Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Bunny

The last time I got one of those was a few months ago. I really only frequent the GCD, so it doesn't seem to be about which forum I'm in.

Although I've only ever recieved about three of them since joining gaia. Maybe I look poor or something.

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

Surprisingly enough, I received one of those sometime last year - probably in the summer.
I don't know why they would send a phishing PM to a member of staff, but it gave me a good laugh.

I mostly hung out in Q&A/GCD at the time, so I have no clue why they would target me with a PM like that.
Most of the time, I post in Q&A telling people that those kind of PM's are fake and should always be reported. User Image

Anxious Loiterer

15,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200
Actually I had one of those about a month ago, or so. If I could be bothered, I'd reply back with a fake password to get their hopes up but I always just delete them straightaway.

On second thoughts I really should've reported it. Whoops!

Darling Agent

23,225 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
The only one I received was like... two years ago. I deleted it and didn't report because I was a noob and didn't know that it was a scam xD
Then I stumbled in a hacking thing with a pop up window here in Gaia. I immediately reported it.

Shy Rogue

I can't even remember the last time I got one of those.
I tend to avoid the more spammy areas of Gaia and I mostly stick around the GCD, or I have been lately (that and I'm a huge lurker).
I think I got one on a mule once. It was hilarious to me because my mule was all in starter gear, no riches there. XD

Apocalyptic Hellraiser

23,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
I admit I find that most of the fakes kind of funny.

I remember receiving an email years ago by some individual claiming to be Lanzer's mule account. XD

Beloved Nerd

gum disease
Surprisingly enough, I received one of those sometime last year - probably in the summer.
I don't know why they would send a phishing PM to a member of staff, but it gave me a good laugh.

I mostly hung out in Q&A/GCD at the time, so I have no clue why they would target me with a PM like that.
Most of the time, I post in Q&A telling people that those kind of PM's are fake and should always be reported. User Image

That's just hilarious all over XD
And kind of sad.

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i don't think i've received those PMs so much since i got the pink name. sweatdrop i guess it puts some of them off?

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Last time I received one was the night I bought and equipped Jet. Some guy PM'd me with one of those generic PMs, about accounts being reported and all that. I don't think he spoke English very well, either, the PM was hard to understand and bordered on web-translated Engrish. User Image

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

I can't recall the last time I received a phishing pm. In fact, I'm not entirely sure if I ever have received one. It seems like it would be something that I'd remember if it happened to me, but apparently not.
I used to go to the CB when I was new to Gaia and her various gold granting features in order to bump for gold. Back then I was very likely too poor to attract any phishers and now that I'm less poor, I tend to frequent forums like the GCD where less password phishers seem to lurk.

Moonlight Faun

15,025 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I've never actually received one... not complaining. I frequent I lot of forums but I mostly lurk instead of actually taking place in the conversation.

Wheezing Lunatic

I used to get them quite often, back when I stayed in other forums like Art Freebies and the CB. I have gotten the occasional one since settling down here in the GCD but it's been months since the last one.

Peaceful Lunatic

I haven't gotten a 'you've been reported' PM attempt at phishing. I did get a 'hey, someone's insulting you pretty bad at this link' phishing attempt once. Reported it and didn't bother further.

Salty Raider

16,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trader 100
I've NEVER gotten those before D: I guess I'm just not targetable.. ; A ; I've always wanted one, so I can respond and be all witty, while reporting them.

Wilderness Tree

I made a thread very similar to this just the other day...haha

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas