• Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Uncle Kenny
xcrimsonlegendx
Lord Lapin
xcrimsonlegendx
Where is our victory item? scream

It's as if the winner didn't even matter, Diedrich got a victory item last time. I'm kind of fudged off right now that there was no April fools event, only a "conclusion" that's supposed to tie into the summer event. We defeated cute, I don't want another Fluff event. x__x

Well to be honest April fools was RIGHT after Easter, it makes sense that they'd merge the two together.

As for a victory item, I'm kind of cheesed off about that as well, but I'll live. We don't need one, continuity is good enough. We got an EB avatar update, we got a manga update, we got high quality event items and we got a decent cash shop update for the event. We got an event that didn't end after we collected the first egg and we got an April fools event that didn't completely suck, but left a cliff hanger for us to get interest in the summer event to come.

Continuity crimsicle: we got it.
And with continuity restored in events, we earned hope for plot progression via events.
That's true but I'm a greedy oaf, I want! GIMME!

It just feels like our victory didn't mean squat to Gaia as a whole, our team and our members fought tooth and claw and just barely snuck up and took the event back at the end. Just a little recognition would have been nice. Even a mini comic resolution that wasn't a copy-pasta of the april fools grant would have been sufficient. I just feel as if things would have been different if cute had won, I could see some doofy cute victory item, a diedrich mini comic and whatever else. It felt like they were thinking "Oh s**t, they actually won? What do we do?" and just let it slide.

As it is, the event just ended. No reward, no victory speeches, nothing but hope. Granted the hope of REAL plot events again gets me moist in my driest undead places I can't help but want that little token that say we won.

The way things ended would have been the same even if cute won. We didn't have some elaborate ending for Cute prepared assuming it'd win. I was even expecting Anti-Cute to win by an even larger margin but it took much longer for them to catch up than I had anticipated.
Heh, sorry if I sounded a little ungrateful, we're just accustomed to getting a winning item grant for the team that comes out on top. I'm glad you had faith in us, we eventually got there. xD

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I'm cool with not victory item.

Our Victory itself was satisfaction enough.

Also, isnit kind of hard to figure out teams in this event? Or sommat? If someone collected 100 anti eggs and 101 cute eggs, they wouldn't have gotten the item, and that would have been s**t storm too.

-shrug- I didn't even pick up a single cute egg. I'm that good. razz

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
The Undead Suitor
Lord Lapin

And with continuity restored in events, we earned hope for plot progression via events.

Hopefully.

Though one event doesn't hold much hope.

Actually it's more likely they're just stretching this out so people don't ask

hey, what ever happened to that nyx fella?

Wait, you mean there are people who still actually care about that plotline?

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Uncle Kenny

Apparently I'm supposed to barrage you with puns.....

But the only one I can think of is terrible. Puns are terrible.

....You won't hear a PEEP more out of me.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Anaella
The Undead Suitor
Lord Lapin

Hopefully.

I... don't... like... at all... ever.

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Yeata Zi
Anaella
The Undead Suitor
Lord Lapin

Hopefully.

I tried getting into it way back in the beginning but by now I haven't even bothered reading the newer manga. I just CAN'T. I used to like Gino but now I can't even stand him anymore. EB is the only character left that I can bring myself to care about.

Plus airships piss me off. It's an oddly specific pet peeve of mine when it comes to fantasy stories.

Seasonal Shopper

I'm about half way done with my fanart for Easter Bunny, seeing everyone's else's lovely art in their signatures and stuff around here, made me want to draw him biggrin I'll post it here when I finish it.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Anaella
Yeata Zi
Anaella
The Undead Suitor
Lord Lapin

Hopefully.

I tried getting into it way back in the beginning but by now I haven't even bothered reading the newer manga. I just CAN'T. I used to like Gino but now I can't even stand him anymore. EB is the only character left that I can bring myself to care about.

Plus airships piss me off. It's an oddly specific pet peeve of mine when it comes to fantasy stories.
I just don't care about any of the characters.

I find myself like the kuros. Which is weird as s**t.

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Yeata Zi
Anaella
Yeata Zi
Anaella
The Undead Suitor
Lord Lapin

Hopefully.

Their backstory was way more interesting than anything else in the current story.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Anaella
Yeata Zi
Anaella
Yeata Zi
Anaella

Their backstory was way more interesting than anything else in the current story.
And Cordell has literally the best hair of any character on Gaia.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
...the Kuro backstory was one of the dumbest things in the current plot, I gotta disagree with you guys there sweatdrop

I liked them when they were first introduced, but now I can't stand them at all.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Lazarus Larkin
...the Kuro backstory was one of the dumbest things in the current plot, I gotta disagree with you guys there sweatdrop

I liked them when they were first introduced, but now I can't stand them at all.

-shrug- That was kind of my point.

Of everything going on right now, I liek the Kuros.

I've sort of hated the Gaia plot ever since GODS got added to the story.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Yeah, I kind of agree.

And it's just... new characters all the time for some reason. >.< Including ones that were supposed to just be april fool's jokes.

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Lazarus Larkin

The ENTIRE plot is dumb but I liked the storytelling style they used for that backstory bit.

Aged Raider

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Brandisher 100
Yeata Zi
Lazarus Larkin

-shrug- That was kind of my point.

Of everything going on right now, I liek the Kuros.

I've sort of hated the Gaia plot ever since GODS got added to the story.

The last thing I liked was the ghost plot, but I am not sure if that even counts. I think if they actually made it official plot it would have been better. I'm not a huge fan of the never ending Gods plot, and I dislike it more that it makes the users feel less involved. It is like actually reading a Manga rather than showing the current events. I guess I like being part of the world rather than just watching it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff