Welcome to Gaia! ::

To all GCDers, how many of you like to RP?

I do! 0.44827586206897 44.8% [ 78 ]
I don't! 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 58 ]
Just answering for gold 0.2183908045977 21.8% [ 38 ]
Total Votes:[ 174 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Hardcore Muse

Naturalist

It's homage to the song Black Velvet, I threw in Mississippi since it's referenced in the song as well. Though if you want to get technical my name could also be in reference to Elvis Presley since that's who the song was written about.

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Mississippi Black Velvet
Naturalist

It's homage to the song Black Velvet, I threw in Mississippi since it's referenced in the song as well. Though if you want to get technical my name could also be in reference to Elvis Presley since that's who the song was written about.

Oh cool 3nodding I was thinking something along the lines of Mississippi mud pie and red velvet but I think I'm just hungry lol

[.Crack.]'s Fav

Sexy Melon

Naturalist

Yeah, I saw one dude just recently with a username of just U xd

I see so many nice users that would benefit from taking off the extra symbols and stuff

Easy to remember with just one letter XD

Yeah. Though I guess it's a matter of taste too? Other people might like the symbols in their name.

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

I also noticed that the CB and Exchange tend to have a higher likelihood of usernames with a "v#" tagged to the end of it. For the longest time I had no idea what that meant and thought it was a "gang" or something... But then I realized it just meant they got banned for something and came back sweatdrop

As for my username? It's a derivative of my first one because one day I found out "Wait, you can have SPACES in your username on here? SWEET". (That, and I was tired of Lady Gaga jokes being made with my first one.)
I really enjoy the CB usernames. Some make me smile. The WG Forum has the most random assortment of usernames I've seen. Silly fellow WGers. heart

Hardcore Muse

Naturalist

Both desserts are delicious though but no.
xd

Stellar Succubus

Im not into roleplay as such, but character development forms part of my paid work.

So I suppose in a sense yes, I have a name that is roleplayesque.

I notice the flash areas and such tend to go through many trends which many users replicate.

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
”Tell me why am I still here when it’s all gone; I’m living with the ghost of yesterday
Tell me why am I still trying to hold on; I’ve got to tear it down to let it go”

Anyone else notice any similarities between folks who hang in certain areas of Gaia?
Hmmm... Sort of, I guess? Most of what you mentioned in the OP is true, but there's some overlap, especially with people that frequent multiple forums; the GCD especially is such a mixed bag that pretty much anything goes in here~
(Though, most of the GCD regulars I've seen at least have some semblance of a pronouncable name without a whole confusing slew of numbers and L33TSP34K and whatnot... I guess there's that xd )

What are some similarities in other parts of Gaia?
What someone mentioned earlier in this thread about the Anime/Manga forum... Pretty sure that still holds true xd And then there's Barton Town, where a whole lot of the names seem to be way more character-based real-name types~
I couldn't say for sure though since I don't get out much O3o

Do you find yourself acting differently in different forums?
Since I stick to just the GCD and my home guild (and its event spin-off threads), nope, and even there I'm always the same sardonic b***h who whines about everything with a wink and a smile emotion_yatta

As for me, my username is a nickname of a nickname of my real name, and it actually used to be Nanzzy-Rulezz (I still am NanzzyRulezz on deviantArt and perhaps other places I forgot about lmao) but I changed that around the time I got more active on here, I think somewhere in '10-'11... I wanted to just get rid of the hyphen but it wouldn't let me because that was too close, so I just stuck with my current, which in the end I guess works best since it's more like a proper name xd
I only roleplay in the most casual sense of the word, none of that paragraph-length stuff... Used to do that on another forum site but that kinda died out and I lost interest. Casual roleplaying's just more fun to me~ whee And now I've actually ran into trouble with the whole name thing because my rp character has started to lead a life of her own, but she's still using my nickname; I'm trying to make her story into an actual comic one day but I'm gonna have to find a suitable name for her first rofl

User Image

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Woo Mee
Naturalist

Yeah, I saw one dude just recently with a username of just U xd

I see so many nice users that would benefit from taking off the extra symbols and stuff

Easy to remember with just one letter XD

Yeah. Though I guess it's a matter of taste too? Other people might like the symbols in their name.

Yeah I guess xP

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Madam Ace
I also noticed that the CB and Exchange tend to have a higher likelihood of usernames with a "v#" tagged to the end of it. For the longest time I had no idea what that meant and thought it was a "gang" or something... But then I realized it just meant they got banned for something and came back sweatdrop

As for my username? It's a derivative of my first one because one day I found out "Wait, you can have SPACES in your username on here? SWEET". (That, and I was tired of Lady Gaga jokes being made with my first one.)

What was your first user? surprised

Yeah they wear that v2, v3, etc proudly

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Qwanna
I really enjoy the CB usernames. Some make me smile. The WG Forum has the most random assortment of usernames I've seen. Silly fellow WGers. heart

WG forum? What's that?

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
VVhip
Im not into roleplay as such, but character development forms part of my paid work.

So I suppose in a sense yes, I have a name that is roleplayesque.

I notice the flash areas and such tend to go through many trends which many users replicate.

Yeah, I wonder what the new trend is now?

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Nanzzy-chan
”Tell me why am I still here when it’s all gone; I’m living with the ghost of yesterday
Tell me why am I still trying to hold on; I’ve got to tear it down to let it go”

Anyone else notice any similarities between folks who hang in certain areas of Gaia?
Hmmm... Sort of, I guess? Most of what you mentioned in the OP is true, but there's some overlap, especially with people that frequent multiple forums; the GCD especially is such a mixed bag that pretty much anything goes in here~
(Though, most of the GCD regulars I've seen at least have some semblance of a pronouncable name without a whole confusing slew of numbers and L33TSP34K and whatnot... I guess there's that xd )

What are some similarities in other parts of Gaia?
What someone mentioned earlier in this thread about the Anime/Manga forum... Pretty sure that still holds true xd And then there's Barton Town, where a whole lot of the names seem to be way more character-based real-name types~
I couldn't say for sure though since I don't get out much O3o

Do you find yourself acting differently in different forums?
Since I stick to just the GCD and my home guild (and its event spin-off threads), nope, and even there I'm always the same sardonic b***h who whines about everything with a wink and a smile emotion_yatta

As for me, my username is a nickname of a nickname of my real name, and it actually used to be Nanzzy-Rulezz (I still am NanzzyRulezz on deviantArt and perhaps other places I forgot about lmao) but I changed that around the time I got more active on here, I think somewhere in '10-'11... I wanted to just get rid of the hyphen but it wouldn't let me because that was too close, so I just stuck with my current, which in the end I guess works best since it's more like a proper name xd
I only roleplay in the most casual sense of the word, none of that paragraph-length stuff... Used to do that on another forum site but that kinda died out and I lost interest. Casual roleplaying's just more fun to me~ whee And now I've actually ran into trouble with the whole name thing because my rp character has started to lead a life of her own, but she's still using my nickname; I'm trying to make her story into an actual comic one day but I'm gonna have to find a suitable name for her first rofl

User Image

Haha yeah. GCD is classy yo cool

I wish I could've used my nickname "Vicky" but like, Vicky is always associated with evil mad

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Naturalist
Haha yeah. GCD is classy yo cool

I wish I could've used my nickname "Vicky" but like, Vicky is always associated with evil mad

Natch~ emotion_dealwithit

It helps that my username is pretty unusual so I can use it pretty much anywhere too rofl
Oh really? When I think of the name Vicky I think of a kind of cheerful, chubby girl... But then that's probably because I had a friend/classmate whose name is Vicky who was exactly like that xd

User Image
Naturalist
Qwanna

WG forum? What's that?

Word Games and others Forum!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas