Welcome to Gaia! ::

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Aurelus LaCrois
It looks nothing like the battle rifle, even the gun looks more like calhoun's. Ill give that the hand plates have the same dots but that's the only similarity

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Agreed but the gun is little off.. the gun resembles more of Halo's gun. however,I must credit to both.

Dangerous Smoker

12,325 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Gaian 50
Sgt. Phenix is TOTALLY based of Sgt. calhoun.
Even the description is a play on word oh god

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Is there an OFF reference? emotion_kirakira It would be cool if there was.

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

Elucere
Was the user who contributed for Photon Riser basing the Raiden reference on the item description? I'm not familiar with any of his quotes.

The item may more directly be referencing Phantasy Star Online 2 which aside from similarity with it's default male human character design, calls it's skills Photon Arts.

HOW IN THE ******** DID I MISS THIS? Probably because I don't play PSO2 lololololol

But damn now I got buy it because I love the Phantasy Star series :C

Dapper Puppy

Beat Em Up is, most likely, a reference to the Final Fight series.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Wary Intrigue is based off of Heather from Silent Hill 3?

*stares at the top again*

Oooh yeah...I can see that now.

I mean, I knew the item was a reference to a female in a survival horror situation...but geez...why Silent Hill didn't pop into my head is beyond me! lol

Beat Em Up is a reference towards "beat em up" games in general...since they all have the same premise. Your girl got captured. And then a sequel comes out where she got captured....again! lol Late 80's early 90's games were always like that! That's why I laughed when I read that.

I've been having an issue with the referencing of First Person Problems. I can see where people would say "Hey, that's so Sgt. Calhoun from Wreck-It-Ralph!" But I'd like to just think that since Wreck-It-Ralph held such a huge homage to many game genres, that First Person Problems is actually a shout out towards First Person Shooters in a nutshell.

Go Go Jumper is actually a reference towards the old school platformer hero. It's not just Mario, it's for many more.

Did anyone figure out Ivory Soldier? At first I thought it might be a reference towards both Ico & Shadow of the Colossus, but I just want to make sure. It's definitely based on a game where the person is a hero in a deserted land....and those were the only two games I could think of. The "armor," especially the leg & torso portions of the item reminded me of one of the last colossi you had to defeat. The armor looks like something you could climb.

But if you guys managed to figure it out, let me know! lol

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Catalyste
Wary Intrigue is based off of Heather from Silent Hill 3?

*stares at the top again*

Oooh yeah...I can see that now.

I mean, I knew the item was a reference to a female in a survival horror situation...but geez...why Silent Hill didn't pop into my head is beyond me! lol

Beat Em Up is a reference towards "beat em up" games in general...since they all have the same premise. Your girl got captured. And then a sequel comes out where she got captured....again! lol Late 80's early 90's games were always like that! That's why I laughed when I read that.

I've been having an issue with the referencing of First Person Problems. I can see where people would say "Hey, that's so Sgt. Calhoun from Wreck-It-Ralph!" But I'd like to just think that since Wreck-It-Ralph held such a huge homage to many game genres, that First Person Problems is actually a shout out towards First Person Shooters in a nutshell.

Go Go Jumper is actually a reference towards the old school platformer hero. It's not just Mario, it's for many more.

Did anyone figure out Ivory Soldier? At first I thought it might be a reference towards both Ico & Shadow of the Colossus, but I just want to make sure. It's definitely based on a game where the person is a hero in a deserted land....and those were the only two games I could think of. The "armor," especially the leg & torso portions of the item reminded me of one of the last colossi you had to defeat. The armor looks like something you could climb.

But if you guys managed to figure it out, let me know! lol
Ok. thanks. I wasn't sure about this reference but with your evidence, it prove it. I'm go ahead and put it with the rest of the references.

Super Noob

15,525 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Sooooo happy about the psychonauts item.

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
Heather item is probably my favorite. Just need one more and I'll have the set!

The arm poses are the best.

I need more horror backgrounds now though >.< all I have is ravenwood manner

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Michelle Chiba

I think Lady Katrinn (the Valkyrie helmet) may also be in reference to Game of Thrones.
I know that it's not a video game but something in the wording and/or hair color seems like a reference.
So it could be a reference to both?

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Ian's Valentine 100
psychotic__Gal
Michelle Chiba

I think Lady Katrinn (the Valkyrie helmet) may also be in reference to Game of Thrones.
I know that it's not a video game but something in the wording and/or hair color seems like a reference.
It could be. can you show me more evidence?

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Michelle Chiba
psychotic__Gal
Michelle Chiba

Well, it's a passing reference.

First of all, the name. Lady Katrinn is close to " Lady Catelyn", the Game of Thrones character.

Second
she gets decapitated in the show/book. So the ".01% to drop headgear" might be in reference to that. This is a fairly recent development in the TV show so that could be why Gaia was targeting it with a few points.

Third, it's not easy to just show you a picture of her and have it be exactly that so I'll provide a wiki Link

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Ian's Valentine 100
psychotic__Gal
Michelle Chiba
psychotic__Gal
Michelle Chiba

Well, it's a passing reference.

First of all, the name. Lady Katrinn is close to " Lady Catelyn", the Game of Thrones character.

Second
she gets decapitated in the show/book. So the ".01% to drop headgear" might be in reference to that. This is a fairly recent development in the TV show so that could be why Gaia was targeting it with a few points.

Third, it's not easy to just show you a picture of her and have it be exactly that so I'll provide a wiki Link
thank-you. I'll add this too.

Destructive Bunny

Fly to the Moon is a ref to Jeanne's outfit in Bayonetta. Beyonetta herself wears something different.
User Image

Magnetic Shapeshifter

While the item Wayfaring Vagabond is definitely a Journey reference, the name strikes me as a homage to Homestuck's Wayward Vagabond.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff