Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
I feel like everything that could be said has been said owo; Especially since this topic has been going on for a while.
Gaia does have a right to support itself as a business, that said I do dislike feeling like it's in my face every hour. A hundred notifications a day, fine I'll turn that off but now that GCash tab in it's new slot annoyed the hell out of me. It looks so out of place to me and kicks up my OCD, I just want to push it back to the end of the line.
I don't come around to the GCD much now but when this began there seems to be a lot of blame and guilt going around, to me at least. Are the players who spend money the reason why they are asking for more or the people not spending are causing the problem. I only spend GC that I earn and don't feel any guilt about it. I think I'm getting my money's worth at least. One item with a nice handful of poses will last me a long time. I'm not going to pretend I'm business savvy in any way, I live with two business majors who have tried explaining supply and demand to me and failed sweatdrop I'm not fond of the CEOs tactics, they can do their business-business-business-numbers thing, but I don't spend any more or less than I did prior to the changes, I'm good.

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Man, I feel super self conscious when my post lands at the top of a page...

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
allmostanyone
I feel like everything that could be said has been said owo; Especially since this topic has been going on for a while.
Gaia does have a right to support itself as a business, that said I do dislike feeling like it's in my face every hour. A hundred notifications a day, fine I'll turn that off but now that GCash tab in it's new slot annoyed the hell out of me. It looks so out of place to me and kicks up my OCD, I just want to push it back to the end of the line.
I don't come around to the GCD much now but when this began there seems to be a lot of blame and guilt going around, to me at least. Are the players who spend money the reason why they are asking for more or the people not spending are causing the problem. I only spend GC that I earn and don't feel any guilt about it. I think I'm getting my money's worth at least. One item with a nice handful of poses will last me a long time. I'm not going to pretend I'm business savvy in any way, I live with two business majors who have tried explaining supply and demand to me and failed sweatdrop I'm not fond of the CEOs tactics, they can do their business-business-business-numbers thing, but I don't spend any more or less than I did prior to the changes, I'm good.

That tab you can think of in this way... it's another tab to visit to get another DC freebie! mrgreen
That is what I do (no I dont have OCD, but I do think the tab is out of place and not even necessary. it's annoyingly redundant but apparently some people need it to make it easier to navigate)

A Snack

From what I can tell from your replies to others
      it honestly sounds like you hate gaia.
      and I don't know how you can be on gaia and hate it at the same time.
      You're just looking to start s**t really.
      If I don't like avocado I'm not going to continuously eat avocado. What is the point in that?
      Just so I can b***h about how its gross,
      and how other people who do like avocado are silly, and disgusting?
      If you don't want to support gaia, don't.
      You don't have to, but to call people "silly" for "playing" into the new CEO's hands, just
      because they still enjoy gaia, and they're willing to support and purchase things here because
      they still enjoy doing so, because its worth it to them, seems uncalled for.
      I personally don't buy GC, just because I can't.
      Otherwise, I'd probably drop a few bucks here and there.
      Because I still enjoy gaia overall.
      Also I don't understand what the "discussion" is here.

Calling Ladykiller

inkypon
      From what I can tell from your replies to others
      it honestly sounds like you hate gaia.
      and I don't know how you can be on gaia and hate it at the same time.
      You're just looking to start s**t really.
      If I don't like avocado I'm not going to continuously eat avocado. What is the point in that?
      Just so I can b***h about how its gross,
      and how other people who do like avocado are silly, and disgusting?
      If you don't want to support gaia, don't.
      You don't have to, but to call people "silly" for "playing" into the new CEO's hands,
      because they still enjoy gaia, and they're willing to support and purchase things here because
      they still enjoy doing so, because its worth it to them.
      I personally don't buy GC, just because I can't.
      Otherwise, I'd probably drop a few bucks here and there.
      Because I still enjoy gaia overall.
      Also I don't understand what the "discussion" is here.

This.
All of this.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
I don't think buying the LV/CS items off the MP is supporting the lab rat theory, nor am I going to get rid of all my nice items that i worked hard for to prove that.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Slick Southpaw

Agreed, but I don't understand why it still seems to be shocking to others. If anything, I find Gaia a lot less shady than those game apps and their microtransactions

"aww want more coins to buy this slot machine app?!
10k on sale for only 19.99$! -deletes app-

Sugary Cat

People should do with their money whatever they want. If they support Gaia then I'd like to thank them. They're keeping the site free for everyone else (You pay for that bit extra, everything else is free).

Destructive Aggressor

9,200 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Partygoer 500
Cresceres
Project Whatever
Ashi_Kisaki
Project Whatever
My sig says it all.

Ignorance is bliss. They choose to not see what this truly is about now.

Oh, this thread will probably get shoved to CB soon, the higher ups don't like it when people insult their new demented leader.

Well if it wasn't for us so called "fools" in your eyes, there would be no Gaia. How are salaries, servers, rent, taxes, etc. suppose to be paid without money? Gaia does not have a mommy and daddy to support it while it lives in the basement of it's parents home. Time to look at the big picture and realize this is a business.

Yes fools, this place was doing just fine before this guy. They had actual events, ones you didn't have to pay for, updates other then the crappy items and mostly poorly done recolors, re-re-re-re-leases, oh and the main thing that killed it all, gold gens. Gaia sold out, broke their own ToS, broke promises to us users all to make easy cash, and it worked, all they do now is re-release stuff, recolor anything that is sought after. In truth is it a genius business plan, very little work and MAJOR profit and screwing over 80% of the users.

And my god I am so sick of people throwing 'its a business' as a defense, its a crappy defense since they were doing just fine without this constant push for cash.

Gaia was DYING before this guy. They were laying off not just one or two artists, but ten at a time. I left because several of my favorite staff were laid off-- PRlSM, bara-chan, and several other people. Guess what? A majority of them are hired back now.

Oh, ok, let me tell you what you're referring to, you remember the Facebook guy? The CEO before this one? Yeah, he was the one that royally messed up, bad, with all those failed facebook games they pretty much destroyed their assets,shares and everything and they were indeed in trouble. I could've been more specific about when I was talking about, which was before these 2 goons got in.

But yeah, the facebook guy put Gaia in the red, badly, which is probably why they hired this new guy, once he got in he fired nearly all the devs, and artists, they he had to see what was the best, easiest, and cheapest way to get Gaia's shares back up, and it was simple. Sell Gold for Cash, and make more items, they tested it, it worked wonders so he hired the artists back to make more items to sell. He is a genius business-wise, but he still killed the soul of Gaia to do it.

Destructive Aggressor

9,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
maripositas
Project Whatever
My sig says it all.

Oh, this thread will probably get shoved to CB soon, the higher ups don't like it when people insult their new demented leader.

Your sig tells me that you reek of really judgmental behaviors because people do something that doesn't mesh with your ideology. I don't know but maybe the best thing would be to urge people to stop buying with the idea of hoarding (since hoarding is basically what the COO wants) and instead buy what they want with the added message of never supporting gold generators again.

Basically buy and use GC the way someone wants but knowing how not to get caught up in the hype.

In other words, much like ******** real life, buy with awareness.

I am full aware people can do whatever they want with their money, still doesn't change the fact they are supporting a site that literally sees us as 'lab rats'.

I'm honestly surprised they slowed down with the Gold Gens, I mean, they knew we hated them since they came out, but why did it take over a year to somewhat listen? Were they not selling well anymore? Dunno, but I was kinda surprised at it. Though it was a matter of time before they slowed down completely. I mean, they were running out of ideas on what to call them. Some of them are just.. lol

Magical Bunny

Project Whatever
Cresceres
Project Whatever
Ashi_Kisaki
Project Whatever
My sig says it all.

Well if it wasn't for us so called "fools" in your eyes, there would be no Gaia. How are salaries, servers, rent, taxes, etc. suppose to be paid without money? Gaia does not have a mommy and daddy to support it while it lives in the basement of it's parents home. Time to look at the big picture and realize this is a business.

Yes fools, this place was doing just fine before this guy. They had actual events, ones you didn't have to pay for, updates other then the crappy items and mostly poorly done recolors, re-re-re-re-leases, oh and the main thing that killed it all, gold gens. Gaia sold out, broke their own ToS, broke promises to us users all to make easy cash, and it worked, all they do now is re-release stuff, recolor anything that is sought after. In truth is it a genius business plan, very little work and MAJOR profit and screwing over 80% of the users.

And my god I am so sick of people throwing 'its a business' as a defense, its a crappy defense since they were doing just fine without this constant push for cash.

Gaia was DYING before this guy. They were laying off not just one or two artists, but ten at a time. I left because several of my favorite staff were laid off-- PRlSM, bara-chan, and several other people. Guess what? A majority of them are hired back now.

Oh, ok, let me tell you what you're referring to, you remember the Facebook guy? The CEO before this one? Yeah, he was the one that royally messed up, bad, with all those failed facebook games they pretty much destroyed their assets,shares and everything and they were indeed in trouble. I could've been more specific about when I was talking about, which was before these 2 goons got in.

But yeah, the facebook guy put Gaia in the red, badly, which is probably why they hired this new guy, once he got in he fired nearly all the devs, and artists, they he had to see what was the best, easiest, and cheapest way to get Gaia's shares back up, and it was simple. Sell Gold for Cash, and make more items, they tested it, it worked wonders so he hired the artists back to make more items to sell. He is a genius business-wise, but he still killed the soul of Gaia to do it.

No. They were laid off during facebook guy's reign. Lanzer and other admins make a statement and apology for not focusing on the website, also announces the new CEO and their new focus on the website. Also, Gaia does not have shares in the conventional way, as it is a private company. He improved Gaia's revenue, and opinions aside, it worked. They hired back those who were laid off.

EDIT: also i find it hilarious how you think making more items for an avatar site is killing the soul of it? the entire point of gaia is to dress up your avatar. i'm sorry, but the forums are secondary. they will always be secondary.

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
Uncle Kenny, didn't he say they were never in the red but that their profit margin was as such that the site as it was, was not sustainable?

Special Snowflake

Nah, I don't think the comparison's fair.

The term "lab rat" and "dopamine theory" were in response to use of selling chance items. In particularly chance items that granted gold. This was meant to mimic the dopamine theory by the instant gratification reward, in this case masses of gold.

Users using the cash shop and it's items in the MP aren't supporting this unless they subscribe to the buy gold generators mentality. Other items can't be related in the same way to a dopamine rush, bar RIGs, but the amount of "win" factor is decidedly much less in any RIG that isn't a gold one- so it can't be compared, nor can it be purported to be supporting it.

Magical Bunny

Sheshira
Uncle Kenny, didn't he say they were never in the red but that their profit margin was as such that the site as it was, was not sustainable?

Yes.

Fleep, an ex-developer, mentioned before how Gaia was in the red, but that was during the time they were developing zOMG. It was an explanation for several different sponsorships they recently were acquiring, which unsurprisingly garnered the same response as now. People will always, always find a way to cry about how Gaia's dying, how its soul is gone, because that's what you do on the internet.

Complain.

The very spirit of the GCD, tbh.

Destructive Aggressor

9,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
Cresceres
Project Whatever
Cresceres
Project Whatever
Ashi_Kisaki
Project Whatever
My sig says it all.

No. They were laid off during facebook guy's reign. Lanzer and other admins make a statement and apology for not focusing on the website, also announces the new CEO and their new focus on the website. Also, Gaia does not have shares in the conventional way, as it is a private company. He improved Gaia's revenue, and opinions aside, it worked. They hired back those who were laid off.

Yes, they laid off a few during facebook guys reign, but was also because his focus on facebook killed Gaia and had to do something then things didn't work out very well. I recall the new guy saying that, but this was not what I thought he meant, yes it worked, he's made Gaia so much cash it's indeed amazing, but like I said, he broke promises and their own ToS to do it. Which is what I really don't like. I'm sure they could've recovered doing other things, but I'm sure they took this route because it was the easiest and cheapest, despite pissing off the majority of the site.

Also, no matter what happens anywhere, it here on Gaia, on the internets, and in real life, people will find something to complain and b***h about. Gotta love the freewill thing, it'll never make this world united. Meh, now I'm just rambling, I think I've said enough on this topic, was nice chatting with you. (not being sarcastic either)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff