Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Friend

Yeata Zi
npulse
I applied...as was told I'm too aggressive when replying to people. emotion_8c What's wrong with being blunt? crying
Haha.

At least they told you why they couldn't use you?

Yea gonk

Anxious Friend

Bluecandescent
npulse
I applied...as was told I'm too aggressive when replying to people. emotion_8c What's wrong with being blunt? crying
Gaia staff have to keep a professional image. I guess what they mean is that you're too snarky/sarcastic/crude, maybe? I wouldn't know of course, but either way when talking to others you can't be mean in any way at all, even sarcasm. And honestly, there has to be some degree of suger-coating - you can't say, for example, "your idea is dumb," you should say instead, "this is what I disagree with: [explanation]." That kind of thing. You can only be blunt when it comes to facts/rules (even then you say it respectfully), and not opinions.

I applied too, so I want to become as professional like what I described ^^;

I mean I understand that..but I've seen plenty of blunt FA and Mods emo maybe I get to sarcastic I guess.

I mean they mentioned to a SF post I said in which I agreed with the mods and in my post I told OP "You were in the wrong for both reasons" in which I quoted Wikipedia for a definition and in the other I pasted forum rules. I dunno, I didn't feel that I was being particularly rude but I guess it was taken that way.

I just wonder sometimes cause I had a similar issue come up once when applying to be a mod. It was at a time I disagreed with something Gaia had been doing and then was told they didn't want people who said whatever I said in reference to questioning Gaia's actions (which I'll be honest now I can't remember what I said but I do remember questioning the logic behind the denial). But but..other mods have disagreed and expressed it crying

/end whining

I'm just disappointed. But I think overall, I'd rather like to have my freedom to express what I feel than have to think about my words.

For Jonron's Compadre

Hopeless Trash

21,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I'd want to except for I'm going away from the internet all summer. Bad timing to be taking up a time consuming internet responsibility like forum assisting.

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
npulse

I never got a decline email or PM :C

I will be forever in the dark.

Receiver

User Image
lol gaia, i love u but
i'm not working for free

Dangerous Loiterer

Hmm, maybe I should think about it now I've finished school and have months with absolutely nothing to do 24 hours a day...

Sparkling Supporter

I don't spend enough time in here anymore, I'm pretty busy in life and all
Also I'm still too much of a whippersnapper to even be eligible

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Meromictic
npulse

Ask a mod about that and they'll find out for you, if you've been rejected and you're not still just waiting in queue.

~

And no, I wouldn't go back to volunteering with Gaia. I have too many IRL commitments to work for a website that isn't ever likely to pay me. The mod team is awesome, and I enjoyed working with them when I had more free time, but I'm done with that period of my life.

Omnipresent Demigod

Meromictic
npulse

Cuticle Tantei Inaba
"Hi Admins!
i was wondering...........When is gaia staff looking at there forum assistant aplication emails? To get accepted or not?"

Sandokiri
"At least a few every day (other than the weekends,) so far."

HDMI

~~~
This is taken from the Ask The Admin that is currently taking place. The admin that answered the users question is the admin that made the announcement in Gaia's Blog. So it looks like they are still accepting people for now, just on a slow pace and since there are most likely many applications that were sent in, the later your application is sent in the longer the wait will be I'm guessing.
~~~

HDMI

Omnipresent Demigod

HDMI

~~~
Tirinaki was an admin before right?
~~~

HDMI

Cute Pup

12,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
HDMI
HDMI

~~~
Tirinaki was an admin before right?
~~~

HDMI

Yup 3nodding

Fashionable Noob

11,625 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
I have both the time and the interest, but I don't report things frequently enough to qualify. xp

Mega Noob

Ugh. I was a mod. Never again.

It was interesting, but really time consuming and, no offense to gaia, but I like getting paid for time consuming work that drains my love of the internet. xd

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
DC-Chan
Ugh. I was a mod. Never again.

It was interesting, but really time consuming and, no offense to gaia, but I like getting paid for time consuming work that drains my love of the internet. xd
Getting paid is important/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces