Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
The demon scoffed lightly in amusement, "That is the arena..." he muttered under his breath before helping himself to another drink of the concoction stirring lightly in his glass.
"Oh yes though... you'll find I'm just terribly clever." Vhiras grinned coyly, claws drumming against his lap. Whether or not he was being sarcastic was hard to distinguish, but truth be told, the demon didn't have to be too clever to lure and entice mortals and their ilk. They weren't always the smartest collective of short-lived races and vermin, nor the brightest or most honorable.
He chuckled back lightly in response to her. 'A drink'. And yet she'd already had two. At least this mortal was interesting enough; he was beginning to see her more as a source of light entertainment than 'food'. Especially in an otherwise drearily populated lounge for the damned. Vhiras continued his coy smirk, sanguine eyes fixated on the girl, lightly twirling his drink about in it's glass. "Oh come now... The only harassment I have in mind for you involves a good amount of groping and a writhing, slimy tongue slithering against your warm neck... You hardly know what you're onto when you say the company is wonderful..." The demon chuckled darkly, helping himself to yet another drink from the dark, misty glass, his claw-tipped fingers running through his mess of ashen locks and hair, lightly 'grooming' himself.
"Oh but I digress... Or do I? The topic seems rather fluctuating..." Vhiras sighed and pulled out a black cigarette from one of his pockets along with a gleaming lighter. It gave off a faint yet distinct odor of cloves, but, as it hung from his lips and was kissed with flame, the burning of it gave off a very light and faint feeling of sulfur. The demon imbibed and exhaled the smoke off to the side, away from his guest's direction. "But nonetheless, if I've offended you perhaps you're a bit too 'sensitive' to be in the company of demons... My apologies, regardless~" He chuckled again darkly, lighter this time, pleasurably perhaps.

Feral Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
( Goddamnit, why in the hells am I writing so much now?!)
"Terribly clever? Or just terrible?" Her head tilted and she sneered. The alcohol was warming her from the inside out and finally telling her to just damn well stay calm for f*** sakes. She could handle this. Maybe it was just the booze. Hmm... maybe it would be wise to have water. Or something a little less... potent.

Her eyes were focused on the glass when he began to describe his ways of harassment, the hunter slowly blinking at the cup and at the bar. She could have made a comment about it being amusing, she could have sworn most didn't have such a fetish for amputees. She almost did. But Rhea bit her tongue.
"Sounds like a wild night." She said instead. Equally stupid. Don't damn well drink Aqua Regia around those that want to take your soul and maybe spread the remains of your body in the back yard like macabre confetti. But she was smiling all the same, almost entertaining the idea. She figured it was almost clearly a joke, but a girl can dream when she gets a moment or two to herself.

The cigarette was lit, the scent wafting towards her. It brought her eyes back up and she cocked a brow, scratching her fingers through the thick brown hair that had come loose from her braid. She'd need to redo it soon. It got in her damned way. Her mind focused on the light accusation of being too sensitive for being around demons and she half smiled, her 'bare' shoulder shifting in an awkward shrug.
"I don't often partake in conversation with them. Usually we say our dramatic one liners, they fall, and I leave to get paid." Rhea admitted. She straightened up and ran her hand over her hair now. Being drunk made her a bit fidgety and it didn't help he was smoking. She tucked her lower lip into her mouth while quietly staring at the cherry at the end of the hellion cancer stick before looking away.
"But I accept your apology all the same." She almost teased, lifting her head slightly before slyly looking over towards him and sneering. Goddamnit. If sober her saw her now she would have shot her goddamn self.
"After all we can't be perfect all the time..." Her eyes were wandering now, looking at the other alcohols. No, bad idea. You already had Aqua Regia in your system.
"I'm going to be too sensitive again, perhaps. But is there any chance of having just water? Or shall I join you behind the bar and get my own?" She asked. Rhea rightened a little further, one leg dropping down from on the stool as if preparing to come over if needed.

Greedy Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
((It's somewhat normal for what is, at the current, a 'one on one'))

The demon shrugged lightly, exhaling a light breath of smoke. "Both..." He had a bad habit of trailing off with a small pause after speaking sometimes. It was likely a cross between being thoughtful and lazy. Vhiras peered over the woman before him skeptically, only a few moments ago she had, in a small way, scorned his 'advances'. Seemed to the demon the girl couldn't hold her coveted 'hell' liquor. Such was human frailty, he had to suppose. The demon took another drag from the cigarette and blew smoke to the side, pondering this while she 'conversed' at him, keeping his eyes on her with a rather lazy, somewhat unamused expression. It wasn't unheard of for mortals to 'kill' lesser demons and such, nor was interesting for Vhiras to hear of.
He made a thin, wicked grin after hearing her accept his 'apology', going on to make an admittance out of the expression 'Nobody's perfect'. Truly a mortal's limited way of thinking, but it couldn't be helped; Vhiras made a small effort not to look QUITE so down on the lesser races of mortals. After all, they held his curiosity at times and proved rather entertaining to the demon. He watched as she eyeballed his stock of volatile 'poison', chuckling to himself as she instead asked for water. "Feeling a bit 'tipsy', are we...? Help yourself; we are an oasis in the dark..." His claws motioned towards where her glass had been as the familiar 'clink' of ice-cubes fell from the tall glass of clear, cool water beside her... It got rather boring and gimmicky doing that, but for now, it served a menial purpose... Beyond making it quite apparent how vacant the lounge seemed.
"Honestly, Rhea... It's best to keep your senses in situations like these... You wouldn't want to be... taken 'advantage' of, would you...?" Vhiras grinned, licking his chops, tongue sliding over his lips in a somewhat unsettling yet normal manner.

Feral Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The bored, calm look almost looked like scorn to her. Unlike an old partner that would have pouted and huffed, it seemed to righten her a little again. She wasn't sober by any means, but aside from the occasional uncharacteristic flirtation or chattiness here and there, she figured she was holding herself pretty well. Not amazingly, and she wasn't herself. But she hadn't gone looking for Aqua Regia with the intention of constant thought and self concern. No one damn well did. She knew herself to be a good enough shot that need be. She could send off some pretty close warning shots as she got her a** out of there and violence sobered her up well enough for a short time, adrenaline and whatnot. Overall, the demon wasn't quite making her shiver in all the wrong ways yet, so she'd stay here.

As water appeared in her glass now, she settled back into her seat, her hand sliding along the bar and to her glass before taking a sip.
"As you said, can't be letting myself be taken advantage of." Rhea replied, a smirk tugging at her thin lips behind the rim of her glass. Setting it down, she licked her lips, though not nearly as predatory as Vhiras. That gesture had been enough to unsettle her for a moment and think of getting her gun, but her hand kept moving and grabbed her braid, setting it back in her lap.
"Not at least on the first date. Putting out so fast would be terrible for my reputation." She almost muttered the second half, eyes sliding over the bar once again before she was looking back at the demon. She seemed to be thinking of something to say so they didn't fall into awkward silence and didn't have to rely on her possible sexual past.
"Where are all your regulars? Or is this just a painfully quiet night?" The human asked. She twisted the end of her braid through her fingers, releasing it to take a sip from her drink, then playing again.

Greedy Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Vhiras cackled maniacally with delight. Flirting was one of the few, 'simple' pleasures he tended to enjoy, and in truth occasionally the demon could be caught doing it unintentionally and completely unaware of it. Perhaps it had simply developed into his 'nature'. That, and receiving attention was always a plus for a prideful creature such as himself. "Oh I don't know... I'm sure meeting a charming fellow on the day of St. Valentine is a proper excuse for the occasion..." He chuckled darkly to himself. "Rather 'romantic', wouldn't you say...?" He teased, lightly cackling and half-toying with her. He had no intentions for it of course, but if it lead to any encounter the demon wouldn't be opposed to slaking his light thirst for the pleasures of flesh. The demon was quite accustomed to doing near whatever he pleased; hedonism was well within his nature.
Vhiras' tone changed after her question, taking a quiet drag and frowning with a slightly disgusted expression playing over his face. "Regulars eh... Well let's see..." The demon took another slow drag from his cigarette, looking thoughtful, as if in remembrance. "Gay bathhouses... Traveling for some 'quest' or another... Taking on various 'odd jobs'... Dead... And of course, Hell..." He exhaled smoke lightly and chuckled to himself, rather forcefully, with an almost remorseful tone. "Just another 'quiet night', yeah..."

Feral Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The human forced air out of her nose in a snort.
"I suppose." She agreed. She rocked the glass in her hand, watching the ice click softly back and forth against themselves and the walls of the cup.
"A much more romantic scene than what some say the origins are. Go back to the era of practicing Pagans-- real Pagans, not this 'I wear makeup and nail polish' bullshit. They celebrated what's now Valentines day by the men stripping down and hitting young women with whips in hope to increase their fertility." Research into magic and anything else that wasn't 'normal' had done her well.
"I'd be awesome at Jeopardy." The hunter added jokingly.

As the tone changed, her features became grim. She listened quietly, then nodded her head. Don't ask about other patrons or regulars, then. Got it.
"Well, pass around the joke of the supposed hunter going into a demon bar for a drink. Add whatever embellishment you want. I'm sure that'll get someone in here." She offered. It was a weak offer, but she wasn't sure quite what else what to say and again, irritable demons are not safe demons.

Greedy Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
"Mnn..." The demon muttered, downing the rest of his drink and putting out the cigarette before flicking it aside. "It doesn't matter. Patrons leave, patrons come back; some are lost and new customers and prospects are made. Such is the way of business." He smiled weakly, gathering what 'comfort' he could from his own words. The demon's gaze shifted up at her, and his smile grew faintly. "I'd pass it along, but I'm not sure of the punchline just yet..."
He stood up from his seat at the bar, sliding off and towards the middle of the lounge, running fingers through his hair for a moment and sighing, for a moment feeling quite unsure of what to do with himself and the place until it occurred to him that there was a very much alive, very much present patron in his quaint little pocket of a place. The demon turned to her and grinned wickedly.
"Ah, but enough of these fickle matters; they're best left to the past." He cackled, hand pursed over his lips, he was a bit... 'giddy'. The demon's tongue flickered at her 'playfully' before he slinked off behind the bar, grabbing for himself a black bottle labeled simply with three x's and chugging a brief amount of it before letting out a nice gasp of satisfaction. "I have my kingdom; and you're damn well welcome to it! Let's indulge those dark desires and quench your mortal thirsts!" Vhiras cackled maniacally, taking another swig from his vile bottle of poison before exclaiming "So what'll it be, love? Drinks are on me!"

Feral Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
A few red flags were going off in her head. Again: Irritable demons are not safe demons. But she wasn't the type to be real touchy feely or sweet. She was not the compassionate one when it came to her and her partners. And it showed. As Vhiras began to sink deeper into his thoughts, all she could really do-- even with the booze, was sit there and watch. But soon enough he was springing back just as he seemed to do, bouncing from one emotion to another. This might take some getting used to, still.

Rhea cocked an eyebrow and smiled a little to herself. Her eyes followed the demon as he came back, grabbing a bottle and drinking from it. Her eyes wandered over both the demon while she still had him in full view, then the bottle. The hunter then threw caution to the wind, hoping it would come promptly back.
"Would whatever's in that bottle kill me?" She asked, pointing one of her long fingers at what he was holding.
"Other than my mainstay, I'd admit my usual repertoire is boring. Jack Daniels, cheap whiskey and beer." Rhea admitted with a shrug of her shoulders. A thought then crossed her mind.
"Is there a hotel or something near here? I should have probably been paying more attention but I didn't much expect to be drinking." The hunter glanced over her shoulder and back towards the entrance, drumming her fingers against the bar. As much as she wanted to get caught up in the whirlwind of giddy excitement that was this rather ... interesting demon, she didn't want to get caught in a ditch somewhere, hungover and halfway to hell.

Greedy Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
"Rooms are in the back! Rent is a cheap f#%k, a day's work, or stealing my fancy!" Vhiras cackled with a bit of a merry, 'chipper' tone; however genuine it might have been it still came off as unsettling and creepy. He leaned over the bar, snatching her glass and pouring out the plain, tasteless water and spewing out a thin, dark, and pungent liquid hued in a dark, midnight blue. One could almost faintly swear there was a bubble or two pouring up from the glass, as if some creature had drowned in it and given it's very last gasp, and a wafting 'aura' seemed to whisper a sound of 'breath'. Everything of this vile mixture seemed to utter 'Death'. Vhiras chuckled darkly, sliding the glass over to her. "Have some and find out..." He teased rather coyly, grinning wickedly. The drink was, of course, harmless... to demons. He honestly had no idea what effect it might have on a mortal as not one had ever requested a glass of the abhorrent mixture so potent as to cause an immortal demon to lose a bit of his senses. But the demon was rather curious to find out.

Feral Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Alright, he was happy. Very happy. Maybe he was so gleeful because he thought he was getting closer to getting her soul. Nope. That was staying in her own damn possession. It would take a lot for him to get her soul. A lot. Even with that in mind, she cocked her head and gave him a sly grin.
"And what do I fall under?" Rhea asked sweetly. Eurrghhh.. that just seemed ... wrong. She almost regretted the tone as soon as it left her and her stomach contents wanted to quickly join the words' escape. She managed to push everything down easily without showing outwardly that she'd been about to throw up all over the nice demon's lovely bar.

As he poured her a drink, her features became somewhat grim. Now she wasn't so sure. She narrowed her eyes on it before cautiously bringing the glass forward, beginning to inspect it without letting it get too close to her eyes, nose or mouth. When she realized just how ridiculous she was probably looking, she shot a sidelong glance at the demon. Her eyes returned back to the glass and after wondering to herself what she was doing with her life that was so important if she died right now, she took a gulp.
"F---k!" She turned her head and screwed up her face, her shoulder jerking upwards as if the non existent arm would cover her mouth as she held the cup aside. It was vile. Despite appearing to be thin and almost watery, the flavor coated her mouth and throat. Rhea still had her nose scrunched up as she set the glass down.
"I don't think it tastes as bad as Aqua Regia, but it could have just killed all taste buds I had, so I don't know." The human admitted, furrowing her brow and staring at the glass distrustfully. She pursed her lip a little, then lifted her head. Stripper pole...
"You have a sound system anywhere?" She asked as she slid off her stool with a faint thud and wandered for the stage.

Greedy Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
The demon gave his usual dark chuckle, leaning closer and placing a single, slender claw under her chin before she drank. "Whichever your pretty arse damn well pleases..." He laughed again, drawing back and observing the girl as she (barely) managed to down a swig of his favorite poison. The demon cackled wildly, almost falling back, slamming his fist into the bar, wonderfully amused, but almost slightly disappointed that it hadn't dissolved through her entire lower jaw. Claws clutching at his sides, he managed to bring himself under control and calm down a bit, still laughing lightly. "We use that acid for torture y'know... Might have to rework that bit." he confessed.
"Sound...? Oh yes... Yes, it's right here under the bar..." His claws pressed against various switches and turned a knob and dial or two before mounted speakers on the walls near the stage crackled to life, breathing forth an almost warm spray of quiet static. "What's your pleasure darling?"

Feral Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
( Okay! Now I'm *actually* leaving. I try and respond if I can before I leave so I don't quite leave my partners hanging. )

The fingers under her chin almost made her want to n** them off. Or just snap at them, maybe even lick one of the claws just to see what sort of reaction she could get out of him, but she supposed her drinking the BS from his bottle was enough of a reaction for her. Good enough.
"Acid?" Her head swung back towards him and she furrowed her brow, her hand coming up to momentarily rest on her stomach and she made a face before turning away.
"I'm going to hate myself later." Rhea muttered. She then shook her head.
"I guess I'm in the best place I can be if I'm drinking acid. You'd be a dear and bring me down to Hell, right? Though, be gentle. I'd be my first time." Her lips curled back into a devious little grin before she was turning away again, her long braid swinging behind her. She was still staring, somewhat preoccupied, at the stage when he said the sound system was back behind the bar. She supposed that was a smart idea. She turned on her heel, shrugging her shoulders.
"Really I just wanted to get some music playing. It was quiet, which is nice, if you want to be a depressed drunk, wallowing away in your own self misery. If we're going to properly enjoy ourselves, we need music." The hunter explained as she made her way back to the bar. She stepped in behind it, her hand very briefly touching the demon as if to silently move him aside before crouching slightly and looking the sound system over.

Greedy Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Vhiras cackled lightly to himself, the laughter dissolving into snickering. "I'd assume you're speaking of that delightful phenomena you mortals suffer from known as 'death'..." A brief, dark chuckle before he continued. "No... I'm afraid if that happens you're just... 'stuck'. Trapped, really... Not to be rude but if you're out to do any dying I'd ask you do it outside in the alley." More snickering. Vhiras always seemed to be in a very humorous mood. That or he was simply mad.
The demon stood aside, allowing her to examine the monstrosity of a system, feeling... something as her fingertips brushed against him. It was a rather nice sensation, like a cool breeze fluttering over one's skin on a hot day. A thin grin crept over his lips as she bent down.
Oh and a monstrosity the thing was. A tangled, horrid mess of wires, paneling, dead and blinking lights, dozens of knobs, dials, switches and buttons all fused together in some incomprehensible manner, with not even a cd drive or an input slot of any kind to be find. Though between the thin cracks of paneling and meshed within the coils of wires, one could swear to make out the presence of some kind of flesh...
"Oh... she's a bit of a b***h to work, but the sound's so smooth it just tongues at your ears like a playful kiss." Vhiras shrugged and chuckled lightly to himself. "You make a request though, and it'll play..." The system made a buzzing groan, higher in volume than it's usual quiet humming, as if in opposition to it's master. The demon scowled a bit and tapped it with a light kick from his boot before swearing something under his breath about a pile of junk before regaining his sadistically cheerful stature. "So what'd you have in mind...?" He grinned wickedly at her, awaiting her response.

Feral Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
"Stuck?" She glanced back over towards him curiously. Rhea would have thought that all she'd done, they'd be crawling over themselves to drag her to hell. Hm. What a blow to the ego!
"Oh, not a worry. I'll make sure to not die on your door step. Probably bad for business..." The human mused.

Now looking at the cacophony of wires and metal and technology, the girl almost seemed lost. This was the wrong time to come face to face with... whatever the hell this was. She ran her hand over her hair again and looked over the .. thing. After another moment or two, Rhea finally gave up and straightened, setting her hand in her pocket.
"Mmm.. not sure. I don't think I really thought that far." She admitted quietly.
"My musical tastes don't tend to be very up-beat oftentimes, either." The hunter was trying to think of music she enjoyed that might be a little more ... good time friendly.
"You're kind of old..." Her lips quirked into a teasing smirk.
"But Royal Republic isn't half bad. I know a song you'd quite like, actually." Rhea added while looking at the monstrosity in front of her again. How in the hells did you work the damn thing? Voice command? This was way beyond her field.
"'Underwear' Is rather upbeat. You might like it." The girl finally decided as she stepped away. She wasn't quite sure of the demon yet, but the song was harmlessly perverse and very few didn't like songs about sneaking a peek of the hottie's panties under her skirt.

Greedy Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Vhiras scoffed, cringing a bit before kneeling down to the machine. His handling of the device seemed to be nothing more than flipping a switch or two and some random buttons before tapping on it with his claw for a bit and finally giving the damn thing another kick. Sure enough, a shrill screech spat out from the speakers and what followed was Underwear. The demon frowned, already seeming to disdain the upbeat tempo. He shook his head and let loose a small spasm of shivers, twitching horrendously before leaning against the bar with his bottle of hellish spirits. His fingertips spread and slid across the bar in a 'from one side to the other' motion, shot glasses appearing in a row from under his hand. The demon drowned them in the foul mixture before immediately downing several of them and letting out a horrendous thirsting gasp. His attention was now fixed upon the mortal, seeing what she'd do now that she had a bit of music.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff