Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with a fictitious character

Monster Lover

I always find items I can't seem to use but I force myself to make avatars with them before I think about selling them. If I can't come up with anything at all then that's when they go bye bye.

Stellar Succubus

I only feel bad about it if it's something someone donated to me.

It's like being given a gift at christmas, loving them for the gesture, and feeling like a sack of crap because you have zero use for the thing.

I'm looking at you, mortar and pestle from my aunt!

Sparkling Streaker

yeah i had been sweating over getting zodiacal for so long and i finally saved enough to get it.... only to use it maybe once. such a disappointment. sold the stupid thing after a few months of collecting dust. actually, this thread is spurring me to do a massive inventory clean out.

Ladykiller

I really like the Brilliant Dynasty item. I think the hair pose is super cool, but I can never make anything that goes well with it. -0- I can never bring myself to sell it because I feel like some day I'm gonna make an avatar and then BAM Brilliant Dynasty will FINALLY work. sweatdrop But I've thought that since the day I bought it so who knows. xD

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
You're describing 50% of my inventory. xD

As an EI collector, it's pretty much inevitable to have an item that I can't properly use and refuse to sell. The latest was Reve Marin - I found I had little blue and silver items so it was really hard to use. @.@

Dainty Kitten

21,650 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Rina 200
  • Noble Shade 100
So many items I feel this way about. I think the one that made me the saddest was Princess Harmony. I loved that item but couldn't match it to anything. I turned around and sold it for a nice profit though. 4laugh

Lavish Lunatic

I love the Gloriana's Chantilly lace to bits, but I sold it a while ago since if you want to wear it, you're pretty much stuck to a certain theme. You can't really wear a huge neck ruff when you're not going for regal/victorian/shizzle. sweatdrop

So the funds went to other things. emotion_dowant

Noob

11,825 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Yep and this is why now I only buy an expensive item if I have planned out the perfect outfit already on TekTek. surprised

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Lapin Lequesne
Jokes aside, those cuffs just look bad to me. IRL if someone's got sleeves that fall that far, I just think it's poor taste. most often, the people who I see that hide their hands are incredibly self conscious and fidgety. The item just has a bad connotation to me.

Oh man, I met a cute guy who had his hands hidden in long sleeves, and we ended up going on a date where I found out he hid his hands because he was missing one of them!

I recently sold that brown/blue chimney sweep item (can't remember the name) because even though I loved the hat I have no matching items to make an avi out of it.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
What is that mummy REI?

I love it, but it matches absolutely nothing.

I generally keep stuff.

Invisible Player

When I was an imp I loved all the shoes. Now, I can't find any I like....why? Where have all the good shoes gone?

Tipsy Reindeer

This is like 75% of every new item I buy, and like 60% of my total inventory. (100% of my inventory at this current point in time.) I buy an item because I think it'll be useful down the road, without necessarily checking to see if I have any other items to go with it at the moment.

Usually I figure out a way to make it work though. It may take a long time, but I can make it work. I will make it work. It's very rare that I end up selling it in the end.

Intergalactic Recruit

I had the same problem with my Persephone, it was the first most expensive item I had ever purchased and I really just loved it... yet hardly used it.

The color combo is beautiful and I was really into Pomegranates at the time. The sandals were so cute but just made the feet and legs look too short and stubby, I didn't much like the hair or eye/lip pose, and while I mostly bought it for the Toga, I just was never in the mood to use it.

If it had been a very cheap item, I would have never sold it, but eventually after a year or two of owning it and really desiring other items, I decided that all that gold was being held up in an item I never used.. and I had done a Gaia Commission to get that much gold in the first place, so it felt like such a waste for me.

So I sold it and bought the Hazmats Hana hair. Most people would think that was dumb because it was a doll, but I buy my items for keeps, so I have to really be desperate for something I want and not care at all for the item I own anymore, to sell it so I could purchase something else.

---

As for other items, I do buy a lot of items that are cheap because I just like them so much, even if i never use them. Usually the items nobody else wants like Space and Sci-Fi themed stuff. I do use most of them, but some of them like that Saturn om noming your head.. I find it so adorable and the colors so nice, but every time I attempt to actually wear it, I just think it looks so silly and take it off.

Punctual Assailant

18,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I used to hoardkeep everything regardless of whether or not I could use it. These days I try to keep my invo. a bit more tidy so if I can't use an item I tend to sell it, I can always buy it back if I find a use for it later.

headsprout's Wife

Crumbly Bum

I really like the style of the wig from Princess of the World but whenever I put it on it looks weird with my face. :I Just mine, I feel. It looks uber-cute on anyone else I've seen wearing it. I don't know whether to keep it or sell it because I do like most of the other poses, but it's a big chunk of change that I could use for other things (probably new CI items). Dilemmas...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff