Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lavish Lover

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

℣ ↾ ѵ ianxxxxxxxxxx ϩϯѻʆєȼӄ

The bodies on the dance floor slowed at an alarming rate. The beat and music seemed to become muffled for a moment, as if someone had stuffed cotton into Viv's ears. The grinding, sweaty bodies that created an appalling but very animalistic and humanistic scene on that rainbow dance floor almost halted in time. And with a blink of her eye, everything was back to normal. Viv found herself scrambling in the brain to catch up to the way things were, and turned an uneasy look towards Nikolai. He had moved normally, not absolutely slow. Ah, but now was not the time to confirm if she was crazy or not. No, now was the time to confirm if she looked like a whore or not. And the man, being such a sweet guy he was, decided to give her the answer Viv wanted. Though the smile was off, what with the scar upon his lip, the words and the wink with that scarred eye just made Viv's heart sing. With a proud smile upon her face, Viv turned towards Alex with a smug look. But Viv wasn't all that arrogant, she refrained from sticking her tongue out at Alex to mock how wrong he was on her appearance.

Viv turned her gaze back to Nikolai, pearly whites now shining through and thus he could now note the fangs that had been cleverly hidden before with her closed lip smile. Not any longer. Vampire, through and through. Odd with her tanned skin? Perhaps. Odd that she wasn't drinking 'wine' or 'blood' or something of the sort? Ah, well perhaps it was strange. But who questioned such things anyways? "Thank you, and you are looking quite dashing..." Viv held her tongue on explaining that he might want to consider dressing up next time. But the image of him in a nicer top and not such scruffy jeans was too comical and wrong. Even more comical when she pictured him in a suit. So, instead of allowing her thoughts to be known and her lips to part in bubbling laughter, Viv took the man's empty glass and refilled it with the vodka and coke, not to forget the ice as well, and placed it back down, noting the small dips in her bar surface. A frown obscured her pretty features for a moment as she let a finger gently run over the once smooth surface. "I just opened this place. Try not to ruin it," Viv stated before turning her head back towards Alex.

"Ah, see, not everyone thinks that people who like to dress more revealing are thus considered to be sluts." Viv grinned, stepping her way over towards Alex but not far enough to keep Nikolai out of the conversation. It was an odd distance between the two, but Viv would try to manage. Or, she would go and enjoy the dance floor with the rest of the guests. She was not trying to make Alex feel bad. Oh on the contrary. Viv just had a way about her that she enjoyed teasing people, pointing out what might be a flaw but making light of the situation. If one couldn't get her humor, they may feel as though they were being picked on, but Viv definitely did not mean for anyone to run out of her bar crying. She figured if they were old enough to be in the place, they were old enough to handle horrid humor.
"..Let's see..Do I really feel like being normal?.." Clyde stood just outside of the establishment, his lazy crimson gaze focused on the path ahead of him while his mind replayed the events of lastnight. It was a dim, dark and long walk into the bar, one that could easily be avoided should he just pop in as he had popped out. But it was a talent that if not warned, could bother another. It could be considered unsettling even. However for Clyde, it was nothing more than a convenience. He was happy to be born with such a defect, and perfecting it was the best part. It took him a few years and several of those attempts he regretted. But looking back, it was worth it in the long run.

Tanned hands fidgeted lightly in pockets as he tried to decide how to enter, eyes falling shut to imagine the inside of the bar and nightclub. Nude lips tucked between teeth as he decided on the perfect place to poof into, and with a confident smirk, his figure would shimmer. In an instant, Clyde would appear in the middle of the dance floor, crimson eyes shifting wildly as he had accidentally dropped himself into a crowd of dancing clubbers. He groaned inwardly, his orbs rolling in annoyance as he danced his way through the crowd, bobbing his body to the beat to weave through the people. Damn it's hot in there..

Free from the dance floor, hands lifted to smooth down over the front of his button up shirt, the color matching his crimson eyes perfectly while dark denim hung loose upon his legs. Black boots carried him closer to the bar while his gaze shifted over the people that occupied the stools, he recognizing only two and the others well, he would get to know them tonight perhaps. Viv and Alex were the only two present he knew, but the length at which he gazed at Viv obviously lasted just a tad longer than that of Alex. She had more working for her, especially with that short skirt. It looked great on her, and complimented her toned legs, but he would wait to address her about them later. She was..busy and the dude well, he was a big guy who possibly demanded big attention.

Approaching a stool he would lift a leg to take a seat, eyes scanning the bar top and inspecting the drinks that were present, an arched brow lifting as he focused on the milkshake. ..Alex.. He thought, a small grin tugging at his lips as he shook his head lightly. Tonight, he wasn't exactly sure what he would drink. Especially since eyes would manage to drift to the same glass he had from lastnight, the twenty he folded into an umbrella just to give Viv a kick still present. His smile weakened as he extended a hand to the glass, sliding it towards his person as fingers plucked the umbrella from it's rim. ..Maybe she didn't see it.. He half kicked himself for trying to be sweet. No, he did kick himself, and then he would pocket the twenty and slide the glass back to where it once was.

It was okay. He would just pay her tonight all at once. But before he could do that, he would have to order a drink.

Winner

( I had uber-writers block. Plus, my computer has ten minutes left of battery life...SOOO... )

User Image
"Go ahead and make my day."

Just be happy...

Nikolai lifted his fingertips, realizing that he had, in fact, left an indention of his muscular fingers. He produced a quirky, child-like smile."Yes, I would look...alright in a suit. Even though I've only worn a couple of them in my entire lifetime. And, they were very uncomfortable. This is why, I choose to dress the way I do."Again, he tapped his fingers on the bar, and the bar returned to normal.

He smiled as he took a sip from his new drink. He knew she had the urge to dance, but that milkshake-wuss wouldn't go.

That I'm on your side.

Calling To The Night

Mood:

Winner

Ha! Found meh chord..

Versatile Heckler

8,100 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
Heh. I see that now, and I wronged you. I bow to you and your superior opinion, milady! Forever superior to mine because more people think it's right (and you twisted my interpretation).
Alex chuckled and gave a genuine grin at his comment, lifting up his near-emptied glass at V in a sort of toast. He then swigged down the rest of the glass and settled the glass softly down on the bit of counter in front of V, then procured another fiver from his pockets and placed it by the glass.
Right, wrong.. he's the guy with the fives.
And hey, she was the one who had to muscle with the three-cent gamble now. A small smirk cut across Alex's face as he gave V a bow of the head.
Well.. One more fer th'Road, Viv.
Ah, wordplay. No matter how poor, Alex loved it. He let out a quick little bellow of laughter before turning to face the returning visitor.

Ah! Clyde, was it?
"Howdy doody or whatever the hell it is to you too" to you too, comrade! How are things?

Alex chuckled and tipped his imaginary hat at the man.
Figured he'd return the greeting he was given yesterday. And again, Alex went back to staring at the alocholic wall of gems as he waited for his milkshake.

Lavish Lover

Milkshake-wuss was not who Viv wanted to dance with. Though normal looking, he was not Viv's type. To be completely honest, Viv didn't really have a type nor did she want to find one.

Single doesn't mean I'm lookin' for somebody.

Viv's eyes were to switch back to Nikolai at his very odd ability to know what she had been thinking, curious as to why he would be delving into her mind at all, when those deep pools would focus upon a returning customer. Glossy lips, more nude than the pink they were the other day, pulled up at the sides as she made her way over towards Clyde and noticed that he was pulling his glass over towards him. The umbrella that had been placed inside was picked out, unfolded into a twenty dollar bill, and stuffed back into his pocket. He seemed slightly disappointed, and Viv felt disappointed as well for not noticing the glass before. She had been so caught up in opening for the day and getting the drinks for the early rush that she had completely disregarded any of the dirty glasses on the counter. Though the fact that she had missed such a charming little gesture did not slow this woman down. Oh no, that would not cloud her excitement for seeing yet another customer return to her bar.

That was two for three. Pretty good, if you would ask Viv. "I see you just couldn't get enough of the dance floor. Did you sneak by me earlier and hope that I wouldn't see you busting a move out there?" Viv asked playfully, removing the dirty glass from the counter and noting that Nikolai and fixed up his dents in the bar. Good. She would have probably smacked him if he didn't. Her nimble fingers dumped any of the rest of the contents of that glass out into a sink under the bar before placing it in the dishwasher, followed by a few other stray glasses that had been placed on the bar from the various guests passing through. "You were looking good, from what I could tell. Let me guess, the lawn mower is your favorite move." A twinkle in her eye allowed for Clyde to know that she was obviously giving him a hard time, and Viv just couldn't help but laugh. The image of him even trying to pull off such a silly move just brightened her evening. "What can I get for you? I'm assuming not another tequila sunrise.." Viv said, to finish off her little greeting. Still a bartender and owner, she had to do her job, even if she just wanted to chat.

And speaking of doing her job, Alex decided he wanted another milkshake. And the horrible word play was a sign that he wanted another of the same. Viv gave him a little grin, knowing she had completely twisted what he had meant with his words of her outfit, but decided to refrain from continuing the conversation. Once more she blended up a milkshake and set it in front of the man, pulling the five dollar bill from the counter and stuffing it in the cash register with a bit of a sigh and a shake of her head. Milkshakes over booze. What was this world coming to?

[[Lame excuse is lame. But forgivable ]]

Winner

User Image

Just be happy...

Suddenly, Nikolai froze. To everyone else, it would seem that he simply blanked out for a moment. He saw the nightclub burning, and a lone skeleton walking towards him, a single purple strand of hair sticking out from it's skull....It slowly approached him, while Nikolai simply gazed into the mirror that was behind the ******** carnival of booze behind the counter.

The world returned to normal, and he took a sip from his Vodka. He was going to need a lot more of those. He set his glass down, then observed the new man. He did not know him, and that slightly uneased him. He flexed his fingers, tapping them against his elbow, obviously nervous. The room, for some reason or another, was dying down. The people behind Nikolai were especially..."chill" as most people would put it.

He would put it as a trance to shut them the hell up. He cracked a smile, then looked over at Alex. He couldn't find the words to put it politely, so Nikolai spoke in his usual, husky voice with a bit of vulgarity that you knew was coming."You came to a nightclub, don't dance, not that I am, but you don't drink the BOOZE. And...you get milkshakes. How ******** up are you in the head?"He said, with a little sight thought that he really shouldn't be calling people out on that.

That I'm on your side.

Calling To The Night

Mood:

Versatile Heckler

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
Oh? Finally, some sort of genuine resistance. A fellow fighter, maybe.
No, no.. Well, possibly. The brutes were his type of smart. Alex cleared his throat and chuckled, the chuckle slowly growing into a laugh as he turned to face the man beside him. After his amusement subsided, Alex wiped away at small tears in his eyes as he tried to think up a proper reply to that which was asked of him.
I don't dance because the music is not my sort of danceable, it looks like a clothed orgy out there on the dance floor, and the company is much more pleasant in here. Also, the bass makes my darling little guitar turn her head in shame, but that is another story for another time.
I do not drink because I abhor the taste of alcohol, regardless of whatever concoction the bartender lovingly crafts. Now, there is irony in this as I innately respect bartenders, and usually you'd hate the makers of the hated, but figuring that out is your problem and not mine.
But now I must look like the fool, eh? No dancing, no drinking.. what else is there to do in a nightclub?

Alex shook his head and shrugged, then went back to his milkshake.
I guess my weakness is respecting people more than they respect, or at the very least acknowledge, themselves. I came here to learn more about myself by pitting myself against elements I was alien to. Through this, I learn more about myself, create a different (for me) branch of friends, and generally broaden my perspective and understanding of things. I am here for mental pleasures, not physical ones.
Pause. Talk too much? Maybe. He was provoked this time, though, but he offered a meek chuckle and a bow of the head at Viv as apology.
So, I guess the answer here is "more than you'd assume from your hasty first judgment of me, but it all makes sense in its own way".
Cheers?

Alex offered tipped his glass towards the inquisitive man and gave him a grin.

(Aughrle, the bad kind of wordy. Sorry x_x )
As tanned arms folded on the countertop crimson eyes would shift to Alex as he spoke up, greeting him in the same strange fashion as lastnight. However, the guy simply repeated Clyde's words, it then leaving him slightly confused and to blink abruptly to Alex. Was he just being a smart a**?.. Clyde's lips pursed slightly as he shook his head, side stepping the thought and returning the greeting. "Hey Alex. Things are swell but I could use a drink.." His gaze dropped back down to the milkshake once more as he continued to talk. "But I see you came back just as promised. Busy day for you today?" Posing the question, eyes couldn't help but shift back over to Viv as she chatted with the muscular dude, but their gaze would meet as if she knew Clyde were looking, his arms slipping off the counter as he spun on the stool.

She was damn beautiful, with those deep eyes that swallowed his very own. It was easy to get lost while looking at her, but she was a woman that knew she was fine, and took pleasure in taunting those who dared to stare. Which, sad to admit, Clyde was one of them. Shifting his gaze, he muted the goofy grin that somehow crept over his face, Clyde hoping that she didn't see the dope in him that wanted so badly to stare in awe. But she made it so hard, especially now that she was approaching him.

Tightening himself up, his gaze relaxed, confidence dancing over his posture as she drew closer, eyes somehow removed from the sultry sway of her hips. But before he could greet, she would question his arrival, Clyde now alerted that his entrance wasn't as secretive as he had hoped. An embarrased laugh tripped from his lips as she teased his dancing, he slightly offended that she would guess such a horrid dance as the mower to be his favorite. What kind of guy did he look like? "The mower? Really Viv?.." Clyde paused, shaking his head with disapproval. "I'm more of a shopping cart kinda guy..." Arms lifted and mimicked grabbing groceries and throwing them in a shopping cart to the beat of the music, his shoulders jolting upwards in time for added movement. With a laugh he stopped, crimson orbs shimmering at her warmly as lights flashed over his face. As his laugh subsided, he nodded in agreement about the change of taste. Tequila was good as an ice breaker, but he would want something else tonight.

"A long island would be nice..Top shelf though please.." He asked, eyes fixed on her face but would then slip away as he turned on the stool, arms lifting to fold and rest on the counter top.

Winner

User Image

Just be happy...

Nikolai did not like when people insulted his intelligence. He guessed how many milliseconds it would take to throw him on the floor and stomp on his head, crushing it like a watermelon. The sheer thought of doing an act, which the violence that he had once loved, made him smile a devilish, unholy smile.

He turned back to the front, smiling. He tapped his fingers (gently) on the bar, counting the seconds that he didn't jump up and smash his skull like a watermelon. Again with the watermelon reference, how odd. Maybe he wanted some watermelon juice...

He cleared his throat."Do you have any watermelon juice, by chance?"He asked, tapping his finger on his chin.

That I'm on your side.

Calling To The Night

Mood:

Lavish Lover

Viv couldn't help but laugh when Clyde decided to play along with her tease. Yes, she had noted the dancing as he shimmied his way through the mass of sweat and sex on the neon rainbow floor, but she had more enjoyed it because she knew that he could dance.. slightly. Of course, she would never know for sure until she asked him to dance, or he asked her. Either way... she would never know for sure.

"Ah yes, the shopping cart. Just as sexy as the mower, but obviously for a more advanced dancer," Viv complimented as she watched Clyde perform the move with a little bumping of his shoulders. With a hidden, but not very well, snicker, Viv shook her head and kept herself from rolling her eyes. He was quite a character, and definitely had a way to keep Viv from letting the mass of people get to her. So many people, all quite annoying, and many of which had no idea that when they asked her for another drink.. she could barely make out what they said because they couldn't hold their alcohol well. Then Viv was told the specified drink. Long Island iced tea. Good choice, but not something she truly enjoyed. He would be drinking this one on his own, and without an umbrella. She figured she had humiliated him enough the other night.

"Sure thing," Viv said in a softer voice, picking up a nice big twenty two ounce frosted glass and moved herself over to the many bottles of liquor required. The first few were located on the lower shelves, not a problem. But once again, she had misplaced the top shelf tequila to be located on the.. well.. top shelf. With a grumble of annoyance, Viv proceeded to reach upward, one foot completely lifted off the ground as she got on her tiptoe and felt her fingers just graze the glass of 1800. "s**t.." she whispered to herself as she dropped down with a grumble and looked about for a crate or some sort of stool. Nothing. So, to improvise, Viv placed her hands upon the back shelf, hoisted herself up, and let her knees hold her body on it for a moment as she got down the last of the boozes and hopped down with a light thud. She finished off the drink, kept the tequila on the bottom shelf and slid the large glass over to Clyde with a grin, but her attention was now on Nikolai as he asked for watermelon juice. "Ah, sorry no. I've got Bacardi Dragonberry though...that's strawberry... Not what you're looking for." Viv produced an apologetic look towards Nikolai. But who would think to stock their bar with watermelon juice?

Versatile Heckler

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
A yawn and a delighted scoff. At least he'd gotten a smile out of the man, a gesture which most certainly will never see return. Alex sipped away at his milkshake some more before he blinked and realized a rather crucial thing.
Oh! My goodness, how rude of me, Clyde, you'll have to forgive me for forgetting about you for a tick.
Alex let out a satisfied chuckle and again tipped his imaginary hat at Clyde.
I told V I'd come back, and so I have. I vowed that I'd pay her back in full, and so I have! I stay true to my word, a character trait noone appreciates nowadays.
As for my state of busy? As busy as it usually is. That is t'say, very lazy and laid back. Once you're at the top, you don't have much to do. Granted, all th'blame gets pushed up to ya, but you live with it.

The man shrugged and gave Clyde a salute before emptying his milkshake some more. Taking a much more conservative approach this time, the glass was only around a third empty.
Alex beamed at his glass with satisfaction before realizing he had to fully resolve an issue that was nagging at him.
..Yeah, I really do apologize if my statement actually did offend you, V. Didn't mean to.
I mean, for all that's worth to ya.

After giving the bartender a weary nod and a grin, Alex then leaned on the counter and decided to rather tactlessly watch the man who had seated himself beside him and chosen to keep his name secret. Soundlessly and with apathy in his eyes, Alex's gaze remained fixed on its target, occasionally pausing to take a tiny sip from his milkshake.

Winner

User Image

Just be happy...

Nikolai turned his terror-inducing gaze to Alex. His eyes were cold and lifeless, one of those men who could kill someone and go back to their Vodka and Coke without even thinking about it.Nikolai faced the front, not even bothering to turn to the man as he spoke."Keep looking at me like that, and I swear to almighty God, I will rip out your eyes with the my bare hands."The ironic thing was, that he had hands that could practically be pear paws anyhow. He looked over at him, sipping on his Vodka and Coke with a heartless, cold, soul burning expression.

He sighed, being denied such a fruity drink. He rather enjoyed those, no matter how manly he was, he still enjoyed his juice once and a while."Can you get some for me?"He asked, a pleading spread across his face like a facade on an actor.

That I'm on your side.

Calling To The Night

Mood:
Her smile was infectious, and the fact that he was responsible brought him pleasure, Clyde laughing along with Viv. He focused on her lips as she spoke, having to concentrate on the way they moved to be sure he understood what she was saying, and again he would laugh, a hand lifting to stroll tanned fingers through his raven mess of hair. "Clearly it's for an advanced dancer. But I'm sure your shopping cart is sexier than mine.." He shrugged with a small grin, eyes drifting upward and then falling to meet with her gaze. "But my sprinkler? Now THAT'S damn sexy.." A hand lifted to fan his face, mocking that he was hot stuff. "I don't think you are ready for all of that though.." Lips tugged into a smirk as he watched her face, she then slipping away to ready his drink.

While he waited he glanced over to Alex and the bigger guy, eyes shifting between their forms as they exchanged words. From the sounds of it, Alex had a brave bone somewhere in him to spit back at the big guy, which was completely unexpected. Unexpected on both sides it seemed. But Clyde wouldn't fuel this flame, he would simply arch a brow and look away, nodding in responce to Alex's responce and smiling lightly. Sometimes it was best to pretend that you didn't see or hear anything. There was no need to get involved. Especially at the risk of things getting messy which it seemed they were about to. It was now that the verbal threat directed towards Alex registered in Clyde's mind, he slightly shocked that Alex as harmless as he seemed could gather this much distate from the big guy.

Turning his attention back to Viv as she moved behind the bar, he sighed softly, eyes taking in her physique as she stretched and bent, shifting her body so that she could better reach the bottle at the top shelf, he half wishing he could give her a lift. Fingers tingled lightly at the thought, the thought of touching her and feeling her skin. ...Jesus.. Clyde looked away, biting his lip once more and gathering himself. While she retrieved the desired liquor and mixed the drink, he continued to smile and would nod to her when she presented it to him. A palm would gladly recieve the drink, a single crimson eye winking to her as he lifted it to his lips and took a sip. "Mmm..Very nice Viv." Again with the compliments.

Versatile Heckler

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
A bow of the head.
I can see we have no good words to share between one another. A pity.
With a sigh and a shake of the head, Alex turned back to staring at the Rainbow Dream (the title he had made up for the wall of booze, to be accidentally blurted out on occasion but otherwise kept to himself). He was only a tad mightier than He was, but house rules prevented him from getting too proud and eager to show that off. Oh, house rules..

Alex chuckled and finished off his milkshake, sliding his hand into his pocket to withdraw another five-dollar bill as he grinned at V.
Think I deserve another one, V?
Alex drank away at the more-or-less empty glass, trying to get the delicious little remnants of milkshake left over before finally giving up the glass.
Oh, and let's do mint chocolate this time.
A pause.
He was paying more for his milkshake than others were for their booze. Hm. Milk was costly, but not enough to..
Alex shook his head and let his suspicions float away. A luxury tax for not wanting to hit the sauce in a place that serves all of it. Fair enough, and much less clutter with coins.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff