Good Morning 0.18666666666667 18.7% [ 14 ]
Good Night 0.18666666666667 18.7% [ 14 ]
Meow. 0.38666666666667 38.7% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 75 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Sparkling Transmutator

Aprinn
Winter Hue

The original posts could easily be squeezed down to one post per section.
One post for the art.
One post for the item list.
One post for the tallying of what came from what.
OP for "Heres where you go!"

Could function like a collaboration art shop. Each list helper grabs a section, reserves and works on it.

And they really are redundant, they all end up with the same conversations in them. Even this month there were two? Maybe three? MC threads. Same discussions in each.

If there were more indepth conversations in the threads, I wouldnt mind, but they all seem to be repetitions of "I dont like this item because REASON HERE." or "OMG I LOVE THE EYES IN THIS ITAM" or even "lol good art!"

Well gosh, then it is just so strange that they are allowed. I mean repeat threads are allowed that discuss the same topic... oh and RIG lists have been giving the "ok" by an admin. Hmm wait, I guess those are the reasons they are allowed. razz Same for MC threads. *hurray sarcasm

Also, posts do have code limits and I do like to keep my items lists nice and neat. Shoving everything I wish to convey into one post would be problematic. *cough* Not the point. I have already told you that a collaboration would be very difficult.

The threads may have similar discussions in them, but they are not duplicate responses. The RIG threads are just as much for the users and the artists. They allow the users to respond to what they want to pertaining to the topic. (items, art, statistics, etc etc, each in their own thread) The artists are given the opportunity to get indirect feedback from the users over the theme and items featured in said RIG. Such threads arrive once a month and stick around for a bit before being lost in the sands of time. The threads are GCD material and really the only reason why you seem to be against them is because they would be taking up 3-4 spaces where other GCD topics could be on the first page. But then again during the RIG hype, such threads wouldn't be given much attention anyways.

If one doesn't like certain threads that follow the rules of the site, then one must merely put on their big boy pants and ignore them. It is not too difficult.

Tricky Cat

Winter Hue
Aprinn
Winter Hue

The original posts could easily be squeezed down to one post per section.
One post for the art.
One post for the item list.
One post for the tallying of what came from what.
OP for "Heres where you go!"

Could function like a collaboration art shop. Each list helper grabs a section, reserves and works on it.

And they really are redundant, they all end up with the same conversations in them. Even this month there were two? Maybe three? MC threads. Same discussions in each.

If there were more indepth conversations in the threads, I wouldnt mind, but they all seem to be repetitions of "I dont like this item because REASON HERE." or "OMG I LOVE THE EYES IN THIS ITAM" or even "lol good art!"

Well gosh, then it is just so strange that they are allowed. I mean repeat threads are allowed that discuss the same topic... oh and RIG lists have been giving the "ok" by an admin. Hmm wait, I guess those are the reasons they are allowed. razz Same for MC threads. *hurray sarcasm

Also, posts do have code limits and I do like to keep my items lists nice and neat. Shoving everything I wish to convey into one post would be problematic. *cough* Not the point. I have already told you that a collaboration would be very difficult.

The threads may have similar discussions in them, but they are not duplicate responses. The RIG threads are just as much for the users and the artists. They allow the users to respond to what they want to pertaining to the topic. (items, art, statistics, etc etc, each in their own thread) The artists are given the opportunity to get indirect feedback from the users over the theme and items featured in said RIG. Such threads arrive once a month and stick around for a bit before being lost in the sands of time. The threads are GCD material and really the only reason why you seem to be against them is because they would be taking up 3-4 spaces where other GCD topics could be on the first page. But then again during the RIG hype, such threads wouldn't be given much attention anyways.

If one doesn't like certain threads that follow the rules of the site, then one must merely put on their big boy pants and ignore them. It is not too difficult.

No need to get sassy. I'm just saying I wouldn't allow them because they're essentially all similar/the same, and seem like spam to me.
The threads feel like GID material to me, as there's seldom discussion, and the OP was asking what I'd do if I was a mod. I listed my pet peeve with the GCD.

It's entirely possible to do a collaboration with several users, it just takes a little effort and communication. Maybe I'm just too used to that sort of thing by now.

Also, it's entirely possible that item lists just became allowed because it'd be too much of a commotion to change it now.

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I'd hate to mod a forum I regularly use, I wouldn't be able to trust myself to be objective.

Honestly, I think there should be a rule that you can't mod a forum you're a 'reg' in.

Tricky Cat

Dickie Twinkles
I'd hate to mod a forum I regularly use, I wouldn't be able to trust myself to be objective.

Honestly, I think there should be a rule that you can't mod a forum you're a 'reg' in.

Add on, you cant moderate topics your friends have posted in unless its an external link/scam.

Yknow what I mean?

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Aprinn
Dickie Twinkles

Add on, you cant moderate topics your friends have posted in unless its an external link/scam.

Yknow what I mean?

Yeah.

I'd hate to moderate my friends, I'd hate to be harsh to them but I'd also hate to let them get away with things. If I couldn't be objective and my friends ended up looking like 'favourites' then people would resent them and me.

Tricky Cat

Dickie Twinkles
Aprinn
Dickie Twinkles

Yknow what I mean?

Yeah.

I'd hate to moderate my friends, I'd hate to be harsh to them but I'd also hate to let them get away with things. If I couldn't be objective and my friends ended up looking like 'favourites' then people would resent them and me.

True that.
Too many times I've been in a position like that, and its incredibly hard to balance out being stern and enforcing rules for the good of the community while still maintaining relationships.

End of the story? I'm friends with one of them now. =(

(Caught someone tracing art, privately asked them to cite the main artist as she was plagiarizing. She agreed. Art continued to be posted, found her sources on zero-chan. Called her out again, saying if it continues, I'll lock the thread. Everyone hissy fitted because I gave her the warning.

That's how easily friendships can end
.)

Lavish Lunatic

I think I'd be pretty strict.

But honestly, I'll never be a mod because I'm too lazy to do it.
Really, it's a lot of work!

Oh and if I were a moderate the GCD, the weekly chat threads initiated by staff would go straight to the CB. That does NOT belong in the GCD no matter how much they alter the rules.

Rainbow Noob

If I were a mod, I'd be pretty okay at it, I think. I'm actually eligible to apply, and I would, if I had the time. But y'know, that's the thing. I don't. I don't have the time to look at trolls posting pictures of dead things all over the entertainment forums, for absolutely no monetary compensation at all. Eugh. gonk
I wish mods could get paid. They deal with some real s**t here.

If I could stay an FA forever, though, I'd totally go for that. c:

Golden Saint

9,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Winter Hue
Aprinn
I'd delete redundant threads in the GCD (read as: RIG ITEM LIST, RIG ART LIST, RIG HOW TO GET LIST, and the RIG, Y/N? Threads) and PM them to collaborate with other users to make a megathread.

Such a collaboration would be near impossible right after the release. Plus if such threads were deleted, I doubt each one of the thread makers would want to start back from scratch and collaborate with the others at the same time. You ask too much, you ask too much~

Also they aren't redundant considering they are taking and featuring different aspects of the RIG. It is like saying it is redundant for science to have different fields because science should all be discussed at once and be written about in only one book and be taught by only one professor in only one college. Subcategories are important. Or by your collaboration example, taught by 4-5 professors all teaching at once while using the same chalk board.

Plus if said subcategories (aka the RIG threads) are each enjoyed and fit within the bounds of the rules, I don't see an issue. ;3

If I were a mod I would overturn your modding. XD
This of course is coming from a list maker who doesn't understand all the fuss.

I'd have a minor freakout if I didn't have the item lists every month.

Dainty Doll

You could not pay me enough to be a Gaia moderator. emotion_donotwant

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what our mods do, but it's just the kind of headache I do not want. I was a moderator before on another rather active site (although nowhere near as huge as Gaia) and it was a massive pain in the arse. I couldn't just log on to hang out and chat anymore without having to step in on arguments and bullying like a teacher in a playground.
And on a site like Gaia, as huge as it is, with this many users and so many trolls that repeatedly get banned and come back again? Nope. No. Never.
I've applied for modship before, but was rejected since I don't report people enough.
I don't think that should be a qualification but oh well.

I'd keep doing what I do now - some lurking, some posting - but with the power of a mod.
Fairly laid back I guess, but quick to deal with wrongs when I find them.
I really enjoyed being a mod and I am considering being one again. You don't have to be strict or lenient, you just have to look at what occurred and decide did they break ToS, misplace a thread, ect. It is simple as that. Global mods have a much tougher job.

Several people have stated they wouldn't mod the forums they are regs in. I found modding the forums I was a reg in much easier. You know whats allowed, you know what is accepted and what is not. Some forums can be confusing and if it is one you a comfortable it is much easier.

Fashionable Vampire

If you had the chance, and the time, would you apply to be a mod?
Maybe. But I got some marks on my record, so I doubt my application would go through.

Would you be a really tough mod, or would you be laid back?
Tough as nails. You break the rules, I'll kick your butt.

Would you socialize in the forums you also moderate?
Depends on where I'm assigned.

Would you try to have a normal Gaia life even though you have duties to perform?
Unsure. I had a classmate in Government class who tried to do both. She said it's close to impossible to do so.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Mermaid Eater
YOU GET A PERMA BAN, YOU GET A PERMA BAN, YOU GET A PERMA BAN

ERRBODY GET A PERMA BAN

Mods don't have the ability to Perma-ban, that is left to the administration team.

Cluttered Champion

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Slider546
Mermaid Eater
YOU GET A PERMA BAN, YOU GET A PERMA BAN, YOU GET A PERMA BAN

ERRBODY GET A PERMA BAN

Mods don't have the ability to Perma-ban, that is left to the administration team.

ERRBODY GETS A WARNING

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces