Timid Hunter

5,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
    User Image

fillerfillerfill k a n a i
    fillerfillerfiller you are my signal f i r e

Kanai's gaze remained on the wooden texture of the door, at least until she heard not one, but three other voices behind her. Without missing a beat, Kanai's form turned to face the being behind her. Humans. These were the beings they told her of. The girl blinked, but other than that there was not much of a change in her expression besides innocent curiosity.
                                                  They had told her that most humans were kind, with the exception of a few who's only purpose was destruction. However, these humans seemed harmless at first glance. One called out to her. Amber eyes met the one identified as a male.
                                                  "I am unsure of what you mean. By 'go inside,' do you mean 'beyond this wooden obstacle?'" Kanai gestured to the door. The poor girl was sent out without much knowledge of human terminology, but she figured what she knew so far would suffice. She would eventually learn.

User Image

Protecting a dangerous beast...

Wait Kyoko dont... well she was already peering over the side of the building. He gave a soft sigh as he looked at her, then toward the woman who looked more lost than a lost person. "Well... yeah, inside." he raised a hand to rub at the back of his hair then, ot really knoowing what exactly to make of all of what was currently happening. It was so sudden and.. odd. His head turned a bit more then to the woman that was standing nearby. Seeing as his sister had greeted her, he might as well too. "Uh... hi, I'm Kaota." he says generally to both women standing before him. There was uncertainty in his voice, this being something he was not used too. "Would you guys like some food... or a drink?" he stammers out, a hand gripping the suitcase in his hand.

He needed his sister right now. "Hey Kyoko, wanna help me serve some customers?" he questions as he looks over to his sister, his security blanket.

... takes a whole life time.

V_B0MBER's Waifu

Sparkly Fatcat

User Image נєȥєвєℓℓɑ ❇
It doesn't take long for Jezebella to go back to feeling completely and utterly lost and uncomfortable. Her eyes are still wide as she reluctantly turns to face the two new strangers. They don't bother her so much as the ash-covered woman right in front of the door, blocking the white-haired girl from achieving sweet warmth. She had almost forgotten about how cold she was. That is, until her teeth start clattering against her will. A shiver passes through her spine, and she instinctively wraps her arms around herself. The poor girl is probably making a big deal out of nothing, but strange situations and working under pressure are not her fortes. When addressed by the young girl and what looks to be her older brother, Jez merely blinks at them and nods. How can they be so collected when in front of them stands a woman covered in ash? Doesn't that concern them in slightest???

When the boy suggests going inside, Jezebella nods fervently. Still, no words come out of her mouth. Is it appropriate for her to be demanding warmth at such a time? Well, the other two seem to think it's a good time to be casual and carefree.

"you did not ȶңιɳҡ when you sent me to the вяιɳҡ..
you desired my αȶȶєɳȶισɳ but denied my αғғєcȶισɳs.."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Who knew such a monster...

"Yes!" Kyoko whirled back around at the sound of Kaota's voice, and nods. She heads back over to the odd group, reaching into her left pocket. Pulling out a handkerchief, she holds it out to the young woman covered in dust. "Here, try wiping your face with this." Turning her violet eyes onto a matching pair, the little girl smiles up at her brother.

"The door is unlocked, right Onii-chan?" Reaching up, Kyoko opens the door and steps inside. Glancing around, she frowns a bit at the dark. "Hmm... oh!" Running through the dark room, she makes her way to the lights and flips them on. "Hey hey, I think this is the kitchen back here. Come in, come in!"

... could have such a sweet smile.

Timid Hunter

5,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
    User Image

Kanai blinked. So many words and actions to process. First, the male asked her if she wanted 'food' or 'drink.' Would these cure the emptiness she felt in her stomach? Then, a small female ran up to Kanai and startled her with a piece of soft fabric and handed it to her. The shock of the little girl's skin touching Kanai's and giving her this cloth made her jump and as soon as the cloth was placed in her hands, it burst into flames and the ashes slipped between her fingers.
                                                  The little girl had already hurried past her and through the door, which left the man and another female, one who was way more frightened than the other two. She also was shivering. Kanai looked at the sad girl and took a step toward her, then gently placed her hand on the her chest. It instantly sent a wave of warmth through the girl- enough to only comfort her.
                                                  Kanai's eyes were soft as she looked at the human. Her head then turned to the male, while she lowered her hand.
                                                  "And I am what they call 'Kanai.'"

V_B0MBER's Waifu

Sparkly Fatcat

User Image נєȥєвєℓℓɑ ❇
Jezebella watches as the little girl rushes past the strange ash-covered woman into the building. Oh how she longs to chase after her into the warmth behind the door. Before the white-haired girl can even take a step towards the door, she watches as the handkerchief the woman was just given bursts into flames. Ok, that is not normal. That is like scarily not normal. Jezebella instantly takes a step back, fear flooding all of her senses. Well, to be fair, she herself is far from normal. But she isn't shamelessly setting fire to things. Or showing up at taverns covered in ash. Those are things even not normal people don't do. This woman is not normal even for not normal people. So Jez thinks, in her panic-riddled mind. Too caught up in her fear, she doesn't even notice the source of her horror close the distance between them and bring a hand to her chest.

"Wha--!" Jezebella prepares herself to scream when suddenly she chokes up. As soon as the woman's hand makes contact with her coat, (hypothetical) fire spreads throughout Jez's body. She gasps in surprise as she can suddenly feel her fingers again and her teeth stop clattering. Luckily, the distance created between their bare skin prevents the psychic from having any unwanted images or thoughts or whatever penetrate her mind. She isn't sure if her frail mind could handle anymore. As her shock begins to wear off, Jez murmurs a quick thanks to the woman and avoids eye contact.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

Kaota's eyes widen in surprise. Did that hankerchief just catch flame in her hand? "U-Uhh!" he stammers, apparently at a loss for words as he watched her. He never in his life had seen anything like that happen, though in his defense he was raised with his sister in a city that was mostly human. In fact, he'd never really met anyone that wasn't the sort. He knew in the back of his mind that he'd have to replace his beloved sisters hankief, but that was the least of his problems. Before he knew it kyoko was running inside and disapearing inside of the tavern, while this flame lady turned and placed her hand to the white haired one. What was going on?!?

He looked at jezebella, then at Kanai, then toward jezebella again as she gave thanks. His mind was litterally at a loss now. What did the black haired woman just do? Why did this have to happen on his first day? "O-Okay! Let's get inside... Kanai.." he murmurs as he moves to usher along Kanai inside, his head turning to Jezebella as he mouthed the words do you know her. They seemed close enough to be able to touch each other, and he just wanted to know what the hell was happening.

First days were always a trainwreck.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Unaware of the whole exchange, Kyoko was already busily cleaning. Humming loudly, she left her coat draped over a couch and was left in her long sleeved black shirt. There was a thin dark teal ribbon tied around the collar. Seemed to be part of some kind of school uniform.

Popping up behind the counter, Kyoko had tied another handkerchief around her hair, to keep dust out of it. "Oooooniiiiiii-chaaaaan!" She calls, noticing everyone was outside still. "Where do empty bottles go? It's messy back here... lots of empty bottles... they smell bad, too..." She reaches down, picking one up. "What is... Everclear?" She frowns, taking a sniff, and then thrusts it away from her. "Ew!"

Timid Hunter

5,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
    User Image

As the warmth spread through the girl in front of her, Kanai felt her body grow slightly weaker, but nothing that would raise any alarm. Kanai always ran extremely hot, but when the girl thanked her, Kanai felt a new kind of warmth permeate from her own chest. An involuntary smile crept over her ashen-covered face.
                                                  It wasn't until Kanai noticed the man's face was also emminating a concerned expression. Was he also cold? Kanai reached a hand out to place on his chest, but he moved forward so quick she coudn't quite reach. She followed him inside.

Kanai looked around the abandoned building. there were tables and chairs and a bar, but naturally, Kanai didn't know what any of these were. She blinked as she processed and analyzed all of these new things. They told her it would be overwhelming at times, but she was determined.

A audible grumble came from Kanai's stomach.

V_B0MBER's Waifu

Sparkly Fatcat

User Image נєȥєвєℓℓɑ ❇
At the sound of Kaota breaking the silence, Jezebella's head whips up to face him. She suddenly realises how perplexed and concerned he is about what just happened, and she feels embarrassed like they got caught doing something naughty. The girl scrambles to try to figure out what to say. Well, this woman I never met before set that handkerchief on fire, then touched my chest and made me warm inside. Yea, that sounds real convincing. Jezebella fiddles with her fingernails nervously as she watches the man usher them inside. She barely catches what he tries to mouth towards her, but thankfully her telepathy comes in handy.

"Uh, no. I-I've never met her..." Jezebella responds quietly. She hesitates a moment before hurrying inside. As she passes by Kaota, the white-haired girl gives her thanks. Once inside, she sighs in relief. It feels nice to be inside, even if she's stuck with that odd woman Kanai. Those other two don't seem too alarming, but that ash-covered lady...

As Jezebella calms her nerves, something vicious hits her senses. She blinks in surprise and gasps as if she had the air knocked out of her. What is that? Is there someone else she should be worried about? The psychic turns her head, searching for the source of the eerie feeling. When her eyes land on the younger girl, she gets that gut-retching feeling again. No... Jez tries to ignore the feeling. But her psychic abilities have never been wrong before. There are no such things as red herrings when you can peep into who someone is on the inside. Still, if the little girl was a big problem Jez would have picked up on it outside despite how wrapped up she was in her own emotions. With that minimally calming idea, she begins to unbutton her jacket, taking deep breaths all the while. Maybe she should have stayed in the city.

User Image

when jez said that he frowned, but nodded. he was hoping that she knew her, but since that wasn't the case this was going to make things harder for him. he had no idea who she was, or if she comprehended how modern life worked. Hopefully Jez wasn't too telepathic or she was bound to pick up the stress he was going through. "Yeah uh, find a seat guys!" he says, trying to sound cheery under the shakyness of his voice.

Truth was he wasn't cut out for this. He wasn't cut out for people. The only person that understood him was Kyoko and she, well.. nevermind that. Sometimes he wished things so hard that she did them, and that was too scary of a thought. "You can sit here Kanai" Kaota says as he motioned to the padding of one of the stools as he passed it. Having her sit at the end of the bar would make it easier for him to keep an eye on her. Only thing that he feared from it was that she would set the stool on fire, or even worse, the bar. How would he explain that to Reth?

He looked at Kanai then and frowned. "That's everclear. You know..." perhaps she wouldn't though, their dad used to drink it, and he hadn't seen or thought about him in two years. Time to change the subject again. He frowned, feeling like a complete mess. "You guys want some water?" His eyes then turned to land on the white haired woman. Seeing as she was around his age, and not crazy he could find solace in her. At least, that's the way he saw it in his pleading eyes.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Kyoko turns towards her brother, a blank look on her face. She should know? How would she know? The young girl looks down at the bottle again, and moves to set it in a trash can, before something flashed through her mind. It was a scene. One she should know well... their Father was drinking and doing something... what was he doing? Parts of her memory were nothing back black scribbles...

Turning back to Kaoto, Kyoko has a look of realization on her face. Her eyes had become a bit dull, but her smile was bright. "Oh, right! Dad and Mom used to drink this, huh? And that's how the accident happened. With the car that night."

... or at least when she was able to leave the Asylum, that's what she believed. The dear little girl had no idea what the true fate of their parents were. She did at one point, but not anymore. Her broken mind had snapped, and before she was released to Family, she had spent a year at an Institution to try and mend her fractured mind. The Aunt and Uncle only kept her for six months... and the Foster home kept her for five. It had been two years. But Kaota was the only thing her mind had not restructured in order to make her function as a human being again.

Something so small and sweet... truly was a rampaging beast. "Onii-Chan, are you alright?" Kyoko picks up another bottle, her eyes having returned to normal. "Oh! Do you want me to cook something? I can help here! I really can!" She sets the bottle in the trash, alongside the first.

Timid Hunter

5,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
    User Image

Kanai's amber eyes set on the stool that Kaoto was patting with his hand. Perplexed, the girl walked over to the stool and stood next to the man, leaving a path of soot behind her as she did so.
                                                  Kanai beamed down at the stool.
                                                  "Like this?" She began to mimic Kaoto's movements and pat the stool. Nothing happened to the innocent stool, luckily. Kanai's emotions were well under control. She figured she could trust these humans.
                                                  At the mention of food for the second time, Kanai's patting came to a stop and she looked at Kyoko.
                                                  "What is 'food,' small human?" Kanai held the expression of a curious kitten as she beamed at Kyoko.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Kyoko smiles at the ash covered woman, and makes her way around the counter. "Food is something you eat. It goes in your mouth. You chew it up and swallow. It goes into your tummy, and you feel full and not so hungry anymore. It keeps you strong!" Crossing the lobby, she steps back out onto the porch to start hauling her suitcase and bag inside.

"I really... (huff)... like cooking!" Managing to bring both items in together, she drags them over to the stairs, and sinks down onto them. "Oooh, how late is it? I feel like I could sleep for 100 years... Onii-Chan, is my room upstairs or downstairs?"

V_B0MBER's Waifu

Sparkly Fatcat

User Image נєȥєвєℓℓɑ ❇
Jezebella finishes taking off her jacket before folding it over her arm. She peels off her gloves, finding it too warm inside to keep them on. Once off, she tucks them into the pocket of her jacket. Silver eyes look over to where the other three have meandered to the bar. She contemplates for a moment whether she should sit on the other end of the room from them or join them. It really would be quite rude of her to give them the cold shoulder and sit alone. With a deep breath, the psychic walks over to the bar. She watches Kanai pat a stool and winces, expecting the thing to catch fire. Luckily it doesn't, and Jez lets out a quiet sigh of relief. Ok, maybe she isn't all that threatening. But that little girl...She peers at Kyoko, and that dark feeling washes over her again. Jezebella furrows her brow with concern and decides she'll remain wary of the little girl.

At the sound of Kaota's uneasy voice, Jez looks at him. She processes his words for a moment, taken aback by how casual he's trying to be about this. But she can sense his anxiety. The white-haired girl offers a polite smile and nods. "Yes, some water would be nice," she responds gratefully as she takes a seat at the bar. She makes sure to put some distance between herself and Kanai, just in case. And out of pure paranoia, Jezebella makes sure to keep tab on Kyoko as well. She just can't get a break.

(( ooc: sorry for disappearing last night! got too sleepy to keep up >n<;; ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff