Welcome to Gaia! ::

I don't think it's possible to be "too old" for Gaia--unless of course you're hitting on 14 year olds and lying about your age just so that you can get away with it. xp But that's a completely different issue.

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
Earthangel9
Well, don't get me wrong.. I do think there are some big security issues here on Gaia for some of these teens.

In particular, what worries me are the , "Girls tied to beds! Come save us!" types threads. And when the personals were still up, I was horrified. I reported a number of them to the mods because kids were offering naked pictures of themselves for gold! I don't think enough young people have been properly educated on what is and is not safe on the internet...

Yeah. I think the Admins do a darned good job of keeping this a kid-safe environment. There's no need to do an age limit.
if you are over 30 or whatever and you are just here to "have fun" in the right sort of way then thats fine...but if you do go on here pretending to be 15 when your 40, well we all know that is wrong. i don't think gaia should have an age limit, but if you go on here you have to know what to expect. the internet is swarming with peodophiles, and as we have been told many times before we just have to be careful. Nobody is ever safe when it comes to the internet or even gaia for that matter but taking somebodies games and fun away because they are over 30 isn't right. I'm 15 now and i think that people younger than me spoil my fun all the time...so i don't think it is fair to try and take away somebody older than me's fun, by saying that they are too old to play computer games.(ie:gaia) 3nodding
Earthangel9
Well, don't get me wrong.. I do think there are some big security issues here on Gaia for some of these teens.

In particular, what worries me are the , "Girls tied to beds! Come save us!" types threads. And when the personals were still up, I was horrified. I reported a number of them to the mods because kids were offering naked pictures of themselves for gold! I don't think enough young people have been properly educated on what is and is not safe on the internet...

surprised Pictures for gold? Now that is too far.
xXfire-wishXx
if you are over 30 or whatever and you are just here to "have fun" in the right sort of way then thats fine...but if you do go on here pretending to be 15 when your 40, well we all know that is wrong. i don't think gaia should have an age limit, but if you go on here you have to know what to expect. the internet is swarming with peodophiles, and as we have been told many times before we just have to be careful. Nobody is ever safe when it comes to the internet or even gaia for that matter but taking somebodies games and fun away because they are over 30 isn't right. I'm 15 now and i think that people younger than me spoil my fun all the time...so i don't think it is fair to try and take away somebody older than me's fun, by saying that they are too old to play computer games.(ie:gaia) 3nodding

3nodding
I don't think any age is too old for gaia. We need some older people on here to balance out the idiot teenagers who are swarming us.
Earthangel9

How was that even allowed? Wouldn't it go against the ToS?

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
Annira
kiironobara
Megs01
What PerfectRain and I are trying to say is that its ok for old people to play games just not go on chat rooms like Gaia. Now you may be in your 20's and thats fine but you have to realise that when you reach 30 or older you have to stop or you should stop. Its just not right and when you think about the number of Pediphiles out there would you really like your children in the same chat room as them? Seriously. You just have to accept that one day, it could be soon it could be a long way away you will just be to old !

And what everyone else is trying to say is that you don't turn into a ***** after you reach a certain age.

No, you don't have to stop once you reach 30, nor should you feel obligated to. The internet isn't just for teenagers, and it's pompous of you to think that it is.

Thank you!

You know, it wasn't that long ago that the internet was entirely for adults...I'm 22, and wh3n *I* was 13, it was necessary to pretend to be older in order to be taken seriously on the internet. Now the net is full of young teenagers trying to tell me that I'm old!

Just because I have a physics degree and a husband (all of which I am up front about) does not mean that I must be exempt from doing something that I enjoy. If my husband can stay up all night playing video games, why can't I be in an RPG?

See, I'm 21 and will be graduating from college in another year. I don't want to be considered "defunct" just because I'm older and have been through college. Kids these days think they should run the show, and that they have exclusive access the stuff just because they're kids. It's annoying.
kiironobara
Yeah. I think the Admins do a darned good job of keeping this a kid-safe environment. There's no need to do an age limit.

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
Dr. Fangorious
Earthangel9

They're totally reporable now. The slave threads in the chatterbox now? Reportable. They're just dens for that sort of s**t.
Dr. Fangorious
Earthangel9

Yes, it was absolutely not allowed. The "cyber for gold" and "pictures for gold" epidemic is the primary reason the personals don't exist anymore. There simply weren't enough mods to keep up with it all.
Dabbler
I don't think any age is too old for gaia. We need some older people on here to balance out the idiot teenagers who are swarming us.

i hope your not saying that all teenagers are idiots, because that would be extremely pretentious of you. sweatdrop

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
Earthangel9
Dr. Fangorious
Earthangel9

Yes, it was absolutely not allowed. The "cyber for gold" and "pictures for gold" epidemic is the primary reason the personals don't exist anymore. There simply weren't enough mods to keep up with it all.

They were already gone when I got here, and I'm glad for it.
kiironobara
Earthangel9
Dr. Fangorious
Earthangel9

They were already gone when I got here, and I'm glad for it.
sweatdrop me too 3nodding
eek I just realized that I am now as old as I pretended to be when I was 13 to get into a science fiction chatroom.

And now I'm *old* at 22...

*sigh* I miss the good old days...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas