Welcome to Gaia! ::

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
One of the largest pet peeves I have about Gaia is the ratio of avatar-related updates to non-avatar-related updates. Too few non-avatar-related updates by comparison in my opinion. I'm hoping that cars, aquariums, games, fishing, etc... will get larger updates in the future, but as the time passes, my hope dwindles.

Another peeve of mine is the money-hungry undertone from the past year. All that "limited quantity", "exclusive", and "today only" stuff is pretty lame in my opinion. It seems to have lifted a bit lately, but it's still prominent.

I also have some avatar-related pet peeves. I wish there would be more green and orange items. I also wish that black and white weren't so frequently complementary colours to items. I find it super hard to make an avatar that doesn't have black or white in it. Also, I really hate when artists copy portions of the front view of poses to the back view of poses because there's often perspective issues. Lastly, I hate when Gaia finds an item that sells out and almost immediately recolours it a million times. I get there is a demand for it and all, but it gets really boring really quickly... at least for me. I would never buy 10 outfits of the same colour in real life because there's such little differentiation with using them in different avatars. Red legs in one avatar... black legs in one... blue in another...... but all have the same legs.

In terms of other users, it is kind of aggravating when others start raising their pitchforks to those who have opposing opinions.

But those are just some of my peeves. I could probably derive a longer list if I tried xd .

IRL Noob

Mostly my pet peeves are the amount of misplaced threads cluttering up the minishop forum currently, but no matter how quickly I report them, I still see them surface weeks after the fact. Needs more active mods in the minishops!

Other than that, I guess hidden equip lists... kind of an annoying feature for curious people.

Adorable Nymph

15,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
Slick Southpaw
Sunkissed innocence
Slick Southpaw
There's a few that make my eye twitch

✖Obnoxiously bright colored font ಠ_ಠ

✖Cluttered post styles with a buttload of lyrics in them

✖Passive aggressive look at me-feel sorry for me tactics/posts

✖Getting commented on my profile but there is no way to comment back because profile/msgs are on private ಠ_ಠ

✖Artists that steadfastly refuse to go out their kawaii desu comfort zone

oh lord! slick in my thread!!

anyways, i agree with points 1, 2, 3, and 5, 4 i sn't really an issue for me unless they buy my item and i can't even say thank you, ya know?

in ur thread, in ur head, makin the commentary redface

eh, I don't have notices on for marketplace purchases because I've been liquidating a lot and I'd rather just see my gold stash go up. I just feel super awkward because I've had people say nice things to me on my prof and I can't comment them back. It's really dumb to get huffed about, and I'm sure they have a legit reason for it BUT I JUST WANNA SAY THANK YOU AND ADMIRE YOUUUUUUUU

...that came out bit creepier than I intended
well heres me saying, i love your avi! it's so awesome!

and i love your sdplus doll, i just want one to squeeze and cuddle and...i'm shutting up now redface

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Slick Southpaw
Madam Ace
When somebody who just came back from hiatus posts here asking for recap of what happened and why the marketplace is all "messed up".

omg xd yes

this makes me irrationally angry

I've just default report those because I know I'm gonna say something spiteful and it's not worth it because confused poor soul misplaced a thread and you're not supposed to post in misplaced threads but everyone does it anyways emotion_facepalm

The fact that we have a dedicated recap thread everyone links to because even the helpful people are tired of explaining it says a LOT.

Just... You could have posted that in so many other places. Whhhhhy heeeeeere???
And the biggest peeve is that the OP acts like it happened overnight or something like that. emotion_facepalm

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
Sunkissed innocence
Ninja Katze
My peeve has not affected me for a while. It's frustrating when you find someone looking for art, who PM's you, but you can't PM them back because it's turned off. Ok, let me try your profi- oh that's set to private too... Perhaps starting a thread in the test forum to summon them... hmmm 3 days went by and no response...

Then they want to know why you ignored them in another PM you can't answer...
that's why i never set any thing of mine to private or hidden, why bother? i love pm's from people if there nice pm's

There are people who do this and then forget. I don't think I have anything set to private. I also don't ignore people unless they are creepy stalkers but no one want to stalk a katze... emo rolleyes
If I willy nilly block people, can't see everyone's posts and judge them feverishly for their glorious or hateful comments. As a part time lurker, judging others is all I do since I don't post. wink If I set PM's and my profile to private, no one would ever talk to me omg...

Adorable Nymph

15,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
Zandykins
One of the largest pet peeves I have about Gaia is the ratio of avatar-related updates to non-avatar-related updates. Too few non-avatar-related updates by comparison in my opinion. I'm hoping that cars, aquariums, games, fishing, etc... will get larger updates in the future, but as the time passes, my hope dwindles.

Another peeve of mine is the money-hungry undertone from the past year. All that "limited quantity", "exclusive", and "today only" stuff is pretty lame in my opinion. It seems to have lifted a bit lately, but it's still prominent.

I also have some avatar-related pet peeves. I wish there would be more green and orange items. I also wish that black and white weren't so frequently complementary colours to items. I find it super hard to make an avatar that doesn't have black or white in it. Also, I really hate when artists copy portions of the front view of poses to the back view of poses because there's often perspective issues. Lastly, I hate when Gaia finds an item that sells out and almost immediately recolours it a million times. I get there is a demand for it and all, but it gets really boring really quickly... at least for me. I would never buy 10 outfits of the same colour in real life because there's such little differentiation with using them in different avatars. Red legs in one avatar... black legs in one... blue in another...... but all have the same legs.

In terms of other users, it is kind of aggravating when others start raising their pitchforks to those who have opposing opinions.

But those are just some of my peeves. I could probably derive a longer list if I tried xd .
that is quite a list lol

Adorable Nymph

15,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
Ninja Katze
Sunkissed innocence
Ninja Katze
My peeve has not affected me for a while. It's frustrating when you find someone looking for art, who PM's you, but you can't PM them back because it's turned off. Ok, let me try your profi- oh that's set to private too... Perhaps starting a thread in the test forum to summon them... hmmm 3 days went by and no response...

Then they want to know why you ignored them in another PM you can't answer...
that's why i never set any thing of mine to private or hidden, why bother? i love pm's from people if there nice pm's

There are people who do this and then forget. I don't think I have anything set to private. I also don't ignore people unless they are creepy stalkers but no one want to stalk a katze... emo rolleyes
If I willy nilly block people, can't see everyone's posts and judge them feverishly for their glorious or hateful comments. As a part time lurker, judging others is all I do since I don't post. wink If I set PM's and my profile to private, no one would ever talk to me omg...
-stalks you so you don't feel lonely- well if you want a stalker XD

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
- the amount of spam/misplaced threads in the GCD and the mods who don't bother to clean it up. I can't even be bothered to report anymore because I know nothing is going to be done about it.

- people who are so strongly for or against gaia that they literally can't comprehend anything that contradicts their viewpoint.

- people who go around telling people they're going to kill themselves if they don't get what they want and telling other people everyone hates them because they've gotten something that they want.

- people who put no thought into anything they post, contradict themselves, and then call everyone salty like it's a legitimate defence.

and so much more but the rest is going to actually identify users so I probably shouldn't post that redface

Shaggy Loverboy

Disabled equipped lists used to annoy me too, but they're so common now, I'm used to them. lol Though it is annoying when you ask what _____ is and they don't reply back.

Besides that, I'm not really bothered by anything here. I mean I'm bothered by a lot of stuff but nothing that I can truly consider a pet peeve.

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Budding Witch 250
Madam Ace
Slick Southpaw
Madam Ace
When somebody who just came back from hiatus posts here asking for recap of what happened and why the marketplace is all "messed up".

omg xd yes

I've just default report those because I know I'm gonna say something spiteful and it's not worth it because confused poor soul misplaced a thread and you're not supposed to post in misplaced threads but everyone does it anyways emotion_facepalm

The fact that we have a dedicated recap thread everyone links to because even the helpful people are tired of explaining it says a LOT.

Just... You could have posted that in so many other places. Whhhhhy heeeeeere???
And the biggest peeve is that the OP acts like it happened overnight or something like that. emotion_facepalm

they are the only ones who have noticed the inflation and the only ones who are gonna do something about it gosh darnit!

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Madam Ace

It's like everyone spontaneously forgot that Q/A existed

ugghhh yes

I love it when it's like months/years a body has been on hiatus and that's the approx reaction rofl

Adorable Nymph

15,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
Snow Danger
Madam Ace
Slick Southpaw
Madam Ace

omg xd yes

they are the only ones who have noticed the inflation and the only ones who are gonna do something about it gosh darnit!
oooh i love your avi ^_^

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Budding Witch 250
Sunkissed innocence
oooh i love your avi ^_^

awww, thank you!! your's is really pretty too 3nodding

Unstoppable Krampus

Definitely the "OMG I've been gone for two years and now everything's different someone explain it to me! gonk " threads. Like, there's a search bar right there at the top of the page. Hell, there's probably another thread about the exact same thing on the first page of the forum.

User Image

VSC_Heartz's Wife

Divine Defender

30,225 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
I hide my equipped list, but I'm always more than happy to share if you ask what an item or two are. (If you ask for a full list I will decline to state though. It's like, come on man, think for yourself a lil.)

My biggest peeve is actually people who ignore at the drop of the hat. It seems... petty. I even edited my signature for those kind of people because it gets under my skin and riles me up so much. Plus I hope it makes them think twice, because that kind of pettiness usually won't like me "winning". It's especially annoying when the person actually makes relevant threads I'd like to participate in, like lists. emo

Another must be font I can't read, especially when used in the opening post. I don't give a flying ******** if I can highlight it or copy+paste it into another document or whatever other work arounds there are. If you are going to create a thread make it legible for 99.99% of the people visiting your thread.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff