Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Smoker

Narumi Misuhara
le iggy
Anaella
Narumi Misuhara
Anaella

It seems to be a common theme on Gaia that we have to get really pissy about something before we get an actual serious answer to our questions. I mean, I'm glad Narumi came to clear things up but it shouldn't have to come to this every time. If he'd simply told us all of that to begin with instead of badly conveyed sarcastic remarks there never would have been any bitching. We're not psychic and we don't know what's going on behind the scenes so of course we're going to make assumptions based on what info we do get.

User Image

Actually I only wandered in here because I saw this at the top and I wanted to see what you guys were discussing.

There will always be bitching regardless of what is or isn't said. Had I simply not said nothing people would complain, I explain things, people will still complain. Communicating with Gaian's as a staff member has taught me sometimes you'll just have to suck it up because we can't win.

Well of course there will always be those who are completely unpleasable no matter what you say, but some of us do appreciate knowing what's actually going on so we can understand why things are the way they are.

User Image

This.

@Narumi: While our problems might not be as important to you as a "account issue or bug fix," does that make them any less deserving of a straightforward answer? As the saying goes, there's a time and a place. If you see Gaians who are genuinely upset, no matter how trivial the matter, that is definitely not the time or place to put your troll masks on. Thank you for coming in and having an honest talk with is, but like Anaella said, it shouldn't have to come to this every time.

Everyone is deserving of a straightforward answer thus why I'm explaining now that I have time to. If my replies to specific people seem "trolly" (though I hardly consider being sarcastic as being a troll) then it's very likely whatever I was replying to was very pointed and or accusatory which of course I'm not going to appreciate.

People being upset or angry when making a request or raising concerns is fine but you have to be able to present your case objectively with as little of that anger or adverse emotion as possible, otherwise all that comes through is the anger and then the reply just reads as an angry request which in general across any profession tends to elicit a deaf ear.

I completely agree. Though, I hardly think Kaurie's PMs to you were angry or accusatory. As for Suitor, it's general knowledge that he's brusque regardless of the situation. Thank you again, for replying.

Anxious Shapeshifter

@ Lapin: I'm not mad! But I'm happy that things are being worked out anyway.

I love it when things work out in the end.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
le iggy
Narumi Misuhara
le iggy
Anaella
Narumi Misuhara
Anaella

It seems to be a common theme on Gaia that we have to get really pissy about something before we get an actual serious answer to our questions. I mean, I'm glad Narumi came to clear things up but it shouldn't have to come to this every time. If he'd simply told us all of that to begin with instead of badly conveyed sarcastic remarks there never would have been any bitching. We're not psychic and we don't know what's going on behind the scenes so of course we're going to make assumptions based on what info we do get.

User Image

Actually I only wandered in here because I saw this at the top and I wanted to see what you guys were discussing.

There will always be bitching regardless of what is or isn't said. Had I simply not said nothing people would complain, I explain things, people will still complain. Communicating with Gaian's as a staff member has taught me sometimes you'll just have to suck it up because we can't win.

Well of course there will always be those who are completely unpleasable no matter what you say, but some of us do appreciate knowing what's actually going on so we can understand why things are the way they are.

User Image

This.

@Narumi: While our problems might not be as important to you as a "account issue or bug fix," does that make them any less deserving of a straightforward answer? As the saying goes, there's a time and a place. If you see Gaians who are genuinely upset, no matter how trivial the matter, that is definitely not the time or place to put your troll masks on. Thank you for coming in and having an honest talk with is, but like Anaella said, it shouldn't have to come to this every time.

Everyone is deserving of a straightforward answer thus why I'm explaining now that I have time to. If my replies to specific people seem "trolly" (though I hardly consider being sarcastic as being a troll) then it's very likely whatever I was replying to was very pointed and or accusatory which of course I'm not going to appreciate.

People being upset or angry when making a request or raising concerns is fine but you have to be able to present your case objectively with as little of that anger or adverse emotion as possible, otherwise all that comes through is the anger and then the reply just reads as an angry request which in general across any profession tends to elicit a deaf ear.

I completely agree. Though, I hardly think Kaurie's PMs to you were angry or accusatory. As for Suitor, it's general knowledge that he's brusque regardless of the situation. Thank you again, for replying.

You're correct my sarcasm to Kaurie was unjustified, just caught me right after I was reading some complaint threads in a similar vain. If you're reading this Kaurie, I'm sorry.

Sparkly Smoker

Narumi Misuhara
le iggy
Narumi Misuhara
le iggy
Anaella

User Image

This.

You're correct my sarcasm to Kaurie was unjustified, just caught me right after I was reading some complaint threads in a similar vain. If you're reading this Kaurie, I'm sorry.

3nodding Thank you.

Cat

Narumi Misuhara

I just want to make a quick point off topic, but semi related.

Part of customer service is trying to read between the lines of anger when a person presents their case emotionally. If it's a customer who bought something only to come home and find it broken or if it's a customer who got the wrong drink order, they should be heard out no matter how angry they may be, it is still the company's job to provide a service. For the business to be successful, it is best for the employees to use tact in situations with disgruntled customers.

I wanted to make this point because it feels like Gaia doesn't address this basic customer care in various areas when it comes to Gaians with unfavorable feedback. I've seen it in other situations and not just this one.

Gaia is still a service and the patrons of that service I feel should be treated with care.

(Butting back out, now. o: )

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Narumi Misuhara
le iggy
Narumi Misuhara
le iggy
Anaella

User Image

This.

Thank you, Narumi. I wasn't looking for an apology directly, but I appreciate it none the less.

---

Off topic, but my name has two 'r's in it. xD!!
KaRuRie.
It's okay though.

Sparkly Smoker

x Karurie x
Narumi Misuhara
le iggy
Narumi Misuhara
le iggy
Anaella

User Image

This.

Thank you, Narumi. I wasn't looking for an apology directly, but I appreciate it none the less.

---

Off topic, but my name has two 'r's in it. xD!!
KaRuRie.
It's okay though.

I apologize, I was on my at work on my phone and didn't have time to double check. sweatdrop

Hopeful Girl

Okie. I am game. 3nodding Thanks for answering us Narumi.

Psst! Any chance for EB to get his own Airship? ninja

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
that reminds me

where's our losing item

GobSlobTsu's Husband

Eerie Bunny

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Narumi Misuhara
Anaella

User Image

Have I ever said you were my favorite developer? ninja

Thank you for answering a lot of these post by the way, it really settled some haunting thoughts. People are quick to assume the worst and when they do, it spreads like wildfire until there is a voice out there to snuff it out.

Buggy Survivor

15,300 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Invisibility 100
The Undead Suitor
that reminds me

where's our losing item

what was the winning item? was there even a winner?

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
The Undead Suitor
that reminds me

where's our losing item

Everyone should have a "Cone of shame" item, took a couple of days to complete all the grants. The granting just finished this morning, and it should be in your inventory if you participated in the event on that account.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
Narumi Misuhara
The Undead Suitor
that reminds me

where's our losing item

Everyone should have a "Cone of shame" item, took a couple of days to complete all the grants. The granting just finished this morning, and it should be in your inventory if you participated in the event on that account.

but diedrich got a special item last year talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
The Undead Suitor
Narumi Misuhara
The Undead Suitor
that reminds me

where's our losing item

Yeah that's because one of the artists made the item themselves in their free time, it was not a required or requested item for the event. They requested it be given to the losing side and I saw no reason to turn down the request, the item was already made after all.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
Narumi Misuhara
The Undead Suitor
Narumi Misuhara
The Undead Suitor
that reminds me

where's our losing item

Yeah that's because one of the artists made the item themselves in their free time, it was not a required or requested item for the event. They requested it be given to the losing side and I saw no reason to turn down the request, the item was already made after all.

pfffff, no one offered to make an Easter Bunny item in their free time? Laaaaaaaaaame

i guess the demi-god of easter isn't moe enough to get an item on his own ruling holiday and junk

he's already a silver and blue robot with round eyes

maybe if he started quoting GIR from invader zim he could get some attention since that's whats kept Diedrich afloat so far.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff