Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Cultist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"I wish you could've seen me on the farm, elbow-deep in horse s**t." She had been such a lady then, too. Her smile returned as she snorted with a laugh.

Mad's murky green gaze wandered again, and now landed on Reth. They darted up to his hair and she shifted closer, until she was nearly in his lap. Now, at least, she could reach out and push his hair back away from his forehead.

"I think he'll look pretty dashing." She offered a shrug. "No matter what he forgot."

Still, curiosity overwhelmed her.

"What did you forget? Maybe I can help."

With: Reth
State: ???

Foxerton
User Image

Reth leaned a bit toward her, a small smile coming across his face. "You know I thought about making my own farm before deciding on a bar." he says before shrugging. "I just didn't think that Kate would like to work with farm animals." Since the begining he was set on asking kate to help him, just because he didn't think she'd say no, which she didn't. "I haven't seen her around much though, Ri either. Strange."

She then shifted close to him, a little too close. Feeling her hand move his hair had his breath catching a bit. "You think so?" he stared downward then and shook his head, not really knowing how to respond, so instead he moved his hand toward the bottle of nothing. Seeing how it didn't have anything in it, he gave a sigh and leaned closer. "Damn, you really know how to drink huh?" he says quietly, before setting it back down onto the table. "And I was going to get some dress shoes and other things. All I have are boots." He wasn't wearing any at the moment, but those were what he was used too.

Name: Da'Reth Rosenthal
Place: Endless time bar
Mood: content

Wheezing Cultist

"You'd have done fine on a farm. If my brother could do it, anyone can."

Mad felt his discomfort, and realized that maybe she was being a little too familiar and a little too forward. Her smile remained but it faded from her eyes, and she pulled back to stand up on the seat. She stepped up onto the table, to move around Reth without him having to stand, and hopped down onto the floor again. "You sound surprised." About her drinking. As for Kate and for Ri...

Mad frowned softly, and didn't respond. She knew why Ri wasn't here; Ri despised her and would likely stay away until every last trace of Mad had vanished.

It wouldn't be long now anyhow.

"I'm sure they're just busy." She headed over to the bar to get another bottle of pink Moscato and brought it back to the booth, dropping down to sit across from Reth this time, to give him his space.

"There's still time. When is this thing supposed to be, anyways?" She swigged from the freshly-opened bottle, and then slid it toward him, leaning back in the seat.

Foxerton
User Image

Reth watched as she left to grab a bottle, came back and sat across from him. He looked rather confused for a bit, feeling as if they were sitting on the wrong sides of the booth. "I am surprised. It never fails to amuse me."

as for her other words, he frowned and shook them off mentally. He didn't like the thought of other people being to busy to be around. Though those weren't his choices now were they. He sat up a bit to catch the bottle before taking another sip. "It's soon Mad." his demeanor had completely changed. "To be honest, I'm kind of regretting looking forward to that day." another drink. "It just feels like things are going to change, and I don't like that." it wasn't like he could run away from time itself. "What do you think?"

Mood: concerned

Wheezing Cultist

A soft frown crossed Mad's scarred face. Soft, but genuine, perhaps more genuine than the smiles she'd been wearing only minutes before.

She reached out and took Reth's hand in her own, giving it a gentle, comforting squeeze. Maybe she was a drunk, but that didn't mean that she didn't have the capacity to realize when a friend needed some form of reassurance.

"I think that a lot of things change constantly." A most astute observation, to say the least. "What are you worried about, Reth?"

As another aside, Mad added, "you're not obligated to go to this thing."

State: worried

Foxerton
User Image

Reth was brought back to earth by Mad's squeeze, his eyes lowering to focus on her hand. He frowned then, not really knowing what to say to her. "I mean, I just keep feeling like things are changing. I don't see Kate around, and Ri is barely here." he looks down, not really knowing what to say. "I just have a feeling like I'll be here by myself soon, and I don't want that to happen. I'm happy as it is right now."

maybe that all didn't add up. "People have been really busy haven't they..." maybe that was for the best. "I'm going to go with you to the banquet. I promise."

Mood: concerned

Wheezing Cultist

As though to cement him firmly to reality, Mad ran her thumb across Reth's knuckles.

"You're not gonna be left alone. You know I'd find a way to see you anytime you needed it, even after I've left. And Ri is crazy about you, Reth. She wouldn't up and leave you like that. It's just a busy time right now."

Kate, too... Kate had been busy. And pregnant.

Mad couldn't fault her for that, especially with everything that had been going on here at the bar. Mad glanced toward the kitchen, where she had done the dirty deed of severing her finger, and frowned softly.

"I'm really sorry about all of the messes and s**t that you've had to deal with lately, Reth."

Still, her eyes wandered again, and she offered him a smile.

"Don't you force yourself for my sake. I have my dress and those ridiculous ******** heels. I can wear them wherever, even if it's just to dance in the snow on the deck or something." She started laughing. "I still want to go. I'm just telling you that I won't be devastated if we just stay here and fancy it the ******** up some night, instead."

State: worried

Foxerton
User Image

Reth stared toward the window while she talked to him, maybe she was right. Maybe things weren't going to be like he felt they were. Losing people was scary though, and for a man like him, who had never had anybody close like that in his life.. "It's scary you know."

he sighed.

"My real name is Dayareth." he says as his eyes drifted toward his hand, and he gave a soft smile. "Dayareth Risanthe Rosenthal." he leans back a bit, looking up at her. "I don't know who gave me that name because I've never had family, but sometimes when I'm here. I feel like that stuff doesn't matter." he squeezed her hand in return. "I'm just an old captain though. I think those wars are really starting to get to me." he says with a small chuckle. "I just hope I don't cause as much trouble to you guys sometimes. Kate always goes on about how I'm a handful." he couldn't help but smile at it though, thats just the kate he knew. "And dressing up sounds like it'd be fun, even if we're drunk like this." he says, holding up the empty bottle.

Mood: content

Wheezing Cultist

"I know." Mad wasn't going to elaborate. This was Reth's time to talk, to get everything off of his chest. But, as long as he knew that Mad understood that he was going through some serious s**t, that was what mattered the most.

Another grin broke over her face.

"I never really realized what a complex name you had. Sounds kind of... prestigious." If that made sense. Still... "Family's about connections, not blood. You've seen what family can do," she added, letting the split ends of her tongue flicker out to the corner of her lips where the Glasgow grin began, stretching back toward her ears in knots of scarred flesh. "Family's whoever the ******** you make it to be."

Including weirdos that hung around an inn together.

"Are you kidding? Of everyone else you cause the least trouble here. If s**t's getting to you, Reth, you should talk about it. I mean, I know I drink and I talk a lot but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna shut the ******** up and listen if you need it."

But on that note, Mad rose up from the booth and opened up one of the bags she'd kicked unceremoniously from the table, drawing out a shoebox. She popped it open and pulled out one of the five-inch patent leather black and silver platform stiletto pumps she'd bought, and turned it over for him to see before standing on one foot to pull it on.

"Just the shoes make me feel fancy as s**t." She pulled on the other one and, unsteadily, straightened up, hands on her hips, so that he could admire her in full (as though putting on a pair of several-hundred dollar shoes would change the fact that she had no pants, there was a run in her stockings, and the borrowed shirt was two sizes too big).

"Let's get you a pair."

State: better

Foxerton

Lotaras Lothanius's Other Half

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
User ImageUser Image

Daemon's little fit had been the last straw for her. The Endless Time was simply too much for her. Toss in the fact that she didn't exist to anyone other than the Sin and the woman who stalked her, and she was just over it all. Besides, there was nothing holding her to the place anymore. Reth had Madeline, and she had other places to be. So, strolling into the tavern, she ignored those around her and made a beeline for her room.

It took her about ten minites to gather her things into the bag she had brought them in. Long legs carried her back downstairs where she set her key on the bar top. Someone would know what to do with it since she wasn't in the mood to deal with it herself. With that done, Ristar ran a hand through her scarlet curls and walked out the front door. She didn't even bother looking back, her mind already on other things.
Ristar Black
User ImageUser Image

Daemon's little fit had been the last straw for her. The Endless Time was simply too much for her. Toss in the fact that she didn't exist to anyone other than the Sin and the woman who stalked her, and she was just over it all. Besides, there was nothing holdong her to the place anymore. Reth had Madeline, and she had other places to be. So, strolling into the tavern, she ignored those around her and made a beeline for her room.

It took her about ten minites to gather her things into the bag she had brought them in. Long legs carried her back downstairs where she set her key on the bar top. Someone would know what to do with it since she wasn't in the mood to deal with it herself. With that done, Ristar ran a hand through her scarlet curls and walked out the front door. She didn't even bother looking back, her mind already on other things.

User Image

Reth smiled at mad and stood up, a melancholic feeling washing over him. It was nice to have somebody there to listen to problems, but just when he was about to open his mouth he watched Ristar walk straight through the bar, not even acknowledging him as if he were just a ghost. "hey..." perhaps that word fell on deaf ears because it didn't look like she was there to talk, maybe she was busy.

Well...

A long silence passed through the bar as he just stared at the stairs, it seeming like eons as he waited there to see here face again, wondering if something were really wrong. That mans hard features seemed to wane then, his eyes watching when she returned back to the bar, set her key, and walk straight on out. And the worst thing was he watched her flip those red locks in his direction.

It was as if that moment set everything off in his body, and instead of saying anything he was out of the booth and heading for the door, bottle hitting the floor and those drunk, clumsy feet tripped over themselves a bit. "Ri, wait!" he pushed through those front doors as if she had already disapeared, his eyes fighting against the contrast of the outside light as he tried to keep up with her. "Hey!" finally his body, fed up with his mind had him tripping over, and that view of red hair became ground in a matter of seconds. was this how things were going to be?

he struggled his hands to the surface of the earth and slowly held himself up to watch that woman. "Ristar." he managed a whisper, before sitting up on his knees to help him stand. For some reason everything became increasingly heavy, as if gravity suddenly intensified. He physically pushed on his knees to stand, and even then he couldn't bring himself to take another step. "wait."

Mood: . . .

Lotaras Lothanius's Other Half

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
User ImageUser Image

Although her mind was on other things, that didn't mean she was ignoring what was around her. Especially when it included the sound of her name. Ri recognized the voice that called out to her and was tempted to ignore it. She was nothing to him, so why bother waiting? Of course, it simply wasn't in her to turn away from someone who had been kind to her. So, stopping in her tracks, the redhead turned just in time to watch Reth trip and eat dirt. Concern raced over her elegant features before she hurried to his side.

"Jeez, Reth, you should be more careful! You're going to mess up that pretty face of yours more than you already have." She told him as she knelt at his side, setting her bag down to take his arm in her hands. Unless he stopped her, she would wrap it around her neck and do her best to get him back onto his feet. "We really need to stop meeting like this." Ristar teased, a supportive smile curling over her rosy lips.

Wheezing Cultist

Well, that had been a quick turn of events. Mad watched Reth chase off after Ri, and despite herself, Mad's mouth twitched up into a small smile.

Hopeless.

She kicked off the heels and popped them back into their box, which she then returned to the bag. Mad quickly gathered up the bags in her right hand and stopped briefly by the bar to retrieve another bottle of wine.

Before she went upstairs, she grabbed a napkin and scrawled a message to Reth across it:

Thanks for everything. Good luck.

To avoid causing any kind of a kerfuffle, Mad slipped out the back doors to take the long way off of the property, and was gone.

With: no one

Foxerton

Demonic Genius

5,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Daemon was still extremely pissed, He had made his way into the tavern once more and up the stair's to Ri's room. If the door was still open he would walk in without saying a word and grab the clothes he had came to the tavern in, Once he would get them he would turn around and start heading out the entrance of the tavern. Eye's glowing a dark crimson color that reflected lighting off his hood, The light looked like the dancing flames of hell spread across the elf's face.

"Hmph...fine...she want's him...she can have him...I'm out..."

Daemon growled and rumbled a little as he spoke, It was loud enough for everyone around him to hear including Ri if she was near.
arrow Endless Time's Forestry - A Specter With Eyes Of Brass

Her laughter deepened the frown on the elf's pale features. He was far from amused about anyone laughing at his father's name. He may hate his father's legacy and fully intended to supersede it in every way shape and form but he wasn't about to let anyone else, especially a stranger spit upon it. However as she cackled, he couldn't help but finally notice the hair on her head. Was she touched? Had his father brought her into the fold, is that how she knew his name? More and more, annoyance etched itself into his bones and he glared as she spoke.

Willow Greye
"You mean to suggest you're his son? Surely you jest. It's not polite to toy with a lady's mind. Tell me the truth now, I've no time for your trickeries. How do you know that name?"

"My name is Sen'Urith Kheylianth. One living heir to the Mensha Na Khaine." He asserted firmly, tone almost daring her to question him on this matter. "If you knew my father then surely you recognize his sword." Sen pulled the great weapon off his shoulder and flashed the flat of the blade her way. Perhaps the Drukh-Eltharin runes would jog her memory. "Now how do you know my father? Are you one of his converts?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff