Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Noob

I've been on for years, so i probably won't quit ever 4laugh I've found myself retreating to the CB and rps and heart I've had tons of friends quit but I've also met lots of new ones

mskeaton1's Wife

LoliPop Princess

40,850 Points
  • Candyland Heaven 500
  • Loli Pop Treasure Hunter 500
I've been a member for almost 11 years. So at this point in my life, Gaia gives me a sense of calm in a world full of bullshit.

Zack Mcdol's Widow

Dedicated Dabbler

17,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

I still get a kick in dressing up my avatar. I think if I wasn't into Gaia, I'd have a couple of American Girl dolls to sate that dress-up want in me. And because I have an inexplicable anime-level of hope within me, I really would like to see what Gaia can do with itself in the years to come.

Big Member

ive considered quitting a lot. im not quite sure why i havent? except i like my avi a lot. she is ******** cute. i love dressing her up so much that i make time to go online near every day just to make her cute and draw her again and again and again. generally i like looking at and sketching other peoples avis too.

its not a good reason, hell its probs not even a good ENOUGH reason to stick around, but i still do.

fml.

xRedHatx's Wife

Original Grunny

26,065 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Generous 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
I've been here since 2004. I've seen a lot of changes on here. Some not so great. But I stay. I have too much time and money invested to leave. I'll be here til Gaia dies or I die. Sad, but true. xd

Perfect Saint

Sunk so much money.

Hesitant Speaker

20,975 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Gender Swap 100
I use this site because I value the community and think many of you guys are great people that are interesting to talk to. I don't want to lose that connection.

Plus, this site's avatar system is miles ahead of most other forum/avatar sites, but that's unrelated.

Barton Elder

29,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
I'm still having fun. I still like dressing up my avi. I still like participating in events. I still like shopping and hanging out in the forums. I still like doing the little things (daily chance, dumpster dive).

When I'm not having fun anymore, that's when I'll quit.

A Snack

User Image Honestly? Not a damn thing, out of habit I guess.
        I use to say the avatars but since I can't afford anything anymore, I can't even say that.
        Lately I've been able to ween off of gaia a little
        I lasted 3ish days without logging on (today being my first day back on)
        which is a record (I've gone longer before but this was self induced not circumstantial).
        I use to love gaia just for the community this lasted until very recently actually.
        I still think gaia has a very loyal, very fun closeish knit community but it also harbors a lot of negativity which is a huge turn off.
        I'm sure one day I will eventually stop logging on for good
        I hope.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Although in recent times there's been a general sense of distrust between users and staff, I feel like our current GM and some other key members of staff are doing a good job rekindling that feeling of a "solid community of users, admins, and developers working hand." Considering how low the approval rating for the staff was just a few months ago, I think they've managed quite the rapid turnaround so far, and I find that very encouraging.

My main--well, only home is the GCD. It gets a little slow here sometimes, but I'm sure I could find some other forums to hang out in, if I was willing to get ouf of my comfort zone. sweatdrop

I stay for the friends, for the community, for the events, the items, and to see what features will get unveiled somewhere down the road. Some of my fondest memories are of the early early days, though they're probably tinted by nostalgia. Objectively speaking, the site is much better now than it was in 2005. Better items, better servers, better features. Aside from the ******** economy, I'd say it's a pretty good time to be a Gaian... although we do suffer from a bit of overchoice. lol

I also have pretty fond memories of the Zurg Event... but that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

I've tried other avatar-based sites, but I couldn't stick with any other than Gaia. I'm afraid there's just no replacing it. And yes, I've seen friends go--even the ones that brought me here in the first place. But other friends have stayed, and I've made new friends along the way. That's just how life goes, you know?

I have considered quitting, and even taken a very long hiatus which I thought I might never come back from. But something seems to keep bringing me back.

Thirteenth Bilge rat

29,025 Points
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Because I was high.

Lunatic

I started gaia in 2005, and i stay for the same reasons i've always stayed.
i stay for the cute s**t and getting to play some mini games. i've always been a lurker and never had that many friends on the site... Soooooo, that hasn't changed. Nor does it encourage me or deter me from leaving.

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

cb is the only reason why i ever log in anymore tbh

if gaia got rid of cb, i'll just quit

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
I've invested way too much time and money in this place to just leave. I'm also afraid that, if I take a little hiatus, I'll come back and billions will turn to trillions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff