Welcome to Gaia! ::

Phantom

Secksy Panda
Dorodere
I found it funny, better than some s**t pastel item with an overdone theme.

A lot of people in this thread are so uppity and sensitive, I can feel their collective a**l clench from here.
Your siggy art is AH-MAZING. The colors are wonderful as well.
Aww, thank you! redface I wanted to try something new!

Heart Tamer

Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Thinking about it more, I'm impressed at how much of a catch-22 this item is.

If you hate it, the troll wins.

If you like it, you have awful taste.

Nobody goes home happy. It's brilliantly evil, in a Crowley sort of way.

You're forgetting indifference. If you think it's creatively bankrupt, unfunny and unappealing, yet don't quite care that it exists or that other people may like it for their own reasons, you're in neither category. One of the worst things to come out of this is the misuse of slang terms like 'butthurt' or accusing others of jealousy for simply having the opinion that the item is aesthetically unpleasing.

Saint Sweetheart

Gash Thrashum
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

You're forgetting indifference. If you think it's creatively bankrupt, unfunny and unappealing, yet don't quite care that it exists or that other people may like it for their own reasons, you're in neither category. One of the worst things to come out of this is the misuse of slang terms like 'butthurt' or accusing others of jealousy for simply having the opinion that the item is aesthetically unpleasing.

True that. People keep talking about how OMG SO ANGRY PEOPLE ARE but I've seen very little actual rage. Like, idk man its really not that big a deal no matter what side of the opinion fence you fall on

Sparkling Senshi

Gash Thrashum
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

+1
keep reading all these super defensive posts on how "omg look at all the butthurt losers xD" except I'm really not seeing any OTT rage.

Assimilated Survivor

Haha I love it. As others have said I'm really pretty certain he created it for the reaction he knew it'd get. But whatever, right? His giveaway thread says he's the most humble man of Gaia, so he'll take it all in stride. rofl

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I'd never buy it.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.
I'm tempted to buy it only because it seems to be going for so much in the Marketplace, so I can make some easy Gold.

Wheezing Plague

Kurienze

I find this attitude rather ridiculous, whether it's on Gaia or about a person's other hobbies. People are free to spend money on what makes them happy, even if it's not 100% functional/practical.

Sure, I'll admit that I buy gcash and if/when this site dies, they will all become useless - but that's fine, I enjoyed what I got out of it and I can personally be satisfied that I didn't spend outside my means.

Would it be better if I bought action figures and toys instead? At least, those are physical objects you can hang on to but there's still going to be some naysayer moaning about "why would anyone spend x amount on that, it doesn't serve any purpose"... sweatdrop

I agree. In the end those action figures have about as much functional use as the gaia pixels.. Or like an average night out with the girls. The cost of alcohol in clubs and bars is expensive as hell, and doesn't really do any good in the grand scheme of things.. Yet I might find that I've put 80 bucks on a night out that I can hardly remember and with a hangover I'll regret.

Diligent Bibliophile

15,150 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

I carry the world's burdens during the day...

✪ LONG POST!
I think Project Couture will be back, but I bet they will make it more strict on the rules or something, lower the amount being won (like the NPC apprentice one) probably make it cost more too. Why I think that? Well, since artists time have to be spent to make it, and Gaia wants to sell them as well, they might add in extra rules, I don't think they will be so linnet next time. Kind of like buying art with real money, if you want more details, it costs extra. In this case, if Gaia wants to make the money back for their efforts, they might want to be sure it appeals to "everyone". IDK, maybe it is just me....

To be straight with everyone, I found none of the user items useful to me. Pretty/cute/well pixelated etc., but not useful. I'll start with the obvious item of why this topic was created in the first place (if this topic is about all of the user created items as this question indicate, then the topic title needs to be altered).

El Guapo: Doesn't fit my current avi/OC or any other avi's if I ever change again (current is like my permanent avi/OC if you can't tell). The halo pose is kind of cute, but that is all I find nice about it. I'll be honest that I do not see the humor in it either(as some people say it is meant to be humorous?), and this coming from a user that has a family that have different senses of humor; from the 'comedy stand up guy' (one of my siblings) to my own, with the 'sarcastic -like humor', but I do not see the humor in this at all, maybe my other family members will get it, cause I don't. sweatdrop I personally wouldn't buy it with gold or GC. If it was given to me, I would sell it or just give it to someone else. I think that is all. Not sure why others are commenting about the user/person behind the item, as this is supposed to be about the item in question, not the person. sweatdrop

Legend of Castle Town: I get the reference behind it, and I do love LoZ games and Link himself, but this is another item that is useless to me. Maybe I will find a use for it in the future, but I doubt it mostly since the hairstyles are too specific for the fandom, and it is once again useless for my current avi/OC. The eyes I did not like, I do not like large doe-like eyes, just don't. I did like the one hairstyle that turned white when agape was used, but that is about it. Wouldn't have brought it with cash or gold though, not if I do not know what to use it for and if it'll just rot in my inventory.

Wayward Son: Understand what fandom it is for, but it was another item not useful to me. The backwings are nice, but like I stated before in another thread I think, I don't like that particular set of wings. I like the wings better that were used for/in Alchemy, especially fallen wings, the full black ones...although the ones in Loyal's shop are nice too, so, now I can't complain (if ONLY the green one was slightly different in color, to match my avi better, I would get it just for that). The other pose I liked was the trench coat...but it made my hands stay light...which makes me miffed. Not at the user, since I know/understand they requested it to be that way, but because this occurs enough on Gaia as it is, where an item(s) look horrible on the darker skin, and I refuse to change my skin tone just to use an item. I don't understand why it couldn't interchange to the avi's particular color, like the one in M's sketchbook REI thing, that changed, and I love that item for that (even though I will not get it personally). Would have bought it for cash though if had any...but just to sell, not for keeps. It's useless to me.

Yeah, all of the users items created thus far, are not of any use to me in anyway, not even for creating OCs purposes, although that trench coat in WS would have been nice, but the skin tone change...yeah, won't work. Too bad. And the next item, some lace item with bust enhancement? Will also be useless to me, as I am not interested in using an item with automatic bust enhancement, but I'm sure it will sell out due to that alone. Although, even if I did want it, it'll probably look terrible on my skin tone anyway, like other items. Another item I cannot use due to color of skin. Although, I digress, since my current avi and another outfit (if I interchange), will be my permanent look(s), I guess no items will interest me anyway or be useful to me unless it is of the same color scheme. xp

Changing the price on LoCT was dumb in my opinion. I understand hair and eyes are 'famous' on Gaia, but it is not the only items famous. Should have kept it at $5 like WS, would have sold out quicker too if they did. All well, their lost.

The only thing I do not like about the user created items in total are the creators reactions to negative or constructive posts to it. I know as I was lurking, someone stated that they did not like the LoCT item, and the user behind the created item got upset and pretty much was posting offensive gifs (one of them was an angry dog, I remember that clearly since I do not like dogs >_< ). It makes me think the users behind the item are not very nice people and/or do not react to something that is not always 'happy' well, and makes me not want to comment about the item either, in a 'negative' way if their friends etc. will basically flame you for not liking it. I am already ignoring them etc. and don't care if others like it/buy it/share it etc., but I think I should be able to say I do not like the item too, as long as I do not flame the user(s) in question and just dislike the item, not the person. While the items were obviously created for them to like, it seems to say otherwise if the person behind the created item gets offensive/start flaming etc. that someone or a few someone's, however you look at it, say that they do not like the item. I've seen this with all 3 of the items thus far, I just used that one because I remember it more clearly. Even this one is somehow causing negatives reactions (not too sure why, but, ok). It makes this place seem very unhappy and unfriendly. emo

The only thing I am concerned about for the El Guapo item is if it somehow breaks ToS. Let me explain, the item is based off of a user right...what happens if someone uses the item inappropriately? Like purposely making a violet avi towards the item, would that be troublesome? Can it be reported? Will it be taken seriously? I'm just thinking about this when other inappropriate avis can be reported (such as too sexually explicit, too violent etc.), would that be part of the pile/problem too to report as well? Seems like some users really do not like the user in question, so I will not be surprised if someone decided to get the item just to do that, it happens with other items, it won't be different here. And yes, for those for you that did not know, you can report avi's that are glitched and/or inappropriate.

User Image

...and I dance them away at night.

halo mom

26,225 Points
  • Stormy the Halo Mom 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Budding Witch 250
I thought the idea of el guapo was dumb to start with but then it was made worse with a circle jerk. let's toot our own horn and jerk about how awesome our avi is *eye roll* I mean, if you're gonna be given a chance to make a new item for gaia at least have some sort of creativity when you do. not redo like four items because you think you are awesome or some s**t. you're not. you're like the rest of the gaia world. lame. plus..it's a dumb avi. I mean..yellow? what even? It looks like a leperous hot mess honestly. Idgi. I don't WANT to get it. I don't even like staring at it. it's lame. end of story.
edited to say:
wayward son isn't an item I like (sorry supernatural fans..not a fan of castiel but hey t hat's okay) but at least it fit with the gaia theme of cosplay and whatnots. i mean..it made sense.
castle town? no idea what they were going for there but hey..at least it has something useable for gaians.

Sparkly Noob

12,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Little Stormy Kitten
I thought the idea of el guapo was dumb to start with but then it was made worse with a circle jerk. let's toot our own horn and jerk about how awesome our avi is *eye roll* I mean, if you're gonna be given a chance to make a new item for gaia at least have some sort of creativity when you do. not redo like four items because you think you are awesome or some s**t. you're not. you're like the rest of the gaia world. lame. plus..it's a dumb avi. I mean..yellow? what even?

I mean unless one calls creativity constant use of pandas, monochrome looking Asian anime avis.
emotion_awesome A+ Creativity hey? but I mean....

halo mom

26,225 Points
  • Stormy the Halo Mom 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Budding Witch 250
AzuriIl
Little Stormy Kitten
I thought the idea of el guapo was dumb to start with but then it was made worse with a circle jerk. let's toot our own horn and jerk about how awesome our avi is *eye roll* I mean, if you're gonna be given a chance to make a new item for gaia at least have some sort of creativity when you do. not redo like four items because you think you are awesome or some s**t. you're not. you're like the rest of the gaia world. lame. plus..it's a dumb avi. I mean..yellow? what even?

I mean unless one calls creativity constant use of pandas, monochrome looking Asian anime avis.
emotion_awesome A+ Creativity hey? but I mean....

if we want to get technical about my avi: it represents my little side. cute face, kitten aspects, a panda because I love panda plushies. At least it has a purpose. and I don't want an item made of it. so.

Magic Hobo

Gash Thrashum
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

Indifference is the only way one 'wins', as it were, yes. That's about where I'm standing.

Well, like most big dramatic ~fights~ here in the GCD, this incident sure is giving me additional information on how much I'd care if certain people here were hit by a bus, so that's... a net positive? Ehh...

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
AzuriIl
King Blackwater
So much butthurt!

It's actually really sad.

I think its funny as I believe this was the intended purpose. xp

Perfect Cultist

I don't want it, but that pose with his face in the sky wearing a mundane expression kills me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff