Welcome to Gaia! ::

So setting the arbitrary age limit of 30 makes things better? I fail to see the reasoning. I don't see what will be so drastically different 2 1/2 years from now that makes my presence here any more threatening than my current presence here.

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
Megs01
What PerfectRain and I are trying to say is that its ok for old people to play games just not go on chat rooms like Gaia. Now you may be in your 20's and thats fine but you have to realise that when you reach 30 or older you have to stop or you should stop. Its just not right and when you think about the number of Pediphiles out there would you really like your children in the same chat room as them? Seriously. You just have to accept that one day, it could be soon it could be a long way away you will just be to old !

And what everyone else is trying to say is that you don't turn into a ***** after you reach a certain age.

No, you don't have to stop once you reach 30, nor should you feel obligated to. The internet isn't just for teenagers, and it's pompous of you to think that it is.
JLbass
PerfectRain
JLbass
Well, in the end it is up to the person who they chat with... For example, like the guy up there said, ED is not for young people. At least it shoul dnot be, because the older people gathers here, and discuss stuff that a 13 year old may find kind of hard to deal with.

For example, Satanism is discussed here, Anarchy is discussed here, Sexism is discussed here... Whether you agree or not with those ideas, you should admit that for a 13 year old many of those ideas will grow in their heads, and the good or ba dimpression the poeple here gave that child about those ideas will be influential for him/here whether is intended or not...

You do have a point, and I know what you are trying to say. What I was also trying to say was, when people lie about their age and stuff, but I suppose it's their own choice for putting themselves in the position online where they can be open to these sorts of people.

Oh, now i get it... well... Sadly, you are right... ther eis people like that outside, and sadly again... that does not happen only in Gaia... there are plenty of chat rooms where people lie abou their age... What would you recommend against that? I really do not have an idea of how could that be avoided...

I'm glad we are seeing eye to eye. :] You were right too and I'm sorry if I seemed like I was flamming you at first. That is true, it happens all the time, and there is no way that it can be avoided because someone is always going to do it, which is so sad and makes the internet not really the safest place to be. sad We just all got to be carefull I guess..
Hm... Why are you people so afraid of *****? I mean, sure, they're horrible people or whatever, but you're careful, you shouldn't have as much to worry about...

Anyway, I'm 21...And I occasionally question my presence here. The place is crawling with teenagers! I hated teenagers when I was one...And it's like ten times worse now that I'm older than them... Seriously though, setting age limits wouldn't keep anyone out anyway if they wanted to get on. Where do you think all these twelve year olds are coming from? They're already smart enough to lie...

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
Kiron Albrithe
JLbass
Oh, now i get it... well... Sadly, you are right... ther eis people like that outside, and sadly again... that does not happen only in Gaia... there are plenty of chat rooms where people lie abou their age... What would you recommend against that? I really do not have an idea of how could that be avoided...

It's like getting pregnant, the only 100% chance of not being pregnant is abstinence. Don't go on chat rooms, you won't have creepy old guys hitting on you. 3nodding

Yup. So those kids worried about ***** shouldn't go on the internet at all. In fact, leaving their home isn't advisable.
The only idea I can think of... is to forbid chat rooms to kids until they reach about 15... or warn them a lot.. but kids tend to do exactly the opossite their parents say...
kiironobara
Kiron Albrithe
JLbass

It's like getting pregnant, the only 100% chance of not being pregnant is abstinence. Don't go on chat rooms, you won't have creepy old guys hitting on you. 3nodding

Yup. So those kids worried about ***** shouldn't go on the internet at all. In fact, leaving their home isn't advisable.

Well, not without a parent, of course whee
kiironobara, you are right. Even when we arn't on the internet we are in danger.
Cyberlance
The place is crawling with teenagers! I hated teenagers when I was one...And it's like ten times worse now that I'm older than them...

I completely share your feelings....
I understand, Megs01 and PerfectRain, what you are trying to say. However, you are judging the Majority of older people by a Minority of the population. Not all older people are *****. And, many of the people I have met who are older, I wouldn't mind AT ALL, when I have children, if my children started talking with them.

Now, just because someone is 30 years old doesn't mean that they should stop doing something they enjoy doing. I know people who are 40+ years old, and they are more interested in Anime than I am. They have a vast collection, and are more than willing to let others look at it. So, just because they are older, you two would say it is improper for them to be on a site like this? I see your logic, but again, you are judging a majority of people by a minority of offenders.

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
Kiron Albrithe
kiironobara
Kiron Albrithe
JLbass

Well, not without a parent, of course whee

Well, most teenagers' parents are over 30. I mean, the general concensus here is that they could be *****! DANGEROUS!!
Jet Valentine
I understand, Megs01 and PerfectRain, what you are trying to say. However, you are judging the Majority of older people by a Minority of the population. Not all older people are *****. And, many of the people I have met who are older, I wouldn't mind AT ALL, when I have children, if my children started talking with them.

Now, just because someone is 30 years old doesn't mean that they should stop doing something they enjoy doing. I know people who are 40+ years old, and they are more interested in Anime than I am. They have a vast collection, and are more than willing to let others look at it. So, just because they are older, you two would say it is improper for them to be on a site like this? I see your logic, but again, you are judging a majority of people by a minority of offenders.

First, thankyou for understanding my opinon. I watched this show the other day and this man was 18, and was a *****. I see what everyone was getting at and thankyou for pointing that out. :3
Well, don't get me wrong.. I do think there are some big security issues here on Gaia for some of these teens.

In particular, what worries me are the , "Girls tied to beds! Come save us!" types threads. And when the personals were still up, I was horrified. I reported a number of them to the mods because kids were offering naked pictures of themselves for gold! I don't think enough young people have been properly educated on what is and is not safe on the internet...
you can't really be too old depends actually who you talk to if you like..pretend to be 20 and you're 50 well then..ahh
kiironobara
Megs01
What PerfectRain and I are trying to say is that its ok for old people to play games just not go on chat rooms like Gaia. Now you may be in your 20's and thats fine but you have to realise that when you reach 30 or older you have to stop or you should stop. Its just not right and when you think about the number of Pediphiles out there would you really like your children in the same chat room as them? Seriously. You just have to accept that one day, it could be soon it could be a long way away you will just be to old !

And what everyone else is trying to say is that you don't turn into a ***** after you reach a certain age.

No, you don't have to stop once you reach 30, nor should you feel obligated to. The internet isn't just for teenagers, and it's pompous of you to think that it is.

Thank you!

You know, it wasn't that long ago that the internet was entirely for adults...I'm 22, and wh3n *I* was 13, it was necessary to pretend to be older in order to be taken seriously on the internet. Now the net is full of young teenagers trying to tell me that I'm old!

Just because I have a physics degree and a husband (all of which I am up front about) does not mean that I must be exempt from doing something that I enjoy. If my husband can stay up all night playing video games, why can't I be in an RPG?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff