Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Bookworm

29,275 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Survivor 150
Twisted Lady
Definitely the "OMG I've been gone for two years and now everything's different someone explain it to me! gonk " threads. Like, there's a search bar right there at the top of the page. Hell, there's probably another thread about the exact same thing on the first page of the forum.

User Image

YES. It's not that hard to see if someone else has mentioned it. Do they think that they are the ONLY person who's been on a hiatus from Gaia? Any time I'm away from a bit and come back wondering what's going on, I immediately check GCD for threads and then if I can't find it there- use the search feature. 9 out of 10 times I found the info on GCD... good ol' GCD... *pets the forum and then gives it a treat*

For me, pet peeves are...
1. eye straining text colors
2. people who are shocked that *gasps* not everybody shares the same viewpoint
3. finding the same friggin' topic several times and the OP time stamp is HOURS after the original thread that was started
4. the hidden list- I agree with others who find this annoying. There are WAY too many items coming out on a daily basis now, and there is no friggin' way I'm going to be able to keep AND remember all of them. I don't want to copy someone else, I just want to know what that cool item is so that I can buy it and make something else with it.

I can list more, but don't want to go overboard. lol

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
I only have a few that mage me go "ugh" when I see it...

- Bright / cluttered post styles
I always skip these posts and don't even bother to read them.

- Users who lie to achieve / receive something
I saw this happen with the Project tickets at least twice... one user threatening suicide if she doesn't get a Golden Ticket (at least the Gaia artist responsible for her item must have seen her post because her item ended up being super low quality compared to other Golden Ticket items heh), and another one claiming "my biggest dream ever is to get an SD Plus Doll of myself otherwise I will quit" after he sold several Custom SD Plus items for a profit instead of creating his own doll. Those two users are now on my "too pathetic to ever talk to" list.

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
Rotchu
When people undercut you in the marketplace by like 1 gold.

i read a thread the other day that ranted about this subject, but i was kinda confused since i never experienced that in items i wanted to buy. then, that same day, i was going to buy an item on my wishlist and someone did THAT exact thing.

i bought the one that was 1 gold higher because people like that don't deserve profits >:I

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
I dislike mean people.

Like, trolls are fine as long as they are funny, but the moment someone is mean I'm just like no plz stop

Sparkling Star

13,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Streaker 200
Sodium for the Soul
cottoncandyFRIZZ
        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.tiro finale!
        sometimes i don't like people who act cutie-cutie. idk if i'm like that, but it to me it looks like that. i like cute people, but at times some just try a little too hard it doesn't seem natural anymore. /shrug

Or when people use cute emoticons AND act cute to try and get people to like them.

I saw a guy doing the cute act because he thought it would get him anons.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.tiro finale!
        oh my god, yes.
        i like emoticons and i use them from time to time, but overuse + wanting people to like you is eehh ninja
        also overuse of the tilde with that intention.

a sample by me:
        "omg, that's super cute~! c: i like your avi so much, so adorableeeee~~~ o v o"
        then segues to "help me im questing" or smth like that

Frozen Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. This goes to both Gaia and real life. If someone text/PM me with "hi" I don't know how to reply. Do just write 'hi' back, then go threw the tedious conversation of 'hi' hi 'how you doing' good 'that's nice' 'yep' bye. OR am I expected to start a real conversation. You contacted me so give me something more to respond to other than hi. gonk

Conservative Citizen

10,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
People who cry out for love and tolerance, and then hypocritically turn right around and put down someone who believes a little differently, despite the fact they're not hurting anyone and are just stating a harmless opinion. As a Christian and a Sonic fan, I catch this a lot.

Also, people who refuse to type legibly. Honestly, isn't the point of being on a forum where communication is exchanged through text being able to read said text?

Oh, and people who go around making fun of people who wear cheaper clothes on their avatars and call them noobs. I sometimes wear a set of my cheaper clothing/items because I think they're a nice change, and almost every time its, 'LOL, n00b! Cheep cloths n00b alert! LOL!'. Ungh...

thyfe's Partner

Devoted Partner

21,240 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Similar to my pet peeve in real life: referring to people as "honey," "darling," "babe," etc. Seriously, what gives you the right to give weird (not to mention sexist) nicknames to strangers? Stop.

Conservative Citizen

10,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
Tiffyish
Similar to my pet peeve in real life: referring to people as "honey," "darling," "babe," etc. Seriously, what gives you the right to give weird (not to mention sexist) nicknames to strangers? Stop.

Okay, I'm guilty of the 'honey' thing, but its more because I'm Southern than actually using it as an endearing term. XD But I can see how that'd be creepy.

NikNook's Kouhai

Byzantium Egg

That I can't buy (alchemy) items in bulk from the gold shops. emotion_donotwant

Quotable Phantom

6,000 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
gaia_angelleft gaia_star gaia_angelright

People who set the font color like this or even this. I can barely read it without having to highlight it.

Trolls who directly hurt people. Honestly I'm fine with people posting stupid stuff that makes it into memorable threads, but going out of your way to bully one specific person to hurt them is just cruel and not funny.

People who nitpick grammar mistakes to justify their arguement. Just admit that the other person won.

People who are also stupidly stubborn annoy me.

I also really hate SF. If you hate Gaia Online that much then please quit.

thyfe's Partner

Devoted Partner

21,240 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Sakura Courage Solo
Tiffyish

Okay, I'm guilty of the 'honey' thing, but its more because I'm Southern than actually using it as an endearing term. XD But I can see how that'd be creepy.

That is literally the only exception I have to my peeve. I have customers that are from southern states that use it, and it doesn't creep me out. They also have southern accents though, so you don't get that vibe. But then you have young men (like in their 20s) calling you "sweetheart," and referring to grown women as "girls" and it's just GROSS. Gives you shivers all over.

Wily Streaker

A newest pet peeve that is really digging under my skin is that they put the "GCash" tab right where "My Gaia" used to be and everytime I try to freakin go back to the my gaia screen I accidently click on that stupid tab. scream emotion_donotwant

Elegant Dollie's Partner

Chic Bear

• Gaia's year old site damaging business model.
• Site features being neglected.
• Backseat moderators.
• "If you don't like it, gtfo Gaia" posts.
• "Its better than nothing" posts.
• "You should be grateful" posts.
• Racists.

Spirit

Double/multiple semi-colons to try to make a sentence less severe, or decorate something, or replace single colons;;

I always see it in the art subforums and it just annoys me to an unreasonable degree.
Promote the proper use of the semi-colon; amirite.

That, and a variety of types of people in the freebies subforum, Japan fanatics, artists who get defensive or don't even reply after they received critiques they asked for, and artists who quite clearly overprice.
Not to give artists their due respect, because they deserve appropriate payment for their efforts, but (I'm an artist too and) some just expect unreasonable sums for mediocre work.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff