Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Regular

5,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

User Image
"Alice come on," Emryck said standing up, "Please, stay and talk with me would you?" his voice was pleading. "You are right, I don't know how to handle you, I didn't know how to handle your mother either, but we found a way to make it work, and I need that with you," he continued, taking a step towards her, reaching out for her.

"Please, come back, talk with me, help me," he begged, eyes eyes had began to water. He looked pathetic.

The pain he felt from his daughter's rejection was more than he could stand. He hadn't felt pain like that since he had lost her mother. He deserved this, he knew that. That still didn't stop the excruciating anguish at the sight of his daughter storming out on him. He stood their staring at her as she walked away. His little girl didn't want him in her life. His only connection to Cassidy and his life, the only life he could remember living anymore.
He had always cherished those memories of her, especially as they grew to know each other as she had grown up. That was all in the past now of course, and she had made her point clear about that.

She made her way to the door, ignoring him. He didn't know what to do. But he couldn't let her go. Not this time. Emryck lept towards the door with all his agility, attempting to beat her to it. He threw himself in front of the doors and spread his arms wide.

"Please Alice, please don't leave. I know that I am not easy to get along with, but for what it's worth, I am your father, and I am trying to connect with you. I am willing to do whatever it takes. I will go into work right now and set my desk on fire if that's what it takes," there was no anger in his words or on his face, but pure fear.

McChelly's Husbando

Dapper Werewolf

9,725 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image
Morgan Rowan WhelanLone Wolf

┏━━━━━━━━━┓

Morgan watched Ristar use her magic to vanish her slippers and found the painted toes cute. She was obviously beautiful and sexy, but he didn't think it was often she let the comfortable and relaxed cute look come out.

When she pondered the idea that she may have been expecting more than was fair, Morgan's shoulders drooped and he nearly made a whimpering sound like a dog being kicked. He wasn't quite as thick as Ristar thought he was. His race had a high very high sense of smell and part of it was to help them know whether they were facing an enemy, a friend, or even a lover. Between that, and the constant if even sometimes failed teasing between himself and Ristar he knew about her feelings.

He stopped and turned to face her when she took his hand, and he gently squeezed in return as he listened to her explain herself. After she was done, he was silent for a moment trying to think of what to say before finally speaking "I know..." Morgan felt bad that he had known all this time but just kept it to himself out of fear, and now he was going to have to explain himself "I... like you too." Boy that sounded stupid "I like you both in the 'Hey, you're totally my best friend' and way the 'Hey, how about you take out your cuffs and show me how bad I've been' kinda way" He squeezed Ristars hand tightly with one hand, and scratched at his beard idly with the other. "But when you've been such good friends for as long as we have, it's scary..." He tried to explain "And working from home isn't much fun... having to work with handcuffs all the time, I think I would rather be the one cuffed, so that makes it more complicated..." Great, now he wasn't shutting up and he was saying stupid s**t that only he would think was funny.

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Lotaras Lothanius's Other Half

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
User Image

User Image

Before she could so much as pull the door open, there he was blocking her exit. Irritation etched itself into her pale features, her eyes turning hot as she watched him. What in the hell did he think he was doing? Hadn't she already said her peace? She opened her mouth to tell him to get out of the way, only to pause when he spoke. Alice hadn't been born with the same emotional skills her mother and aunt had, but she couldn't deny the fear on his face. What could he be afraid of?

"Setting your desk on fire will solve nothing and earn you a one way ticket to the loony bin." She told him, folding her arms over her chest as she watched him. "As for the rest, how do you think you'll accomplish such a feat? The only thing we ever had in common was my mother, and she's gone." Again, the ache in her heart returned and had Alice rubbing absently at the spot as if to ease it.

Alice highly doubted he would be able to find a way for them to get along. He had been around for gods only knew how long. And she was a product of the technology generation. They were as different as apples and oranges, for crying out loud! But, she knew her mother would at least want her to try. No matter how little sense it made to Alice.

WITH;; Emryck and others || MOOD;; Confused || THOUGHTS;; 'Even in death she has me doing what I don't want to...'

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
User Image

User Image

The response her words received were, as always, not what she had expected. Her starry eyes widened in surprise and her hand slacked in his own. Wait, what?! He had known all this time and he had continued to let her act like an idiot? Not sure whether to be mad or impressed at his ability to keep things to himself, Ristar listened and watched him closely. She wanted to make sure she didn't miss a single thing, even going so far as to wrap them both in her powers. She had always made it a point not to poke around in his feelings, but all bets were off now.

"Hang on, how long have you known? Why didn't you ever say anything or act on it?" She asked, only to have him answer her with his next words. Granted, she understood where he was coming from, but she had never thought of it that way. Scary as it might be, the pros outweighed the cons in her book. Besides, didn't best friends make the best lovers? You already knew everything about the other, so there was less change of awkward interactions. At least, that's how she had always viewed it.

His last few words had her blinking at him for a moment before she burst out laughing. Oh gods, he had not just said that! Unable to resist, Ri released her hold on his hand and threw her arms around him. She hugged him close and tried her best to stifle the giggles that were still bubbling up out of her. He was such a goof!

"Morgan Whelan, I swear you are going to be the death of me." She confessed, leaning back to grin at him. "Now that we have all of this out in the open, what do you want to do? I mean, we can stay friends only if you are that worried about it. I don't want to lose you, even if it means I have to let those feelings for you go." Ristar asked, her voice both understanding and serious. The ball was in his court, and as much as she knew how he hated being the one making the big decisions, she hoped he would this one time. For her.

WITH;; Morgan || MOOD;; Amused and a little nervous || THOUGHTS;; 'This is so weird...But good too...'

McChelly's Husbando

Dapper Werewolf

9,725 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image
Morgan Rowan WhelanLone Wolf

┏━━━━━━━━━┓

Morgan had expected Ristar to be using her ability to get into one's head on him, but apparently she hadn't been over more than half a century. His sense of smell however was a little bit harder to control. He imagined it wasn't easy for her to put a wall on her powers to block them, but it was a little impossible for him to stop smelling things. He supposed he could plug his nose or stuff it with something to help keep the heightened sense of smell down but that would be weird. "No Ristar, I'm not plugging my nose because you stink" He imagined having to tell her if she saw him with cotton balls shoved up his nose.

He shrugged when she asked how long he had known about their feelings for eachother. "How long have I known that I love you, or how long have I known you love me?" He asked, though really it was the same thing. Time was a hard thing to keep track of for an old man, so he used large world events to approximate around the time something happened. "It was just after I started working for the UN?" He said in an unsure guess-timate "So a few years after World War II?" After a moment of thinking about it, he was certain. "When I got my job with the UN, you were the one I told before anyone else, even anyone in my pack. You were so happy for me getting a job that was just right for me... I know a good friend would be happy for someone, but it was just..." He shrugged and waved his hand in the air, not sure how to finish his sentence.

Morgan laughed a little along with Ristar when she showed her amusement and returned her hug tightly. "Well I'd hate to do that" He replied when she teased him, jokingly telling him what a pain in her a** he was. When she asked what he wanted to do now that they had so awkwardly shared their feelings, he stopped for another awkward silence as he thought. He really didn't like being the one making decisions that included other people "I don't know." He said, trying to think of what was going on in both their lives, and how that would "I suppose if you're wiling to risk me "being the death of you" and being okay with me being off for random weeks at a time with work, it may be worth trying" He felt bad now for not coming out earlier to really help get the NOTHING IS HAPPENING BETWEEN TURID AND ME point in her head, and now he could just hear Turid's voice if she heard about this conversation. "I knew that was going to happen while you were visiting her" She'd say, giving Morgan a backhanded tap on the shoulder "I ********' knew it" It was true... She did ********' know it

[I'm pretty sure Turid is asexual]

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Interesting Regular

5,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

User Image
"She wasn't the only connection between us, we had just spent more time with her than with each other. Your mother and I had been together for a long time, and she was there with you while I was stuck in that damned war. Let's try to find some common grounds between us, what can we do together that you would enjoy? I'm willing to push past nostalgia and make new memories with you," he insisted. His voice still was full of concern and worry. He was panicked and it shown.

Emryck knew that he had the time and the motivation for whatever it took now. Yes, he should have done this when everything had went to hell, but it wasn't until she openly expressed herself that he truly understood how far they had drifted apart. It had been small things at first. He'd stay late at the office instead of coming home after his shift. She would stay late at a friends house or have her door closed and her music up when she needed to be alone. That's when he started accepting assignments away from his desk, putting him back in the field for a few days at a time. Then she started school and was away from home. He had helped her move something to her apartment, and at first would drop by for a little while, drop things off, go through the normal catch up conversation, say their goodbyes and then go.

There weren't many of those visits, and then there became none of those visits. To him she was living her life, without the worries that he and Cassidy had before, those ends had been wrapped up. So when she didnt answer a text, or didnt respond to a voicemail, he didn't press. She deserved her freedom that she had not been given as a child, and to him he was respecting her boundaries.

Now it seemed, he had been mistaken. She hadn't wanted the freedom that he had given her, what she wanted was his attention and affection, especially with the loss of her mother. Emryck did not often seek companionship in others, but simply accepted it when it was there. The loss of so many in such a lifetime made it commonplace for him to enjoy solitude when he received it. Now he realized how much he had alienated her in his search for solace in the loss of the only woman he had loved in that way in as long as he could remember,

Emryck feared that if he did not put in the effort now, that he would forever lose what connection with her forever, and for the two of them, that would be a very, very long time. He couldn't risk that. Not with her. Alice deserved a loving father to take care of her, that she could rely on when things went wrong. She should have a father that was there to share and cherise the happy times with. It was his hope that they could share that together, now that his head was properly clear.

McChelly's Husbando

Dapper Werewolf

9,725 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
((Sorry for being MIA guys! Been a little busy. I should have posts up soon. You are welcome to time skip, though, if you want. Make it a few days later. smile ))

McChelly's Husbando

Dapper Werewolf

9,725 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
[I have no idea what to do for a time skip, so unless our homie wants to do for a time skip I'm cool to just wait. I understand that you got s**t to do. I was just teasing]

Interesting Regular

5,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
((OOC: I'm fine with just continuing on Ri, no worries! When you have time you have time, Im certainly in no rush. I'm in the process of designing a new character, so I have all the time in the world to wait.))

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
User Image

User Image

Time had passed rather slowly within the walls of the Dark Haven. Without the hustle and bustle of patrons, and a few regulars, it seemed as if the building and the world around it had been frozen. No new creatures strolled through the trees. No new voices echoed among the furniture within the tavern. All life had simply given up or passed on from the grounds. All except for one. One who would forever be bound to the place and would stay until her final breath left her body.

Ristar Black, the proprietor of the establishment, went about clearing the dust and cobwebs she had let grow within her home. Her long scarlet curls were pulled up high in a ponytail, swinging playfully against her ivory features as she moved. Her sinful body was clad in a pair of cutoff shorts and a dark blue tank top. The shirt was cut low in the front to show off curves many men had drooled and died for. Her feet were bare and one leg was raised slightly as she stretched up to clean the stubborn bugs from her rafters. Alabaster skin held a slight rosy flush from her efforts while her sapphire eyes narrowed in frustration over her task. Should anyone walk in, they would see a simple woman doing a simple task. And they would be so very, very wrong.

"Goddamn it, come on! You are the last one and I won't share these walls with your creepy, crawly a**!" She growled as she stretched further towards her prize. The duster in her hand finally made contact, stirring the web and its owner. Of course, this just pissed off the spider and it jumped at the attacker. A shrill squeal escaped her rosy lips at the antics of her prey and her body jumped back in an attempt to avoid contact. The result: Her falling from her stool and ending up on her a** with a resounding THUD!

"Are you kidding me?!" Ri screamed, along with a string of curses that this particular author isn't comfortable repeating. The profanity was accompanied by a frantic search of her body, her hands slapping at any possible hiding place for the spider. The creature in question just so happened to have ran and hid nearby, but our fiery heroine remained oblivious to this fact. Her total focus was making sure the fuzzy beast wasn't making a home somewhere on her body.

"Ugh, the next time I have to do this I am just going to roast the damn things!" She promised, huffing out a breath as she pushed herself to her feet. The heebie jeebies were still lingering in her head and had her shuddering a bit. Oh, how she hated bugs! Forcing herself to take a few deep breaths, Ristar gathered her dropped items and groaned at the pain in her backside. That was going to leave one hell of a bruise! Another batch of creative curses passed from her lips as she moved, her hand snatching up the stool to return it to it's home.

With her chores completed for the moment, she washed her hands and went about fixing herself something to eat. The task was one of routine and not hunger. If she had her way, she would have simply gotten drunk on her latest delivery of bloodwine and whiskey, while spending the entire day lounging in her bed in her underwear. Or naked, since she didn't expect any customers or random family members to show up. Her children had long since stopped their incessant need to pop in. Not since Riley and Aurora had walked in on her strolling stark naked through the house. The memory had a snicker bubbling out of her, an image of her son's absolute horror etched forever in her mind.

'Serves him right for not calling. I don't need them to check up on me. I'm a grown a** woman, for crying out loud!' She mused to herself as she cooked, her hands grabbing a pack of frozen chicken along with random vegetables. Her daughter, on the other hand, had been more amused at the situation. Ri had a feeling the little seer had known what they would find had the visited and hadn't bothered to warn her brother. The pair were as thick as thieves, but that never stopped Aurora from making it a point to remind her six foot four younger brother that she was the eldest. Even if he did have almost a foot on her in height.

Just thinking about it had a smile tugging at the ends of her lips, the emotion softening her usually cold features. While she might not have needed them to see her, each one of her children knew that they were her world. The greatest things to ever come from her and her legacy in this lifetime. From her eldest Lily, to her baby Riley. Each one was a testament to the amazing gift she had been given. Being a mother was the one thing she had done right and the one thing she would never regret. No matter how much she wished she had chosen better when it came to their father's.

The thought of her ex's began to sour her mood, so she shoved it aside. Cooking while in a negative state of mind tended to affect the food. Plus, she didn't want to end up burning the place to the ground. She still held on to very volatile emotions where her former lovers were concerned. Each one had taken a piece of her with them and she still hadn't gotten them back. Decades had passed since the first, and the most recent still seemed like yesterday. And yet, through it all, she was still here. Walking through the halls of her home and continuing to live the life she had been given. Alone. Always alone.

WITH;; Herself || MOOD;; A little bit of everything || THOUGHTS;; '......'

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces