Welcome to Gaia! ::

To all GCDers, how many of you like to RP?

I do! 0.44827586206897 44.8% [ 78 ]
I don't! 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 58 ]
Just answering for gold 0.2183908045977 21.8% [ 38 ]
Total Votes:[ 174 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Victorious Victory

25,950 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Rebel Spark 50
Personally, my username is completely random. I also just tend to lurk everywhere, CB or GCD.
The GD a place of lawlessness, personally speaking.

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
I had the user name Nymphadora_Tonks for years... From the point I joined Gaia (March 2004) until about two years ago. The only reason I changed because some girl made her user name way to close to mine, didn't have the little _ in it, and every time I tried to log in, it kept saying that my password wasn't right. It was a major glitch that was happening a lot at that point in time. So I just finally chose to change my user name. I use to have an account U.S. Air Force Airman which was banned back in 2010 I think Oo;;; can't remember, was a while ago, so I though to fix the issue, I would combine the new names into one ( that way my friends from Airman would know it was me)

My user names always had a lot of meaning to me as a person. Nymphadora Tonks was my favorite character from Harry Potter, so that's why I've always gone with that name for almost EVERYTHING I do. My U.S. Air Force Airman account about right around the time I signed up for the Air Force, so it had a ton of meaning to me as well. Served for 5 years and deployed twice. Was very proud to be an Airman. So now, my user name has double the special meaning to it.

Mine really isn't overly creative or really fits into any category I think. The most places I frequent are in here, the Gaia Exchange, and the Art Forums. So I guess that could be the reason why, because I have kind of a broad forum interest on here.

(Sorry if there are a lot of typing errors, I'm on my phone, and my auto correct and fingers don't always agree with what I'm trying to say sweatdrop )

Fashionable Noob

11,625 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
nmyhv1
Personally, my username is completely random. I also just tend to lurk everywhere, CB or GCD.

The GD has been like that for a very, very long time. sad It's been little more than a glorified chatterbox for years and I think the problem stems from the fact that there is a forum for almost every topic of conversation that might come up on a site like this, which means there's really nothing "general" to discuss there aside from name dropping, pic-posting, preteen sex threads.

Alien Invader

Well, I've only ever noticed that forums like CB and GD have a variety of odd usernames usually stemming from how often posters in those areas are banned. You see a lot more "v.12" or usernames that are meant to be like...jokes? Like look how dirty I can make this username without getting in trouble for it? I don't know. People have fun on this site in a variety of ways and to each their own. xd

I tend to act a little differently in GCD or well, I type with more correct grammar. In my home forum I usually don't capitalize unless I'm in a thread that feels more serious. This forum often feels serious and I've seen the reactions of users to those who type in a more "chatspeak" style and it's a little intimidating. I like to come off a little more casual online and yeah, maybe I'll abuse emoticons or add in too many lol's, but it's just how I express that I'm not being super serious. :c

Victorious Victory

25,950 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Rebel Spark 50
Nemariel
nmyhv1

The GD has been like that for a very, very long time. sad It's been little more than a glorified chatterbox for years and I think the problem stems from the fact that there is a forum for almost every topic of conversation that might come up on a site like this, which means there's really nothing "general" to discuss there aside from name dropping, pic-posting, preteen sex threads.

I feel sick whenever I see it. ._.
It's the kind of stuff that makes me want to shoot someone. >:l

Fashionable Noob

11,625 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
nmyhv1
Nemariel
nmyhv1

When they moved all of the Hang Out Threads and established friend's chat, it kind of eliminated the last bastion of sanity that existed in the GD. That was a long, long time ago and it's been a shithole ever since.

Victorious Victory

25,950 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Rebel Spark 50
Nemariel
nmyhv1
Nemariel
nmyhv1

When they moved all of the Hang Out Threads and established friend's chat, it kind of eliminated the last bastion of sanity that existed in the GD. That was a long, long time ago and it's been a shithole ever since.

I shed a tear for what once was.

Fashionable Noob

11,625 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
nmyhv1
Nemariel
nmyhv1
Nemariel
nmyhv1

Don't mourn too much. It's been on a downward spiral pretty much ever since the word "prominent" became a thing in reference to users.

Victorious Victory

25,950 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Rebel Spark 50
Nemariel
nmyhv1
Nemariel
nmyhv1
Nemariel
nmyhv1

Don't mourn too much. It's been on a downward spiral pretty much ever since the word "prominent" became a thing in reference to users.

-cringes-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces