Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

(OoC: Boo for RL stuff :p And no, to the best of my following we're still in the same day. Just at night now.)

Talon stared at the offered drink for a long moment, smelling it from a distance, before finally taking it and swigging the brew down. It was potent, and harsh; just the way Grotham liked it, as Talon had gathered. A few more of these and the half-demon might even get drunk for the first time in years. That thought stuck with Talon as he sensed eyes on him, raising his own dazzling azure blue eyes to meet Blaze's golden ones. Their eyes locked for a long moment, the woman biting her bottom lip, before she turned back to Hartia and Talon to Grotham. A little out of character, Talon smiled and set the glass down in front of the dragon for a refill.

Business needed to come before pleasure, even if that pleasure was very tempting. Shaking away any lingering thoughts of either Hartia or Blaze....or perhaps both....Talon brought his now-serious gaze upon his draconic friend and the nearby Ronin. "The man I came in with is named Leon Akiri," Talon began simply, his voice low but still audible to any who would want to listen. "He is a very dear and very old friend of mine. Very old. From nearly two centuries ago.

"Long ago, when I came to this world, I was quite a lost man in my own right, that I was. My homeworld had been consumed by a creeping darkness, a devouring demonic entity known as the Heartless. I had managed to escape in tact, after loosing my first wife, with no one in tow but my daughter Hallia. I was in a new world, a different place where there was a lesser premium on honor. Being a samurai on Gaia was a fine lifestyle, but it was not a profession as it had been on Meta. After a few years of scrounging, I met Leon....he was a talented alchemist working for the military. Leon saw a talent in me as well, and soon I was enlisted and quite frankly, outranking him!"
Talon paused to chuckle at that last bit, and gave his drink a swig. Already, the half-demon was feeling a little effect from the drinks. Considering he hardly drank anymore, it wasn't too much of a surprise.

"Leon and I made a fantastic team, but our team wasn't complete until his wife entered the picture. The three of us could do anything, and we began to! But as humans, their time on this planet was very limited indeed. Leon and his wife, Mina, never saw the fruit of their life's labors before the chill hands of death took them....and yet, here I sit with the knowledge that my dear friend yet lives again. It would appear that Avis and her father are Leon's descendants....and wanted to contact him for information on our work together. But when Leon came through the gates...." Talon trailed off again. He'd seen attempts at human transmutation before, they were never pretty and never successful. "The attempt itself killed Dr. Lorens and Avis, the laws of Alchemy taking their lives in exchange for his. But Alchemy cannot create life that way; it creates hollow, soulless abominations who are but broken shells of their former selves when one tries to raise the dead. Creatures called Homunculi, destined to cause death and destruction. I know all of this, yet I....could not bring my sword to bear on the visage of my old friend. Abomination or not, he has the same laugh, Grotham."

Talon sighed and sat back, his keen ears picking up on the sound of a shower shutting off. Talon mentally shrugged and drained another glass, leaning back his head of long, silver hair and groaning softly.

With:

HaJoeKen

lizardman ((mummyman3))

Hartia Raye Pendragon

l-holyyshittits-l

Where:
The Bar

OG Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
Grotham listened carefully to Talon's story and nodded, "Well homunculai or not, you saw him as your former friend Talon. There is nothing more strong than that bond of friendship, but if all homunculai are as you say, then the next course of action would be up to you. Either spare him, or end him, the choice must be yours and the burden of the consequences will lie on your shoulders." He said repeating the same information that Radu his old flight instructor had told him, it was a wise saying and all too true in the end, because the decision was Talon's to make Grotham could only give advice to lead him down the right path.

((it got settled yay!))

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

Hartia might have been metrosexual, however, that just meant he loved to look good. He cared about his appearance as much as a woman, granted he didn't wear make up. Even his black nails were naturally that glossy. But, in terms of literal sexuality, he was completely Heterosexual. Though he couldn't shake the vibe that Talon being an alternate universe version of him, was just as attractive as himself. And he did turn himself on. If any man could have a chance at any near experience with the Cambion, it would be yet another Cambion, so close to himself it wasn't even funny. They were almost twins. He caught a glance at Talon, when he gazed upon Blaze and then himself. He had that look in his eye, like an animal, priming for the hunt. A feeling and a look Hartia knew well. His green eyes narrowed as he grinned wide. Sure he was married, but in Hartia's culture and even his current relationship, it was fine for one to build a family of multiple partners. Granted instead of just gathering woman that could only flock to him, he allowed those women to see men on their own accord. He was poly-amorous, and it worked. After all, he wouldn't feel guilty if Nova was around to begin with. And he'd feel even less guilty if she wanted in as well. Surely she knew what she married when she chose to marry it?

"I wouldn't know dear, you'd have to ask around. Lest you earn yourself a free sample."

H
e mused into a giggle before swigging the bottle again. He licked his lips. How was it that she took the words right out of his mouth, and used them against him? He wasn't sure if the previous sarcasm was carried over, teasing him about his feminine characteristics as if he might be Homo or Bisexual. Or if it was a legitimate but strangely placed tease. Despite his lack of seen or heard masculinity, it would be a sore mistake to fool one's self into considering he was any sort of lesser man. He was one of the toughest that could be made. Just like Blaze warming up to the idea of him, this pretty boy managed to get s**t tons of more woman than any of the the manly men he knew. Except his best friend Gustave, he's gay.

"Would you like to get out of here? I'm sure I can get a room, and bring more booze...."

H
e paused before leaning hin, his green eyes flashing a glance at Talon again as he whispered in Blaze's ear.

"Perhaps you could convince him to join us? I notice the way he sees you, and you him."

S
itting back up, he would decidedly call out to Talon whom had just told a short story that he obviously missed.

"Sir Talon, I feel the need to request a room. Perhaps you could show me to one of your finest? Which reminds me, while we're at it, I did have a tad bit of business to discuss with you regarding Venantium."
••.•´¯`•.•• ••.•´¯`•.•• •´¯`•´ вℓαzє мαяιє яσℓℓαη∂ ••.•´¯`•.•• ••.•´¯`•.•• •´¯`•´
- :: The Hound of Hell :: -
User Image
Did the female want the Cambion ? Well sorta, she wanted a lay, not anything else from him. Haunting hues locked in on Talons heavenly blue ones, his having a story to tell, Blaze's just wanting him to come over. Peeling her eyes away from him, the female returned her gaze back over to Hartia as he mentioned a hotel room but Blaze was about to shock the male. "I'm sorry hun, but I'm going to have to decline your request, I actually think I'm going to go home or maybe get a room for myself." The demonness told him honestly, not really knowing what else to say besides that she wanted to drink away. It was clear to see that the female had been rejected, probably for good reason in his eyes but not in hers...In fact it was her first rejection. Pouring herself another glass and probably her last, Blaze chugged the contents down, ignoring the burn of the liquor and the rejection. She threw down extra money on the counter top for a room. "Talon, sorry to interrupt you, may I have a room ?" The female decided to stay, a tone of disappointment in her voice as she pushed the stack of money towards the middle of the bar. "Oh and this bottle too..." Blaze added, throwing in a fake smile.

The demonness entered the room, stripping of her clothes and leaving only her undergarments and sitting on the bed. Golden hues scanned the place before chugging down the rest of the bottle. 'I guess I'm loosing my touch... Blaze thought to herself before placing the empty bottle on the dresser and laying down in the bed, barley concealing her rump in the covers and passing out, would the man named Talon join her ?

XXXXXXXXWhere: BarWith: DemonMood: Hmmm...interested.
Hartia Raye Pendragon

Talon Sky
Ronin
User Image

In between the male cambion attempting to woo the female demon, and Talon leaving for a moment and then coming back with a friend, and Grotham still drinking that strange liquor, Ronin had been spacing out for a moment, reminiscing of his old training days as a young samurai in his home village. Downing his beer, he then let out a satisfied sigh and then turned his attention towards Talon, who was explaining his friendship with his friend, Leon. "Two centuries ago? Man...it's like everyone here's got a couple hundred of years for them and I'm just a mere 23. Must be nice to have a long lifespan, but oh well. I'm still human and totally cool with it"
During Talon's life story, he then mentioned being a samurai in Gaia. "A samurai, huh? Yeah...I could feel his ancient samurai damashi. As Talon went on, Ronin could sense a certain sadness within the white haired samurai, especially upon mentioning Avis and Dr. Lorens. It seems they were alchemists, but they lost their lives upon apparently bringing Leon back to life, but in the form of a Homunculai.
The dragon then responded, saying that it was up to him, but whatever he does, he must face the consequences. It was tough, but that's the way it goes, it seems. The young warrior didn't really have much to say, but just sat and listened silently. Like elder folks, they certainly had many stories to tell, especially of life. After all, they have seen a lot more than he could in his 23 years of life. What could he possibly bring to the table should they ask about his life story?

Well, it was getting late, and it seems this tavern does indeed have an inn with available rooms when Blaze asked Talon for a room. Perhaps Ronin could stay for a while as well. He could take a break from his mercenary work and wandering warrior lifestyle. "Talon, I would like a room as well. I think I'll be kickin' it for a while"

Talon Sky

lizardman((mummyman3))

Hartia Raye Pendragon

l-holyyshittits-l

(OOC: Sorry for taking so long. Wasn't exactly sure how to respond what with all the confusion going on xP )

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

The Cambion shrugged, as if to silently brush her off. He wasn't desperate, far from it. And as easy as it was for him to find a lay, he refused to press a woman diligently just to get in her pants. Though he was curious, if he got to know her more, would she fit in his web of intimacy with the others? She surely seemed like a nice addition to have, then again, some didn't belong anywhere, with anyone. Sounded like a familiar woman in his life. And yet to this day he has her. For now he sat silent, awaiting Talon so that they may speak some brief business as requested. It was about time he formally aligned himself with the hunter's guild. The waters have been previously tested enough to be able to form a code of arms, a bond of trust.

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

Talon smiled at Grotham's wise advice, patting the dragon on the shoulder in appreciation. "Thank you, my friend. Perhaps those words were in my heart the entire time, and yet I simply needed to hear them affirmed." It was a funny thing, this friendship thing; there had been a long time in his life when Talon had doubted the need for such bonds, in fact rejecting them outright. But once you have something this dear with people....

One by one, Talon's visitors each asked him for a room. Oh yes, Talon had to remind himself, I'm a businessman now. Funny thing, that. "Of course, friends." Standing, the silver-haired warrior turned one last look to his dragonic friend. "Grotham, might I bother you to see my friend Leon comfortable?"

Gathering three room keys, Talon passed one to Ronin, one to Blaze, and one to Hartia....the key to the same room he'd had before, in fact, next to Talon's room. The Samurai showed them each to their respective doors upstairs, with a promise of breakfast in the morning included in the price of the rooms. Any excuse to make bacon in Talon's book! The half demon bid a good night to Ronin and Blaze, the latter with a bit more of a smile. How the half-demon ached to pay her a visit this night, to see if those vibes and urges he'd picked up on had all been in his head. To indulge the pulsating Incubus side of his blood....but how unethical would that be? Talon's keen hearing had detected Blaze's denial of Hartia; surely, the woman wanted to be alone tonight.

Right?

Talon turned to regard Hartia then, smiling once again in that wily way of his. "You wished to discuss....business?" Talon inquired, brushing a few locks of his long, silvery hair from out of his face. "Let's step into my room, shall we?" Talon opened the door easily, without unlocking it....a clever spell of Anna's, making it so that the door would only open for Talon, Nova, or anyone of their approval. Absolutely no one else could get past the magic of that lock.

There, on Talon's bed, slept little Shilo, buried under a pile of Alchemy books.

"That girl," Talon said with a sigh, although he was smiling as he did so. "So tell me, Hartia. What have you on your mind?"

With:

HaJoeKen

lizardman ((mummyman3))

Hartia Raye Pendragon

l-holyyshittits-l

Where:
The Bar, then upstairs

Loyal Friend

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
HaJoeKen
I'm here emotion_yatta

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gaian Name Zoeloveful
Character Name: Sandra Lee
I'm skilled at Hunting and Tracking as well as Dexterity and proficient in combat with Bladed Weapons such as Daggers, Throwing Knives, and my Civilian Hunting Hanger.
Let me tell you about myself. I don't have much to say about my history. However, I'm not hiding anything. If you ask me, I will tell you. The most important detail is that I have been trained for a similar position yet ended up working on a ship instead. This hasn't phased me and I am still serious about my duties. I feel more at home on land or high up - anywhere away from crowds of people, so being out on the open sea can be as comforting as it is distressing, depending on the amount of people in the same space as myself. I'd much rather have a drink with a small group of friends, if I had any close companions to call a friend. In this world, it's too much of a risk to trust anyone that much.
Some oddities about me: I'm told I don't show much emotion on a regular basis... I assume that's significant, comparing myself to all of the colorful crew mates I work with. Don't take it personally if I seem cold, it could be that I simply don't care.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Sandra Lee

Traveling through the city, a quiet woman covering her violet hair with a hood noticed an inn that looked like it might have open rooms, entering the tavern to silently make her way to the bar. She woman took a seat and let her hood down as she discreetly glanced around at her surroundings, taking in the atmosphere as well as the details of the room.

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100

Tommy Undergallows came shuffling downstairs, yawning and thinking to make himself a nightcap when he heard the telltale ding of the doors opening. The night seemed to have died down, and the halfling watched the newcomer seat herself and reveal some truly beautiful violet hair. Brushing back some his own curly brown locks, the little man of around three feet approached the young lady.

"Evening miss, name's Tommy. I'm filling in for the owner this eve while he sees to some business upstairs. Might I help you?" Tommy asked in his slightly squeaky voice, trying to make it sound a little more manly than usual for the guest. "Oh! My apologies! Welcome to Venantium Tavern!" he quickly added as a afterthought, the phrase Talon had bade him to offer new guests.

With:

Zoeloveful

Where:
The Bar

Loyal Friend

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Talon Sky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sandra Lee

Sandra heard the light footsteps of a person approaching and pretended not to notice until he had addressed her; addressing her as a "miss" despite her unfeminine attire. Perhaps her hair made her look like a woman? It was almost time for a trim, not that she truly cared if strangers assumed she was a boy or figured out she was a girl, not that the woman enjoyed the attention woman attracted from strange men.

Turning slightly in her seat to face the stranger, she held a calm, collected disposition as she looked down at him and politely addressed the man in return. "Thank you for the warm welcome and hospitality." The words were correct and polite but there was no warmth or sweetness in her voice. It was somewhat hushed and cold, as if she hadn't spoken to another soul in years and forgot how to sound human. "Would you happen to have any rooms for let?" she continues, not missing a beat to get to the point of her visit.

Where: The bar
With: Tommy
OOC:

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100

Tommy Undergallows raised a curious eyebrow to her tone. Had he offended her in some way? Tommy was a halfling, a little person; although he came from the big city, he sometimes had difficultly understanding the sensitive natures of the 'Big People'. "Erm....well yes," he said, glancing over to the locked key rack. "I'm afraid I don't have the keys for the....um....keys, you see. My boss should be down at any moment, unless there is anything else I can help you with?"

When he had a moment, Tommy rushed to the stairwell and almost shouted for Talon before it occurred to the little man how late it was. He hopped up the stairs as fast as his stubby legs would carry him....oh, Tommy needed to lay off the exercise he was getting here or he might just lose that comfortable little stomach of his! The halfling knocked on Talon's enchanted door and spoke of their new guest wanting a room. Talon replied with a simple, "In a moment," and the halfling, satisfied, made his way back down to the bar.

"Apologies for the inconvenience. M'boss is coming down now."

Upstairs, Talon had just finished his conversation with Hartia anyways. The half-demon had thought to invite Hartia for a private drink, but it seemed like duty was calling once again. Bidding the other half-demon good night, Talon gave little Shilo a swift kiss on the forehead and decided to let the little girl of six sleep in his bed for the night. It wasn't like Talon would find comfort there tonight anyways.

Heading down the stairs in a much more casual outfit than before....a simple grey shirt and blue jeans....Talon noted the figure in the cloak and Tommy rushing here and there. Smiling, Talon brushed aside what silver hair hanging before his face and moved to address the patron. Talon was a little on the short side, just over five feet, but he was muscular and handsome like no other. And the half-demon radiated a wonderful aura of confidence and charm, much in part to his Incubus heritage.

"Good evening. I am Talon Sky, owner of this inn. My employee tells me you are interested in a room? Breakfast is included in the price, whenever you'd like it tomorrow."

With:

Zoeloveful

Where:
The Bar

Loyal Friend

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Talon Sky

Sandra Lee

The woman's bright magenta eyes followed the nervous man's gaze to the box, cocking an eyebrow faintly as he continued to talk.

"Some rum would be appreciated if you serve it," she replies simply, unphased by the little man's fumbling words. Had she said something intimidating? She got that reaction often when she met strangers but she hadn't pinpointed the cause of their reactions.

She watched the person who's greeted her scamper off, taking a moment to re tie the ribbon around a strand of her hair as she waited for service. When he returned, she simply replied in a mildly puzzled manner, "Inconvenience?" So far, he'd been seeing to her attentively, and Sandra couldn't help but wonder if she was used to poor service compared to this. Whilst pondering the common manners of social citizens, she noticed the man with an attractive and rather flashy aura approach, feeling her tongue recoil in her mouth as her hair stood on end, her instincts preparing to defend herself against a being with such a powerful influence on the beings around him. She was careful, if a little too careful, and didn't want any trouble by messing with this man. Then again, she didn't want to risk getting sick or jumped by attempting to sleep int he gutter, so perhaps staying in a warm building was the best option.

Nodding in greeting to Talon, she lowly replies, "Good evening. What is the price for your smallest room?" She wouldn't take out her money until she knew the exact amount she needed to hand over. "Oh, and what are your prices for these drinks?" she asks, indicating to the bottles at the bar.

Where: The bar
With: Tommy and Talon
OOC:

OG Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
Grotham smiled and patted his friend on the back before he left, standing up he stretched every bone popping once more, he had to see to it that Leon was comfortable with his arrangements. The dragon intended to do so, walking to a supply closet he gathered up items he may or may not need to make sure the man was settled. He then proceeded to the very location that Leon was at, and patiently he waited to be greeted by the man. Homunculus or not he was Talon's friend and therefore his friend too, unless Talon said otherwise he would remain in a docile state. Unwavered by sleep or hunger, he would fulfill his task.

((This is action before newcomers))

Romantic Phantom

5,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

Grotham

Leon paced the bathroom, having showered and redressed already in the admittedly dirty clothes he'd been in before. Despite coming to this place in seeming high spirits, the older looking man had really been gathering a mental layout of the establishment and the perimeter. He knew, deep down in his militaristic heart, he would need it for what he planned....

Hearing the footfalls of the large dragon approach, Leon replaced the look of plotting on his face with the same, small-eyed and wide-smiled grin he'd worn before. "Hello sir. Sorry for taking so long....I haven't felt water in ages, and I sort of lost myself to the sensation!"

Sandra Lee

Straight to business, Talon could certainly appreciate that. He smiled and visibly relaxed, hoping to put the woman....yes, that scent was distinctly female....at ease. "Rooms are all the same I'm afraid, at a going rate of 15 gold....or $30....for the night. That includes breakfast, it does. As for the drinks...." Talon glanced back to see Tommy already mixing a rum beverage with some soda. "A gold a piece should do. We have plenty to spare. I can also make you a meal if you like, although I must admit our supplies have run low as of late."

As Talon spoke in his soft, yet strong and melodic voice, he couldn't help but chuckle at himself. Being several hundred years old, he was still used to everything being exchanged with gold coins; this new paper currency was relatively new to him, and he struggled to remember most people didn't deal in the gold coins of old Gaia anymore.

Some nights, the warrior honestly wondered if he fit in this time at all.

With:

Zoeloveful

lizardman ((mummyman3))

Where:
The Bar

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items