Welcome to Gaia! ::

To all GCDers, how many of you like to RP?

I do! 0.44827586206897 44.8% [ 78 ]
I don't! 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 58 ]
Just answering for gold 0.2183908045977 21.8% [ 38 ]
Total Votes:[ 174 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Special Snowflake

I've never noticed a trend in the usernames before... Mainly, I only notice that a lot of Exchangers/ Venders have funny names... Like "too slow" or something on the MP. That was funny... losing out to that vendor was kinda hilarious.

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Sand Dancer Shaka
I've never noticed a trend in the usernames before... Mainly, I only notice that a lot of Exchangers/ Venders have funny names... Like "too slow" or something on the MP. That was funny... losing out to that vendor was kinda hilarious.

Ooh yeah. I see those kinds of names a lot in the exchange thread as well. Well, if they're good, can't argue razz

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Naturalist
Astra rig? O.O
”Tell me why am I still here when it’s all gone; I’m living with the ghost of yesterday
Tell me why am I still trying to hold on; I’ve got to tear it down to let it go”

Yeah, go check out the daily CS thread, there's a new music-themed Astra RIG, and music-related items in GoFusion, and a new tier with all kinds of goodies, and the NPC vs NPC event is up omg so many updates all at once @v@;;

User Image

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Nanzzy-chan
Naturalist
Astra rig? O.O
”Tell me why am I still here when it’s all gone; I’m living with the ghost of yesterday
Tell me why am I still trying to hold on; I’ve got to tear it down to let it go”

Yeah, go check out the daily CS thread, there's a new music-themed Astra RIG, and music-related items in GoFusion, and a new tier with all kinds of goodies, and the NPC vs NPC event is up omg so many updates all at once @v@;;

User Image

Yeah I just saw >o< I picked up Eternal Heartbeat

Demonic Warlock

44,375 Points
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
I'm known as KillerCaitie in a handful of online communities. I also was once known as WWETakerGirl.
Hahaha I definitely have noticed the CB trend for a while and it's spot on lol

Tbh I have no idea where my username would fit... It's not a real word, but when I made it up a couple of years back it took me a loooong time to come up with a short and casual name. I don't even what promoted me to make it one word sweatdrop I used to post in the GCD, and CB a lot in 2008/9 when I changed it, maybe it was a trend back then? Idk cat_neutral

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Naturalist

What was your first user? surprised

It used to be "Pokerfaceace"
I like this one infinitely more. 3nodding

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Madam Ace
Naturalist

What was your first user? surprised

It used to be "Pokerfaceace"
I like this one infinitely more. 3nodding

Haha that's cute whee But i agree, i like your current more!

Tiny Shapeshifter

I agree on how usernames are usually based off of ones interest. My username has been with me ever since the dawn of my internet usage, and back then when I was a wee little thing, I wanted to associate myself with something fantasy-like (loved so many RPGs of that 1990s era). Then again, I don't hang around in gaming forums, nor anime/manga, nor the Barton Roleplay forums, which are something I'm still interested in have I had the time. I guess my taste in content may have to do with the lack of visits over there as well.

Eternal Hellraiser

I can see where your getting those observations from. IDK if I'd call them trends tho ahaha.
      But I think that has to do w/how i see usernames. They are more like personas to me :v
      As sometimes they can show a little bit into a persons interests and stuff.. or just be a reflection of their online persona.
      but sometimes the name is what is it to be trolly and nothing more. P:

My favorite ones were always in Pvp/hardcore pve farmer communities. generally some sort of humorous but quirky spin on something.

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
I tend to change my username a lot... but always change it back to Pfefferminze, Idek why haha
But tbh I don't pay that much attention to usernames in general OTL

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I do notice certain types of username associated with each forum. I try to act the same everywhere I go, no sense in acting different or pretending to be someone you aren't.

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
So true!

ninja where do you think I fit?!? ninja

It's supposed to be two names, bren tempted to change it but cant/wont because I've been around since 2003 and have lost touch with some people and if anyone knows me I want them to be able to find me!

I also noticed that in the Heaven forums the names are often longer and still more...uh. Not sexualized/xxxnamexxxx/spamyspam Usually names or long creative type name things.

Perfect Saint

I'm under "Not creative enough to think of a user name and just use my own" niche.
I feel like lately there's more usernames that are a phrase rather than a name. It could be that I just never noticed them before though and I don't know if it's subforum-specific.

Aside from that though, I don't know that I've noticed the same trends OP mentioned, but maybe I'll be more on the lookout now c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff