60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
Lyonel Noale
Snow Danger
aaaaaaaand back up please emotion_facepalm

Yeah, I'd better update that Zomg! is gone for good crying

and don't worry xd I'll be bumping this back up religiously when Christmas rolls around~

yeah, that and tentacl should probably be mentioned? just because people will see it around. just a footnote like it was gaia's sister site that allowed more NSFW content, had a few NPCs, and ran for a year before being shut down

Friendly Gaian

Snow Danger
Lyonel Noale
Snow Danger
aaaaaaaand back up please emotion_facepalm

Yeah, I'd better update that Zomg! is gone for good crying

and don't worry xd I'll be bumping this back up religiously when Christmas rolls around~

yeah, that and tentacl should probably be mentioned? just because people will see it around. just a footnote like it was gaia's sister site that allowed more NSFW content, had a few NPCs, and ran for a year before being shut down

Hm, good point... there's a really useful thread talking about it closing so I'll just make sure to add a link to it whee

9,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I come back every few years to see what has changed. Holy hell, this place. *facepalm*

Thank you for the updates. This was incredibly helpful.

Dapper Lunatic

Before Nov 6th, the last time I had logged into Gaia on this account or my mules (and I miraculously remembered their passwords!) was May 2012. I had been setting up an art contest and working on selling my inventory off to fund the prizes and... lost interest? Got distracted and forgot? Something. IDK. That was 2 and a half years ago. I barely remember what I eat for breakfast....

Anyway. My point is, thank you for this thread. A friend messaged me on Facebook with a "omg the inflation on Gaia is ridiculous!" and good lord is it ever! But I have spent the last few days working, once again, on funding my art contest and playing around with my avatar.

For those of you who have just returned, what are some of the biggest changes you have noticed? HOLY HELL! What the crap is the deal with the announcements???? Like, they post one once an hour and it's annoying as all get out! Like, if I wasn't committing to starting this art contest, I'd log right on out of Gaia and forget this site altogether based on the sheer amount of Cash Shop announcements alone! They are super annoying! (And btw Gaia. You can't say GC is on sale if it STAYS THE SALE PRICE. Then it's just the regular price. Does Gaia know how sales work?)

Once again, thanks for the easy to find update about what the heck is going on around here.

.....WTF is with the captchas?

Otherworldly Bunny

14,900 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Let me tell you, I just returned to Gaia a few months ago, after nearly a year or two of being gone, and seeing the marketplace inflation seriously TERRIFIED ME. I had no idea what to expect. This thread seriously saved me some major headaches, and I continue to check it out every now and then!

Thankfully this inflation has allowed me to sell a few items I didn't want, and buy a few I did! I feel slightly guilty for buying Gcash now though, idk how I feel about Gaia right now. I just love the dress up and am looking to get more involved with threads.

I've actually been on Gaia since around 2005-06, with an older account my friend let me use (because I was lk 10 and too wimpy to ask my parents permission lol), and I left around 2009 and came back around 1012, and have since then been spotty with my activity, one of my lasts posts was back in lk mid/early 2013 hahaaaa...

Tektek not updating has been upsetting, but I understand why they might have done it, but their toolbar is still handy af. The latest news of zOMG! shutting down jut straight up broke my heart man don't get me started when I went to play zOMG I got dressed up for the event bc I loved looking good and killing things.

The billions of announcements was just straight up annoying and still is, really.

But yeah thanks so much for this thread!

Thanks for that! As someone who does come back for the events, and hasn't been on for a year...those 0s after numbers in the market place really got me. And even how new shop items (and some older ones) are 1000s times what they used to be....

Should've spent my savings 5 years ago when it was worth something. xD Ah well.

Shameless Nerd

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250
Thanks for this. I've been a Gaia user since 05, would of been 04 if I was not lazy. There was a time I could not imagine the amount of gold I have right now. I remember how it took me almost 3 years from my join date to save up about 6 million gold, along with a few letter sets, to be able to buy a Nitemare Scarf. And now, to see things go for a trillion is redonkulus!
The out of control spiral Gaia has ended up on is crazy, and now I just come back on every so often to check on things. So thanks for all this explanation and break down of what has happened.
Holy globs, so many changes. It seems the site's going down the toilet real fast.

Friendly Gaian

xxdeath_starexx
I come back every few years to see what has changed. Holy hell, this place. *facepalm*

Thank you for the updates. This was incredibly helpful.

No problem! whee I'm really glad that I could be of help!!

If there's anything you happen to notice in regards to updates that you think I should add to the list, just let me know!

And thanks again for your feedback!! I really appreciate it. 3nodding

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Budding Witch 250
Perhaps include a link to this announcement as well in the ZOMG part?

Friendly Gaian

Snow Danger

Thank you Snow Danger!! crying I really appreciate your help, you're a lifesaver

Friendly Gaian

Akasha Heartilly
Thanks for this. I've been a Gaia user since 05, would of been 04 if I was not lazy. There was a time I could not imagine the amount of gold I have right now. I remember how it took me almost 3 years from my join date to save up about 6 million gold, along with a few letter sets, to be able to buy a Nitemare Scarf. And now, to see things go for a trillion is redonkulus!
The out of control spiral Gaia has ended up on is crazy, and now I just come back on every so often to check on things. So thanks for all this explanation and break down of what has happened.

No problem! I'm glad this thread was so useful, as well. 3nodding

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Budding Witch 250
Lyonel Noale
Snow Danger

Thank you Snow Danger!! crying I really appreciate your help, you're a lifesaver

noooo you are for putting the thread together :3

Ruthless Elder

36,775 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Well, guess I'll just bunker back down for another year and see what the Marketplace looks like then. Feebas, Gaia. The amount of failure that's taken place is humiliating. Looks a lot to me like your run is over.
Like holy s**t I don't think I have enough time in the world to read everything.
I just logged back in after forever and I don't know what happened to this place.
Was everyone just handed a billion and told to have at it?
I mean I get it I read it and holy s**t.

Guess its the gold shop for me. rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces