Welcome to Gaia! ::

O.G. Ladykiller

29,325 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
Aze Combat
darkday15

♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫ -- -- --They actually did do achievements for it. 50 for making your first item + 4 tags.-- -- --♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫

Knew it. Gaia is so predictable

Cosmic Character

darkday15

♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫ -- -- --Verbs: Fused, Heart. Nouns: GO, Star.-- -- --♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫

Timely Advisor

Xashowd
Kazuma Ishimaru
Who wants to bet that before we get this, it has to be "funded" with a goldsink? :U

The Goldsinker strikes again!

Scythes, Watermelon, and Flowing Breezes.
These are the things that bring me Joy.

Considering the Leak seems to indicate it's nearing completion (And the fact that Gaia's left this topic up, admitting the Userbase knowing its existence and allowing it to continue), I highly doubt they'd pull a stunt like that. It's clearly not ready yet, but one thing's for sure...

Someone up at HQ is having a very bad night.

The Scythe Quest

*nudges*

>:3

(okay, not "funded", but I knew they'd pull a stunt like that)

Satisfied Gorilla - x's Partner In Crime

Shadowy Explorer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Marathon 300
idk what it's even for. it looks like another waste of money tho

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Tinier Me had something like that.

I think many users were hoping for something like this when Alchemy was being made. After all Tinier Me and several other names called their's Alchemy.

But the Alchemy on Gaia takes way too many objects >.< It will be like " Now go get 20-1,200 items. lol trololol." People considered it an Item Sink. Some people thought it counted as a Gold Sink. I just think it's overkill.

Hopefully, this will be like Tinier Me's version.

it's a pretty effective gold sink in the later levels. a component will cost 70k per try, and generally fail 15-20 times. and you need to make 10 components to level up crying

at least, i feel it's effectively draining me.

however, you can't really make anything with it anymore, cuz like you said, all those old items are gone and it hasn't been updated to use new items. the only things i've found reasonably fashionable only require stuff from caches :C

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Kazuma Ishimaru
Xashowd
Kazuma Ishimaru
Who wants to bet that before we get this, it has to be "funded" with a goldsink? :U

The Goldsinker strikes again!

Considering the Leak seems to indicate it's nearing completion (And the fact that Gaia's left this topic up, admitting the Userbase knowing its existence and allowing it to continue), I highly doubt they'd pull a stunt like that. It's clearly not ready yet, but one thing's for sure...

Someone up at HQ is having a very bad night.

The Scythe Quest

*nudges*

>:3

(okay, not "funded", but I knew they'd pull a stunt like that)

*Throws up their hands* Okay, okay...I can admit when I've been proven wrong. Gotta wonder whose bright idea This Goldsink was though...and why they're holding Alchemy hostage now (60 Tril needed for an Alchemy Update? Seriously? At this rate, we'll get a Goldsink just to get the Inventory Arranger...Wouldn't put it past them).

The Scythe Quest

Cosmic Character

Xashowd
(60 Tril needed for an Alchemy Update?)

♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫
It's not an Alchemy Update. They're simply doing that as a way to incorporate Alchemy items into the GoFusion activity.

Quote:
Donate 60 Trillion Gold!

Add Alchemy Items to GoFusion

♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Aze Combat
Xashowd
(60 Tril needed for an Alchemy Update?)

♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫
It's not an Alchemy Update. They're simply doing that as a way to incorporate Alchemy items into the GoFusion activity.

Quote:
Donate 60 Trillion Gold!

Add Alchemy Items to GoFusion

♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫

Huh. It didn't say that earlier when my Sister and I looked at it. It straight up said "Alchemy Update". Guess they changed it for clarification.

Guess in order to make this GO Fusion thing more useable for those who don't spend GC, we need to sink 60Tril. Well, bugger. While we did that much for the last Sink, the Manga was at stake. I'm not so sure people will rally for this one nearly as much.

The Scythe Quest

Cosmic Character

Xashowd

♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫ -- -- --I wouldn't be so sure. When Alchemy first came out, it was a big hit. You never know. People could give in to it. Then again, there's not exactly an obvious page-hit to get peoples' attention to the kickstart, so it could be a failure unless Gaia changes that.-- -- --♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫

Cosmic Character

♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫
[ That obvious page-hit I mentioned (done properly, I might add): ]
User Image

♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Aze Combat
Xashowd

♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫ -- -- --I wouldn't be so sure. When Alchemy first came out, it was a big hit. You never know. People could give in to it. Then again, there's not exactly an obvious page-hit to get peoples' attention to the kickstart, so it could be a failure unless Gaia changes that.-- -- --♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫

True. Unlike the other Gold Sinks, the little link icon up top takes the user to the GO Fusion page itself. Not everyone checks the GCD for Winter's Topics, and there are plenty of people who ignore announcements simply because of "Announcement Spam". If the Sink is to be funded, there will need to be a more obvious link.

True. Like I learned in a class I had a while ago there are four kinds of consumers. The Early Adopters, Early Majority, Late Majority, and the Laggards. The Early Adopters will certainly go nuts over this, those of us in the Early Majority needed certain convincing (i.e., a free way to obtain the Charms), and the rest are either still skeptical or will resist the new idea for a long time. This week will be GO Fusion's proving grounds, with the Sink, the Sales, and the MP determining how successful it ends up being.

The Scythe Quest

Cosmic Character

Xashowd

♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫
There's also this thread that states that User Image can be found in User Image! This saves the feature for Gaians that wish for less GC influence.

Edit: On the eighth bag I opened, I got a heart charm. Definitely a cheaper, gold alternative.

♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Aze Combat
Xashowd

♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫
There's also this thread that states that User Image can be found in User Image! This saves the feature for Gaians that wish for less GC influence.
♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫

Yep, I found that out as well. My Sister was on Gaia for the past few hours, but she was on my Laptop, so I watched her like a hawk. Got the updates as they happened, just wasn't able to post until a while ago.

Kinda sad that only the Hearts are in the Caches, but at least there's a way to snag them (How much you wanna bet we'll be seeing a lot less Caches in Dumpster Dive now?). I wonder if the Stars can be found in the Daily Chance...pretty sure the Diamonds and Wildcards will be locked behind GC (Aside from the few that can be obtained from the Sink/Sellers on the MP).

The Scythe Quest

Cosmic Character

Xashowd

♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫

That could be possible, or we may see more of them popping up in other ways. Didn't Gaia mention Aquarium and zOMG! updates along the way? Maybe they plan on slipping charms into the Animated and Fish drops. It would be a nice way to bring back other features that have pretty much died out.

♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Aze Combat
Xashowd

♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫

That could be possible, or we may see more of them popping up in other ways. Didn't Gaia mention Aquarium and zOMG! updates along the way? Maybe they plan on slipping charms into the Animated and Fish drops. It would be a nice way to bring back other features that have pretty much died out.

♫ ♪ ♥ ♪♫

I haven't heard anything about an Aquarium Update (and I check the GCD on a daily basis), and while zOMG is getting Maintenance, it's just Backend stuff right now (Bug Fixes and the like). Would be pretty cool if the Charms were drops from zOMG monsters, though. When it comes back up (Is it down right now? They never did say which day zOMG was being pulled down for the Maintenance), I plan on having some fun with zOMG again.

The Scythe Quest

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces