Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ihes egia
User Image

ҿaȶuɍᶒ № Ƽ ҒƉ₢
                  1ѻ۪ѻѻƼ۪ᶚ-бҸᶚ1Ȣ

The creature continued to do little else but watch the two throughout their conversation. Whether or not it understood anything it heard was a mystery, but its attention scarcely wavered. Even when it heard its own name, it reacted with nothing more than a brief backward twitch of its ears. It eyed the mage warily as he approached, becoming more alert the nearer the two-legger came, but only to rise into a crouch before standing and retreating several feet. Looking between the food and the human repeatedly, it snapped its beak sharply in irritable indecision. The man came bearing food, that was good and nice of him. Unless it wasn't. What if the man meant to poison him? or trap him? It was a monster after all. Such things had been tried before. But the creature knew he couldn't live on whiskey alone, so it cautiously moved forward. Without ever taking its eyes off the man, it got just close enough to reach out, snag the edge of the bowl with a claw and drag it closer. Then it did the same with the tray. It took its time inspecting the food, but eventually did decide to try it. And found it tasty and good.

((Thanks! ^ ^ ))

Otherworldly Garbage

((Huzzah, Tryan accepts the small token well. ^^ ))
((lol yeah. He's been alone for a while, lots of time to think and what not. Are you gonna post again or are we waiting on Miss Lady? ))

Otherworldly Garbage

((That he has! What has he been doing throughout that time? And yes, I'm waiting on Keldara.))
(( Probably hanging around the area, hunting in the woods, squatting in the cottage basically. Nothing too exciting. He never healed well after getting shot, he didn't fly well to begin with and struggles even worse now, so he couldn't really fly out. And he isn't really made for long distance land travel... so yeah, he just kindo' stuck around. ))
User Image

Keldara Tiale Iss'nir

The sorceress nodded her understanding of the requirements for the spell. "Alright, whenever you're ready then." However he intended to scry out the half-elf's location, it was nothing like any divination spell she was familiar with. Fire and blood were more her style than crystal balls and cryptic messages anyway.

Sipping her tea, she followed his gaze to the winged beast off to the side. Another nod would state her agreement to his decision to feed the creature. The last thing she wanted was for the beast to decide it was hungry enough to eat the pair of spellcasters. The whiskey filled diet struck her as unusual for such a strange creature, but then again, she had once traveled with a dwarf that probably had ale flowing through his veins rather than blood. "I've seen more than my fair share of strange creatures in my travels, but never anything like him." There was no way the creature could've been of natural, or even fey origin. Perhaps it was some sort of wizard's magical companion? ...or experiment? She couldn't quite piece it together just yet.

...ACHT ALTIUIRI DI KORINTH!
(( In case you guys move on and I'm not around to reply, as soon as any magic starts to take place, assume Tryan takes off. He very much dislikes magic.))

Otherworldly Garbage

RUSSEL ILUN, THE DARK MAGICIAN

User ImageRussel took a cracker and a sliver of salami between his thumb and forefinger, biting gratefully into the miniature sandwich. He then took a deep swig and a half from the blue porcelain receptacle, savouring the aromatic yet bold green brew, swishing it around his taste buds before swallowing. But was he ready, the dark magician wondered to himself. He paused thoughtfully, moving a few stray light strands of hair from his field of vision before nodding affirmatively. "Very well, I'll grab a few tools before I head out. Once that's done," he the Briton finally returned, "I'll begin drawing the insignia into the soil." With that, he pulled out in one swift motion a pocket knife his left hand, only to rummage around the cabinets. Then, though, a sort of epiphany hit his gaze and he left the counter for the ascending staircase. Just then, the red-haired sorceress made mention of the strange quadruped he had fed. A small chuckled escaped his lips as he spoke in return: "agreed, there, he's a strange thing. Skittish, too, though I imagine he's been hunted enough to merit caution." A minute later, the dark magician returned with a rather ornate chalice, its rim and neck embossed with mysterious geometric runes, an inverted pentagram chief among them; it was a gift, of sorts, a source of dubious mystical energy he had received from his coven years ago. This, he had left in the room he had taken....how many months ago? Certainly, he mused, he had been whisked away into the netherworld for quite some time. The life seemed to have been drained from this peculiar establishment. He met her lavender-like gaze once more as he asked, "care to join me outside? I'll need to conduct the ritual there."
User Image

Keldara Tiale Iss'nir

She answered his question with a simple smile. Of course she would join him - she wanted to see exactly how he accomplished the ritual, and, if necessary, she would provide her own arcane power to aid in the casting. When it came to rituals, the more spellcasters the better. Bringing the tray of crackers with her, as she was by no means done snacking just yet, the redhead found her feet and joined the dark magician at the door. She expected he'd play the gentleman and hold the door for her (if she had to handle it herself or he were to step out first and not hold it, she would likely shoot him a quick glare, but make no further mention of it.)

Outside, she made her way away from the building a bit before turning to him. "Alright, what do we need to do first?" Aside from drawing the insignia, which he had already mentioned. He could do that himself while she handled another task. She set the snack tray down nearby. "Or rather, what all needs to be done." She was sure it wouldn't be as simple as just drawing a symbol, lighting some candles or something and chanting for a bit... that could've been done inside.

User Image

ҿaȶuɍᶒ № Ƽ ҒƉ₢
                  1ѻ۪ѻѻƼ۪ᶚ-бҸᶚ1Ȣ

Sipping her tea, she followed his gaze to the winged beast off to the side.....
...."I've seen more than my fair share of strange creatures in my travels, but never anything like him." There was no way the creature could've been of natural, or even fey origin. Perhaps it was some sort of wizard's magical companion? ...or experiment? She couldn't quite piece it together just yet.

The creature met her gaze steadily. He dropped the half-squashed tomato he'd been about to demolish to stare back at her, his eerie grey eyes seeming to look right through her. It was almost as though he was reading her thoughts and defiantly saying 'what of it?' But that was silly because he was just a creature and creatures couldn't understand human speech, let alone read their thoughts. He might just as well be telling her to keep her beady little eyes off his food, it was his thank you! He dared her to try to take it from him. Or the whiskey for that matter. The creature's blood was probably as much whiskey as that dwarf of her's blood was ale.

Slowly, he returned to his meal but never took his eyes off the two-leggers. His needle like teeth, aside from being absolutely out of place in a beak, were virtually useless except perhaps as weapons. Being long and skinny like needles, he could neither chew nor properly cut and tear with them. With the softer vegetables, like the tomato, he squashed, heedless of the mess he was making, and swallowed it whole. He tried to eat some of the others but mostly they just got stuck on his teeth. So he turned his attention to the meat, holding it down with a forepaw-hand-thing and ripping chunks off only to then have to fight to remove the pieces from his teeth so he could swallow those whole too... it was no wonder he was so skinny when it took so much work just to eat! He watched them talk and make plans and gather supplies and then meander off together and felt no inclination whatsoever to follow. No. Instead, he went exploring for more whiskey. If he had to break the bottle and lick it off the floor, that was a-okay with him. It wouldn't be the first time.

Otherworldly Garbage

❋ℜussel Ilun, the Dark Magician❋

User Image Egad, was Russel that predictable? He didn't give it so much as a second thought as he held open the cottage door for his fellow-spellcaster, adding in a polite nod as she passed into the woodsy clearing. His gaze met the deceptively-dull grey of Tryan's gaze. Turning once more to Keldara, he qualified, "it seems the creature's thirsty for more. I'll be back, pour him another bowl real quickly." He approached the peculiar quadruped cautiously taking the large, ceramic bowl in his only free hand as gingerly. The tepid, clear liqueur came out like liquid glass. Hell, he figured, he was already there, may as well make use of the effort and feed it, as well. The chalice was set on the counter and a large handful of vegetables and pre-sliced deli meats grabbed. After setting down the small donation of food and drink, he quickly took the chalice in his left hand once more and ran to meet his colleague.

The timing was perfect, too, because just as the Briton returned, the mysterious redhead asked about the ritual. The inclusion of the word we took him a bit by surprise. 'Well,' he mused silently to himself, 'a generous offer that is. Certainly, the invocation could be made more effective with the sorceress' help...' Then again, one archetypal fault of the dark magician was his discomfort in asking for help of any kind--be it for directions, cleaning, magicks, what have you. He placed his thumb and forefinger on his chin for a moment as he considered what needed be done. After a few still seconds, in which the only voice to be heard was the cold, callous whisper of the chilly evening air, he finally met her calculating and curious purple-toned gaze.

"First, a pentagram needs to be drawn into the soil, sanctify the space. Then," up until this point, Russel had been deferring to the passive voice--lest he either confirm or deny her offer of help just yet. Now, however, his tone become more specific "I'll need to pour the blood--my blood, to be specific--into the chalice. Finally, I, or we--I appreciate your offer, and I think I'll have to take you up on it, Keldara--shall begin chanting. If the dark powers that be take it well, we should make a connection to the other side, get some direction in this endeavour......before we begin, what would you be willing to do? I mean, don't feel obliged to; whatever you want, really."
Meyrin Hayze

((*prods* pst! ... hey... hey you! Come back! It's your turn and we miss you! *bribes with cookies and cake and pie and whatever else* ))
((sorry, things picked up at work and I fell off the planet for a while >.<
post incoming shortly))
User Image

Keldara Tiale Iss'nir

The creature's gaze locking with hers tickled the hair on the back of her neck, but she shook it away, sure it was just being protective over it's meal or something. Definitely not reading her thoughts. She turned back to the task at hand. "Right. Then the blood part's on you, I'll draw us up a pentagram..." She imagined it would need to be of decent size, so she picked out a good clearing and started to draw using her boot. "You'll have to start the chanting and I can join in on the second verse." She was assuming the chant would have to be repeated multiple times, and made it clear she was certain she would be able to join in after hearing it only once. She didn't bother to ask what language it might even be in. "I'll help however I can. After all, you're the one helping me in this."

((egh... I'm not too happy with this post, but at least it'll get things moving again.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff