this looks like one facebok game i may actually play >w>

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Oh hey, look, I found an articles about this game from July of this year:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gaia-interactive-partners-with-fever-studio-to-create-new-breed-of-social-games-for-facebook-125850523.html

http://blog.games.com/2011/07/20/gaia-interactive-fever-studio-partnership/

Khaleesi

Cute, but it's too bad we can't carry over our avatars or something

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
Very cute, but I don't quite like that Gaia is becoming more involved with making Facebook games.

Divine Muse

Lucidly
Very cute, but I don't quite like that Gaia is becoming more involved with making Facebook games.

Since the CEO was involved with Facebook before he was CEO he would stick to what he knows.

Nerd

meep12345
BiaA
Jayce Reinhardt
Seems almost like this existing game on FB

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Frontier-Ville-New-Game-/128211003876615

Frontier Ville has no bishounen, therefore it's inferior.

Ah man, I really hope it doesn't end up as a Bishi-filled FV knockoff... cat_stressed

Although, I'm not terribly excited about a Bishi-filled HM knockoff either cat_stare

Man, seriously, with all that farming, you'd think they'd look like Bara dudes instead a bunch of anorexic anime twinks cat_gonk

The Bara thing would be interesting, lol.

Maybe it knockoffs all farmville, harvest moon and dating sims creating a new unique experience...maybe. The art seems to be better than average quality for facebook games (the buildings and flowers look incredible detailed), so I have a little hope this might be a new take on some concepts. After all, I don't oppose to those kind of kockoffs if they're done well.

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
Jayce Reinhardt
Lucidly

Since the CEO was involved with Facebook before he was CEO he would stick to what he knows.
I know, but it still makes me uncomfortable. >_>

Demonic Lover

I'm a sucker for plants and farming games, but I'm so over Facebook uxu; I wish they would put it on the site instead, we really need new pretty gardens that give us floral items and (maybe) alchemy items.

User Image

Nerd

meep12345
Oh hey, look, I found an articles about this game from July of this year:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gaia-interactive-partners-with-fever-studio-to-create-new-breed-of-social-games-for-facebook-125850523.html

http://blog.games.com/2011/07/20/gaia-interactive-fever-studio-partnership/

Oh, thanks for the links emotion_bigheart

"Everytown is, as of this writing, the most successful game on the top South Korean social networks, so Gaia hopes that Facebook's extensive user base of over 750 million users will adopt it into their gameplay schedules just as regularly. "

Hohohoho, this seems good! With South Korea having a shitload of games being the most popular must mean something good. At least we know there's probably a ton of content emotion_dowant

Khaleesi

Viviette Valentine
I'm a sucker for plants and farming games, but I'm so over Facebook uxu; I wish they would put it on the site instead, we really need new pretty gardens that give us floral items and (maybe) alchemy items.

User Image

It's a separate department of Gaia, it's not connected to our website, but rather to social games.

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
BiaA
meep12345
BiaA
Jayce Reinhardt

Ah man, I really hope it doesn't end up as a Bishi-filled FV knockoff... cat_stressed

Although, I'm not terribly excited about a Bishi-filled HM knockoff either cat_stare

Man, seriously, with all that farming, you'd think they'd look like Bara dudes instead a bunch of anorexic anime twinks cat_gonk

Maybe it knockoffs all farmville, harvest moon and dating sims creating a new unique experience...maybe. The art seems to be better than average quality for facebook games (the buildings and flowers look incredible detailed), so I have a little hope this might be a new take on some concepts. After all, I don't oppose to those kind of kockoffs if they're done well.

Ja, I don't mind the fact the games are knockoffs as much as I don't like the fact that they're not on Gaia and, in almost everywhere, don't actually contribute to Gaia cat_stare

Although, after playing (and beating) HM:ToTT (the latest HM game), they're a lot of similarities between the two, except this reminds me more of like a HM game (which is where all the farming/dating stuff comes in) meets SPP Ranch (which is the building up of the town, cutesy-ness of everything).

Of course, isn't counterproductive for Gaia, with its lower-than-usual population attendance, releasing a Facebook game that could potential drive more people away from Gaia (or, at least, divert potential Gaia traffic into Facebook instead)?

I mean, I really question what all these Facebook games are really saying about Gaia's main sites future from a corporate level view, since regular traffic is rather low (even lower if you minus out mules), zOMG traffic is even lower than that, and I mean, there is barely 14k users online right now and one of the articles say Monster Galaxy sits comfortably at 14.9mil users... Although, it looks like its dropped down to 1.4mil users now (which is how many times the 13k users we've got?)...

And, yes, Bara farmers for teh WIN~! cat_xd

Moonlight Witch

32,265 Points
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Winter Guardian 250

Facebook games make my laptop lag, so automatic no. Plus, I have Harvest Moon: Animal Parade to fill that niche. whee

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Madkool
Viviette Valentine

User Image

It's a separate department of Gaia, it's not connected to our website, but rather to social games.

Really? I didn't know that cat_eek

Do you have a link to something that states this?

It be great to pass that information on to others, especially since I was under the impression that there wasn't a separate department (given, for example, how Moga uses zOMG music, zOMG artwork/art style/design, and all Gaia-mons are, you know, various companion items, for the most part... And I'm not talking about the RIG that gave us the ones that were originally from Moga).

I mean, isn't Gaia Interactive the corporations name as a whole?

Indomitable Bro

I would... probably play this actually
I'm a sucker for harvest moon type stuff

Nerd

meep12345
BiaA
meep12345
BiaA
Jayce Reinhardt

Ja, I don't mind the fact the games are knockoffs as much as I don't like the fact that they're not on Gaia and, in almost everywhere, don't actually contribute to Gaia cat_stare

Although, after playing (and beating) HM:ToTT (the latest HM game), they're a lot of similarities between the two, except this reminds me more of like a HM game (which is where all the farming/dating stuff comes in) meets SPP Ranch (which is the building up of the town, cutesy-ness of everything).

Of course, isn't counterproductive for Gaia, with its lower-than-usual population attendance, releasing a Facebook game that could potential drive more people away from Gaia (or, at least, divert potential Gaia traffic into Facebook instead)?

I mean, I really question what all these Facebook games are really saying about Gaia's main sites future from a corporate level view, since regular traffic is rather low (even lower if you minus out mules), zOMG traffic is even lower than that, and I mean, there is barely 14k users online right now and one of the articles say Monster Galaxy sits comfortably at 14.9mil users... Although, it looks like its dropped down to 1.4mil users now (which is how many times the 13k users we've got?)...

And, yes, Bara farmers for teh WIN~! cat_xd

I don't believe those games would lower the current population of Gaia as aside from being social networks Gaia and facebook have distinct features, I don't think one could replace the other. From what I've seen people who play Monster Galaxy are not users from here, but rather just people on facebook. I discovered a couple of my friends who never wanted to create a Gaia account playing it. So I think associating the Gaia brand with those games might even bring new people here.

Social gaming is getting huge, and I think jumping on this boat with a actually good game can bring Gaia loads of money. And on top of that all they're doing is localizing (is that the word?) Summer Springs, so I don't believe the resources used will make the quality of the site drop.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff