Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cursed Hunter

39,400 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
What else am I going to do while I stay up all night? lol.

I spend a majority of my free time drawing, if I'm drawing I'm sitting at my desk. Gaia is nad has been a nice place for me to hang around and chat with people while I do this. I like my friends here and if I'm kind of art blocked on what to do personally.. there's always someone looking for art.

not interested in any other sites and I've never really joined or participated in the forums of any place else online, so if I wasn't here I suppose I'd only be on skype lol.

96kathy's Significant Otter

Shy Nymph

11,500 Points
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
i've been here for almost 7 years,,
i was on hiatus for a while because gaia wasn't interesting to me anymore but i came back for roleplaying. uvu;; i'm also a regular at a thread in gaia international.
plus i love my avi!
I've been on here for 8 years and left about three or four years ago but returned when the whole "Flynn's Booty" fiasco started. I came back mainly because of the avatars and I felt like making cosplays again like the good-old days. Too bad everything now is inflated to s**t and buying things is worthless now.

Ironically, my current gold amount would be enough to afford me most of the items I'd ever need about a few months ago.

Special Snowflake

I stay for the events, item updates, and the few friends I made over the years.

Overall, it's that I've already invested time here, I'm reluctant to let it go.... also I enjoy dressing my barbie doll up xd

I very neeeeeeeeeeearly rage quit last year, but after I took a step back I realised I was getting worked up over nothing really. When I thought about it, it just feels like Gaia's reverted to 2003-04 economics where only the donators (in 2003)/GC spenders (2014) can get the cool items. When I realised it, I actually began enjoying myself more on the site.
I was thinking about this today!
Honestly, I stay because of all the memories - all the times I was a lonely teenager and Gaia made me really happy & was something I enjoyed. It's not so much the case now, but I can't bring myself to give all my things away and leave. I can't afford any new items, but I still like playing around with what I have

Filipino Marshmallow

53,500 Points
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • ⋆⋆⋆ Proud to be Pinoy! ⋆⋆⋆ 500
  • Gaia Artist Alley Box Achievement 500
Because I'm still hoping that one day, I'll be able to wear the things that I love but are still too impossible to own at the moment.. :"<

Wild Bookworm

I almost left, Gaia had become quite dull a while back. Now, whether anyone finds it has become better or worse over the past 12 months or so, it's not dull! Insane, maybe, but definitely at an interesting point. I'm curious to see what's going to happen from here.
Also, it distracts me from the less pleasant aspects of reality.
Yes, some of my dear friends here have left, or may simply be lurking, or have changed accounts, but making new friends is always good biggrin
And I really enjoy the avatars.

Enduring Hero

I have friends on here which is mainly why i'm staying. There's also the fact that i'm in a joint auction.
For the most part, it's a mix of hoping that things will get better and that it's routine that I check gaia. orz

Newbie Traveler

I always go on hiatus - very long ones.. But I always come back. I do it out of habit I guess.. that and because I really don't have anything to do in the Internet other than read news and visit Gaia. So when I go online, I visit here.

Fluffy Trickster

The roleplay in Gaia, it is still going strong and flourishing
it is enjoyable because in there, what you wear doesn't matter much unless you use starter clothes
Say goodbye to Item!

I also enjoy RP Guild, even if many aren't developed or last long enough

I can't go into hiatus or leaving since I am always a part of a certain rp that I can't just abandon them sweatdrop

Mega Noob

yooo so much sunk cost bias up in hurrr.
i still enjoy posting on forums and dressing up, simple as that.

Bunny

I've spent too much time and money to abandon ship!
I've found making personal quests (not for outrageous items) such as collecting every colour of an item etc (going for cherubim wings now) and it keeps me happy. c:

yum_strawberry What makes you stay?
I stay because I still have many strong roleplays going. It's not just the Avatar system that is the draw to gaia for me.
yum_strawberry What are your fond memories of this site?
All the different roleplays I have had here, how much I have developed as a writer thanks to all of the partners that I have had over the years.
yum_strawberry Do you find yourself drawn to other similar sites as a refugee?
Not at all.
yum_strawberry Have you experienced friends quitting this site? Why did they leave?
Not because of the inflation. More because life gets busy and they disappear without a word. Which sucks when that happens.
yum_strawberry Have you considered quitting? Why?
Not at all. I was on hiatus for a couple years but I found my way back!
i'v been here from 04 so 10 years now on this site , i couldn't quit even if i tried, i'm so use to going on here ,i do have more periods of going on it 1or2x a month or so
i'v seen many friends go and only a handful stayed , i stay for them to , for those ppl
my best memory was how hard it was to even get 40 K , and how much ppl liked my old avi's , nice compliments , how i made a lot of friends and enjoyed playing with all of them
i stay on gaia mainly because its a nice switch of reality ^^
i don't bother going to other sites like this xp i meen i have all the items i ever wanted back wen i was in 04 just starting .
i quit once but came back after 2 years so yeah i know if i ever would quit i'd come back somehow :p

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff