Welcome to Gaia! ::

Saint Sweetheart

considering all the annoying/gross/inappropriate ads that only get removed when the users take issue with them and report them, no I won't be removing adblock.

It's not my job to make sure ads don't try to give me a virus, it's yours.

Anxious Werewolf

I buy cash so I just see Gaia's ads

But a lot of people have legitimate reasons for using adblock...I'd probably use it to, depsite any plea from the site.

Enduring Gaian

12,300 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Bronze_Fox
Hopefully Gaia is doing alright financially. gonk I'd hate for it to go down like TinierMe.

I basically see it like:

Gaia Online with ads or No Gaia Online

I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't. So far I've seen the user pop. go from 30k to 14k.

On topic: I buy little amounts of Gaia cash to support the site, but I don't have adblock to start with, never experienced the intrusive ads though. gonk

Enduring Seeker

13,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
Whats ironic is that this announcement actually made me GET Adblock...

I know that Gaia have little/no control over what ads get show, but lately I've been getting extremely intrusive ads that open new tabs/windows. (Usually lottery/antivirus scam sites.)

I want to help support Gaia, but its getting more and more difficult every day... sad

Inquisitor

19,975 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
ღ i just use adblock because this is a shared laptop, and my father installed it. i have no idea how to turn it off.
i don't think i'd turn it off even if i could though. i get bombarded with those talking ones, and it's really irksome when i'm listening to music in another tab and i can't get that darn ad to shut up.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I've been a Cash user for years. Never bothered to get AdBlock or any other ads, since more often than not I don't have speakers on in the first place... also, I rarely see actual invasive ads. We had them for a short while, but I think users reported them enough that the bulk of them were removed.

Not gonna get AdBlock. The actual ads don't bother me at all.

Sparkly Nerd

28,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Brandisher 100
Well...
If you think about it, Gaia does stop putting up ads for a month if you spend more than 250GC in a month. So maybe it's their way of saying "spend a little, stop getting ads" by posting an announcement for the CS.

Greedy Lover

Do you even know what irony is OP? neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas