Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thieving Lunatic

"I definitely can't help you on that regard. That Thief is a bit beyond even my budget."

Locked in a chest though... he'd probably take it as some sort of game. A challenge maybe. Torr stifled a chuckle and shook off another web of nervousness. If anything, this walk had served as a reminder towards all the things he needed to worry about. Well... he already worried things to death really. At least now he was doing it while around friends he'd not seen for a long while.

"Just... ah... tell me the direction you intend to aim him, and I'll keep my paws away from it."
--------

Chris lifted his head up to look in front of him. It took a moment of just re-evaluating the horizon line before he responded.

"Uh, yeah... We just keep going passed that... and the town should come into view."

The youth closed his eyes again and wondered if they could get like... a metric ton of pain killers on their budget and still get food.

"I mean we'll see the outskirts first." He paused again and wondered. "Um... Hopefully we wont see any like... weird circles this time."
-------

"Funnily enough Nial, I'm not so sure myself." She winked once more and turned a little circle, just to enjoy the motion of spinning. Oh dancing! It would be so much more fun to do it, than to just know how it was done. Like seeing rather than reading. Gosh but how did all the bits go into it again?

She hummed an aimless tune, something dredged up from way back, it had to do with fields turning to forests or something but she didn't use the words. Instead she inched out into the main room and tried another spin.

"Hehe! Well I promise not to take any limbs you need! Chris wouldn't like that very much!" Nor would a certain grouch in the room.

Timid Knight

"Well, I was thinking of setting him on fabric flower decorations, because he's sewn a few great things, and if he makes too many we can just dress up the inn a little for a while after, or use them as a thanks to any guests."

Ramza shook free of his concerns since it looked like Demyx wasn't going to jet off in draconic splendor. He stretched his fingers to get a little blood flow in his slung up arm. He idly strolled towards the exit of the sort of flower park that Kaname resided in. He wasn't sure what Yukai would make of the request, although he'd probably greet it with his usual grin.

--------

((Nial post will happen tomorrow? Or so? Just posting now to make sure this half of the post is safe.))

Dapper Gaian

4,475 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
Kaname and Ramza

Jadus Arzina

A soft rhythm pats down the dirt road leading to the humble inn. A dark skinned teen walks with hands tucked in black pants, bare feet kicking up light puffs of dirt with every step. A torn red tank top with a worn out insignia of some sort emblazoned on the front. A dark haired goatee give him a devilish charm accompanied with his youthful good looks. Long ebony hair drapes down in a dark curtain past the waist line with a set of red eyes peering happily.

Black plugs, tattoos, and overall grunge look give a rebel air to his naturally comfortable vibe. Taking the last few steps onto the porch smelling the scents from inside, with a smirk he mumbles Nice place. Pushing the door open he pokes his head inside with a singsongy "helloooo". Finally walking in Jadus removes his black ring, tattooed hands from his pockets rubbing them together. Looking around the establishment for some assistance.

Timid Knight

"You know how to put someone at ease, don't you?"

Nial's sarcastic drone replied to Jerboa as she spun around. When a guest strolled inside, he lurched up from his seat at a random table, and the seat suddenly went correctly upright with a small bang. He stood up and edged around the woman wearing an over-sized men's clothes spinning in the center of the room, over towards the bar counter.

Sliding behind it, Nial smirked at the guest. This bartender, Nial was missing his right arm, and had even chin-length natural shade red hair, and green eyes. He wore some unremarkable long sleeved shirt and jeans, despite the technology of the nearby town. He looked at the darker color scheme of this guest and compared it to one of the silent lurkers in the room, Rikky.

"Welcome, the kitchen is out of the commission at the moment, but I can get you something to drink."

Dapper Gaian

4,475 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
Kaname and Ramza

Yukai WindeRiver

Jadus Arzina

Raising his hand, Jadus waves replying "howdy, some tea would be great. With a splash of lemon." Walking to the tan couch, his barefeet slapping the ground, sitting himself on the arm. The warlocks eyes flash for a quick second, seeming like a ring of fire starting from his iris before expanding. Finally disappearing at the edge of his eye.

Waving a hand a black book appears in his hand open, the pages are red with black ink. The writing on the cover is a dead language often used in the weaving of magic. Turning a page he says "huh...how about that."

Dangerous Geek

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
"Yesh. Zhe fabric flowersh. I bet he'd enjoy zhat...probably make enough to garland zhe town." Demyx's tail twitched slightly as he fought the temptation to drop to all threes to follow Ramza; it would have drawn too much attention, despite being easier than walking on one leg and a peg. "I moshtly want zhe jeweler shettled ash shoon ash poshible, sho we have time to come up wizh deshignsh for zhem to work wizh."

"Weird circles?" What did circles have to do with anything? Mariner did his best to think back, about anything to do with circles and the town in the entire time he'd been there, and couldn't come up with...wait. "Was that what the...System was doing when they took over the town? Putting circles all over everything?"

Thieving Lunatic

"That's an easy enough direction to avoid." And a fairly safe one as well. It was easy to think of things to do with extra flower decorations. The cat king looked down at the edge of the garden, pondering fields of fabric flora.

"For the jeweler... Well I can probably have a clear list of who is available in about a day or so. As for travel...."

Torr pondered a bit and moved the rest of the way from the garden.

"Well it should all be within the week." Hopefully that was quick enough for two.

------

Chris briefly halted in surprise, for some reason he just assumed Mariner knew more than him about the whole situation. But there wasn't really a reason for the man to be more informed than him really.

"Yeah... They're like... these magic circle things." The teen shrugged slightly trying to think of how to explain it, and in the end resorted to finding the pictures in his phone.

"Lots of them were pretty much utility I think...." He trotted a little bit faster to hold up his phone towards Mariner, a clear picture of a circle carefully painted over a window on the screen.

----
The spinning lady slowed to a halt, feeling a little dizzy and looking as such.

"Well I do know... in theory how to do that... but I'm as good at that as getting people to trust me. I think I need more practice first!" She offered a wink to the red head as he left to help a newcomer.

Jerboa looked at the man and his book with a keen interest for something new. This was someone she knew nothing about at all.

"Oh no Nial, he wants fancy tea. Are you sure you're up to that?" She teased.
-----

When another creature entered the inn, the already wound up Rikky tensed even more, his usual look of angry irritation was upped just a smidgen more as he glared toward the intruder.

Abruptly he jerked his gaze away and contemplated the availability of sharp objects.

Timid Knight

"Sounds good to me?" Ramza grinned at Demyx and Torr, still questioning in case Demyx had thoughts on the matter.
He decided he was perfectly content with that wait time. They could finish up what they needed to treat Signum, talk to Yukai, and otherwise make sure Nial hadn't set the Inn on fire in his absence.
While walking, he took a slower pace ahead of the group, trying not to get too far ahead of them this time.

-------

Nial contemplated what would happen first, Demyx would get back and see the empty kitchen, or Chris and Mariner would be back in time to at least mitigate any sort of problems. He rolled his eyes at the Jerboa as she spoke, and fixed up tea to the best of his terrible ability.

After a time, a tea kettle whistled, and the man got his cup of tea. (If still present)

"Tea is no problem. I can't burn water, can I?"

Dangerous Geek

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
"Shoundsh good to me too," Demyx said, a little more firmly. As much as it would be nice to get everything done instantly, he was well aware that it wasn't feasibly, and the nagging thought in the back of his head that they had to get back soon was coalescing into a reminder about Signum's medicine, and the knowledge that he would die if they couldn't create more of it soon. Not that Demyx liked the man at all, but the information he had could be critical. "Sho...we'll be back in a week or sho, zhen?"

"...Huh." Mariner examined the picture on Chris's phone with a critical eye, but it just seemed to be a fairly basic circular design, with nothing to suggest it might be even the slightest bit harmful. "What do you mean by utility? Because I remember hearing about these things, but I thought they were made to knock people out."

Thieving Lunatic

"Be back in a week, and if things happen to fall into place a little sooner, I can send you a message." Torr smiled brightly and held up a paw. But he was trying real hard to keep a good happy expression. Because he also wanted to keep them here a bit longer. However he had actual things he needed to do aside from waltz around town all day. "Is.... Is there anything I can send you back with? Any little treat you might want? Blankets? Guards? Food?"
------

Chris struggled to blink, then brought his phone back and flipped through a few more pictures. "Well yeah, I guess there were a ton for knocking people out. But there were some for warming or cooling plates. And I think some for filtering water. Um." He frowned a little before continuing. "There was a series of them that could draw energy from people and I think fuel a generator?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff