Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image

"I had never even heard of a clockwork demoness before today, admittedly. To be honest, I'm still not sure exactly what that means." Uro turned to give a quick glance around the rest of the bar. Besides the gay man going on about his complete disliking of the female anatomy, there wasn't much happening. No transformations or mass ponderings at this point. At least now Uro had someone to talk to again.

Turning back again to Rose, he matched her smile. Her words were either flirtatious or mockery; at this point, he could not discern between the two. Still not drunk, but he was really pushing it; Uro didn't drink often, and truly didn't hold his alcohol as well as he could. "Oh, please!" He exclaimed, not quite loudly, but surely full of enthusiasm. Leaning in towards her, nearly to the point of personal invasion, he nodded his head. "I think you know as well as I do by now that that hansom man over there is clearly a homosexual." Come back to his own spot, Uro couldn't help but giggle a bit at his own joke. He was in a zone of comfort, but with demons present, and Uro unsure of what Rose was, he still remained on his toes. Thus, he wouldn't be seduced too easily....though...it was possible.

Sparkly Pup

8,900 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Nerd 50
Allow girl the serenity,

Rose laughed again, "Elves aren't my type, to be honest. I prefer humans or other demons most definitely." She glanced down into her bottle, taking a quick swig before looking back at him. She giggled, "You look like a little bit more of that will put you on your a** darlin'."

to serve Him in peace.

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image

What had the woman with the watch said before about Rose? It was about Alice. How she had acted out towards her, and it would be difficult to scare a...a succubus! Suddenly Uro panicked. He didn't frown, but he seemed a little more on edge. Had to be smooth about this. He could hold his own, but dammit, he'd already fallen for her trick. If it was a trick. Dammit, it was a head game now. Uro was freaking out mentally.

Best to play it cool, let her know that he knew. "Yes, I suppose maybe I've indulged enough tonight." He said, grinning and pushing the Amaretto away from him. "But the night is young and there's always something to indulge in." Leaning back, he pointed a finger at Rose and winked. Time to be sly. "You must be hungry. I'm not exactly the brightest character out there, but I know a succubus when I see one." Nodding, he crossed his arms. "And for the record, I don't think he's my type either. A little too melodramatic." Uro had a giggle much like Rose's (less feminine, of course) but still not quick drunkard. He was simply having a good time. "I'm pretty sure that I prefer women, also." He concluded. "Pretty sure."

High-functioning Lunatic

User Image

~True magic is an art form if you ask me~
~Battle is your canvas and spells are your palate and paintbrush~

Cyrus ears twitched, his already soured temper only further pressured at the quip. His patience was thinner than the finest hairs for impertinence, made all the more grating by his situation. But, provocation was a dish best returned cold, and Cyrus was never a man to ignore a challenge. A simple, quaint gesture of his disapproval of the tone in which the man had spoken would no doubt suffice. An explosion, perhaps? No, that would be a repeat performance. The elven male flexed his fingers, calculating his polite request that the topic be quickly dropped and forgotten.

His hand returned again to the carrier bag from behind the counter, turning it about and opening it. A quick grab for his Grimoire, removing it unceremoniously and quickly flicking through pages before settling upon his desired affectation. His finger danced along the lines, wove the pattern as his eyes briefly glanced upwards and toward the other male. His free hand shifted upwards, rising up and pointing a single digit above him. A small pop and crackle of ether, and the air above him froze to a deathly chill instantly. Traces of water collected from the air, condensed, and froze with a blinding pace until a small spear of ice floated above his finger.

With a small flick of his wrist, it thusly flew directly at a table next to the pair. Smashing it precisely in the center and piercing into the floor. He would, of course, fix the floor later on. But, for the moment...

"Excuse me. I believe the subject would be best dropped. Thank you. Kindly move along."

~The beauty of magic is in the spectacle and wonder~
~So go big and make it a show or stick to parlor tricks~

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image

Uro turned his head just in time, after hearing a crackle of energy, that a javelin of ice was lunged directly at a table. It was a destructive act, breaking the floor beneath and creating a rather loud noise. Sighing, Uro shook his head, and slowly swiveled around on his stool to face the man. He had a damn good feeling that they wouldn't get along. Unfortunately, he was correct. Far, far too correct.

"Now see here." He began, and cocked his head up a bit. "I certainly meant no insult by way of your sexuality. I didn't mean to speak of it as if I disliked such a thing or found humor in such a way of life." His voice grew a decibels, and he was on the edge of his seat. It was not an angry stance he took, just a powerful one, like a speaker might use to persuade an audience. "However, you cannot expect to make a violent and unnecessary uproar in a bar about one's preference in persons, then act insulted when another speaks of such a thing! It's a good example of hypocrisy, and furthermore, does not justify the threat of assault and the destruction of another's property." Nodding his head, Uro folded his arms again and scowled. "Granted, I might not be completely in the right state of mind, but dammit, I'm not without thought. I'll be first to admit that it may have been wrong of me to jest at your outburst," Uro made sure to but a specific emphasis on the word, "but if the subject is to be dropped, silence would be preferred to damn near spiking a man in the leg." In conclusion, he clapped his hands together, and gave the man a questioning look. "Fair enough?"

High-functioning Lunatic

User Image

"...I don't think you heard me properly." Cyrus scoffed, quirking an eyebrow at the male's little display of bravado. "I didn't ask for some pedantic lecture, nor did I request a brief commentary on what is or is not disrespectful toward others." If Cyrus was just glaring at the male before, it was a full on glower, now. His finger still raised, he snapped again and summoned up another small spear of ice for effect. "I believe I stated that the subject, to which I did specifically state I had my reasons for disliking, should be immediately dropped. As in now." If it wasn't one drunken buffoon toying with his patience, it was another and by the gods was his patience ever thin right now. He didn't care to be reminded of how much he hated scheming little wenches, how pathetically immature some people could be about people's phobias, nor did he care that he was being lectured by some self-righteous drunken ne'er-do-well.

"I assure you, dear sir, that I do not appreciate the 'outburst' any more than you. I would prefer we all just move on and forget it happened, shall we?" He huffed, his voice intoned rather coldly. "I do hope you'll make the civil choice, sir. I prefer not to impale people, but my honor has been impugned."

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image

Oh, the man had some bite. As much as Uo liked a bit of roughness in character, he could swear that this man had some superiority comples about him. He presented himself as if he were better than Uro. That was something he disliked. Detested, really. Hated. Despised. There were indeed people better than himself, this he knew for a fact. But to address oneself as such as pompous beyond all belief.

Slowly standing from his barstool, Uro eyed the spear of ice carefully. Magic seemed a lot like cheating to him, even if he had unnatural things of his own. However, he was sure that if it came down to it, he could dodge that spear. It seemed the man had to summon something before launching it, and it didn't quite move fast enough the first time. "I am a civil man, sir." He stated, bowing his head for a moment before bringing his gaze back to his subject. "I've yet to attack or threaten you, and in all truth, simply asking me to cease using such a subject in conversation would have been more than sufficient." Pointing a finger out now, he caught the man's gaze. "All matter aside, the threat of impalement is certainly less civil than my own actions, by far. Retorting to insult with insult, as surely a man of your logic knows, isn't exactly a reliable way to end conflict." Finally taking a seat again, Uro shrugged. "And for the record, some people enjoy a bit of manner, even when they're at fault....I apologized for my misbehavior..." Turning again to face Rose, he shrugged yet again. "I'm just saying."

Suffice to say, Uro was pretty fearless, though logical, when on the verge of drunkeness. His head buzzed a bit, and he didn't recall some of what he had just stated, but he was fairly sure that his point had been made. Uro, like most people, certainly didn't want to be impaled, but at the same time, he really couldn't stand people like the man he'd just encountered. It was worth the risk of being impaled. Maybe. Brushing his hair aside with a slightly shaky hand, he clenched his teeth. Uro was still fully prepared to make a dodge.

Aged Shapeshifter

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Echos of argument vibrated up the thin metal railing as Kurama followed the metal grate stairway downward, black in the gloom, red hair all the redder in the flickering light. Seemed the patrons within were less than pleased with one another, the scent of alcohol seeping thickly out the seams of the doorway. "Oh, dear," he murmured as he swung the door open, peering inside with high brows and a light heart. Honor impunged and impalement, what theatrics.

The demon stood in the entryway with hands shoved deep in the pockets of his uniform, observing casually the bickering with the faintest of smiles. He wasn't used to serious offenses progressing so far with words; normally, a limb would be missing by now, the owner would be screaming about bloodstains and Hiei would be glowering behind him as they were ushered roughly out of yet another bar.

Good times.

"You wouldn't happen to be friends, would you?" Kurama looked between the two men, perfectly at ease and feeling for all the world as though he'd stumbled into a human daycare. "You ought to be, as you're terribly alike." There. That might help diffuse some of their awkward fury, or at least make them trip over it. He was still looking for connections outside of battle, and had little mind to encourage actions counter to his goals.

4,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Alice stopped in silence, her nails dug into the door as she turned her gaze to Cyrus and Uro.. She could feel the comments brewing in her head and her tongue turning sharp and cold.. She wasn't about to control her growing outburst there was no way in hell she could anyways. "I really think that some one should keep their comments to them self and their succubus harlot.." She growled then turned her gaze back to the door infront of her pulling her nails from it and made her way over to Uro "Please don't be so oblivious, Watch what you say and think before you speak and next time.. Next time things won't happen like this.." She stared down at him with a bloodshot look, she was trying to hold back on attacking.. Alice had a nasty habbit of sticking her fingers into other peoples business, She didn't like conflict around her and would quickly problem solve.. No matter what it took to "solve" the problem.

High-functioning Lunatic

User Image

"...By the merciful gods, today will end in blood. I know it." Cyrus huffed, rolling his eyes and groaning before lowering his hand to his side. "You really, really are going out of your way to get maimed, aren't you? Drink can make a person say some really foolish things." His glower became a flat, violent, pointed stare and ambled dangerous between 'kill' and 'maim.' With another snap, the spear shattered into dozens of smaller, razor-sharp slivers of ice. "Your input on my methods of handling being insulted behind my back while within earshot, belittled, and apparently judged by extremely shallow means are all dually noted." Cyrus said, tilting his head and smiling with all the faux etiquette he could muster.

"You will, of course, pardon me however. As I feel no need to show anything towards someone capable of such actions, save the very curt request for you to be silent. As I have, now." Clearing his throat, Cyrus flexed his fingers again and smiled darkly. "I am glad you saw fit to apologize, however I take your tone as most regrettably insincere when coupled with a loathsome little rant. Would you kindly save your pedantics for someone else? I am justified, thank you." Someone was working overtime to see that Cyrus became as furious as possible as quickly as they could, it seemed. Uro was not helping this fact in the least by egging him on, though. Did he want to fight? Why was it that when most men got drunk, they wanted to fight?

Cyrus never could understand why people were like that, but...he rarely got drunk, so he couldn't understand 'drunk-logic' very well to begin with. He turned his head to Alice, sighing in annoyance that his trite little argument had been interrupted and invaded upon. The elven male looked up at the diamond-esque shards of sharpened ice, admiring the beautiful thing he had made for a moment before turning his glance back toward the male. "Yes, I believe the lady has it quite well-spoken. Do watch that tongue of yours, please, it would be a shame if you- wait, what?" Cyrus paused, giving the new arrival a strange look for a few moments.

"Please mind yourself, we're in the middle of something. The bar is open to patrons, enjoy...Where was I? Oh, yes. If you lost it." He said, fumbling for a moment but going back where he was before...goodness that was awkward. If he weren't so angry, he might have forgotten what was going on with that one.

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image

Ah, but there was a voice of reason in their midst! Some man Uro did not know, seemingly out of the blue. Though his words were ignored by others, Uro had heard them intently. Apparently this man knew the elf well, and found that they were quite similar. He supposed the man meant stubborn. Quite. And yet, as Uro had already turned to drop the argument, he found that others were still rambling on about it. How ironic! Even in his drunken state it seemed pathetic to him. This was turning into an interesting game.

Uro didn't turn to face the man, save he go off in a series of unjustified ranting again. He simply stared at the bottle of Amaretto. When he came back to society to once again take in the wonders of the world's culture, he should have known that he'd have to be an alcoholic and a b*****d to stand the people. And he was being double teamed, no less! By Alice, someone who had seemed so kind to this man. Apparently, this man was king here. "I thought this discussion was dropped." He said dully, and looked at the refraction of the light in the bottle. Pretty. Disgusting. His voice sounded bored. Bored of the man. Yes, that was the feeling. "This need to have the last word in isn't changing my judgments, so...as you said...time to move on, pal."

Sighing, he reached up into a pocket (rather dangerously close to one of the bladed weapons at his side), and removed a small metal coin. Spinning it on the bar, he listened to the slight noise it made, focusing so much that it would drown out others. Perhaps it was his altered state of consciousness, or simply the existentialist in him calling, but there was zen in the ring that coin made, spinning on the bar top. Until he felt like leaving, and until Rose either spoke to him or flashed out in anger at him like everyone else, that was his fate. Take it or leave it. Although, Uro had a good feeling that he was about to have his skull bashed in by either Alice or the irritating elf.
Isabella heard the girl's voice and smiled softly a bit more then drunk but not so far gone she would do anything stupid or even forget what she did do tonight. Getting up and setting the half empty bottle down she slips out of the water not bothering wih drying off. Hearing noises as well she did not know who it was but she did know someone was fighting. Grabbing her white towel it was very thick and soft. Hugging it to her body she had to wrap the large towel twice around her hody to get it to fit, the came from her chest barely showing cleavage to down two inches pass her butt. Skimpy for sure but more modest then many of her stage clothing. Walking to the door make a small trail of water droplets from her long hair she opens the door with a frown watching the girl she remeber being called Alice walk away. Looking around the room she fowns harder completely puzzled with what was going on in such a short time. Drinking enough had made her tongue a bit loose as she spoke aloud her thoughts loud enough to be heard. "What in. Hell's Bells happened to make the Elf so mad? I mean can't a girl get a bath?" Stepping only a foot out of her room she looks are puzzled completely lost and had no clue why it even started.

(((Ooc: Isabella flirts with everone and she was not hitting on him, all she wanted was his books honestly... lol she is going to not know what to do when she finds out he thought she wanted in his pants by accident!))

4,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Alice turned back to Uro with a gentle smile, she reached to his bottle and picked it up rolling it around her fingers as the coin dropped. "You know what might help the mood.." She grinned and threw the bottle onto the ground watching it shatter and the left over liquids splash against the hard ground and shards of glass. "I think less to drink, it's not about the last word.. thats just an insult to egg on argument in my books." She glared to Uro then back over to cyrus as she moved behind the bar "All drinks are on full lock down, I may not be the owner here but for christs sake this is just annoying me now." She sighed and pulled out four bottles of fruit juice. "You have these, Tea and water to drink now. " She walked back over to Uro, her fingers softly running through his hair, She dropped her head a bit and looked at him dead in the eyes "Wouldn't you like to do something else now?, Perhaps.. Dance for us as well?" she laughed and slammed a glass of water infront of him, almost shattering the glass. "Drink this, calm down.. And relax my friend."

Aged Shapeshifter

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What a sharp temper the elf boy had. Kurama regarded him quietly, little more than a child, really, costumed in high etiquette. "What was it he said to you which warranted such an outburst?" He asked simply, drawing near the elf, unafraid of the hovering ice shards. The demon's energy was heavy and deep, without ripple as it swelled in a most parental fashion to attempt to connect with the elf boy's. He seemed lonely, and as a result, volatile, lashing out not unlike a cornered, hungry dog. "Surely if it is worth all this trouble, it is worth fighting to settle. And yet-- you both remain unharmed, bickering still." He shouldn't be smiling, really. It would inflame the elf further. It was just the nostalgia, he supposed, strongly reminded of the petty fights which broke out during his stint with Urameshi. Perhaps he simply missed them, and gravitated to the source as a result. "You see how easily it is to be lead to believe you to are friends, instead of enemies."

A glance at the other man, Uro, he thought he'd heard him called, gave him an idea. The woman with him-- could it be? Kurama met the elf's eye again, standing beside him, hands still shoved so nonchalantly in his pockets. "Oh, I see. Was it over a woman?" That would make sense. He looked down at the elf sympathetically, green eyes level with logic and genuine curiosity.

High-functioning Lunatic

User Image

'Oh, dear. The Clockwork Queen is angry,' Cyrus blinked, watching the woman's rather forceful intrusion with some worry. 'I...really wouldn't enjoy being tossed through a wall. Perhaps I should just go back to reading.' The elf sighed again, scratching his head and quickly making his way around the counter and back away from the bar. Powerful though he was, Alice wasn't involved in the dispute, and it was Spiral's establishment- who seemed to default mostly to Alice anyway. In the interest of keeping his unfortunate stay as problem-free as plausible, the male sat down at a table some few feet away, willed his bag to him, and calmly went back to reading poetry. He heard the male ask his questions, rolling his eyes at the odd, abject pettiness and motioned back toward Alice calmly.

This was not the time to talk of reasons, unfortunately. He would be happy to explain that he had a rather...important reason for his reaction, but that would have to wait for another time. Perhaps it would be best he did share, if only to place the rather...immature quips he was dealing with into a broader perspective. Alice was, unfortunately, a rather dangerous bomb wrapped up in sweetest ivory skin. Worse still, that bomb was the primer for another, even worse bomb named Spiral, who was off doing god only knows what right now, and Cyrus was extremely grateful for that.

"I am terribly sorry," he began, trying again to motion to the male that Alice was the reason they needed to just play nice for a moment. "would you like to sit for a moment? Perhaps a spot of tea will help us all stay calm for the time being."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas