Aged Survivor

PQ and Retrostacja
Full Metal Keyblade
PQ and Retrostacja
Full Metal Keyblade
PQ and Retrostacja
Full Metal Keyblade
Hello, Robots!

I'll just realized something: I never subscribed to this thread. Time to fix that right now.

So anything new in the world of Gaia?

I subscribed to the thread myself, mostly because the updates don't always tell me when someone posts. But sometimes I get a notice for being quoted, for a thread I created having a post, AND a subscribed thread having a post. xD

One of our lovely mecha gaians found a mechanical creature in Monster Galaxy named Meka. I'll be adding him to the thread tomorrow. We have our fingers crossed for more to pop up from the game.

XD I just realized now that I was getting alerts only because I was being quoted. I kept wondering why I wasn't getting alerted to new posts in the thread, only to find new posts when I went here by myself.

Awesome! It's nice to see that mechs are starting to make more appearances in Gaia related content. Maybe this is a sign of things to come in 2011. I hope you don't mind if I join in with said finger crossing.

Gaia notices are extremely fickle. But you'll always feel at least slightly important when you log on and see notices!

The more mecha fingers, the better! I just wish my computer would let me PLAY Monster Galaxy. I've been stuck in a fight for 3 days now because it doesn't load all the way for some reason.

It's true. When ever I see six or more notices, I feel popular. XD

I'm interested in the game, but I doubt I'll be playing it after I found out that you have to have a FB account just to try it out. I really wanted to see Meka too.

Lots of people feel that way! It really is a great way to get someone's attention via quoting them. I forget what threads I post in or people I respond to all the time. It keeps a nice track for me.

I have a picture of Meka on the front page in 'Game and Item'!

I don't post in that many threads in the forums on here, but it still helps to be quoted.

I just saw it now. Meka looks cool. It would be neat if Gaia released an item that allowed Meka to stand by your avatar in various battle poses.

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
Yoshikazu
anybody knows of a Gaian artist who does good robot art
might want to commish one or two piece

Been looking for them for THREE years. How about you let ME know if you find any. xD

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Yoshikazu

I can draw robots but I may be out of your pricerange. sweatdrop

Also, hi guys! :3 I tried MG a bit before it got brought here and Meka was the starter I chose. It's the only monster I've seen that I like. XD

User Image

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
Full Metal Keyblade
PQ and Retrostacja
Full Metal Keyblade
PQ and Retrostacja
Full Metal Keyblade

XD I just realized now that I was getting alerts only because I was being quoted. I kept wondering why I wasn't getting alerted to new posts in the thread, only to find new posts when I went here by myself.

Awesome! It's nice to see that mechs are starting to make more appearances in Gaia related content. Maybe this is a sign of things to come in 2011. I hope you don't mind if I join in with said finger crossing.

Gaia notices are extremely fickle. But you'll always feel at least slightly important when you log on and see notices!

The more mecha fingers, the better! I just wish my computer would let me PLAY Monster Galaxy. I've been stuck in a fight for 3 days now because it doesn't load all the way for some reason.

I'm interested in the game, but I doubt I'll be playing it after I found out that you have to have a FB account just to try it out. I really wanted to see Meka too.

Lots of people feel that way! It really is a great way to get someone's attention via quoting them. I forget what threads I post in or people I respond to all the time. It keeps a nice track for me.

I don't post in that many threads in the forums on here, but it still helps to be quoted.

I just saw it now. Meka looks cool. It would be neat if Gaia released an item that allowed Meka to stand by your avatar in various battle poses.

I would love a Meka item. Although I wouldn't personally wear it, I love seeing a variety for others. ^_^

Aged Survivor

PQ and Retrostacja
Full Metal Keyblade
PQ and Retrostacja
Full Metal Keyblade
PQ and Retrostacja
Full Metal Keyblade

I would love a Meka item. Although I wouldn't personally wear it, I love seeing a variety for others. ^_^

It would probably be hard to make a good avatar with it, but the challenge would be worth it.

Trash Bear

*flails arms*

Anyone here selling VFM-01F Stryker-F at a reasonable price? D:

Armed Battery

PQ and Retrostacja
Yoshikazu

Been looking for them for THREE years. How about you let ME know if you find any. xD

So many artist here don't even wanna touch Mechas and thats perfectly understandable
guess i just gotta do my own, wanna get better at drawing mecha anyway

Devoted Cutesmasher

13,850 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Clambake 200
PQ and Retrostacja
Yoshikazu

At some point, if/when my meatspace arrangements settle down enought that I have the time, I will find some way to open an art shop that may well exclusively cater to mecha avatars since so many avatar artists on the site blacklist them from the get-go.

I would say I'd take commissions right now, but things are not at a point where I can deliver in a timely fashion except when inspiration randomly hits me like a lightning bolt. (For example, I drew this in about an hour, and this in just under an hour. Things like this are the exception these days, rather than the rule.)

If/when (probably still more of an "if" at this point, to be honest) I get commissions/that shop up and running, everyone here will be the first ones to know.
User Image

Cat

n An We got power tools on page 6 and then the first page that will work in mech/tech avatars!

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
Kitt Koneko
n An We got power tools on page 6 and then the first page that will work in mech/tech avatars!

Oooooh!

Which reminds me, back to the list. xD

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Yoshikazu
PQ and Retrostacja
Yoshikazu

So many artist here don't even wanna touch Mechas and thats perfectly understandable

Personally I think it's a stupid move to blacklist mecha or anything at all really. If you really want to be a better artist you will try anything. Even if you fail horribly, you will learn something from it.

User Image

Devoted Cutesmasher

13,850 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Clambake 200
Anaella
Yoshikazu
PQ and Retrostacja
Yoshikazu

Personally I think it's a stupid move to blacklist mecha or anything at all really. If you really want to be a better artist you will try anything. Even if you fail horribly, you will learn something from it.

User Image

Speaking as an artist who still experiences this to a lesser degree than I did when I was younger, part of it is that some artists don't like to put their weaknesses on display if they can help it. And from a business standpoint, I'd hate to take a commission for something I'm not good with drawing; it isn't fair to the client. Hell, I currently have this problem with a meatspace commission.

That said, I agree that one must stretch one's comfort boundaries to improve. I, uh, really need to work on things like animals, scenery, and landscapes.
redface User Image

Devoted Cutesmasher

13,850 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Clambake 200
So there's a Moga companion we can purchase from the Cash Shop, but it's Huey. Am I the only one a little disappointed that we didn't get Meka? (Though I understand the marketing decision that leads to using the cute critter.)

Am I the only one who might be willing to pay the same price for a Meka companion that they're asking for the Huey?
User Image

Friendly Sentai

Shishioh Tai
So there's a Moga companion we can purchase from the Cash Shop, but it's Huey. Am I the only one a little disappointed that we didn't get Meka? (Though I understand the marketing decision that leads to using the cute critter.)

Am I the only one who might be willing to pay the same price for a Meka companion that they're asking for the Huey?
User Image

I'm reluctant to most anything Monster Galaxy, still.
... But i'd rather have a Meka than a Huey ....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff