Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Explorer

User Image
Vey woke to the sound of distant ringing of a phone. With a soft groan she pulled herself from bed, searching her room for the source, unable to fathom where it was coming from.

Zeroing in on the sound, it grew louder as she approached her closet, her eyes widened slowly. It was coming from the box of mementos. As she took the box out of the closet she set it down on the floor and opened it, finding the phone immediately as it buzzed around inside the box.

Picking it up, she didn't even bother to answer it. Instead she held the phone at arms length and put as much effort as possible into crushing the damned thing until it would not ring any more. With a satisfied huff she disassembled its molecules and cast them out her window into the wind. She knew whom had been calling, and she hoped they thought her dead.

Tucking the box away once more she crawled back into bed, wanting more sleep before tending to the bar.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Y U N I Q U E

User Image

The town was bustling today, and still covered in those odd red and green decorations. It was so confusing to the small Nekojin who hid her ears under a hat and her tail under a coat. Why were there so many people in the toy stores? Curious, she joined the throngs and would pop in and out of the crowds to see what they were arguing over or returning to the front desk. So many cool things! The child had gotten her small hands on a shiny pair of headphones that could fit comfortably over her ears. Unfortunately, a beady eyed mother who looked like she hadn't gotten much sleep this holiday season had deemed such a pair to be worthy of an exchange gift for her son.

Needless to say, the woman lost this war.

A shadow in the Purple Moon darkened and flickered erratically, Yuni rolling backwards out of it and onto hardwood floors. The fiery vortex closed, cutting off the frustrated shriek of the mother, and leaving the child to catch her breath and stare at the ceiling.

"Yeeesssshhhh..." Yuni grinned victoriously, holding the bulky headphones up with both hands.

She just had to figure out how to use them

Shiara Kazikal's Husbando

Distinct Gaian

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
The room suddenly darkened as the lights seemed to lower in intensity, waning as though an unknown force were literally sucking the energy out of the room. Already dark corners of the room became pitch black, resisting any light that dared to pierce it. From the dark corners a sound began to emit, a sound akin to thousands of tiny legs skittering across hardwood floors and rocky caves. Then, just as suddenly as all of these events began, they disappeared; sounds ceasing and the lights returning to their normal levels.

From one of the corners, blood-red eyes were glowing and out from the shadows stepped Sith, gazing into the room and seeing only the small neko girl whom had referred to herself as Yuni. A smile graced his lips as his entire face brightened upon seeing the girl. "Hello, awshum Yuni." He said, mimicking her tone of voice in jest as he knelt down to her match her height.

Fashionable Gaian

1,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
Lady Gilaen

Lovi had to laugh at the notion. Just the other day she'd shared as much of her stories with another person as she felt was possible, and even that was hardly much. She was a private person usually. Not secretive, just quiet, independent.

"Alright," she agreed after a moment's thought, "What exactly do you want to hear?" A story was a story whether she told the truth or not, but she was inclined to be honest on principal. A stranger was least likely to take her words to heart, and given her preference for emotional solitude, that made them the best option to speak to.

((short))

Where to start? Well... Risa put on an air of mock thoughtfulness. "Lets start off with something simple. You seem to have been travelling for a while. Any destination in mind, or are you just naturally inclined to wander the land like so many others?".

Lovi didn't seem to be one of those... well, in her native tongue they were called "youxia". Translations included "Knight-errants" or even simple adventurers. Risa knew quite a few, and Lovi was rather unlike them.

Wheezing Werewolf

Iyuesturu

Where to start? Well... Risa put on an air of mock thoughtfulness. "Lets start off with something simple. You seem to have been travelling for a while. Any destination in mind, or are you just naturally inclined to wander the land like so many others?".

Lovi didn't seem to be one of those... well, in her native tongue they were called "youxia". Translations included "Knight-errants" or even simple adventurers. Risa knew quite a few, and Lovi was rather unlike them.

User Image

Lovi looked sullen at the question, though she made no effort to evade the answer. Funny, she'd explained all of this to a stranger before, but somehow it was easier knowing that the other person didn't care to hear it. Risa seemed truly interested in what she had to say, and that was almost enough of a warning to Lovi that she should have let the subject be and walk away.
Almost, but not quite.

"I've been enjoying liminality between here and a far distant place for some time now. I'm just trying to decide where to go. Or I was. I think I've made up my mind, though," she went on, the distance of her voice suggesting that her mind lingered elsewhere as well.

"I don't have anywhere to be. But...travel doesn't seem to suit me either."

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Y U N I Q U E

(( Sorry for that delay... My mom shoved a movie at me. Owo' ))
User Image

Yuni sat up and dropped the headphones in her lap, hat quivering with how her ears twitched. What strange sounds... Like lots of Itsy's running around. The Nekojin looked around for the source of the noise in vain. She even spun around in confusion and joy at a possible discovery. Her discovery was Sithy, who she grinned brightly to.

"Hiiiiiiii Sithy! Lookie!" The kitten-child waved happily to the male and then held up her prize from the loud toy store, the red headphones. "I'm awshum!" Over the package, Yuni blinked owlishly at him as if expecting praise.

Well... may as well... She was a little thief-warrior in the making.

Distinct Gaian

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
He eyed the red headphones with curiosity, a smile on his face the whole time as the nekojin exclaimed her pride over her prize. A soft chuckle escaped him as he placed his hand on top of the girls head as a form of praise. "Indeed, you are awesome, Yuni! Where did you get those?" His head tilted slightly as he spoke, enthusiasm in his voice. Seeing as it was a rather festive time of year where presents were abundant, he thought she might have gotten them as such from someone within the bar.

((Sorry for the delay, League distracted me!))

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Y U N I Q U E

User Image

Yuni's hat sorta deflated as the man's hand fell upon her head, and she giggled happily. She was glad she wouldn't get in trouble for taking these headphones. That woman was vicious. She hugged the plastic package to her chest and rocked on her heels. "I saw lots of people in town and went in a toy store with lots of people. Why are there lots of people in toy stores, Sithy? Is it everyone's birffday?" Yuni interrupted her own ramblings to ask her curious questions, but then proceeded on. "I saw these and picked dem up and then there was a lady that smelled like no sleep, and I ran 'way 'fore she could take dem."

The Nekojin's tail peeked out from under her coat, wagging with pride as she waited for Sith's reaction to her story and questions. It would seem she had little idea of what the holidays are.

Distinct Gaian

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
He perked up a bit at Yuni's giggling, the adorable little nekojin making him feel the best he's felt in a long time. She was so excited and happy to have the headphones, and was genuinely curious about the things she had seen. When she was finished asking her question, he chuckled and released her head from his grip. "No, Yuni, it's not. You see, there's a holiday that many people all over the world celebrate called Christmas. During this time of year, every year, all these people go out and buy gifts for the people they love, be it family or friends, all for the sake of seeing them smile."

His gaze drifted down to the package in her hand, noticing it was still completely sealed. "So, you took those from someone, Yuni?" He asked, moving an open palm towards them. A chuckle escaped him as he whispered. "Good job. Don't tell anyone you took them, okay? If anyone asks, tell them it was a present. Do you want me to open them for you?" Sith wasn't the greatest influence when it came to stealing. Being what he was pretty much assured that he would always praise such tasks. He was even thinking of offering her a few pointers!

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Y U N I Q U E

User Image

The child's icy blue eyes stared owlishly up at Sith as he explained the commotion in the town, head tilted slightly. A slight moment of frustration crossed her face and she pulled the hat off her head to leave her ears free to swivel and twitch. Then she resumed her stare of wonderment. Yuni didn't remember having anything called a 'Christmas' at her home, and the prospect of giving and getting presents was exciting to her. Did that mean she should get presents for her friends here at the Purple Moon? Curious...

To the first question, she nodded and grinned. And then she nodded again. "No tell. Our secret!" Yuni held her pinkie out for a little pinkie promise to the man, starting to nom on the corner of the package. "I gots... Om nom nom nom..."

Lo and behold, the acids in her saliva began to free the precious from its prison.

Distinct Gaian

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
He usually wasn't someone to be completely taken in by a child's cuteness, let alone children at all, but there was something about Yuni that made him absolutely gush with glee. She was taking in everything he said like a dry sponge taking in water! When she held out her pinkie, he grinned ear to ear and wrapped his own pinkie around it, moving their hands up and then down once.

Then, as she began to chew on the plastic his eyes narrowed curiously. It seemed like it was actually dissolving in her mouth. Did she have corrosive properties in her teeth or her saliva? Interesting. "You really are a fascinating child, Yuni. You're gonna be something big one day for sure." His mind began to reel as a thought entered, wondering if it would be a good idea to give her something like that just now. He placed a hand on his chin and looked down at the ground, thinking for a moment. "Yuni?" He asked suddenly. "Do you have a room or a place to keep all of your things?"
User Image

Some rustling came from the forest outside the building, a pair of yellow eyes peering out of the brush towards the door. This area smelled like dragons, or at least like some had been there recently. A short form finally moved out from the cover of the trees, a tattered cloak covering them. However, the long black, scale covered tail wasn't so well covered as it slid through the snow behind them. The figure hurried in the door, their long tail curling in around the soft pale feet that stuck out from under the cloak as the door shut behind them. Those golden colored eyes peered out from under the cloak to look around the room, weary as to whether to uncover themselves from the cloak.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Y U N I Q U E

User Image

Plastic tasted funny... Yuni took the package away and looked at it funny, tongue sticking out some in distaste. She ate a lot of odd things-- metals, alloys, toys, bicycles-- but plastic took the cake. Humans made some weird stuff...

But she grinned with glee as Sith met his half of the pinkie promise, hopping up and down as they shook on it. Oh, if he thought her headphone nabbing and melty-spit was something to make her big, Rings should get here and tell him about her at his circus... Yuni giggled, and blinked as the man took on a thoughtful pose, her ears catching the sound of the door opening and closing. She blinked curiously at the cloaked figure and waved over at... she'll call it an it, and gave a friendly smile.

And then Sith's question brought her attention back to him, blinking curiously. Yuni pointed to one of the couches in the lounge area, where her jingly pink ball and green blankie were hiding under. "I has couch...? I always sleep there."

Distinct Gaian

1,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
His thoughts were interrupted as someone new entered the building, blood-red eyes moving up to watch the new figure. It was a girl and there was something interesting sticking out from her bottom. His pupils narrowed as he focused on it. A tail. A dragon tail. My, this place was quickly becoming infested with his kind. For a moment, Sith began to think that where ever he went, other dragons were sure to follow.He entertained the thought of becoming a brood lord before shaking his head.

The man raised a hand and waved at the person who entered, still kneeling before Yuni. "Hello there. Welcome." His voice was warm, not wanting to startle the girl or make her think he was threatening. He then turned back to Yuni and smiled, returning to his original thoughts. "Just the couch, hm? Well, that simply won't do. You need a place to hide the things you take." A chuckle escaped him. He really should consider this more before taking any action, but with a shrug of his shoulders he reached his hand into his pocket and grabbed something that hadn't been there before.

He took his hand out of his pocket, fist curled, and held it out to Yuni. "Merry Christmas, Yuni." He opened his hand and revealed a small black orb that emanated a very soft purple glow. Looking into it, it were as though it were blacker than the blackest night, darker than even the blackness of space. You could get lost in it. As one would notice quickly, a strange aura hung about this object, permeating magics that were ancient and powerful. "Now, do me a favor and don't eat this, okay?"
User Image

The figure gave a purr like growl as the young girl waved to her, a pale hand waving back from under the cloak. She pulled the cloak back from her head as the man spoke to her, his tone being a bit more comforting to her weary as well as the young girl's quick turn of attention from her. When lowering the cloak she revealed that she was a young girl, seemingly early teens with fluffy black hair and bright yellow eyes. Sticking up from her hair were black scaled, tendril like ears that twitched lightly as the two other spoke. She didn't seem quite ready to talk yet, but inched a bit closer to them with the cloak wrapped around her shoulders like a security blanket. The dragon girl sniffed towards them lightly, the small black scales along her forehead and cheeks shining lightly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff