Hello.

Good Evening 0.24 24.0% [ 18 ]
Good Morning 0.18666666666667 18.7% [ 14 ]
Good Night 0.18666666666667 18.7% [ 14 ]
Meow. 0.38666666666667 38.7% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 75 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Magnetic Lunatic

I don't want to be a mod. Though I'm fairly certain it looks like I do cause I report everything ever.

It's too much work to not be paid for it. And I'm not that tolerant of stupid posts with terrible grammar.

Invisible Gaian

20,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Slider546
Mermaid Eater
YOU GET A PERMA BAN, YOU GET A PERMA BAN, YOU GET A PERMA BAN

ERRBODY GET A PERMA BAN

Mods don't have the ability to Perma-ban, that is left to the administration team.

lol where the hell did you hear that question

if i were a mod
I WOULD BE THE ONLY MOD
gehehe rofl

Fashionable Noob

11,625 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
I'd probably be a pretty chill mod, and would likely socialize in whatever forum I was in charge of.

Impassioned Lionheart

I'd probably be a good mod......sorry for the boring answer. sweatdrop

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
OddBird

if i were a mod
I WOULD BE THE ONLY MOD
gehehe rofl

FAQ Said that Mods had no ban rights without clearing it with administration first.

Invisible Gaian

20,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Slider546
OddBird

if i were a mod
I WOULD BE THE ONLY MOD
gehehe rofl

FAQ Said that Mods had no ban rights without clearing it with administration first.

what FAQ?
having to have your ban rights approved by admin is pretty different from "only admins can permaban"

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Unholy Lightbringer

40,590 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Erm... I'm not sure I could be a mod, to be honest and... That is coming from the perspective of "If I were a Mod..." cat_rolleyes

I mean, honestly, I could never ban another Gaian and maybe, just maybe, I'd be able to warn them if they did something I could actually deem wrong cat_sweatdrop

Ja, sure, I could easily move misplaced threads without a second thought (at least, I think I could in the GCD, SF, Q&A, but maybe not in the GD or CB, since I wouldn't know where to banish them to next cat_eek ) and, honestly, this is probably all I could do unless it was obviously SPAM/Scam/etc, because I could just delete those threads cat_3nodding

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
OddBird

what FAQ?
having to have your ban rights approved by admin is pretty different from "only admins can permaban"

Moderator Application FAQ, says that a Moderator has the right to ban a user temporarily for Terms of Use violations, but permanently banning an account is left to the discretion of the Admins.

That's the way I interpreted it I guess, however, since you are a Mod, you probably have more experience in this subject than I do.

I worded my first response poorly.

Sparkling Transmutator

Aprinn
Winter Hue
Aprinn
Winter Hue

The original posts could easily be squeezed down to one post per section.
One post for the art.
One post for the item list.
One post for the tallying of what came from what.
OP for "Heres where you go!"

Could function like a collaboration art shop. Each list helper grabs a section, reserves and works on it.

And they really are redundant, they all end up with the same conversations in them. Even this month there were two? Maybe three? MC threads. Same discussions in each.

If there were more indepth conversations in the threads, I wouldnt mind, but they all seem to be repetitions of "I dont like this item because REASON HERE." or "OMG I LOVE THE EYES IN THIS ITAM" or even "lol good art!"

Well gosh, then it is just so strange that they are allowed. I mean repeat threads are allowed that discuss the same topic... oh and RIG lists have been giving the "ok" by an admin. Hmm wait, I guess those are the reasons they are allowed. razz Same for MC threads. *hurray sarcasm

Also, posts do have code limits and I do like to keep my items lists nice and neat. Shoving everything I wish to convey into one post would be problematic. *cough* Not the point. I have already told you that a collaboration would be very difficult.

The threads may have similar discussions in them, but they are not duplicate responses. The RIG threads are just as much for the users and the artists. They allow the users to respond to what they want to pertaining to the topic. (items, art, statistics, etc etc, each in their own thread) The artists are given the opportunity to get indirect feedback from the users over the theme and items featured in said RIG. Such threads arrive once a month and stick around for a bit before being lost in the sands of time. The threads are GCD material and really the only reason why you seem to be against them is because they would be taking up 3-4 spaces where other GCD topics could be on the first page. But then again during the RIG hype, such threads wouldn't be given much attention anyways.

If one doesn't like certain threads that follow the rules of the site, then one must merely put on their big boy pants and ignore them. It is not too difficult.

No need to get sassy. I'm just saying I wouldn't allow them because they're essentially all similar/the same, and seem like spam to me.
The threads feel like GID material to me, as there's seldom discussion, and the OP was asking what I'd do if I was a mod. I listed my pet peeve with the GCD.

It's entirely possible to do a collaboration with several users, it just takes a little effort and communication. Maybe I'm just too used to that sort of thing by now.

Also, it's entirely possible that item lists just became allowed because it'd be too much of a commotion to change it now.

Oh but I live being sassy. I rarely have the opportunity, so I make sure to get the most out of the situation. Don't take it too personally. Just have some fun with it. Sass me back~ :3

When I think of the job of a moderator, I picture an impartial position. Personally there are a few types of threads that pop up in the GCD that I won't participate, but there are users that value such threads and they for within the laws of the land. For instance, I don't participate in NPC Fanthreads. I find them a bit silly, but I know their purpose and understand why users value them. I could never decide to ban a certain type of rule-following thread just because I dislike them or don't understand them. Honestly it would just seem a bit selfish and go against my personal definition of a moderator.

If I was one I would simply be fair, impartial, and precise.
Sadly if I ever became a moderator, I would be afraid that all the fun from using this sight would be sucked into a black hole.

Sweet Glitch

If I did have the time?
I would make the life impossible to those breaking the T.O.S in other languages.

xd

But as everyone knows, mods have assignments, so probably, I will just make the 115% percent of the day and then go cut flowers.

emotion_awesome

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

Depends.. do they get paid? If not: Ain't nobody got time fo dat.
I sure don't.

But if I could be a mod.. I'd probably be a social one. It would be
very boring if I couldn't be social. And social by my standards is
just replying to topics. XD Enjoying the site.. etc.

I was a mod on a different site once. It was a laid back sort of
thing and I would always be on the forums chatting. It was very
fun, actually, but nothing really special about it aside from being
able to enforce rules and have a blue star next to my lame
username there. xd

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Mysterious Trickster

Aprinn
500px 500px signatures would be enforced.
I'd even remove my own, to make the point further.

I would be your best friend, then. 90% of my reports are based on signatures. I've reported a Staff signature twice because it broke the limits.

If I were a mod, I would be strict. Mods are the police. Police uphold the laws. Mods uphold the rules. No one is above them. Users would hate me, but I wouldn't care. I'm there to do a job. Don't like it, don't break the rules.

Invisible Gaian

20,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Slider546
OddBird

what FAQ?

Moderator Application FAQ, says that a Moderator has the right to ban a user temporarily for Terms of Use violations, but permanently banning an account is left to the discretion of the Admins.

That's the way I interpreted it I guess, however, since you are a Mod, you probably have more experience in this subject than I do.

I worded my first response poorly.

i dont see it
but i do see this one

Quote:
Q: Can mods ban people? Can I ban someone I don't like?

A: Different mods have different abilities, and you absolutely cannot get a person banned or in trouble just because you don't like them. Moderators are trusted with their powers, and they can be revoked (or worse) if they're abused.

which more or less says mods are trusted with their abilities so if a mod is unjustly banning they arent gonna be a mod much longer (and frankly mods get held to a higher expected standard and i presume the punishment would be worse than a mere demodding)

who knows though, im not a mod anymore, so to be fair things could have changed in the past few weeks since i stepped down

Kain-Senpai
Aprinn
500px 500px signatures would be enforced.
I'd even remove my own, to make the point further.

I would be your best friend, then. 90% of my reports are based on signatures. I've reported a Staff signature twice because it broke the limits.

If I were a mod, I would be strict. Mods are the police. Police uphold the laws. Mods uphold the rules. No one is above them. Users would hate me, but I wouldn't care. I'm would be there to do a job. Don't like it, don't break the rules.

yeah man they enforce the signature limits
but because you can immediately re-enable a signature its not always readily apparent to a reporter
heck ive even slipped up once when i was taking a break and another mod disabled my signature, good mods are impartial 3nodding

O.G. Vampire

If I were modded again I wouldn't mod my home forum. It's not a good idea. People are very sensitive. : )))))))

ANYHOO... modding isn't that hard. Just know the rules and enforce them as you were trained to do, respond to reports, and be nice to people when they PM you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff