Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
psychodic_maniac
I have been on here for quite some time.
I stay because I have a few Roleplayers that I use but most of the ones I looked so forward too have quite as well...
Sadly I hate that it has become a pay-to-play.
I don't know how much longer I will be staying. I have already started looking around for another roleplay site, I might not even get on once I learn how to run about those new sites.

I love roleplaying its my relaxation. I wish Gaia wouldn't turn into what it is.

Gaia has not become pay-to-play. While there has been an excessive cash pushing as of the recent year, it is not pay-to-play. Pay-to-play means that you have to pay to do anything, including logging in and using the forums. Everything on Gaia is still free and you can get cash shop items in the MP, even if they are pricey nowadays. Not a lot of sites offer users the chance to buy stuff from the cash shop in the MP. Plus, you can still enjoy the site without the whole dressing up your avatar fancy.

Generous Bunny

21,975 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
▸ Rain Season ◂

Hotorobi
Too much time and dedication to let gaia go

This^ is why I still stay...
Also its because the other games I play such as LoL/Maplestory/OSU! all require me to surrender a portion of my time together to focus on it(in league you can't do anything except league for usually 30-45mins), while for gaia I can be on for 5mins and walk away for 10 and come back and resume what I was doing.

Quote:

What makes you stay?
What are your fond memories of this site?
Do you find yourself drawn to other similar sites as a refugee?
Have you experienced friends quitting this site? Why did they leave?
Have you considered quitting? Why?

1. (answered above)
2. none currently, possibly when there was still christmas carolling in towns?
3. nope, they don't appeal to me =
4. tons, they left prior to uni and left because they preferred other games and sites (exp. tumblr)
5. I have quit a while back only to come back since my other game bored me or took up a big chunk of my daily life to focus on it and it usually ends up crashing 1/2 the time.

▸ Rain Season ◂

Sparkling Senshi

10,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Gaian 50
I only came back to pick up the freebies for Easter. I don't offer money to gaia anymore or hangout here. Yet, I still have some hope that they're going to dump out the ceo soon.

Shy Explorer

I stay because I want to see how high the Sainte Ciel Agape's price can be biggrin !

Skilled Raider

Well, I never really quit, but I keep Account-hopping.
I think I might settle down on this Account now, tho.

It's not my main, now as we speak, but I just don't like my main anymore.
I don't even know why.
Whenever I make my main pretty, I feel the items are wasted on it xD

I love the name I got here. I missed a few events/achievements tho, but that's not the end of the world.
It is a cosplay/rp account, but I opened up a while ago.
Renzo isn't wearing the same damn clothes all the time anyway.
I mix rp up with private chatter, and so far, no one really bothered about that xD

Just transferring stuff around, that's going to be the tiring part ID

As for the reason to stay, I love to dress my Avi up, despite inflation. I can buy small amounts of gc here and there, so it works out for me.
Also, I like to talk with ppl here.
Sure, I have my grumpy days, where I feel like everyone is ignoring me and all give me only rude answers in Threads xD

At such moments, I avoid Gaia now, and just draw something, until my bad mood fluctuates again. That way, I make no one angry and I save myself some nerves xD

Blessed Hero

I'm still here on and off because I still get enjoyment out of playing the games and chatting in forums. I ant to start getting into some good roleplays again for some character development, because that helps me break out of writers block pretty well.

I still like dressing up with what I have, newer items don't always catch my eye. I can only get offers cash, so I spend what little I can get if there's something appealing, but my style tends to drift more towards old styles anyway XD

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I stay because:

• I met my husband here.
• I have friends here. I like those friends.
• I do enjoy the items and the community.
• It's STILL free to play.

If the day comes that there is a mandatory monthly fee to log on, then I'll leave. But until then, I'm staying here. I'm staying here until the bitter end. If I couldn't find a reason to leave in the last 10 years, I'm probably not going to find a reason to leave in the next few months.

Exhibitionist

14,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Magical Girl 50
The reason I stay is because I really only go to three websites whenever I get on my computer.
Gaia. Facebook. Tumblr. In that order.
And Gaia has always been an addiction. But, lucky for me, I've stopped spending money on this site quite some time ago.

Gatekeeper

I stay because I like all you GCD people! <3.

And like many others it's been waaaay too long and I can't just break the Gaia habit. Cold turkey all over the place if I tried and I'm weak.

Friendly Bear

- I stay for friends. I talk to them more than my rl friends lol.
- avatars. I like seeing new items and make outfits too that is if I can afford them. if not, I'll just stare from afar... xD.
- art. I do art here. and stalk find great artists to follow on tumblr/dA! x)

Magical Bunny

yum_strawberry the dress up feature.

yum_strawberry the cute little freebies + events.

yum_strawberry lurking discussion threads.

pretty much. ;__;
      gaia is undeniably addicting, no matter how many times i try to 'quit', i end up coming back.
      it's difficult to visualize myself not using gaia, pretty sad hahaa. ~

Business Hero

8,325 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I stand corrected, I just got three gifts, wearing all three. I don't expect stuff like that to happen often but it is good to see people actually wanting to do right by others without expecting much back in return.

Fashionable Nerd

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

♥ ♥

I stay because why the hell not? I have invested way too much time, money
and energy to ever consider leaving no matter how bad things might get. It's
how I choose to live, is all. I still have fun lurking and posting in the forums,
especially when funny s**t hits the fan. It's been a good month in the GCD,
huhuu~

I have experienced people I know leave the site, or cut back considerably on
how much time they spend on here. It doesn't make much difference to me
since I wouldn't say I'm super friends with them anyway. I notice the hostility
in status' at times and yada yada. But I still stay.. the impending s**t storms
keep me. I love my avatar too, and I would never settle for any other avatar/
dress up site again.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Beloved Nerd

I log on daily JUST to see what new items pop up and if any are of interest to me.
9/10 times the items don't interest me OR are just way too expensive in the MP XD
Otherwise..I don't REALLY have friends on here nor do most forums interest me anymore.
I used to frequent the Chatterbox but the older I got I just realized that it's just full of a bunch of teens that bully others.

Aged Fox

Let's see, I stay on Gaia because I've been here for just far too long and I do still really enjoy being on here. The amount of cash related announcements really don't bother me all that much neither do the ads. Maybe its because I've always been a lurker posting only sometimes here and there and most always in the GCD. Though I do miss my old gang that I always hung out with in my earlier years that I'd rp with.

I've tried out other sites and they just didn't compare to Gaia. I've invested just too much time and energy here to want to start over from scratch somewhere else. I've had friends leave but I never knew their reasons. They probably just got bored with it. I myself have never taken a hiatus in the 7 years I've been on here and not once has the thought of quitting crossed my mind.

Gaian for life!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces