Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is your preferred/favorite type of Donation Item? Feel free to elaborate in a post in the thread as well.

Angel Subscriber Items (2018 - Present) 0.092879256965944 9.3% [ 30 ]
Monthly Collectibles (2005 - 2018) 0.4984520123839 49.8% [ 161 ]
"Valuable" ones. 0.20123839009288 20.1% [ 65 ]
Animal base ones (exclusively). 0.021671826625387 2.2% [ 7 ]
Human base ones (exclusively). 0.18575851393189 18.6% [ 60 ]
Total Votes:[ 323 ]

Panumbra
Lumoz
the highest quitter
HALO.

BECAUSE YOU'LL NEVER EVER HAVE ONE.

Best post. I wish this were still true, i really cant believe they re-released everything i worked so hard for aka angelic sash and nightmare scarf back in the gap.

If I recall, at least one of those re-releases was from them purging accounts that people hadn't touched for years, so they removed those accounts and liberated their inventories, releasing some of those items back onto the MP. Those could be the 2013 ones; they also have ones from 2017 which might have been them doing the same thing then as well, but I can't recall.

With how inflation has worked with Gaia, even those coveted items are much more obtainable for a bit of actual money, which dilutes their value and relates to your sentiments. I never really cared for the angelic/nightmare items except for the Angelic Scarf, and I worked my butt off for it back in the day; now it's basically worthless looking at the MP prices and it's disheartening in it's own way.

Yeah I'm mainly bitter because after coming back from 10-12 years of inactivity I thought I was gonna rich af and then come to find out my 04/05 letters I bought are essentially worthless so it was a huge letdown. The main reason we bought them was because they were only available for 1 month, thereby establishing scarcity and value. They really screwed over all the vets like us by doing that when we were here in the beginning supporting the site. I could see them holding some special events to hand a few out but if I understand it correctly they re-released them in RIGS or whatever you could buy with cash and probably an unlimited amount. Angelic sash and nightmare are cheaper than they were in 04 which is ridiculous.

Nothing I can do about it now I suppose but thinking you're coming back to hundreds of millions of gold and having a substantially less amount was devastating. Thankfully most of my gold were in items so my couple hundred thousand gold was turned into 1 plat.

Trundlebug's Wife

Tiny Fatcat

Nostalgic fondness for the angelic sash/scarf. The scarf was my first rare item and I held onto mine for a very long time. Eventually I donated it to my wife so she could bid on a b/c something-or-other (which she won). She surprised me with one as a gift a few years later. whee

yzi soup's Waifu

Hopeless Romantic

Well...
If you care about the "value" of it I guess the valuable ones make sense... lol But people really just keep them and don't do anything with them mehhh, the avatars that come with them are usually very old and ugly too it doesn't even scream "rich" to me anymore.

But besides angelic halo and devil tail I despise all the other items' pixeling User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I'd sell the angelic halo and the tail in an instant if I had them too, not even worth keeping imo, they're just to flaunt tbh they don't match anything.
Unless you really only keep them for the sake of showing how long you've been around, to show your full support to Gaia. If you only bought them their initial release that is also lol

I voted for Monthly Collcectibles... The designs.. The themes omg they were everything for me :c
The male/female/paw item bundles I spent actual money on!! I want them back ;A;
Angel items come close but they are not the same quality, they are often very flat and themes are very similar, compared to the monthly collectibles they're just... ughh emo
They also only release a single base which is annoying. It'd be great at least for them to make a female+male+paw set, and users could choose which to get emotion_facepalm

Omnipresent Regular

15,990 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Pimpernel Blue
Nostalgic fondness for the angelic sash/scarf. The scarf was my first rare item and I held onto mine for a very long time. Eventually I donated it to my wife so she could bid on a b/c something-or-other (which she won). She surprised me with one as a gift a few years later. whee

Relatable, for me, for sure. The angelic scarf was the MC I had been eyeing since I started here (which I finally got back when millions of gold was still crazy hard to obtain). I ended up getting the Angelic Sash on a whim, and it's a bit sad how cheap it was, considering how expensive it used to be. I'm happy to hear that you managed to it back after donating it!

Omnipresent Regular

15,990 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Zelzah Quiena
Well...
If you care about the "value" of it I guess the valuable ones make sense... lol But people really just keep them and don't do anything with them mehhh, the avatars that come with them are usually very old and ugly too it doesn't even scream "rich" to me anymore.

But besides angelic halo and devil tail I despise all the other items' pixeling User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I'd sell the angelic halo and the tail in an instant if I had them too, not even worth keeping imo, they're just to flaunt tbh they don't match anything.
Unless you really only keep them for the sake of showing how long you've been around, to show your full support to Gaia. If you only bought them their initial release that is also lol

I voted for Monthly Collcectibles... The designs.. The themes omg they were everything for me :c
The male/female/paw item bundles I spent actual money on!! I want them back ;A;
Angel items come close but they are not the same quality, they are often very flat and themes are very similar, compared to the monthly collectibles they're just... ughh emo
They also only release a single base which is annoying. It'd be great at least for them to make a female+male+paw set, and users could choose which to get emotion_facepalm

Yeah, the older collectibles are not of the same detail/quality as more recent items; very few (I think at least) can be used with my current set of items and design choices; I wish more of them could be reworked to more "modern" pixel quality that was have now. Even so, some of them still have their charm for me (i.e., angelic scarf). I also agree with regards to the Angel Items (AI). The AI's are the modern day MC's, but the colors are often similar or thematic with what's been released; there have only been a few that I've really liked thus far. I feel like a lot of the creativity goes into the RIG's instead.

Toxic Wife

8,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
I think I will always be partial to the devils tail. It was this first item I quested for. Back in the day when I did it was super expensive.

Omnipresent Regular

15,990 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Nykka
I think I will always be partial to the devils tail. It was this first item I quested for. Back in the day when I did it was super expensive.

Ooooh, that's definitely a good one. I think it's really stood the test of time as well; even though it's older, it doesn't look at cumbersome or janky as some of the other, older MC items.

Wealthy Genius

I think the angelic halo is just timeless for this site.
But for me, the best is the penguin slippers. I saved a whole summer for those when they were 400K (in gold). I still have them but god they're worthless now. Kinda sucks but....Idk it sucks lmaoo
I rock them whenever I wanna do an old school avi. They don't really work with the current item base because they're a shoe vs a leg mod.

Omnipresent Regular

15,990 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Big, if not HUGE-ish news (for anyone who checks out this thread)! Seems Gaia Staff is interested in polling and checking users' thoughts on past monthly collectibles and whether or not they should be re-released! If you missed it in the "Ask the Staff" section of the site, I've included the link to the thread here: Monthly Collectible Poll - 10/5/22

I am not sure how long the poll will be active for, so if you have thoughts/opinions, it's probably best to post about them sooner rather than later; I know I'll be posting my thoughts! I will also update the first post of this thread with the aforementioned link as well, in the event that it gets buried here while the poll is still active. This is some exciting stuff (for me at least), so I look forward to what the poll results indicate!

Omnipresent Regular

15,990 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Lumoz

I guess it's also time to get a little bit more bitter (possibly), since they're polling users to see what they think about re-releasing ALL of the previous monthly collectibles (June 2003 - March 2017). sweatdrop They acknowledge that this would affect a large number of users, so they want to get a good feel of what the consensus is before they make any moves--though as both you and staff have noted, some have already been previously re-released through various means).

OG Member

Panumbra
Lumoz

I guess it's also time to get a little bit more bitter (possibly), since they're polling users to see what they think about re-releasing ALL of the previous monthly collectibles (June 2003 - March 2017). sweatdrop They acknowledge that this would affect a large number of users, so they want to get a good feel of what the consensus is before they make any moves--though as both you and staff have noted, some have already been previously re-released through various means).

Where is this poll?

Aged Misfit

â—„ { Fond for a lot of the oldest ones, but it's a toss up between the Devil Tail and Nitemare Scarf.
I wanted the tail first, even made an ugly dream avi for it, but got told 'hey, that's too expensive!' even though I was all ready to hunker down and quest it. So I wore a Dark Halo tail for the longest time. xD
The Scarf was my first big get item, but then I got fooled into trading it and it got stolen (naïve teen I was). I did get it back, but yea...
A lot has changed since then...I've been off and on and have gifted away or sold both items many, many times, but I always go back to those two whenever I do return. } â–º

Omnipresent Regular

15,990 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Definitely Not Ryo
Panumbra
Lumoz

Where is this poll?

Ah, I linked the poll in my original post, but I have the link here as well: Poll for MC re-release (so far it's a whopping YES from users)...

IRL Noob

Panumbra
Pimpernel Blue

Relatable, for me, for sure. The angelic scarf was the MC I had been eyeing since I started here (which I finally got back when millions of gold was still crazy hard to obtain). I ended up getting the Angelic Sash on a whim, and it's a bit sad how cheap it was, considering how expensive it used to be. I'm happy to hear that you managed to it back after donating it!

it was me, the wife
yeah i was always into the art communities, and back then huge amounts of gold and rare items were pushed around in auctions and all sorts of sales in those forums. i did earn her back the scarf she gave me with my own art later on. ^^

i was never huge into the item scene personally tho... if i had to pick, i would guess my favorite mc would be the coco kitty since i love cats.

Omnipresent Regular

15,990 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Trundlebug
Panumbra
Pimpernel Blue

it was me, the wife
yeah i was always into the art communities, and back then huge amounts of gold and rare items were pushed around in auctions and all sorts of sales in those forums. i did earn her back the scarf she gave me with my own art later on. ^^

i was never huge into the item scene personally tho... if i had to pick, i would guess my favorite mc would be the coco kitty since i love cats.

Oh, that's wonderful to hear! I dabbled in the art scene here ages ago...and I think I did maybe 2 commissions/pieces before the thread I was in stopped getting traction. It wasn't nearly as organized as it probably should have been to really get anywhere, honestly.

Oooh, Coco the Cat is a great one; I remember I had one forever ago and "upgraded" to Kiki, though I do miss having Coco at times. Every time I look at Kiki I am reminded that I want the Baby Seal Slippers again...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff