Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Explorer

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
((Hello anyone who is around. I am interested in joining but want to know if there are any Magic or Technology restrictions. Don't want to walk into a 1850's saloon with a cellphone.))
((I'm around. =D Basically: the Inn.. or what we have so far... is based in a low-tech environment. You can have more technological things, of course, but you should have a good reason, ie from a separate dimension. Also, be prepared for people who don't know about cellphones and things. You may get odd stares. =D

PS Honeybunch I have a funny story))

Dangerous Geek

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
"It's perfectly true; madmen do have their own logic...

Demyx was out in the forest somewhere, happily gathering morels. Hell, they could probably sell these in the nearest town for enough money to buy a lot more food than the mushrooms were in and of themselves. Morels could be worth their weight in gold, though admittedly they were quite light.

[[Doo bee doo bee doo...

Also hello.]]

I'm afraid you're just too sane to understand it."
((I'm around also... Just I have a self-imposed ban on RPing for a while.
@Kiddo: Oh? A funny story? Do tell, maybe you can assuage my boredom.
@Demyx: Thank you! Now I have 'Strangers in the Night' stuck in my head instead of that evil song!))

Thieving Lunatic

(( *waves at every one* *jumps in joy for a new person* *goes for tatters* ))

Anxious Explorer

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
((Much obliged.))

Okoya took a second look at a map that wasn't longer than two feet across. It didn't have the nice yellow-time tint to it, but it did make up in aesthetic with lines that wound and wove together. It ended near the top with a steep cliff side, and as he looked towards the scenery, sure enough there was a cliff.

Either they went for defense or just did not want neighbors. He let the map go and it rolled back from being used to that shape. The backpack that laid momentarily on the ground was stuffed with the paper and slung around both shoulders.

"Right, lets make some friends shall we."

Okoya closed in the last hundred feet to the building.
((So I'm at fencing, right, and we're calling through the warm-ups. We do it in French, and this time instead of having her assistant call through, the instructor has us all take turns calling it through in our best drill-sergeant voices. They finally get to me and I get four-count lunges(One(thrust) two(lunge) three(recover) four (enguard) two(thrust) two(lunge) three(recover) etc.) So i start out really serious: "Un! Duex! Trios! Quatre! Deux! Deux! Trios! Quatre!" but I get to the third set and I loose focus because it's been awhile since I've counted in French. So I giggle. And then I giggle more. A struggle out a "Trois!" and another "Duex! Trios! Quatre!" but I keep laughin and by the time I'm half way through the fourth set I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

Also I feel bad for this really long OOC so post upcoming.))
((Don't worry. This'll make you laugh more. My fencing coach is also the math teacher at my school, so not only does he call all his students 'Doctor' this, and 'Professor' that... But he has an really pronounced and obvious Iranian accent. And he's trying to speak French... I have to stifle a laugh every time.))
Yula had been floating about the place aimlessly, getting to know the woods and inspecting the rooms on the inn no one else had seen yet. Someone new was approaching, however, so Yula molded herself into a visible shape, carefully, grateful for the freedom that the crystal Nial held granted her. "Hello," the ghostly woman said. Today it wasn't so obvious that she was a ghost--only when you looked very carefully could you tell that she wasn't solid, or if you payed too much attention to her feet, which the grass just went through, or if you saw how her hair was unmoved by the wind. Her brown skirt, too, was unnaturally still despite the breeze, and her ruffled red blouse, as nice as it was for her complexion, seemed a little two dimensional. However, despite these failings she had found that it was less unnerving than a voice from no where, when she was first meeting someone. She said, mostly out of habit, "Welcome to the--well, actually, we don't have a name yet. Sorry. My name is Yula, though."

((Ahaha. My high school doesn't have a fencing team.))

Anxious Explorer

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
He nodded at first, smiling with enjoyment at getting a slight joke from the woman.

"I am Okoya." He said, giving his name in reply.

His eyes took note of small cracks and chips that gave signs of age to the structure. "Do you think I could stay for a day or so. If there is no rooms available," It was two stories tall. "I'll be glad to pay double."

He didn't want to short himself on money but rest and relaxation was a commodity that should come first.
Yula glanced at the inn, crumbling and all, "Well... I'm not really in charge and all, but we just got here... we're not really open... I'm pretty sure that you don't want a room here, it's very... dirty and old, and all. And, well, I can't really speak for the condition of the rooms, since I haven't actually needed a room in awhile," this was clearly a reference to her disembodied state, "And no one else has been upstairs yet. But paying double--we don't even have room rates yet--probably won't be necessary." There weren't that many of them... Ramza, Demyx, Yukai, Nina, Monkey, Luicis, her daughter, Nial... well, maybe there were a few.

((Sorry for the vagueness about upstairs, Mu(Kaname and Ramza) hasn't said anything about it yet.))

Thieving Lunatic

(( As I'm multi tasking, I can't post...But I think the upstairs is like...blocked off, from what I asked her. So I assume the stairs are broken or something. ))

Anxious Explorer

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
"Alright, then for now friend, I will settle for a hot cup of coffee."

He didn't want to get shoved into a room what with good company around. He lifted the straps of the pack off his shoulders for a moment and resting them in a more comfortable spot. He shifted the weight from one leg to the other.

"Should I be expecting a crowd?" He asked with a laughing smile.

Anxious Explorer

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
((Dinner beckons me away with aroma's of goodness, be back in about an hour. Don't want to be optimistic! XD))
((Yeah, but obviously they wouldn't halt Yula. *sigh*))

This was sort've awkward. "Ah... hot coffee..." Yula said, "We might have that? No one's been into the kitchen yet. Well, I was in there, but I didn't actually look around much.. and before you ask we don't have any booze... we really did just get here, we don't have much in the way of hospitality." Yula did sound sincere, though her face, as always, didn't look quite right.

((Aha, okay. I might still be fit for rp, maybe))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff