Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Lover

13,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Yeata Zi
npulse
I applied...as was told I'm too aggressive when replying to people. emotion_8c What's wrong with being blunt? crying
Haha.

At least they told you why they couldn't use you?

Yea gonk

Romantic Lover

13,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Bluecandescent
npulse
I applied...as was told I'm too aggressive when replying to people. emotion_8c What's wrong with being blunt? crying
Gaia staff have to keep a professional image. I guess what they mean is that you're too snarky/sarcastic/crude, maybe? I wouldn't know of course, but either way when talking to others you can't be mean in any way at all, even sarcasm. And honestly, there has to be some degree of suger-coating - you can't say, for example, "your idea is dumb," you should say instead, "this is what I disagree with: [explanation]." That kind of thing. You can only be blunt when it comes to facts/rules (even then you say it respectfully), and not opinions.

I applied too, so I want to become as professional like what I described ^^;

I mean I understand that..but I've seen plenty of blunt FA and Mods emo maybe I get to sarcastic I guess.

I mean they mentioned to a SF post I said in which I agreed with the mods and in my post I told OP "You were in the wrong for both reasons" in which I quoted Wikipedia for a definition and in the other I pasted forum rules. I dunno, I didn't feel that I was being particularly rude but I guess it was taken that way.

I just wonder sometimes cause I had a similar issue come up once when applying to be a mod. It was at a time I disagreed with something Gaia had been doing and then was told they didn't want people who said whatever I said in reference to questioning Gaia's actions (which I'll be honest now I can't remember what I said but I do remember questioning the logic behind the denial). But but..other mods have disagreed and expressed it crying

/end whining

I'm just disappointed. But I think overall, I'd rather like to have my freedom to express what I feel than have to think about my words.

Feral Fatcat

13,700 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I'd want to except for I'm going away from the internet all summer. Bad timing to be taking up a time consuming internet responsibility like forum assisting.

Winged Stargazer

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
npulse

I never got a decline email or PM :C

I will be forever in the dark.

Receiver

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
lol gaia, i love u but
i'm not working for free

Dangerous Loiterer

Hmm, maybe I should think about it now I've finished school and have months with absolutely nothing to do 24 hours a day...

Swashbuckling Nerd

I don't spend enough time in here anymore, I'm pretty busy in life and all
Also I'm still too much of a whippersnapper to even be eligible

Devoted Bookworm

11,800 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Meromictic
npulse

Ask a mod about that and they'll find out for you, if you've been rejected and you're not still just waiting in queue.

~

And no, I wouldn't go back to volunteering with Gaia. I have too many IRL commitments to work for a website that isn't ever likely to pay me. The mod team is awesome, and I enjoyed working with them when I had more free time, but I'm done with that period of my life.

Omnipresent Elder

Meromictic
npulse

Cuticle Tantei Inaba
"Hi Admins!
i was wondering...........When is gaia staff looking at there forum assistant aplication emails? To get accepted or not?"

Sandokiri
"At least a few every day (other than the weekends,) so far."

HDMI

~~~
This is taken from the Ask The Admin that is currently taking place. The admin that answered the users question is the admin that made the announcement in Gaia's Blog. So it looks like they are still accepting people for now, just on a slow pace and since there are most likely many applications that were sent in, the later your application is sent in the longer the wait will be I'm guessing.
~~~

HDMI

Omnipresent Elder

HDMI

~~~
Tirinaki was an admin before right?
~~~

HDMI

Cute Pup

12,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
HDMI
HDMI

~~~
Tirinaki was an admin before right?
~~~

HDMI

Yup 3nodding

Witty Noob

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
I have both the time and the interest, but I don't report things frequently enough to qualify. xp

Mega Noob

Ugh. I was a mod. Never again.

It was interesting, but really time consuming and, no offense to gaia, but I like getting paid for time consuming work that drains my love of the internet. xd

Loyal Gaian

16,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Firestarter 200
DC-Chan
Ugh. I was a mod. Never again.

It was interesting, but really time consuming and, no offense to gaia, but I like getting paid for time consuming work that drains my love of the internet. xd
Getting paid is important/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games