Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Knight

Super Important Guidelines to posting here!

First of all, thank you for actually reading the first post. Second of all, we really do want other people to join and post, and you're welcome to lurk the OOC without actually posting IC.

This Inn is based in a fantasy kingdom in a medieval stasis. There are no cars, paved roads, nor electric lighting throughout the building. Magic is a thing here. Modern characters and science aren't banned, but please react appropriately to the setting!

There are banned character types due to past instances, please read the rules.

ALL OOC should be in the OOC thread! All warnings will be in the OOC thread!

OOC Thread Link: Click here!

Index:
1st post: Current Title + Link to OOC Thread
2nd post: Appearance of Building
3rd post: The Rules
4th post: Ban List and Idiot Point List
5th post: The Battle System

Timid Knight

(2)
Appearance

Map:
First floor:
User Image

Immediate area outside:

A large hill of grass rises out of the forest, with a single little dirt road climbing up and down it, passing a relatively new stone building. A two story construct, with a roof that's patched up and older then the walls, a neat patio that seems to be weak, with a small dust problem. Behind the building, directly, there is a sharply tall cliff, that a person couldn't climb without proper equipment. Up there, there is even more forest area, a dragon's horde, and what remains of a very old stone building.

So this strange inn rests against the bottom of a cliff side... people are sparse.

Inside:

Behold! Upon opening the door, you are greeted of the scents of fresh flowers and grass, and peering across the room, you will see the bar counter, with stools that were seated with real leather, the counter neatly polished. Behind the bar counter is the door to the kitchen, and just to the right of it is the upstairs.

To your right, from the door, is the rest of the room. Tables with smoothly carved legs, ornate tablecloth, a soft soothing sky blue with silver embroidered edges. Chairs with quite similar cushions put into them. Booths are set along with windows, with creamy and rose colored vases, decorated with white flowers and little buds of yellow flowers.

The area around a bend has a fireplace, and set up were two warm tan couches, with additions of warm velvet pillows. There was also a nice comfy lounge chair by the fireplace, made of a dark red leather, with a woven blanket that has angular pattern of diamonds on it. In front of the fire place is a very decorated rug, depicting a tree growing out of a lake, and three moons of primary colors in the background.

Kitchen

The neatest room in the building. Directly when you enter, there is a wood stove across from you, used and aged, but certainly workable. Along the walls are where some clean pots dangle, freshly washed. Many cupboards are spotted with dishes and spices. For whatever reason, a highly out of place, large machine known only as a refrigerator is here. Self powered, and probably brought in by the strange occupants.
In back, there is a cupboard which is really a door, behind which is flight of stairs descending, at the bottom a large pair of steel doors, unlocked. Within that secret room is a series of many weapons, as well as some wine.

Timid Knight

(3)
Rules

Quote:
Rule System 10/30/12
If you get 3 Idiot Points, you're blacklisted and banned. Simple. Different rules reward different amounts of Idiot Points. I've grouped the rules to try and make them easier to look through.

1st Order of Rules:
Involving OOC or interpersonal disagreements.
1. No harassment or trolling of any sort, even in retaliation of a rule breaking.
-1 Idiot point for each incident, all 3 if it becomes an ongoing event.

2. Insulting the staff OOC is a very quick way to get banned.
- 1 Idiot point if we're not sure if you're trying to be insulting, all 3 Idiot points if we're sure.

3. No Advertising other threads in the RP thread. The OOC thread is okay, however.
-1 Idiot point for the Advertiser, and if they are the owner of said other thread, 1 Idiot point for all of that thread's staff.

4. No posting in OOC repeatedly in the main thread.
- A handful of warnings, but if it continues despite that, 1 idiot point.

5. Do not PM staff about issues unless you absolutely need to discuss something privately.
- No consequences, but I will redirect you to the OOC if you PM me about something trivial.

2nd Order of Rules.
Involving being a courteous RPer.

1. No Cybering!
- All 3 of the idiot points and your posts deleted right away!

2. No puppeting other person's characters without their permission, nor any abusing of permission!
-Idiot points rewarded upon severity: 1 point if you puppeted a reply of words, 2 for actions, 3 for anything considered completely out of character of the character you puppeted!

3. Please give everyone about 10-20 minutes to post, even if you're only interacting with one person!
- A good handful of reminders/warnings, but if it persists 1 idiot point.

4. No making up NPC bartenders or innkeepers! We've got plenty of staff that would love to talk to you.
- A warning, and if you don't reply to any staff IC or OOC then you get 1 Idiot point.

5. Don't change the time of day or weather without checking with others in the OOC thread!
- Everyone facepalms and we just return the weather back to what it was. We'll give you a friendly nudge in the OOC thread though.

6. If your character is rude, IC, expect workers to refuse to serve them, IC. Don't complain about it in OOC.
- Only if you complain about this OOC do you get 1 Idiot point.

3rd Order of Rules
Involving what kind of characters are allowed. All of these are decided by past incidents, feel free to curse those mostly anonymous fellows who ruined it for you.

1. No Immortal characters. You may try to get them approved, but I'm going to be frank. That's not going to happen. Characters that do not age are fine if they can die by combat.
- All 3 Idiot points if you actually post that character without approval. 100 if you try to pretend you had approval.

2. No ancient and profound evils. There are too many people RPing the 'Greatest evil ever was known' to be taken seriously.
- All 3 Idiot points if you actually post that character.

Final Order of Rules
Anything and everything concerning fighting.

1. You are not allowed to fight unless you have a correctly done stat sheet.
- 1 Idiot point for trying to initiate a fight. 2 Idiot points for actually fighting, including accepting challenges from those with sheets. 3 Idiot points if you fail to stop, fill out a stat sheet correctly and restart the fight, or arguing.

2. Staff, current and future, will receive Idiot points for approving stat sheets that are incorrectly done.
- 1 Idiot point per sheet.

3. You must wait 24 hours after joining the thread before you make a stat sheet.
- 1 Idiot point for failing to do so.

5.You must post in the OOC with your proposed stat sheet for all to see. PMs to any staff member will not qualify. This is considered incorrectly making a sheet, and it will be void, and staff shall be penalized according to Rule 2 of the Final Order.
- Incorrectly making a sheets has no extra consequence, but you cannot use it to fight.

Old rules for the sake of cataloging;

Behold the five rules that have been placed, more can come along later, and I'll make sure to leave a big notice if they do.

1) No harassment or trolling of any sort, even in retaliation of a rule breaking.
-I advise in complicated situations to ignore the person, and informing myself or a regular. Just so someone knows why you are, even if I'm too intimidating to talk to.

2) Godmodding is forbidden.
-If there is debate upon if someone is godmodding, then the majority of those present can determine.

3) The Inn counts as 'my character', therefore major damage to it, (Anything that would be to the extent of rendering a room useless.) must be cleared with me beforehand.
-When Inn rooms are occupied, the owner of the room counts as the owner of it, and have to okay any damage to it.

4) Advertising other threads is not approved, unless it is cleared with me and you've posted here before.
-Private RPs used to not clutter the main bar during story events are perfectly okay.

5) Try to keep it PG, no need for cybering, or ridiculously over the top gore.

Timid Knight

(4)
Blacklist/Ban list

The Dashing Gentleman 3446455

Idiot Point list

Timid Knight

(5)

Fighting System

Past Events

Pre-Inn:

A group of friends once lived in another tavern, they went across many journeys, and obtained many scars and closer relationships. More and more joined their ranks... and eventually they would find themselves here.

Established in the Inn:

There seemed to be a invasion of the previous home, thus leading to the various occupants leaving, and reason for staying here.

Thus starting the camp and restoration of the building.

Over the months, some have come to enjoy it here, expand, restore, the building, as well as lose arms and blossom love.

Timid Knight

(( *Cuts giant red ribbon.* Thus I declare thee open, may your fine... old... musky... smelly building eventually be refined. ))

"EYAAAAAAAAAAH---!!"

A brief oval of light opened up, the bright gleaming hue of light blue vanishing almost immediately. Leaving the red haired boy to stumble forward over a broken chair leg and catching himself on the bar counter edge. Sword clattering behind it, the familiar black and red blade. After a moment of catching his breath, he stood up, dusting himself off.

The boy was wearing some normal medieval trousers and tunic, but this time complimented with a half plate, some heavy duty leather gloves, and small shield. A red symbol that vaguely resembled wings on the armor and shield.

"This isn't the Tavern..."

Adjusting the glasses he wore, looking about with red eyes.

"Or... at least... I hope it isn't. Well... I think it looks somewhat different."

Thieving Lunatic

In another would stood Yukai. The blond snapped his fingers in vexation as he watched a blue oval disappear before him. Too late, and after all the effort to find the kid.

"Ah well."

He opened up the old box he'd managed to yoink from the tavern, taking out a small device and looking over it with sigh. Two down already. Yukai shrugged and snapped the thing in half, bracing himself as he jumped through the portal that opened up.

The blond thief came out, landing in a crouch as he looked around. This, wasn't where he'd expected. Old, empty, and unfamiliar.

"Nice place, Pipsqueak."

Dangerous Geek

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
User ImageI like to make myself believe that Planet Earth turns slowly...

For some reason, he was just...sleeping under a tree, still holding that weird staff he'd picked up so long ago. The guitar was nowhere to be found, though that didn't mean it wasn't still around somewhere out of sight. And he actually seemed to be resting easily, for once; maybe the wandering life he'd always threatened to take up had actually done him some good. Then again, by some inhuman coincidence, Demyx happened to be sleeping within twenty feet of the old tavern's front door...

[[I couldn't think of anything else...]]

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep, because my dreams are bursting at the seams...
Picture by Kaname and Ramza
((Man, poor Nina is not ever going to arrive. Also, we've established that Yula can't go through portals, so she might never show up, either. And... Mitya is on the run, and.. Shigatsu had been left behind, I'm guess. None of my characters are cool enough ;-; ))

Dangerous Geek

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
[[Make Nina suffer a freak portal accident somehow?]]

Timid Knight

((It's all cool. Nice picture by the way... Hehehe. So I guess that a few weeks passed and Demyx healed up? ))

Ramza stopped, looking over his shoulder and stared at Yukai, blinking as he watched him come out of the portal. He then chuckled and shook his head at the Phantom Thief, where did he come from, anyway. He crossed his arms lightly, and walked around the bar counter to retreive the sword he dropped. Gently taking the blade, twirling it be the handle briefly, the sheathing it.

"Well, looks like I better try again to get back to the b-... home. That home I like most."

He chuckled, retrieving something out of his pocket, a small device that betrayed the mideval appearance. Pressing some buttons, pausing, shaking it lightly, then trying again. The think hissed in response and burst forth a puff of black smoke.

"... W-well, maybe we're not to far from there... who knows, maybe it's w-walking distance?"

Laughing uneasily, he hadn't packed rations, and it wasn't in his plan to be with Yukai. Boy was he glad the thief was here now... it'd help. Walking around and out the door, watching as it fell off it's hinges and kicked up dust. Coughing while stepping forward and off the porch.

"Man... I hope someone's near."

Shaking his head lightly, then looking over to someone and waved, the dusty glasses making him not notice who it was at first.

(( Freak portal accidents are handy. Or maybe Nial can show up with Nina, looking for Ramza 'cause he disappeared from home, and he could carry Yula in a special jar? Or she could arrive later with Sammy somehow, and Yukai can kidnap Shigatsu at some point. ))

Dangerous Geek

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
User ImageI like to make myself believe that Planet Earth turns slowly...

Demyx still didn't wake up. He wasn't nearly as light a sleeper as Axel, and Axel apparently hadn't made it to this world yet. He just twitched his fingers slightly, clinging a little tighter to the staff, and made some faint nonsense noises.

[[Yeah, something like that. And he's lost the last of his dragon features.]]

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep, because my dreams are bursting at the seams...
Picture by Kaname and Ramza

Thieving Lunatic

(( >.> hmmm....Perhaps ...*mind breaks* can't think of anything *flail* *grabs Doctor and shakes him* Fiiiiiiix it!

...Rikky is good with ghosts...and transporting them...>.> In a way.))

"Who knows? Man this is great!" A whole adventure was what this was leading to.

Yukai cracked up and shook his head. Watching the door with a large smile. Jeez this place was run down. He waved away at the dust that rose up and blinked. Some one was out there, some one rather familiar. How in the world? He leaned around Ramza and patted some of the dust off of the boy.

"M'lord?"
((Lucis could drag Nina through a light-portal, if you don't mind Kiddo.))

Timid Knight

(( I have a grand plan. Perhaps Nial went to go retrieve Ramza since the month had gone by, heard that he wasn't there, and went to back to the Tavern to start a search party. Nial just going up to Nina and being like 'Ramza's missing, lets go.' And since Kolai/Monkey wants to post too, we can just say he walked in at the wrong time and Nial was like 'You too.' And then Lucis was like 'I has portal.' Perhaps because she was worried about Nina? *Post incomming, will include Nial if we're cool with this idea.* ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff