Welcome to Gaia! ::

Muzeu's Wife

Magical Girl

14,725 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
Do you sort out your inventory? If so, how do you sort out your inventory? If not, why not?
I usually group my inventory alphabetically + sets

How did you feel about your inventory being disabled? Were you as panicked as I am or did you not care?
I didn't think too much of it, just logged off of Gaia for the day LOL

How many items do you own in general? 10? 100? 1000? 10,000? 100, 000? More?
About 1200, though 1000+ is in my storage. hAH

Which inventory arranger do you prefer? Old or new? Why and why not?
Eh, I prefer the old one only because I was used to it. There isn't much of a difference between the new and the old

Demonic Warlock

44,375 Points
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
I wish that Gaia would just do as TekTek does. Put the different "poses" in the different sections.

Not just EVERYTHING goes in the "Items" tab. I'd be so happy!

Big Girl

34,150 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
The topic may be dying down, but the thrilling saga continues:

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Gonna take a while to sell all of that. But holy moly does it feel good seeing all that beautiful color coordination in my storage.

Arashisora's Significant Otter

Demonic Hero

Alyx Aphelia
The new invo arrange does not work for me *hates*. I still use the old one. My stuff is highly organized. Tops - bottoms - shoes - hats - accesories - items. All sub catagorized by type... OCD style. 3nodding

OCD Style organizing FTW! -high fives- biggrin

Phantasmai
I've been a**l about keeping my inventory organized since waaay back when. I hit 100 items ages ago because I loved collecting shop items in my favorite colors (white, silver, blue, gold) and I saw that the old inventory arranger had ways to organize depending on how the item was equipped. Learning how to organize this way also helped me memorize what equip type an item was and therefore how it can equip with other things, and what items can't be on at the same time. That was the basis of my organizing. I've got over 1900 items now and had I not started organizing forever ago I'd likely hate myself now xD. I use both the new and old arranger for different reasons; the old arranger lets me see the item's equip type, and the new one allows me to more easily move batches of items with ctrl+click, because the old one wasn't too good at that without glitching out for me.
In order my items are as follows:
(Image heavy lel)

Body:User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Head
Cape
Wings
Coat
Garmet
Torso
Tail
Belt
Panty
Legs
Sock
Shin
Feet

Accessory:
Eye
Ear
Face
Neck
Scarf
Hand
Handheld
Elbow
Left
Right
Skin
Tattoo
Background
Item
Game Item

Then once the items are in place as far as equip type I organize based on color then length. White, Gold, Blue, Black, with lighter shades first to darker shades, and then shortest to longest. Other colors aside from those four usually hang out before or after Black. Here is an example of hair and dresses:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
- - - - - - - - - -

The "Item" category is huge and includes a lot of diverse things such as clothing, handhelds, animals, background effects, and body mods. My "item" category isn't in a particular order per se, but it is definitely categorized;

Handhelds (staves, wands, weapons, bouquets)
Adornments (brooches, gems, mood bubbles)
Companions (Cats, my Frog items, polar bears, plushies, NPC items like Changeling, etc)
Area Effects (Planet/Moon items, sparkles, weather items)
Clothing Mods (Saint Ciel items, Rosamund items, Biancamella & recolors, Sketchbooks)
Astras (animated items)

And all of those are also organized by color or type, except for the animals because ******** it!

Game items are also neatly organized!

Wow! Awesome organizing! I approve!
That's funny because I use both ctrl+click and shift+click in the old inventory arranger.
And it works perfect for me. Super easy and I never had any problems with it.
You can see from the arranging video that it's very simple to use.
It's never glitched out on me.
The new one on the other hand...glitchy as heck. xD

ThanatosRising
Mine's organized by groups (MCs, EIs, AIs, the rest of the cash shop/CI items, event items, sponsorship items, etc.) Then alphabetically, though I keep item sets together. The random cash shop items are also organized by type (head, torso, etc).

I moved all my gold shop items to mules (one mule per store), except for Denier*Cri and Loyal, to try and cut down on the amount of items, but it's spiralled out of control once more, and I'm currently back to over 9,000 on my main.

As for the new arranger... I really wanted to like it but I can't. The constant jumbling of items is a deal breaker, but even if they fixed that, I feel that trying to move large amount of items at once is finicky and I have to try multiple times to get it where I wanted. I'm super disappointed in the end and pretty much stick to the old one.

Too lazy to screensnap my entire inventory, but here's a random page for fun

User Image

Very nice organizing. smile
I see you put all your animated items in the top of that page.
And then begun organizing the wigs and head accessories.

I feel the exact same way with the new inventory arranger.
It's just too much of a hassle for me to even use it correctly.
Or at least try to use it correctly.
I love the old inventory arranger because I can see everything.
And things are so much easier to move around.

pinky pomp
yeah it's kind of organized like that too, but by the tabs on the dress up page xd and some items are put into their own subgroup... lol it got complicated but generally items are in alphabetical order ninja

Haha good luck with this type of organization!
I do have a feeling that it'll just get even more complicated.
Especially with the more items you'll get in the future. xD

Demonic Hero

Keshiboo
Do you sort out your inventory? If so, how do you sort out your inventory? If not, why not?
I usually group my inventory alphabetically + sets

How did you feel about your inventory being disabled? Were you as panicked as I am or did you not care?
I didn't think too much of it, just logged off of Gaia for the day LOL

How many items do you own in general? 10? 100? 1000? 10,000? 100, 000? More?
About 1200, though 1000+ is in my storage. hAH

Which inventory arranger do you prefer? Old or new? Why and why not?
Eh, I prefer the old one only because I was used to it. There isn't much of a difference between the new and the old

I also like organizing by sets as a sub-organization technique.
How is sorting them out alphabetically working for you?
Another person in this thread also sorts them out alphabetically as well.

Hurray! Another person who prefers the old inventory arranger~!
But for a different reason~

Although, I'd have to disagree with them not having much differences between the two.
There are many differences, mostly bad ones for the new inventory arranger.
And because of this, I prefer the old one since it's so much simpler to use.

KillerCaitie
I wish that Gaia would just do as TekTek does. Put the different "poses" in the different sections.

Not just EVERYTHING goes in the "Items" tab. I'd be so happy!

That would be really cool! So much easier to find things!
Although it's too late for that now. Gaia's tagging system is just...blegh.

Bellecoso
The topic may be dying down, but the thrilling saga continues:

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Gonna take a while to sell all of that. But holy moly does it feel good seeing all that beautiful color coordination in my storage.

Ooh the keep pile looks very pretty~! emotion_kirakira
So is your keep pile your storage? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Keep pile in main inventory and all trash in the storage?

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
For my invo, it looks like a mess, but it really is organized chaos.

The very top of my inventory is the money prizes in my art contest (the pokemon inspired items, the Ursas, and the Rose Weddings) then where it have my DJ's is the start of my main prizes in my art contest. It all looks like a mess, but they items are set up in the order the prizes are shown in my art contest, so I can keep track of everything, and so when I sent the prizes out at the end of the contest, it's easier for me to get them sent 3nodding

From the DJ headphones, all the way to last Lace Bundle are my prizes for my art contest (the ones before are for my contest too, but they are monthly prizes, so I don't count them in with the main prizes) From the box of chocolates to my Lulu kitty are all items I'm keeping (will get more Dragonslayers after my art contest, because I really love this avi) and they are set up in color order (makes it easier for me to find what I'm looking for)

Then we have my soul bound, flowers, and little odds and ends. They are mostly gifts that where given to me, so they are staying in my invo no matter what.

Then we get to the [Animal] Glittering Neighbor, that's the start of all my multiple items. They are all going to be either sold or given away. I really don't have much use for them, but just don't have the time to get them sold or given out yet. So from [Animal] Glittering Neighbor all the [Animal] Magical Elf Fur are my many items of the same…

With the start of The Sandman through Between the Devil and the Red Sea are my single sell/give away items. And they are in color order.

Then we have my Change items, which will all be given out at some point. And then lastly my March items… which I haven't figured out if they are going in my contest or not, so that's why they are at the very bottom so I don't mess with them >< so yeah… my invo looks like chaos… but it's organized for me xd

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Big Girl

34,150 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
Addium

Ooh the keep pile looks very pretty~! emotion_kirakira
So is your keep pile your storage? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Keep pile in main inventory and all trash in the storage?

Ideally, yes. But I need to get rid of all my trash pile through selling and donating, so I'll be going through it all before I put my keep pile where it belongs in the main inventory.

Hallowed Prophet

I have my invo organized by items I use a lot/like a lot first, and then color order beyond that. The tail end is pretty messy, though, because of rigs/holiday items so I'm making an effort clean that up. But all of that ends up getting sold anyway, so it's easier keeping it at the end instead of having to dig through my invo.

I have a total of 424 items - and I'm hoping to knock that down to about 300 soon once all of my junk sells. Small invo makes me happier - I can't imagine having anything above 1000. I would end up forgetting the items I have!

Muzeu's Wife

Magical Girl

14,725 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
Addium

Arranging alphabetically isn't too much of a chore, because if you have your initial inventory organized, it'd really easy to move in whatever new items you buy to their places XD
+Really? I guess my use of the inventory arranger is so small I didn't really notice much. If you don't mind me asking, what are they?

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
I don't really organize

shy gh0st's Wife

the reason why the items get shot to the end of the line is because people don't pay attention when they're dragging

if you physically see the item move in between two others then it'll go there
but if you drop it in just the right spot, like too far to the right, it'll go to the end
that's the only time i've ever had an issue with the new inventory arranger

first i organize it by hat, top, bottom, etc
then within that i organize the hat section by hair, ears, horns, bows, etc
it's easier for /me/ to find things that way vs. by color
when it comes to the items i just organize them by ei's, sets, pets, backgrounds, etc
everything near the bottom is just random stuff

Dangerous Stalker

As of right now I have 13,686 items in my invo not counting the items in my storage.

Before the new arranger came out I had everything organized two ways. From top to bottom and color coded.

As in, hats, headbands, hair clips, hair bows, wigs, ect would go first, then go down the body. So next would come tops/sleeves/jackets/dresses, then pants/skirts/bottoms, then shoes, and so on. I would also order them by color. Red, orange, gold, brown, green, blue, purple, pink, black, white, animated. (Commons would go above regular items, so commons appear first in my inventory.)

But after a while I just said ******** it because it was just too hard to organize all my items... So the rest are just thrown in there based on when I got/purchased them. I basically have 4 pages of complete organization and 17 pages of ********.

Intergalactic Genius

I see a lot of ppl organize by color but I go by item image types....

Anybody else put their shirts with shirts and feathers with feather and such?

Zack Mcdol's Widow

Dedicated Dabbler

17,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

I feel like the only person on this site who likes the new invo arranger. Then again, I have about 3 pages worth of stuff, so it's easy for me to drag and drop.

I go -- tops, bottoms, shoes, accessories, items, then hats. Within each category I put gold shop items and items without additional poses first, then more expensive items and items with multiple poses second. Helps me see all my options. Rinse and repeat for the Animal items. I really wish Animal items would get their own tab next to the human invo, because the Paws items resting at the bottom of the last page of my invo is making it look messy.

Demonic Hero

Nymphadora Tonks Airman
For my invo, it looks like a mess, but it really is organized chaos.

The very top of my inventory is the money prizes in my art contest (the pokemon inspired items, the Ursas, and the Rose Weddings) then where it have my DJ's is the start of my main prizes in my art contest. It all looks like a mess, but they items are set up in the order the prizes are shown in my art contest, so I can keep track of everything, and so when I sent the prizes out at the end of the contest, it's easier for me to get them sent 3nodding

From the DJ headphones, all the way to last Lace Bundle are my prizes for my art contest (the ones before are for my contest too, but they are monthly prizes, so I don't count them in with the main prizes) From the box of chocolates to my Lulu kitty are all items I'm keeping (will get more Dragonslayers after my art contest, because I really love this avi) and they are set up in color order (makes it easier for me to find what I'm looking for)

Then we have my soul bound, flowers, and little odds and ends. They are mostly gifts that where given to me, so they are staying in my invo no matter what.

Then we get to the [Animal] Glittering Neighbor, that's the start of all my multiple items. They are all going to be either sold or given away. I really don't have much use for them, but just don't have the time to get them sold or given out yet. So from [Animal] Glittering Neighbor all the [Animal] Magical Elf Fur are my many items of the same…

With the start of The Sandman through Between the Devil and the Red Sea are my single sell/give away items. And they are in color order.

Then we have my Change items, which will all be given out at some point. And then lastly my March items… which I haven't figured out if they are going in my contest or not, so that's why they are at the very bottom so I don't mess with them >< so yeah… my invo looks like chaos… but it's organized for me xd

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

I wouldn't call this organized chaos. It looks pretty neat and well put together actually.
Organized chaos is when items are just spread out everywhere.
Duplicates aren't grouped together and it just looks like one big tornado hit.

You actually group your duplicates together in groups.
And you also put your items in different sections.
I can also see that it's organized by color since I see items dividing it to look that way.
Is that your entire inventory or is that just one page of it? o:

Bellecoso
Ideally, yes. But I need to get rid of all my trash pile through selling and donating, so I'll be going through it all before I put my keep pile where it belongs in the main inventory.

Good point. I didn't think about that.
I would just take a couple out junk items from my storage to give away.
The items that I want to sell remain close to the bottom of my inventory.
Just above the items I recently bought.

Deathflight
I have my invo organized by items I use a lot/like a lot first, and then color order beyond that. The tail end is pretty messy, though, because of rigs/holiday items so I'm making an effort clean that up. But all of that ends up getting sold anyway, so it's easier keeping it at the end instead of having to dig through my invo.

I have a total of 424 items - and I'm hoping to knock that down to about 300 soon once all of my junk sells. Small invo makes me happier - I can't imagine having anything above 1000. I would end up forgetting the items I have!

I'm sure having a small inventory makes you happy since everything is so much easier to find.
There are ways to document what items you own and such so you wouldn't forget.
But I think that'll just create more work for you. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces