Dapper Werewolf

9,725 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image
Morgan Rowan WhelanLone Wolf

┏━━━━━━━━━┓

Like the ham he often was, Morgan exaggerated the tug Ristar gave on his arm and gave and exaggerated trip before following her out the door. "I'm always good for walkies" He agreed, understanding that the other two needed some space. He knew that Ristar's family had some complicated past that could have inspired Shakespeare or Homer for their writing, but he didn't really know anything about it. If Ristar ever wanted to talk about her family drama, he was there for her to talk to... Well, maybe not always there, but she could find ways to get a hold of him.

"Don't worry about it dearie" Morgan told her when she apologized. "There are occasionally fights in the pack, but they usually get taken care of" Most fights were taken care of by either those fighting, by the beta, or by the alpha, but there were two families who still didn't speak to each other after generations of the dispute but no one could remember what the feud was over. "Drama happens" He tried to assure her, though he had a feeling her drama was bigger than any he had in his immediate family or even in the pack.

He shrugged when she asked about him thinking of taking a break from work. "I do love work, but I take a break sometimes to spend time with my family." He said as he stuffed his hand in his pockets "But I was thinking while we were working near here that I haven't taken any time off to spend time with my best friend away from home" He was actually managing to be serious for about five seconds before he pointed a finger at her "Now don't let that get to your head or anything." He teased, knowing she already thought she was 'the s**t' as the kids were saying. He did think she was the s**t, but he wasn't about to say it out loud. Her ego was high enough

[They both think the other has a high ego xD]

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

McChelly's Husbando

Dapper Werewolf

9,725 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
[Hey, I got tipped! *bows*]

Lotaras Lothanius's Other Half

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
User Image

User Image

All Alice could do in response to his words was nod. What else could she say to him? Her thoughts ran along the same track as his, remembering how it had been her mother who had kept the three of them together. Without her, the pair had no idea how to talk to each other. It seemed she was more like him than she had first assumed. The thought had her wanting to sigh, but she ignored it. Instead, she turned her body to face him and listened to the rest of his words.

"Ah, I see. Well, I suppose that is good. You'll get a vacation and all that." She replied absently, not at all caring what he did with his time. She had never been interested in his work, and he had never been around to be interested in hers. Even with her mother gone he had been distant, putting up walls between them that both hurt and confused her. 'Why didn't you want to get to know me....What did I do wrong....Could I have done better....' The same thoughts she had always had towards him returned, darkening her gaze and causing her to focus her attention on the bottles behind the bar. Looking at him for too long hurt, though she would never outright admit it to him.

"I've been fine. School and work of my own have kept me rather busy as well." Alice admitted when the topic turned to her own doings. She left it all rather ambiguous, feeling like he didn't really deserve to know more than the basics about her personal life. His mention of being worried earned him a scoff and a shake of the head. Yeah, like she really believed that. If he cared, or worried as he said, where the hell had he been all this time? Why hadn't he tried something other than a random call or text every week or so? It made no sense to her. Of course, she kept this to herself as well. He wasn't the only one in the family that was well versed in the art of secret keeping.

"I'm good, thanks. If I want something I can just..." Her voice trailed off as she waved a hand above the bar, shadows pulling together to create a glass on the counter before her. A peach colored drink rippled within it, even though she had no intention of actually drinking it. Thanks to him, she was half human and that made her a bit more of a lightweight than her mother had been.

WITH;; Emryck || MOOD;; Secretive || THOUGHTS;; 'Why is he even trying now?'

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
User Image

User Image

His easy acceptance and understanding did a number on her mood. It was always nice when she had someone around that truly got how her family was. Morgan was one of few who had seen firsthand what her family was capable of, so it was nice to know she didn't have to apologize or hide things from him. It allowed her to return to the relaxed state she had been in when he arrived. Another perk of having him around, she mused as she listened to him talk.

"You didn't have to come and see me, you know? Even if you were in the neighborhood and all that." She told him, knowing how much he loved spending time with his family. "I'm sure there are much more important things you could be doing with your time then coming out here and feeding my ego." Ristar added with a laugh, sticking her tongue out at him when he pointed a finger at her.

It gave her a bit of a thrill when he called her his 'best friend', while at the same time irritating her. They had always played the cat and mouse dance over the year, flirting and teasing but never actually crossing that line. Not that she hadn't tried, she thought in amusement. But, their friendship always won out in the end and she was left wondering if he even saw her in such a light. Just thinking of it now threatened her bubbly mood, so she tossed it aside and looked back towards the stars.

WITH;; Morgan || MOOD;; Relaxed once again || THOUGHTS;; 'Silly man and his inability to read signals...'

McChelly's Husbando

Dapper Werewolf

9,725 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓

Between the smell of body chemicals and the hints she laid down hard, Morgan knew what was up. He had similar feelings, but he had that cliche "But we've been friends for so long! What will happen to our friendship?" thought poking at him every time that it crossed his mind, so he did the obviously healthy part and tried to ignore it

Morgan shook his head and rolled his eyes when Ristar reminded him that he didn't have to come by and see her after his job was done. "I know, but I would have been sad and I would have missed you, stupid." Oh god, how many times had he said the word 'best friend'? He couldn't remember, but it felt like it was a lot. He might as well punch her in the shoulder and call her "buddy". His mind started racing on all the often ridiculous things did to loudly say "We are friends" "It was close and easy anyway" He joked

[Shotness, sorry]

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Interesting Regular

5,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
User Image

Emryck chuckled as he watched his daughter work her powers to make a drink. Looking back towards the door that his sister-in-law walked out of he gave it a suspicious once over before leaning over the counter and snagging a bottle of beer. He used the bottom of his flask as a bottle opener and popped of the cap, letting it land on the counter.

"Your Auntie would probably try to kill me if she knew I helped myself you know," he chortled. "Well now-a-days at least..." he said, trailing off, looking back at the door.

He and Ristar had been close once, so close that she hadn't murdered him when Cass came over and introduced herself to him. She had warned him, not to let anything happen to her, as if anything that could hurt the two of them would ever have flinched at his mortal a**. It was different when you had the Agency backing you, but on his own, he was tough, but still a push over.

"Your mother used to do that, you know, or something like it I guess. I never had any head for the magic stuff, that was all Alden. She used to always get a laugh out of me having to do things for myself. Ristar would always throw a fit if I ever went behind the bar, while Cassidy just floated or pulled stuff right over to her,"
he was smiling as he talked about them, a dreamy lock in his eye formed by nostalgia.

He turned and looked around at the place, remembering it's size, and the feel of being there. He had always felt welcomed here, but times changed. Ristar had been very decent to him in the regard that he had called his daughter here, at least that's the way it sounded to him. This could be what they needed, just a chance to spend time together and rebuild what had been left to crumble.

"Sorry, the old days do that sometimes, the ones I still remember at least. Why don't you tell me a little about school and work? Hows your apartment treating you?" he said, facing her, a forced, but cheerful smile was on his face. He wanted to seem relaxed, but he doubt that was coming through. It had been a long time since he had ever relaxed.

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
User Image

User Image

"Ah, the one thing that makes every girl's heart flutter. Being told they are missed then being called stupid." Ristar teased at his answer. She knew he was joking, so she didn't bother taking offense to his words. The next thing he said had her laughing and shaking her head. Strike two, Morgan. It seemed they were both off their game today. Normally, their flirting antics went off a lot easier than they were now.

"oh, ouch. Now, not only am I stupid, but I'm easy too." She feigned insult, putting her hand over her heart and shooting him a look. "You know, you have a real talent for sticking your foot in your mouth. You should get that check on." Ri tossed back, unable to help herself. He was setting himself up for failure with every word he said. Deciding to give him a life line, she came to a stop within the clearing she loved so much and settled herself down on the grass. Her starry eyes danced with amusement while her rosy lips curled up into a grin.

"So, now that you have called me names and made me question your sanity, why don't you tell me about your last case? Why didn't your partner in crime come along with you to visit me?" While she waited for his response, she stretched out her fuzzy clad legs and crossed them at the ankles. She contemplated changing just for the hell of it, but decided to leave it alone. She wasn't in a temptress kinda mood at the moment, so why bother?

((No worries. Though, I do wonder what he means by 'the smell of body chemicals' XD ))

WITH;; Morgan || MOOD;; Amused || THOUGHTS;; 'So cute and so oblivious...'

McChelly's Husbando

Dapper Werewolf

9,725 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓

[Doggos sense pheremones of other aminals around go help them know what's up around them. I was having trouble thinking of that word]

Morgan winced when Ristar called him out on his sad crashes and then burns. It was obvious it had been a while since he flirted with Ristar, or anybody for that matter. "Hey now, I only meant to call you stupid. Not because you are stupid, you were just being stupid. I didn't mean to say you were easy" He explained when she played the offended act. "and if you didn't know I was good at putting my foot in my mouth, then you haven't met me" He joked as he sat down in the grass next to her.

"Turid went to turn in our report so that it was in as soon as possible" He said when Ristar asked where his partner was. Though both of them knew Ristar didn't like her, Turid was the one to suggest she just go and head back while he visited. He couldn't really find an argument against that, so he agreed it was a good idea "I can't really talk about it a whole lot" He told Ristar when she asked about his work "but there was a necromancer in the town near by who was building an army so fast, it was making the UN nervous so we tried to talk to him and we tried to take him in, but when we couldn't..." He said as he closed one eye and made the gun shooting movement with his hand. In reality of course, it took a lot more than just one gun shot

[Ugh more short s**t]

┗━━━━━━━━━┛
Nessie scream
cool Nadia

The sound of leaves crunching under footfalls filled the still air, breaking the once quiet ambience of the forest. A woman who looked to be in her early 20's made her way through the peaceful scenery, the scowl on her face a stark contrast to her surroundings. Her attire was grubby to say the least, caked with the dirt and stories of travel. The yellow trim lining on her black jacket and pants had been soiled to the point that it looked more mustard yellow than the pristine canary it had been, which did not sit well with her at all. The only part of her that didn't seem to be sullied was her sword and scabbard that hung from her left hip, their clean condition a statement to the type of person she was. She stopped before a waterfall and brushed her dark brown fly away hairs behind her ears. She was listening for something.

With a nod like she had found what it was, she turned to the right and looked down the path that seemed to lead to the mysterious whispers of power. She strode forward with confident footsteps, ignoring the feeling that she was being watched.

Eventually she came upon a clearing with a quaint building with a sign reading "The Dark Haven" hanging on its front porch. It was an unassuming building, if one didn't take into account the aura it exuded and the fact that it was a randomly placed building in the middle of nowhere. The scowl on Nadia's face softened as the prospect of a meal and the possibility of bathing crossed her mind. It was in that moment that one of the gold hooped ear rings she wore flashed for a brief second and a voice with a singy song cadence to it rang out.

"Hoooh~, this place seems fun Nadiaaa~. Lemme out to play, I promise I'll be gooddd~."

Before the voice had even finished speaking the scowl had already returned to Nadia's face. "Stuff it Nessie. This is the first place we've come across in weeks. I will not let you ruin this." Nadia's voice was crisp with an air of authority behind it, the kind of voice someone from an upper caste of society would have.

"Be careful 'Princess', someone might hear you talking to yourself. Wouldn't wanna mess up that precious image of yours now would ya?" Nessie's voice said with a hint of laughter and mocking in it.

Nadia just ignored her as she made her way up the front porch and to the door. She took a deep breath and softened the features on the face, placing a sparkle in the dark brown eyes and a small smile on her lips. She straightened her back and adjusted her clothes before opening the door and stepping inside, her voice giving way to her entrance. "Hello? Can I get some assistance?"
User Image
User Image

With nothing more than a sudden poof of smoke, Alden, clad in red robes and scarves, appeared upon the porch. The smoke quickly disappeared, leaving the person covered in cloth who seemed buried within their own clothes.
]"Ah, excuse me," he paused looking at the stranger at the door. "Perhaps we should enter the establishment? I believe someone will turn up soon enough."

The person dressed in red, was neither tall, nor short. They were dressed in a fine variety of red and white cloth, with great black knee high boots. Hanging from their side, attached by chain is a locked book covered in archaic symbols. In the other hand, and finely crafted hand made broom.

"That is if you are looking for a warm place to rest your feet. Ristar owns this place, quite the character I might add. Very interesting to talk to. Please, find a comfortable seat."

Alden patted his chest and disappeared again, reappearing further inside upon a fine leather couch. He made the appearance her on occasion, but not in some time. A great deal had fallen to his plate as of late, and his talents had been required for extensive purposes.

Looking around, he saw that Emryck sat at the counter with a young woman. Alden felt it best to leave him alone for now. To see him in this establishment was peculiar, he had not been here in sometime, for good reason he imagined. But that was for him to deal with, if he required assistance, he was sure that Emryck would ask for him.

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
User Image

User Image

"I suppose she has her reasons for feeling that way." Alice mused. She knew exactly why her aunt disliked Emryck, but she wasn't about to tell him that. If Ri wanted to share her emotions, that was on her. All she wanted at the moment was to slink back to her apartment to be alone. To surround herself in her books and let herself get lost for a little while. It was always easier to deal with things when she was in the mind of someone else. Her own seemed a little too crowded lately and it was starting to wear on her.

At his mention of her mother, pain sliced through her heart. Her hand reached up to rub at the place on her chest as if it could ease the ache. She didn't want to talk about her. Especially not with him. There had been a time, right after, when she had wanted nothing else. But, that was over and done. She was far better off bottling it all up inside and ignoring it. Or so she thought.

"She snapped them up into existence. It's something she and Auntie Ri have in common, other than their looks." She told him flatly. Memories of her own flooded her head, though they were of her mother and her at home. As much as Cass tried to raise Alice normal, it was hard for her to ignore the instinct to use her powers. It brought a ghost of a smile to her lips, thinking of her mother trying to start the dishwasher without giving in to the urge to just snap them done.

When he spoke again, Alice snapped back into reality and shook her head. He wasn't the only one who got lost in the past. There were times where she wished she could stay in those times, lock herself up in nothing but memories until she forgot that Cassidy was really gone. Of course, that was impossible. She had bills to pay and clients to take care of. Life moved on after death, and she was reminded daily of it.

"School is fine. Work is alright. And my apartment is the same as always." She told him, her voice giving nothing away as she spoke. The sound of the door opening lured her starry gaze towards it, surprise glittering in their depths at the sight of someone new. How long had it been since she had seen someone enter that wasn't family? Unsure of that answer, she put on a polite smile and waved at the girl requesting assistance.

"Just tap the bar and say what you want. It'll appear for you while you wait for my Aunt to return. If you need anything besides a drink, let me know and I'll do my best to help." With that said, she returned her focus to her father and waited for him to respond. She hadn't missed the entrance of the other male, but she decided to leave him be. He seemed to know her aunt so she assumed he knew how to get things for himself in the bar.

WITH;; Emryck and others || MOOD;; Unsure || THOUGHTS;; 'Why did she have to call me here?'

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
User Image

User Image

As he explained himself, a scarlet brow lifted slightly in amused curiosity. She didn't know whether to find the situation funny or offensive. On the one hand, he was trying his best to be honest. But, on the other, he was calling her stupid whether he meant to or not. Shaking her head, Ri went with the former and simply laughed. Yeah, it had been a long time since they had been around one another. It showed in their lack of tact when it came to dealing with the other.

When he continued on to explain about Turid, she let herself lie back on the grass and close her eyes. She was listening still, but it was just more comfortable this way. Of course, his mention of a necromancer nearby had her opening one eye to peer up at him. She caught his gesture and shook her head. As long as he took care of it, that was all that mattered to her. Ri had too many ghosts in her life as is, she didn't need any zombies added to it.

"Well, I'm glad everything went as planned. It would have sucked if he had made his way over to me. I've never had to deal with a necromancer before, so I wouldn't even know where to begin." She confessed, closing her eyes once more as she relaxed. Her powers picked up the presence of newcomers in her home, but she ignored it. Alice was there, and if anyone could do the job of hostess as well as she could it was her niece. If there was anything important she needed, Ristar knew she would reach other.

"So, other than seeing your best friend during your sabbatical, did you have any other plans for it?" She asked randomly, simply speaking to keep the silence away. She was really at a loss as to what to do with him, not quite sure where they stood anymore thanks to the absence they had shared lately.

WITH;; Morgan || MOOD;; Amused || THOUGHTS;; 'Silly man...'

McChelly's Husbando

Dapper Werewolf

9,725 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓

Morgan watched Ristar raise an eyebrow which he knew meant she was pondering at everything he had just said. When she responded with nothing but a humored chuckle and shake of the head, he took that to mean she wasn't too offended. Morgan stretched his legs out and crossed his ankles while smoothing out his kilt. He wanted to sit comfortably, but also in a polite way that wouldn't let just a bit of wind drifting by lift the fabric and cause a show. Once he had the fabric and his sitting all evened out, Morgan leaned back and put his hands on the ground behind him to hold him up.

"We would have gotten you out" Morgan said when Ristar shared her gratitude that they got there before the Necromancer found her inn "And if we didn't, you would have got him." He left out the fact that being one of the first supernatural investigators to join United Nations when they started their supernatural branch five years after their founding, gave him some seniority. Along with that, being one of the few to decide which case to go on instead of being simply assigned a case was one one of them. As soon as he saw a case near Ristar's inn, he was on it. He didn't want to let anything get near her, and it would be a good excuse to go down and visit her. He wasn't sure how Turid felt about felt about it, knowing how much Ristar disliked her but she did her job anyway and teased Morgan, like she did.

When Ristar asked about his plans for his sabbatical, he shrugged. "I could go see the pack for a bit. I haven't really thought about it" He admitted to her realizing how stupid it was to just take leave without having any real plans "How much does it cost to stay here a month?" He joked

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Interesting Regular

5,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
User Image
Emryck watched as the other person popped there head in, and turned to Alice who just told them to come in. For a moment he though he saw someone else, but then a puff of smoke obscured the figure. He recognized the voice. Alden. Another face from his past, and although not technically a coworker, Alden did assist the Agency from time to time. Normally he would have been polite, but he didn't want any distractions right now from his daughter. This was hard enough as it was without including the mage and his over eloquent pattern of speech.

"You are right, she does have her feelings on the subject, and I don't know if I can argue them," he let out a sad sigh. He missed the relationship he had shared with Ristar, especially in the happy times when Cass would run offense to deter her from getting overly angry.

"Do you still have that old journal of mine I wrote for you? That fellow over there wearing too much red is the fellow that actually was the one that enchanted it with my voice, before he got called off to other things," Emryck mused as he gave another glance at Alden.

It was a strange coincidence that he had sauntered in, given that this was already an unlikely, but welcome encounter.

"I know its probably a silly little artifact now," he went on, looking down at his beer before taking a swig. "That was a happier time. The three of us together. I still can't believe I've been lucky enough to have had you both in my life. I know I haven't been the same man since what happened to you two, but I want you to know that I really do love you Alice, even if I seem cold and distant sometimes. I don't mean to," he began to ramble, but paused and took a breath.

"What I mean to say is that I am sorry. I shouldn't have locked up like a did, and you were still young at the time. If it hadn't been for your Auntie helping out, I don't know what I would have done. Sh**, I'm sorry, you don't want to hear this right now," he stopped abruptly and looked down at his beer.

How do you apologize for something like that? What he had done, locking himself away like that had shown just what sort of man he was. He had never liked that part of him, and he knew that it was some left over trait from a time before he could remember.

Emryck rubbed his eyes with his right hand and tapped the counter with his left. "Water, please," he muttered. A glass of water with ice appeared in front of him and he took a moment to take a few sips to help clear his throat.
What she must think of him right now for doing this. Maybe Ristar was right and he was just a b*****d. Did Alice really need someone like him in her life, father or not? He didn't know.

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
User Image

User Image

While he settled in beside her, she couldn't help but snicker. She didn't need her eyes open to know what he was doing. Why the Scotsman always wore a kilt, even outside of Scotland, she would never know. She didn't have the same heritage he had, so she couldn't understand. Of course, that didn't stop Ri from wanting to conjure up her flames and send his skirts flying. It was always fun to mess with him, especially where his clothing was concerned.

"Aww, you'd be my knight in plaid armor." She teased, opening her eyes to finally look up at him again. "Though, it would be hard for me to play the damsel in distress. You know how hard it is for me to let others come and help. I'd probably be in more trouble than normal if he had shown up, what with my smart mouth and all." Ristar joked, another snicker passing her lips. With her luck, she would have just pissed off the Necromancer and earned herself more hell for it. He would have had to save her in more ways than just dealing with zombies, she mused as she watched him.

"Like I would ever charge you to stay here. You're on the special list of people who have a permanent room here." She tossed at him, shaking her head at him for even asking such a silly question. "Besides, what would I do with the money you would give me? Have you ever, actually, seen me spend money before?" Ri added in amusement. Thanks to what she was, and who she knew, she never really needed money for the things she had in her life. The perk of being a supernatural, she mused to herself.

"What about your partner in crime? Is she taking a sabbatical with you as well?" She asked, part of her hoping he said no. It wasn't that she didn't like Turid, she just didn't understand the woman. Something about her always seemed to rub Ri the wrong way.

WITH;; Morgan || MOOD;; Amused || THOUGHTS;; 'Silly man...'

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces