Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anbu`'s Husband

Ruthless Capitalist

Addium

Haha how could you tell I'm a vendor xDD

And thank you ;3 Yes i love hoarding items as well xDDD

And i don't think it is, pretty sure I've seen people do it in CB. But if it is, thank god im lazy xDD

Stellar Succubus

Addium

Lazily by most used by item type, followed by categories of less used by item type... with a chunk at the end of recently attained things.

I havent touched my inventory since noticing glitches. I dont want anything else to go awry.

and I own a lot of items. Many pages.

oBuns's Other Half

Loser

Addium
Cutbu
i sort my inventory by sets

doubles, recolors etc

items that arent in sets just kinda sit there in a mess at the bottom of my inventory

User Image

Oh whoa. Is that your entire inventory or just a few pages worth?
How are you able to find everything? Do you just remember the set order?

Jigo-san
I feel like I'm one of the "few" people that actually likes the new inventory arranger.
I hated the old one since... it was old. I hated how my inventory looked like a wreck but I couldn't do anything about it since I hated using the old one.
Really happy with the new inventory arranger. I was finally able to sort out my items by color. I got from paw furs, to black to white to red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and then brown. And random food items;;

It's not perfect, but it's good enough for me.
It says I have 896 items in total. Not sure how many are just clothes. That's the most I've ever had... since I completely switched over to being a paw, I tried to collect all the items. (Impossible... for me. And there's so many I don't even really want...)
This is what my inventory looks like right now, March 1st/2nd.
Large image.
User Image

Oooh very nice. I feel that the color organization is great for those with smaller inventories.
Since those who do have small inventories don't have to memorize so many items.

The inventory may be old, but it still works for a lot of people.
And I always say "don't fix what is not broken" since Gaia has a habit of doing so.

If people want to use the new inventory arranger, that's perfectly fine.
As long as they don't take away the old inventory arranger, I will still be happy.

Loner Yanagi
I like the inventory arranger... I just don't like my shitty inventory. x____x I'm so jealous of the other people in this thread.

Don't be! Take this time to learn about other people's inventory organization methods.
Maybe you can use whatever technique works best for you. smile

Bellecoso
My.... Inventory?

User Image

[Distressed chattering]

Even with the new inventory arranger, I don't think I'll ever be able to organize it.

Especially since I stopped mass-throwing things away following events designed to trash your garbage items in exchange for event items.

That was a horrible mistake.

And this is just my main account...

Haha I love the art of your overwhelmed avatar! So awesome!
I really need to get my butt back in gear to ask around for some avatar art.
But no one wants to draw my hat so I keep getting shot down. xD

I see a lot of red items with hints of green, yellow and black.
Ever since the inflation hit, I've been keeping all of my items and not getting rid of them.
Even all the cheaper items. If I have tons of extras though, I'd donate them.
Maybe you can trade all the extra items to a mule or something. surprised

thats my entire inventory 3nodding

and yeah when it comes to my inventory i have a pretty good memory of it lol

Arashisora's Significant Otter

Demonic Hero

XxRainyCloudsxX
Addium

Haha how could you tell I'm a vendor xDD

And thank you ;3 Yes i love hoarding items as well xDDD

And i don't think it is, pretty sure I've seen people do it in CB. But if it is, thank god im lazy xDD

I just had a hunch.
But the reason is because people aren't supposed to give out their passwords to anyone.
So that's why I suggest you don't do that.

If it wasn't against the ToS, I would totally start my own inventory arranging shop.
Although, I'm not so good arranging it in colors since I arrange from top to bottom.

VVhip
Addium

Lazily by most used by item type, followed by categories of less used by item type... with a chunk at the end of recently attained things.

I havent touched my inventory since noticing glitches. I dont want anything else to go awry.

and I own a lot of items. Many pages.

Ah I see.
Yeah that's why I just don't trust the new inventory arranger because of all the glitches that come with it.
I don't think I'll be able to handle it if all of my things go out of place all of a sudden.
Oooh I'm curious to know how many pages you have. (600 items per page.)

Cutbu
thats my entire inventory 3nodding

and yeah when it comes to my inventory i have a pretty good memory of it lol

Must be super easy for you then! xD

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
Addium
Shrimp_Man
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

I used to use the old inventory arranger all the time until I went over 5 pages of stuff. Then it became just a pain in the a** to get the thing to load all at one time, it's why I started sticking stuff in my storage in the first place.

The thing is, the first three and a half pages are all arranged nicely but I want to do a new arrangement style which is why I think, for me, it'd be easier to just use the new one since the new one works fine for me for the most part. I haven't tried to really move anything in large batches and in my main inventory since it was released though. I suppose I can try and load the old arranger and see how quickly it loads for comparison.

of the House of Demonic Dreams

What browser are you using to load the old inventory arranger?
I hear from others that Chrome works best.
I use Chrome as well and all 20,000+ items load up just fine.
It does take a little while though, but I'm okay with it as long as it works.
And it's just so much easier and better for me to use.

The old inventory arranger does not work on Firefox for me at all.
Because it keeps saying I need to update my flash player.
Which I did and it still does the same thing.
I can't even load the flash spaces on it, either.

Firefox. It's just, it loads, but it loads so slowly that sometimes I'll be waiting ten minutes for things to load that I resort to searching for things rather than actually trying to organize properly. Of course, now that I can actually trash my extra caches, it might be a little easier to organize.

I don't do much on Chrome other than collect my daily chance or change my avatar since I prefer to use Firefox. xD I mostly use Chrome for my mules.

Homucifer's Significant Otter

Sugary Bear

29,475 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
ahh i tried screenshottin' my invo n gave up on page 4 out of 11 on equippables cry
there's no real rhyme or reason to my way of organizing other than
paw >>> often-used/ fav / cash items >>> rarely-used / gs / event / cheap cash items
then the last 2.5 pages are a big mess of old event/repeat/sponsor items i'm currently working on transferring to my mule
oh and theyre all sorted with some sorta rainbow dealy

BIG IMG AHEAD:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i organize it fairly often, though what i really need to do is go in and organize the colours,
since ive been just stuffing all colours 2gether instead of grouping lights & darks apart and stuff
(y'get me? that kinda makes a lil sense i hope)
it's an ongoing project for whenever i have 2 much free time

i wish i were this organized irl lol

Greedy Drake

This thread made me go attempt to arrange my inventory and im pretty sure it deleted one of my I am Pawsitively Slys from my inventory so ugh forget having it arranged. Not gonna bother writing up a ticket about it, but I sure do hate the new inventory arranger. sad Who knows what else it deleted without me noticing.

Space Witch

37,750 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
I would have a fit if the old inventory arranger was disabled permanently. The new one, as OP said, is not large invo freindly. Its way easier for me to manage things in the old one.

Demonic Hero

Jinglybell
This thread made me go attempt to arrange my inventory and im pretty sure it deleted one of my I am Pawsitively Slys from my inventory so ugh forget having it arranged. Not gonna bother writing up a ticket about it, but I sure do hate the new inventory arranger. sad Who knows what else it deleted without me noticing.

- Have you looked in the storages to see if it had gone in there? (Both new and old inventory arranger.)
- Did you type the name or any of the keywords for it in the search bar on your customize avatar page AND inventory?

Greedy Drake

Addium
Jinglybell

- Have you looked in the storages to see if it had gone in there? (Both new and old inventory arranger.)
- Did you type the name or any of the keywords for it in the search bar on your customize avatar page AND inventory?

Yea I checked the keywords only have 1 in my inventory (pretty sure I had 2, it showed two when I started anyway) checking the mp says I only have one now and I dont see it in my storage, but I do have a ton of garbage hanging out in there. I think it got confused because I had one I tried moving directly in my inventory to the spot I wanted the other I had in my deposit box and tried to move it so idk.

Demonic Hero

Jinglybell
Addium
Jinglybell

Yea I checked the keywords only have 1 in my inventory (pretty sure I had 2, it showed two when I started anyway) checking the mp says I only have one now and I dont see it in my storage, but I do have a ton of garbage hanging out in there. I think it got confused because I had one I tried moving directly in my inventory to the spot I wanted the other I had in my deposit box and tried to move it so idk.

Please file a ticket. I should have stated this in the beginning.
I absolutely do not recommend using the new inventory arranger.
But a lot of people with small inventories still seem to use it.
Since it's easier for them to sort out their inventories.

I added a warning in the first post about this.
I apologize that this happened to you.

Also, please check your gifting and trading history to see if there are any recent changes to it.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Addium
Slick Southpaw
Down to 145 items total in my inventory so most organization is uh, chaotic at best redface

So you fall under the chaotic organizing category I see...
And I honestly thought you'd have a lot more items than that.
But then again, you always have the same character theme.
Ever considered making more little outfits for Slick?
Or does Slick go commando all the time?

It's not just having the same character theme, it's also because Gaia rarely expands its artists to pursue a variety of item creations.

Instead we're stuck with "well this sells" and that means lots of cute, frilly, feminine, elegant, boob enhancing, tiny feet type items. Hence a small wish list and inventory.

Not to mention an alarming amount of items that don't work with the d-tone or body hair or male avatar base in general

Loyal Lover

Addium
Wolf Princess of the Moon
I think about arranging my invo but in a weird kind of way I know where everything is and if I move stuff I won't be able to find it as easy. It's a messy organization. I do however keep my collection of Loyal related items together so that's kinda organized, same with store items I try to keep it organized now. BUT I do organize my game tab. XD

I don't even organize my game tab!
I just can't use that new inventory arranger without my items messing up somewhere.
If I was able to organize my game and special tab through the old inventory arranger, I would!

Something satisfying having all my charms together in one spot, all my fish/bugs/flowers/trash together, then my alchemy components together and even those old event items never to be used again that I question why I still have them. XD I actually didn't have any problem putting those together. I had more trouble getting my clothing put together and organized. Have it all nice and pretty, switch to another page then back and certain items had an adventure in 2 seconds and moved elsewhere. XD
User Image

Demonic Hero

Shrimp_Man
Firefox. It's just, it loads, but it loads so slowly that sometimes I'll be waiting ten minutes for things to load that I resort to searching for things rather than actually trying to organize properly. Of course, now that I can actually trash my extra caches, it might be a little easier to organize.

I don't do much on Chrome other than collect my daily chance or change my avatar since I prefer to use Firefox. xD I mostly use Chrome for my mules.

Ah I see. Well, maybe that could be the reason why your inventory loads super slow.
If you checked out my video on the first page, you could see how fast mine loads up.
And that's all real time, too. No fast forward editing at all.

Well, if you do change your mind and end up using Chrome out of the blue, let me know how fast/slow that goes for you.
If they're both loading up slowly, then it could either be your internet connection or your computer in general.

eluzabeth
ahh i tried screenshottin' my invo n gave up on page 4 out of 11 on equippables cry
there's no real rhyme or reason to my way of organizing other than
paw >>> often-used/ fav / cash items >>> rarely-used / gs / event / cheap cash items
then the last 2.5 pages are a big mess of old event/repeat/sponsor items i'm currently working on transferring to my mule
oh and theyre all sorted with some sorta rainbow dealy

BIG IMG AHEAD:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i organize it fairly often, though what i really need to do is go in and organize the colours,
since ive been just stuffing all colours 2gether instead of grouping lights & darks apart and stuff
(y'get me? that kinda makes a lil sense i hope)
it's an ongoing project for whenever i have 2 much free time

i wish i were this organized irl lol

A lot of people organize by color. Some like it. Some don't.
It all depends on the person really.
I for one do not use color as my main organization because recolors of the same item get separated.
But it seems to work out for a lot of people who don't have a lot of items.

I mean, look at an inventory from far away, the item colors look pretty and such.
But when you get up close, it's difficult to find what you're looking for.
Unless you organize the items within the organization.
I really do like how you group specific types of items together within a color.
But I honestly could never do that. All my pets in all colors have to be together.
Otherwise all my pets will be separated and lost in the pile of junk I call my inventory.

Cosmic Glitter
I would have a fit if the old inventory arranger was disabled permanently. The new one, as OP said, is not large invo freindly. Its way easier for me to manage things in the old one.

Exactly! The old one is so much easier to use for people with large inventories!
You don't have to constantly go through pages and pages just to sort stuff!

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
Addium
Shrimp_Man

Ah I see. Well, maybe that could be the reason why your inventory loads super slow.
If you checked out my video on the first page, you could see how fast mine loads up.
And that's all real time, too. No fast forward editing at all.

Well, if you do change your mind and end up using Chrome out of the blue, let me know how fast/slow that goes for you.
If they're both loading up slowly, then it could either be your internet connection or your computer in general.

The computer is only a little over a year old but I would be willing to completely blame my internet connection. It's not the fastest connection as it is, and it definitely gets slower later in the month when it gets closer to the turn over.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces