MAKE FRIENDS WITH IT! *grabs goose costume* 0.10591133004926 10.6% [ 43 ]
TWEET IT! *grabs phone* 0.029556650246305 3.0% [ 12 ]
MAKE A STUPID POLL ABOUT IT! *...* 0.10837438423645 10.8% [ 44 ]
*honk honk* 0.33990147783251 34.0% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 406 ]

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image
Travelling Angel Gabriel

Gabriel wasn't even quite sure how long he had been around... but what he did know, is he still had the 28 year old body that was his from when he was human. Only difference was... the eye. That silver eye. It was a mark of Gabriel. Without giving close inspection, there was no way one could see the marking upon the eye itself. It was a summoning circle... so his 'Lord' could have easy access to him.

"You have no idea." A look of extreme annoyance crosses his features. "It feels like much too much for too little sometimes." Looking over at the woman, Gabriel smiles. "If I may ask, what is it that you do, Sasha? Other than nab sunglasses and rough house with Necromancers." He chuckles.

Dangerous Explorer

User Image

Her face flushed again as he asked what she did, his joke about rough housing with necromancers garnering a laugh from her. "I, I'm between jobs at the moment." Marlow smiled, but swallowed her brandy nervously, no one would believe her if she told them. She'd rather be known as a thief than share her past with a stranger.

"Though I think I'll stay away from battle, doesn't sound like my cup of tea." She ordered a refill, her third round so far tonight. Thankfully the buzz was beginning to settle in, Marlow relaxed a bit and leaned against the counter. "I don't suppose God's hiring for non-combat positions is he?" She jest, though in all honesty had no idea how he'd react to her poking fun.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image
Travelling Angel Gabriel

He nods at her words. She was hiding something... but honestly, Gabriel was not the type to pry. He was more than happy to live and let live. Contently nursing his Irish Coffee, he hears her jest. Lowering the cup, he laughs.

"Probably, but the job requirements are pretty unattractive to someone who is alive." He grins at her, rolling his eye to look at her without turning his head. "Not most people want to give up living to play a much under appreciated Desk Receptionist in 'Heaven'." His eyes roll. He actually felt glad that he had been assigned to being a Gabriel. Having to deal with the souls of those that have passed... guh.

Dangerous Explorer

User Image

As she was joking, Marlow didn't mind so much his reply, it was if she was unassuming, the truth. Playing receptionist in heaven didn't sound very appealing compared to living.

"In that case I'll keep looking." Giggling a bit she downed the rest of her brandy, then requested a glass of water and a good cold glass of beer from the tap. "I'm quite fond of being alive."

Running a hand through her hair she glanced to him, those eyes were so strange yet appealing. Marlow couldn't put her finger on what exactly it was about him, but she found 'Gabriel' to be very handsome. She blushed and took to staring at the counter when realising how silly she might seem, trying to flirt with the Angel, it was almost enough to keep her from trying.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image
Travelling Angel Gabriel

"If I ever see your name pop up, I'll put in a good word." He smiles. Ahh, Angels weren't so good with humor... oh well.

Noting her blush for the second time, Gabriel closes his eyes and smiles. To be truly alive must be fantastic. Sure, he had a beating heart... flowing blood... but it was merely for show. You could rip them out of his chest, and the man wouldn't notice. He wouldn't stop fighting.

Leaning back, he begins to whistle. It only would have been better if he had had a guitar to play alongside it. That tune... was all he had in the way of memories from being alive.

Dangerous Explorer

User Image

When he whistled, her foot began to tap to the rhythm of the tune. It was catchy and Marlow soon found her eyes closing as he went on.

As the tune came to an end she couldn't help but want to hear more. Looking to Gabriel she smiled pleasantly enough. "Now that's a nice tune, what's it called?" Sipping on her beer Marlow did what she could to keep her mood a good one, after all she had lucked out on a boss set of shades. They would have looked damn spiffy with her outfit too.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image
Travelling Angel Gabriel

Smiling, the man shakes his head. "... I don't remember." One thing. They were allowed to keep one thing from life... and for whatever reason, he chose that song. If you wanted to know more... you'd have to look for it yourself. Of all the things to choose as a freebie...

Standing, the man pulls out and sets down the money for the drink on the counter. She could hit him, try to dodge, or whatever... but Gabriel would lean down, to give Sasha a kiss on the cheek. "I need to check in for a few hours. Thank you for giving me some entertainment for the night, Miss Sasha Marlow." He grins and straightens up. Heading for the door, he waves. "I'll come back again, and maybe we will meet then, too."

From his back, giant white wings were beginning to appear. No wonder he made no noise coming up to the building.

Dangerous Explorer

User Image

She was calm and very placid until he came up to her and kissed her cheek. Marlow swatted at him and put her hat back on, bowing her head to hide the bright red that was now her cheeks. "I'll be here for a while Gabriel, not exactly a daytime person." She quipped back as he spoke of possibly returning.

And so there she sat, bored again, drinking what tasted like an Alexander Keith's and running her finger along the counter top. She'd stay like that for some time, picking at her drink and glancing around every so often.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image
Travelling Angel Gabriel

Landing outside, Gabriel stretches his arms above his head. "Some vacation... rookies everywhere... is it really..." He pushes the door open. His clothes were a bit scuffed up. It was good his pants were dark... they had a few questionable stains at the bottom. But after having done this so long, he didn't even notice anymore.

Making his way into the bar area, his wings vanished at a rapid pace. Spotting a bored looking Sasha, he smiles. "Still here? When you said you weren't a daytime person, you weren't kidding." He takes the seat from before, and leans back. "Most people sleep at this hour, I believe."

Dangerous Explorer

User Image

At this point, Sasha Marlow was about two thirds her way through a bottle of tequila gold, the boredom had become too much. When she heard Gabriel land she smiled, not worrying about turning to see who it was.

"Yeah, worked a lot of night jobs in the past, so naturally I'm nocturnal." Giving a small shrug she felt her gaze catch on him again, it took a few attempts but she eventually brought her eyes back to the drink in hand, a double sized shot glass filled with the amber liquid. "You look a little roughed up, I hope you didn't get into any trouble." She spoke casually, as if it were an every day occurrence.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image
Travelling Angel Gabriel

"I like night jobs better, myself. Just too hot during the day..." He sounded as if that statement confused him a bit... Gabriel always kind of had a nagging feeling that he used to be a Desert boy... but well. Who knew? He was probably dead a good long time. He shrugs, casting a look over at her. "My my, Sasha. You look like you could drink me under the table."

Gabriel was a bit of a light weight. Part of why he really only like Irish Coffee. Smirking a bit at her question, he wipes at something smeared onto his cheek. "You'd think it was hard to do what I do... but then, I guess part of my Vacation is training the rookie taking my place. He seems... very skittish." His eyes roll. One of the perks of being a Gabriel... you didn't have to stick to the usual laws and rules of the 'Heavens'.

Dangerous Explorer

User Image

She cast her gaze to him as he called her Sasha, while she preferred Marlow, he was cute enough that she let him get away with it. That she might be able to drink him under the table sent a broad grin over her features as she looked to the bottle that she had nearly emptied. Forty percent, yeah that was quite strong. "That might be fun sometime, see a guy like you drunk out of your mind. You seem like a pleasant enough person."

Listening as he spoke of his replacement she was curious about how things worked up there, but decided not to ask him about it. If he was on vacation the last thing any sane person would want to do is talk about work.

"So then, no need for me to drag someone whom I've just met to the hospital? Wonderful, cause I doubt I could carry ya." Giggling she surveyed him closer, while she was able to drink a lot, that did not mean it wouldn't hit her.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image
Travelling Angel Gabriel

He chuckles. "I've never drank that much. I always keep myself in control of my senses." Though... he never very well just by feelings that fired off in his brain, that that was not how it always was. But none of that really mattered anymore, did it?

... did it? Looking away for a moment, he closes his eyes. He was NOT having this mental argument right. Who he used to be didn't matter- that him was dead. All there was was who he was now. However fake that may be, this is all he really knew.

Smirking at her comment about trying to carry him and how it wouldn't work out, he gives her a surprised look. "What? I'm only 6'4". Are... are you trying to say that I'm not a dainty, delicate little daisy?" It hadn't occurred to him that she may like being called by her last name... since she had told him both first and last. Most commonly, you call someone by their first name... right?

"But you are kind of... scrawny."

Dangerous Explorer

User Image

Giving him an exasperated expression she laughed hard. "Dude! Your almost a solid foot taller than me, so would not work." Never mind he'd called himself a dainty delicate daisy, now that was something she did not hear every day.

Being only five foot six she had to look up at him, sure it wasn't by much, but he still made her feel short. "Of course I'm scrawny, you try living off of what I make most nights." Marlow tried to make it sound like a joke, but there was slight resentment in her tone. True if she would stop drinking so much she could afford to feed herself more often, but for the time being she didn't really care.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image
Travelling Angel Gabriel

Leaning forward, he rests his elbows on the bar counter, hands loosely clasped together near his face. Looking down at her, he smiles softly. "I think... I have been there, done that. I am very sorry. I often forget. I no longer have a need for eating food. It's mainly done for show, and... to feel a bit human again."

For an instant, only his left wing grew. Plucking a feather, it quickly vanished. Leaning over, the man tucks it into the ribbon band that circled around her head. "Forgive me?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff