Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Codger

For many, the ultimate goal on Gaia is to achieve a "Dream Avatar" - presumably the one avatar that is one's ideal, that can't be improved upon, .that makes one feel like one has created a perfect design, almost a work of art, so to speak.

But once one achieves that "Dream Avatar"....what's next?

For those still questing their "Dream Avatar," what do you plan to do on Gaia after you achieve it?

For those who have achieved their "Dream Avatar," how are you spending your time on Gaia now? Do you feel differently about the site and what is fun to do on Gaia now that you've achieved such a big goal?

Wild Glitch

29,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Magical Gems 500
I personally don't think there truly is an avatar that can't be improved on, but with that being said, my avi doesn't change unless I find something new I like to put on it so I have the free time between rigs to wait until I determine if I like anything from it. In that time I usually spend it not on gaia but rather playing video games, reading, and with my family and when I do show up it was to chat, but lately I've found a new past time buying little pixel art of cute foods and drinks. It's cheap and as long as I can vend things like pink links and other rare appearing items that I have collected while searching for art, I can afford to keep doing this in the mean time. Though the backlash of this is I can't stop dreaming about purchasing pixel art...

Tricky Saint

I'd say I'm there; there is not much I desire as I'm able to create much from what I already have.
Now I'm just remaining idle in the confines of material satisfaction.

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
I've never really had a dream avatar, just items I'd like to have to make a cool avatar. I usually move on to the next shiny thing I want to have. There's always something I want.
『「

I've gotten every item,
I've ever wanted.

I still love gaia,
and I still love dressing up my avatar.
Messing with different ideas and poses with the items I have is always fun.
I enjoy talking to friends and running around in towns like an idiot just as much as I did when I didn't have these items.
Yet I feel slightly better,
I feel more confident and happy.
Its shallow of me to find happiness it material possessions,
but we all do.
So I guess that would be my after story.

」』

Striking Sex Symbol

I used to have a dream avatar. I've found that once I've completed one, there's always another avatar/colour scheme that I want to work on. sweatdrop
Now I just make avatars to match new items, or just because I felt like it. wink

Mewling Kitten

I think I will do just what I always do. Go to Forums, play Gaia games, maybe start zOMG too, go to chats, normal things you know. 3nodding Maybe create a new dream avatar if there is an item that has caught my interest. First, I have to learn to use this site again. neutral

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Harmony of Elements 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
I finished my dream avatar 9 years ago, the same year when I first joined Gaia Online. I don't wear it much now and I spend the rest of my time reading, lurking, playing Gaia's games (HoC and Fishing, sometimes Rally racing with friends) and/or posting in new and old threads.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
My attention span is too short for a "dream avatar". sweatdrop
I change my outfits so often that I could never commit to just one and never have.
I have "dream items" though, and those were mostly just backwings, which I have obtained~

Mythical Celebrator

13,025 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Josey
For many, the ultimate goal on Gaia is to achieve a "Dream Avatar" - presumably the one avatar that is one's ideal, that can't be improved upon, .that makes one feel like one has created a perfect design, almost a work of art, so to speak.

But once one achieves that "Dream Avatar"....what's next?

For those still questing their "Dream Avatar," what do you plan to do on Gaia after you achieve it?

For those who have achieved their "Dream Avatar," how are you spending your time on Gaia now? Do you feel differently about the site and what is fun to do on Gaia now that you've achieved such a big goal?

Good question Josey.

Ikr. For me, after getting the dream avatar I want, I suddenly go apathetic about logging in to Gaia.
It's as if I lost a reason to login already. hahaha!

But I still have dream items like poti. DAT LUCIFERWINGS WILL BE MINE MWEHEHEHEHEHE.--- *coughcoughcoughhackhackwheeze*
Help other users to achieve theirs? whee

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Little-Missy-Moo
Your avatar looks like its right out of 2004.
Hi-Potion
Little-Missy-Moo

I felt nostalgic as of 30 minutes ago. xd

Some modern day items, hair and eyes are used however. 3nodding

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Little-Missy-Moo
Hi-Potion
Little-Missy-Moo

I felt nostalgic as of 30 minutes ago. xd

Some modern day items, hair and eyes are used however. 3nodding
I wish I picked up AFK and OMG when they were 12 and 20 mil xD;;

Kawaii Lunatic

I change my avatar too often to be confined to a dream avatar.
Besides, knowing they'll push ten more items into the cash shop the next day makes me not wanna settle for what's already been released.

If I make an avatar I like enough to keep fr a few days I usually just get some art of it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff