually never bother with quest threads myself, though I know people who do have them and have success keeping them alive I've just never had a quest last long enough to warrant keeping a thread alive for it.

I have passed up items that I would have quested for usually, if the cost doesn't justify the number of poses the item actually has, or the item is just too damned rare for me to obtain easily, (and since I get side-tracked easily by new, pretty things, a long quest would just fizzle out anyway). When it is an item I want, and is obtainable, I stick a quest bar in my siggy, play Booty Grab every single day until I work up the funds or sell off older items I haven't worn in well over a year.

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250
I have some nice quality items (from buying them many years ago before inflation hit and selling stuff to obtain newer ones) so most users take one look at my avatar, assume I'm "rich" and wouldn't even consider donating to me. So I don't ask. I silently quest I don't ask for handouts and just slowly save my gold one coin at a time until I can afford the pixels I'm after. Been trying to get Fantasy Kitten Star since it was released in the Crystal Overdrive rig in 2k11. I'm not even half way there but I shall keep saving 3nodding

Mega Bit

I feel like people don't bother going into the charity forum to donate to quest thread people very much anymore. I think people would rather give only to their friends or pay attention to their own quests.
Often I see quest threads where people don't even seem to be trying...I mean you're 100 pages in and at 100k / 10 mil...that really doesn't seem serious to me.

I feel quest threads are best just to keep track of progress and what you hope to achieve for yourself as a personal goal. To expect something from others shouldn't be what the thread is made for...if it happens it should just be an added bonus.

Tipsy Pirate

The quest I am on is redundant; the very soil of this place leaks gold. Fish defecate gold. I think of gold. You think of gold. One of my teeth is gold. You have gold. I have gold. I take gold. You cry. Cry gold. pirate

Demonic Lover

I have a quest thread because I like pretty and organized things XD; wich is sort of ironic since I never made it pretty and I think it's kind of messy at the moment lol, but I really wanted to have a very visual way to keep track of my quest and I'm really proud of my chart c: I know no one cares about it but me but I love it lol, seeing how all dolls fit into place, the previous spaces being filled... I don't know I really like it~ plus SD+s are sort of my thing in Gaia XD; I'm way too deep to get out lol not that I want to, I love my dollies XD <3

I think you shouldn't get upset because no one donates to you, not only you'll scare away people like that but it makes little sense, you are not providing a service or anything x 3x I think most of the time it's just being at the right time when someone with a lot of gold gets into a charitable spirit XD

Angelic Nitemare

Man, I love my crazy quest thread. The people there are hella fun, and I am thankful for any help I get.

That being said, I do my part by keeping up on my collection as I go. When I started my quest years ago, I busted my hump and got myself to the point that now the quest isn't so much about the items as it is about the journey.

Wheezing Lunatic

I haven't made a quest thread in Charity/Questing since about 2006. Even back then it was mostly sit there and bump if you fall off the first page. When I make quest threads, which is incredibly rare, I usually do it in the Chatterbox. I have had much better luck over the years with putting my quest threads there. Usually I at least found someone to talk to while I was constantly playing games for gold.

Now if I bother to broadcast what I'm questing, I usually just use a quest bar. Mostly, though, I stick to myself and write down what I'm going for. Then lose the paper on my messy desk. sweatdrop

Shy Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I'm sort of glad that this subject was brought up, since I've been on Gaia for about 05 or so. I remember the days when people would just flat out help just because the thought of it was nice, now it just seems like everyone is >__> a lot more rude? Could just be my mind playing tricks on me though.

What is that item you still quest, even when you started from a long (long+) time?
SDPlus Fallen Star Eyes 14Mil
If you have ever quest something for such a long time, what do you do to get quest progress?
Just try to be more active on Gaia, or I'll play the marketplace. Buying low, selling high. But that usually blows up in my face XDD
Do you do depend on Charity Threads?
Nope o.o; I only made one and it was steamrolled over xD
What do you think of Charity Threads/Questing Threads?
All lies and deceit.
Do you do what ever it takes to get that item/s you really desire?
*Blinks* That makes it sound evil XD; I wouldn't do whatever it takes. Just try my hardest? ^^;
Have you given up on questing before?
X___X All of the so many times.

Tiny Shapeshifter

Eden Eternia
I'm sort of glad that this subject was brought up, since I've been on Gaia for about 05 or so. I remember the days when people would just flat out help just because the thought of it was nice, now it just seems like everyone is >__> a lot more rude? Could just be my mind playing tricks on me though.
It's not just you. The community in Gaia's early years were more tight-knit, so it's understandable for people be more friendly to those who they are familiar with. What with Gaia pumping out new items like woe, it's hard to quest only one item at a time.

-
@ Topic:

There's a distinct difference to quests and things that we call as wishlist items. It's not a quest if you're not going to put in a lot of effort into it yourself. Donators will donate to you only if they know you deserve their hard earned gold. Due to rampant competition/greed going on in this website, it's no wonder that people would be more skeptical/defensive to one another. Those who doesn't show effort/"care" are ones who likely won't receive anything.

For me, I've only made a quest thread once, or twice if I include my mule on Gaia. I use it as a way to keep track of items I really want. They got moved into my guild since the quests are growing rather long (Gaia pumps out so many items I want), and I didn't want people to see that I am questing said item (give them a reason to AI the price). I used to be on a long major quest though (not so much nowadays), but I never really completed it on my own since someone was kind enough to gift me said item (I was so flipping happy that day, lol).

Charity threads are pretty cool in a way. Having a place to hang out and be kind to one another... It's not my kind of thing to stay in one place for too long though. I mean, it's not like charity threads have something that my numerous other hangout forums/guilds doesn't have, you know? There's less expectation going on too, since charity threads are made with a couple of purposes in mind.

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
I have to admit that I have three quest threads, which I bump occasionally. Mainly they're there to keep track of my progress; one of them is my overall, "GET EVERYTHING" thread, another is my fishing quest, and the third keeps track of the item collecting I'm doing in order to get my hands on shinier items.

They're there for my sake, but I do like visitors dropping by and chatting or bumping or wishing me luck, and sometimes I do get a donation out of it, but I don't expect it to be "DUR, I HAS QUEST THREAD, I HAS ITEM NAO DUR?!"

Butterfly Prince

What is that item you still quest, even when you started from a long (long+) time?

It used to be FKS, but, finally, after a good long hard time. I actually got it.

If you have ever quest something for such a long time, what do you do to get quest progress?

I've done a little of everything, really. Basic vending, zOMG, booty grab, donations. It's all down to will power, effort, and sometimes, a little luck.

Not at all, but they can occasionally help in my ongoing AI collection quest.

Wished I could open one of my own one day, but, I'm just not that rich, not that talented of a vendor and new shinies are always going to distract me.

Sure do! Will power, spare time and determination!

Once I set my goal on something, it -will- happen, even if it takes years. (For example: Crown of Thrice Great.)

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

i've been questing an omg hat for a couple months now and i have to say people are really nice lol
i think about half of the gold i have currently is from donations
thank you all smile
i mostly try to make gold vending every couple of weeks
reason for that is cause i'm usually on the gaia app

spoon things:
long ago?

nothing really, my quests don't take too long
maybe someday i'll go for something very expensive mrgreen

well for my normal quests i usually just vend/exchange
i'll usually put the thing i'm questing in sig too

not depend, but if someone starts a thread giving away stuff i'll post lol

i've never really seen the point, i used to have and it was boring

sorta
like i said before i'll vend/exchange for a while, but not hardcore.
i only bother make gold once every 2-3weeks sweatdrop

i rarely start quests, but when i do i make sure it's something i can handle
so nope smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items