Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Reveler

User Image

▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
KAZ
▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀

ℓσcαтισиOne Night StandcσмραиץAisling

"And you know a lot about that do you? I didn't realize you were a seer, though most gods or goddesses tend to be. Don't they?" Kaz chuckled lightly resting against the vanity, his body now mostly relaxed in her presence granted there was always an undertone of caution when in the company of non-human beings. Sapphire eyes glanced over to the open window and watched as the moon idled in the sky, a perfect night in some respects, though a little chilly for his taste. A heavy sigh rolled off pale lips before he turned his attention back to Aisling, or should he start calling her Nanshe?

"So you don't think I'm interesting?" He gave a playful pout before walking towards her, his smile and friendly face slowly turning to curiosity and seriousness.

"So what is it that you want if it is my path that you are interested in? If you know me you know I don't commonly have otherworldly companions at my side." He huffed lightly and mimicked her folded arms with his own, wishing that the whiskey was back in his hands. Her presence confused him greatly and he wondered if there was real meaning to their strange meeting. There was an odd silence that stretched out between them as if she was waiting for something to click in his head. It did eventually. His hard and narrowed features slowly gave slack as the realization dawned on him and his arms slowly fell to his sides like wet noodles.

"Are you involved in my path in some way?" Kaz asked after a moment, a wet tongue wiping over the dry lips of a nervous man. He could honestly say that he really hoped it wasn't the case, and if it was then he hoped she backed up some pretty good evidence towards it. Though in all reality it wasn't like Kaz didn't have a plan for his future, he was just on a small vacation of sorts. Not incredibly common for people in his line of work, but after his last case he really needed one. Everything in his mind, gut, and soul was telling him to leave the bar and all this nonsense behind and get back on the road. Preferably as far away from here as possible.

Smitten Admirer

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
V ero n i c a

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

HOPING FOR A BETTER NIGHT

Veronica walked into the bar, clearly disoriented. Her pink hair was tangled and in a mess, and she was completely out of breath, as if she just ran quite a bit to reach this place. Her loud gasps were enough to cause attention to herself. Trying to recover from the fight that she just had, she quickly looked around for a place she could sit down. She had angered a man in the previous bar, by embarrassing him with her witty sarcasm, who then took the liberty to attack her when she was leaving. It was rough and although she was caught off guard, she had still managed to escape before he had done any real harm. She was worried that he might still be looking for her so she decided that she would stay here until she felt better.

Seeing the couches that looked inviting to sit in, she made her way towards them. Veronica tried to walk normally, but cringed as she had to limp to get there. Embarassed at her weak state, she avoided making eye contact with anybody that was looking at her or whom she had to pass. Bruises had covered her whole body, and each step she took was too much to bear. After feeling as if it took an eternity to get there, she finally landed on her back on the couch, resting her head on the arm of the sofa as she decided to doze off for a bit until some of her bruises had recovered.

Company: None
State: Very weak, in need of help

The evening drew on and one by one the day folk disappeared from the streets, headed home after a long day of work in the offices, or construction yards, the [9-5]ers and the dead-end business man. Even the drunks and the transients headed to bed, hitting the hay wherever they laid their head - on park benches, on mounds of grass, under bleachers and the like.
And as these decent people of the daytime disappeared, they were replaced by the children of the night,
Hooligans and Gangsters, Prostitutes and Pimps.
One by one, the degenerates of society came out to play, and with them, things that human-kind knew little to nothing about came out in human guise, hidden from the unsuspecting eyes of the mortal man they walked, slid, crawled or flew alongside.

Among these creatures was a girl, appearing to be no more than fifteen or so that found herself at the doorway to The One Night Stand.
How or When she'd gotten there, she couldn't recall. Only that she was there now, and if there was any sign of distress from the teenage girl, it was all together absent from her expression.

Pushing the doors open, but not yet entering, the light from within illuminated the girl, giving the occupants therein a good look at the unusual appearance of the teenage girl still outside.

With her features twisted into an expression of somewhat impatient frustration, saying that the teenage girl was "beautiful" would have been a bit of an exaggeration, but even beneath her visage of disenchantment with her circumstance, she wasn't hard on the eyes with a pretty heart-shaped face, fair complexion high cheekbones, a nose, small and upturned slightly at the tip with full, pouty lips.
Her hair, stark white for the most part was cut in varying lengths, from her chin to the middle of her back, the exterior layers were cropped short, to her chin and jawline before flipping up and outward, beneath three locks of hair, jet-black in color hung in front of her ears and down the back of her neck with the previous two tied in some sort of gray cloth or cord, sporting small bells on either side and beneath these still, her bangs hung to her shoulders and were styled so as to partially conceal her right eye, giving her a roguish, sheik look outside the tavern's door.
Adding to her unusual color and style of hair was one eye. The iris was a striking color of blue and brilliant as if it produced it's own ambient glow and if one looked closely enough for a period of time, it would move within itself, as though ripples, deep within her iris would cause a shift and the entire surface of the iris would move accordingly.
Her other eye was concealed behind a veil of ivory bangs and an eye patch beneath.

Her outfit was to say the least, no-less-strange.
Composed of a bandeau of black cloth wrapped about her upper body, suppressing her already meager chest, the cloth was bound over her left breast and tied into a simple, yet durable knot. Over this, she wore a casual-fitted, short-sleeve mesh top. Her hands were bound in double-layered fingerless black gloves and gray elbow-pads layered over this to produce a long-gloved effect.
Her slacks hung dangerously low on her girlishly flared hips and despite being bound with a trio of belts that were buckled in an angled pattern that ran from the left of her center to her left hip, still seemed ready to fall at a moment's notice and flowing down over her legs were bound by a zipper that would ended the pants at about her high-mid shin, though the garment continued to pool around her steel-plated black boots.

So, with the hems of her dark magenta slacks dragging on the ground, she waited outside for no evident reason.

Smitten Admirer

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
V ero n i c a

After falling asleep on the sofa, she woke up to the sound of a door closing? She couldn't tell, as she was still laying on the sofa. She quickly noted that she had slept through the night as she checked her phone for the time. She was surprised that no one had woken her up, but then again she was not noticed by others passing the bar since she was at the far corner. Cannot believing her luck, she rose up from the couch to find that she was able to walk without limping. She happily made her way to the bar and sat down on one of the stools. She happily watched as others were chatting around her and having fun. All of a sudden, the sound of the doors opening causes her attention. But as she glanced towards the doors, her attention wavers to the little girl who opened them. Standing outside like that made her assume that she was waiting for someone, but after a while the girl was still standing there. She couldn't help but become curious as to why the girl was still there. Veronica looked around to see if anyone else would go to her, but all they had done was given her weird glances and stares. She sighed as she found herself get up and go towards the girl. Her curiousity was killing her and this was the particular reason why she always got into trouble. She stopped towards the girl, crossing her arms defensively.

"Well are you going to come in or not? It's pretty rude to stand right in front of the doors and stare." She said bluntly, her nerves getting the best of her. She was impatient and wanted to know why this girl made no sense.

Company: Rue-Mi Girl
State: Recovered, but still bruised.

iRue-mi

xXNarusLoveXx's Husband

Wheezing Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User Image
Maestro

Aw, a nice shower to start off the day... Night?
Wait. What time was it? In fact, what was the date? Dear sweet lord how long was he asleep?!
Maestro became a little worried. He was normally in hiding from "The Others" so being in a strange place and not knowing his surroundings was very unnerving.
Needless to say his "panic meter" was around half.

He stumbled out of the bathroom, naked with nothing but a towel on his head as the cold temperature of the room chilled him over. Goosebumps. His tangled and curly hair bunched together and hung low upon his face while he used his hands to rub the moisture out. The rest of him was still rather wet. Drip drops of water fell from his person and caused the carpet to become damp. He stared at his bed. Large stain of his body outline. possibly months and months of filth, dead skin and bug s**t were constant reminder of the time lapse. Also his memory loss.
Why was he here? He remembered coming to his planet, this plane of existence but nothing after that. Just him falling to the ground, and before he hit he awoke here.
It was a strange ordeal.
But he wouldn't be able to investigate naked.
And with that, he got dressed to progress his curiosity.

He had his normal bandages, covering from head to toe with his lush locks protruding from around his head. However, that was also covered before of a large burlap sack over his head with eye holes. Making out a little of his bandages, a bit of his hair trailing from the back and full view of his tired hazel eyes. He had a dirty color brown leather outfit on.
His door was the very first one on the left after you acceded the stair way. After retrieving his room key he decided to venture out. Looking out in the hallway it was empty. Lonely.
The sound of the ships and water lightly crashing outside was somewhat calming. Somewhat.

And so without much thought put into "what ifs" he descended the stair way.
And he ended up in the main bar area. There were others.

Company: Alone?

Magnetic Elocutionist

Maestro_MAD

A 'familiar' voice hailed from a secluded table. His melodic voice was well lubricated by the martini he was nursing, and his statement was punctuated by an uncharacteristic smack of his lips.

"Untfather! So your slumber ends. Does that mean your instructions for me have come to a conclusion as well?"

He spun a well folded note on a piece of loose-leaf paper under his middle finger as he made his inquiry, bringing into question whether the piece of paper had something to do with the aforementioned instructions. His typically well dressed form was dirty and unkempt. A few strands of his hair hung in front of his face rather than pulled neatly behind his ears, his shirt was only half tucked and his sleeves were unbuttoned. He slumped down into his chair and with the extra length, he shoved the chair that faced him out so that Maestro could have a seat if he desired, and then sat back up. He leaned heavily on his elbows on the table and took another sip of his drink as he awaited some form of response.

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100

He talks about you {( in his sleep )}
    There's [[ nothing ]] i can do to keep

From <{[ crying ]}> when he calls your name, Jolene.

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene!

There was something stale and cruel about "It's been a long time".

She had the awkward impulse to knock.
Someone would have to answer, but would it be the person she wanted to answer the door? Did she even know who that was?
There was nothing happy about her, or the fact that she was back, cowering outside in front of the entrance to the bar as if she was frightened what she would see once she was inside. She felt like she had someone to apologize to for leaving, but she couldn't place who or why. She had not made connections, she had not found a soul mate or a good pal to exchange emails with over the summer. She had not painted on any canvas like she expected she would, but merely took blank stabs at it with a dry brush.

She was ready to actually get something done. Learn something new, instead of assuming she already knew all about it. All of the creepy scribbles in all of the notebooks in the Universe couldn't teach her about herself.

The entrance opened before Jo let out a long sigh. Anyone inside would see a girl walk in with a one-shouldered black top and floral-print jeans, paired with a pink and equally-floral silk scarf, Vulcanized Rubber boots, and a black beanie. Her hair had grown out a bit and hung shaggily around her neck, so it was tied in a small ponytail and peek-a-boo'ed out of the back of her beanie. "I need a driiink." She murmured to herself, walking up to the bar and surveying the people around. Only Maestro stood out, and he seemed to be both a little hazy and already in a conversation. She would want to catch up with him as soon as possible.

I'm begging on you please, don't take my man!

Company :: Hopefully someone, soon.
Thoughts :: Well, well, well...
O u t f i t

And I can <{[ easily understand ]}>

How you could easily [[ take my man ]]

But you don't know {( what he means to me, )} Jolene.

xXNarusLoveXx's Husband

Wheezing Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User Image
Maestro

There were two girls near outside, conversing about God knows what.
But they weren't the biggest thing that occupied his attention.
It was Voltaire that caught this attention foremost. His classy outfit filthy and unkempt. A shell of his former glory. Voltaire was also offering a chair and a piece of paper on his hand.
But all Maestro was stare, confusion in his glare.
Trying to make out distant memories in his mind.

He didn't really have an answer for the alien. Hell, he didn't know his name. Voltaire wasn't something on the tip of his tongue nor the edge of his mind.
And Jolene was back. He didn't know of her absence because of his lost memory. He looked around worried for a bit. Shuffling a bit in his spot trying his best to keep his composure, that was becoming increasing difficult to do.
Without much thought he back up against the counter, hands wrapped over the front of his chest in a manner attempting to comfort oneself.

It toke a bit of silence but he finally asked aloud.
"Where am I? And... Who are all of you?"

Company: Voltaire & Jolene

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100

He talks about you {( in his sleep )}
    There's [[ nothing ]] i can do to keep

From <{[ crying ]}> when he calls your name, Jolene.

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene!

The girl walked over and sat on a stool a few seats away from Maestro and Volitare at the bar, folding her fingers into each other and sitting peacefully. Everything seemed just fine to her.

Then, Jo flinched.

No... Something was definitely, definitely not fine. A pigeon hole started to form, and was immediately filled with pigeon when her nosy instinct kicked in although was not really needed by the volume of the shocking words that came pouring out of Maestro's mouth. "Mae-" She stopped herself in her tracks. She turned her gaze away from the man and onto her hands, one of them cupping her mouth for a few moments before going back down to clasp her other hand tightly.

Why doesn't he remember?

I'm begging on you please, don't take my man!

Company :: xxx
Thoughts :: xxx
O u t f i t

And I can <{[ easily understand ]}>

How you could easily [[ take my man ]]

But you don't know {( what he means to me, )} Jolene.

Smitten Admirer

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
V ero n i c a

Not one liking to be ignored, she scowled at the girl. This girl was even weirder than she thought, and with her rude behavior she was tempted to just pick her up and throw her out, since she wasn't of age for this bar anyway.

She decided to walk away from the girl when she walked into someone. Grimacing from the previous bruises that still hurt she glared at the guy, only to find out he had some rag covering his face. Not one to like surprises or people who were in her way, she continued glaring at him.

"Watch where you're going." She bit out as she shoved passed him to go sit down in her seat once more. It was not her day today and all she wanted was a drink to forget her previous problems.

Company: Rag guy

Maestro_MAD
User Image

A man in a red suit walked into the bar.He looked a little disoriented as he scanned the room."Where have you sent me this time?" He questioned himself as he took a breath.Brushing his hand through his brown hair he quickly regained his poseur. He was of a just over average muscular build and was about six foot tall.Wearing a red suit with a black shirt with the first button open and red tie. He had the appearance of a business man just off work. The only thing that might stand out was his signature side burns and his seemingly harmless squirt gun that was holstered detective style under his left arm. Taking a seat at the bar he waited for some one to take his order.

Magnetic Elocutionist

The cyan skinned son of a diminutive warlord dragged his finger around the moist rim of his martini and used the hand to slowly massage the back of his neck.

"Untfather, You've been asleep for an inordinate amount of time according to typical gaian standards. It is only natural that you would feel out of touch or disconnected. Please. Have a seat and I'll do my best to explain whatever you desire."

He stopped spinning the folded note under his finger and unfolded it. It wasn't as though the hybrid had any doubt about its contents, but something made him want to scan its contents again. It had been so long since he had actually written it that he wanted to make sure there was even anything on the note, as illogical as that sounded. Still, tired and booze-tinted minds aren't always the most logical. His sensitive, cat-like ears picked up the beginning of an utterance from a young lady nearby... Young lady? It was growing apparent that his only company as of late had been Teddy and Abraham, who may as well have been the same person these days. Being just before the cusp of a year old himself made it highly illogical to have described anyone as a young anything.

But then there's the effects of the tired and booze-tinted mind. Right.

In any case, his inquisitive gaze shifted to hers fleetingly. She looked upon his untfather with more than simple curiosity. There appeared to be some manner of intrigue or desire behind the way she carried herself. He was so wrapped up in his analysis, he almost didn't notice a different disgruntled patron exchange a grumble with Maestro.

He glanced at the note. Yep, all real. And just as uninteresting as the first time he read it. He shoved the note aside and took a sip of his martini as he again awaited the effects of time to make their presence known.

Maestro_MAD

BaconBunch

Potential Love Interest

Punctual Hellraiser

User Image

R y l a n Sorenson

LOCATIONxx MOODxx COMPANY
xx

Rylan was beginning to bristle. That hair on her tail stood on end, ears twitching rapidly at times and staying unusually still for others. The toe of her suede boots tapped against the paneled bar. The woman was better at expressing her emotions, but no so much at using her words. Still as timid as ever in the long run, it was possible that she came off as a spoiled child. Especially since her attitude stay rarely explained.
                Maestro was not positioned that far as he spoke with Voltaire, keeping up a brilliant amnesiac act, or whatever he was doing. Rolling her bottom lip between her teeth, she cut her eyes over to Jolene, the woman seemed as confused as she was, which was a relief. Rylan would hate to be the only one kept out of the loop especially after...
                She visibly shook her head as if trying to rid herself of the idea. How could she be so stupid and naive, as to think something so simple meant anything significant. Perhaps she was no better than all the other girls that had fallen into his bed.

As she sunk further into her darker thoughts, Maestro had turned towards them. There was no recognition on his face as he courteously introduced himself.
                "I know who you are," the words fell icily from her tongue and she did not bother to play along and return her name. If she wanted to continue she was cut off, Jolene jumped in and asked all the questions Rylan was too afraid to ask herself. Instead, she turned her stool to watch whatever the group of them would be up to. Dark curls tumbled over her shoulders with the movement, and she crossed one slender leg over the other, leaning her back against the bar.

They continued around her and she merely observed. Ears were trained on the conversation more than she would like to admit.

Quote:
There are many things we would throw away if we were not worried that others would pick them up.

Smitten Admirer

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
V ero n i c a

She sat in her seat when she heard a man speak. Looking to her left, he was sitting next to her with a martini in his hand. Looking up her eyes widened at the sight of cat like ears on his head. She was too surprised to realize that she was staring. Looking away, she had the strangest urge to laugh, never before seeing a cat-like person before.

She looked away and quickly ordered a mojito. Finally getting her drink, she took a sip as she swirled around with the basil leaf in her drink.

Company: Cat eared guy
Mood: Amused

Maestro_MAD

Y-DOC 1.0

xXNarusLoveXx's Husband

Wheezing Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User Image
Maestro

This was a lot going on for him right now.

He felt closed upon. Uncomfortable. Looked at judgmentally.
It seemed his only ally was his Voltaire character.
But first he took a quick survey of his area. There was Jolene and Rylan.
Staring at them vacantly, showing no remembrance in the reflect back at them.
He gave an sky wave towards the two, thinking maybe he could make friends?

Then he was shoved by some fiery messy pink head. Watch where your going, was her words. "But..." Maestro began to think to himself. "I was standing still. I wasn't even "Going" as you put it. " But he dared not say that out loud. Spineless right now. In an area he did't feel in control of he wouldn't want to start flames. He jumped a bit when the door flung open to reveal another new comer. What was he to do. Reaching underneath his sack mask he scratched the back of his head, just so confused and bewildered.

Watching Veronica take e seat near Voltaire was... Unsettling. "s**t... Figures."
He thought to himself, face was hidden so his disgusted expression wouldn't be a s**t stirring situation.
Taking a seat across Voltaire he tuck himself seat with a grab of the sides and a shuffle forwards. Twitching a bit in his seat, trying unsuccessfully to get comfortable.
But it wouldn't take long for his boiling curiosity to make him speak out loud,
"You know me... Who are you and why am I here?" Speaking with a bit more authority in his tone. His masculinity was a little more evident now. Maybe even coming off a little intimidating.
After all he was a bandaged man, so he even had something to hide that was truly precious or terrible.
Eyes locked with Voltaire's, taking into consideration he could be a foe instead of an ally; Maybe Voltaire has all the answers and was merely screwing with Maestro. But it did make sense that Maestro forgot things when he fell asleep for long periods of time. But that wouldn't excuse the fact he just may very well in a "den of lions" thought lioness would be more appropriated since he didn't know three of the females and didn't know the two males.
Eyes shifted over towards Veronica for a little bit. Staring with a lack of amusement that was evident in his posture more that any facial features could provide.
But he'd shrug it off and return to Voltaire.

Looking back towards Rylan and Jolene he stated, "Maestro. Its a pleasure."
Before adding towards the bartender. "Rum and cola. Lime please."
Waiting for his beverage.
Side eyeing the tall man who just came. He seemed to be the most dangerous one if things got ugly.

But he was keeping his composure.
That and pretending to scratch his ribs once but really he was feeling his jacket to make sure he gun was concealed still.

Company: Voltaire & Jolene

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces