Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Lunatic

"I'm sure she'll come back. After all, she still doesn't trust us." Sayne chuckled, remembering how Cybil said if she had to she'd make sure that Adali would stay in the living world. Not to mention the strange interaction with Ailm...

A slight smile twitched on the corners of Uya's lips as her father calmy gave her attention. Often she felt out of place and even abandoned at the close relationship and similarities between her brother and father that she didn't have. Of course, this wasn't their fault, so she did appreciate and accept the attention they gave her. She looked up at her brother, decided to tell him news that she had been avoiding. "Ou, do remember Azreal, that person Zeno knows?"A long time ago, Uya remembered waking Oyu up with a dream that had upset her, about a golden-eyed man shrouded in tarnished gold mist and the shapes of monsters, then shortly after Uya had devoted herself tirelessly to creating a gold and jet butterfly pendant, the final product being the butterfly with numerous intricate images inside it, yellow and black diamonds strategically placed. She couldn't remember though if Oyu had actually met or even seen Azreal. "Do you know Azreal, father?"
Oyu tilted his head a little in question. Thinking back, he does recall a man that Zeno knows. Though he can't honestly say he knew that man's name, he doesn't exactly pay much attention to that kind of thing. The disruption in the their family is somewhat related to Zeno, so anything related to him isn't high on Oyu's priority list. For the sake of his twin's question, he acknowledged the existence. He does remember Uya's dream more than anything, not that he shared it, but the connection they share, it's difficult to keep things from crossing over. "Yeah a little. Why?" Oyu asked, calmly sitting up to give her his attention.

Salen knew, though his perspective is closer to Oyu's on that matter. Information may not be a strength of his anymore, but he isn't completely lacking in observation. He has to keep his children safe, and that means knowing who is around them. "I know a Azreal, not the one who's acquainted with Zeno, but I've seen him before." He let her explain whatever she needed to share, calmly running his fingers through her hair perpetually.
Adali chuckled, nodding. "I sure hope so...my sister is the only blood relative left. The only one from my family to see me wed..." She pouted, beginning to get annoyed at her sisters random disappearances. "She's probably off schmoozing some men and getting free trinkets." She rolled her eyes, considering contacting her and getting her back here soon. Magically contacting her was a possibility, she was feeling better and fully recharged.

Dedicated Lunatic

"Well, I was going to ask mother to give the pendant I made to him, but he actually came here...And I gave it to him. He's not so bad." Uya was probably one of the three that had felt so strongly against anything that had to do with Zeno, so it was a bit shocking that she'd come to get along with one of his associates. She didn't say the man had been visiting her on the bedroom balcony ever since they met in the bar, knowing Oyu probably wouldn't like that very much. But Azreal didn't do anything harmful, though it did seem odd that he liked the conversation of a child. She didn't mind though, not at all. "He really liked the pendant, he was impressed and he even kept it."

"You never know. Your sister seems rather the free spirit, but loyal in the sense to come when she's needed." It was easy to tell Cybil was more the restless type, not wanting to stay in one place for very long. But just as she rushed to Adali's aid when she was in trouble, he wouldn't completely discount her.
"Well...her free spirited actions will need to stop at some point. She's going to get in trouble eventually." Adali exhaled softly before forcing herself to calm down. "Well..things will get done soon. I'll contact Cybil in a little bit and talk to Dvorak when he wakes up. I want him to rest...he looks adorable when he rests." She giggled a bit, picturing him.
Blinking a few moments, he didn't really know what to make of that. This pendant was a real work of art, probably her best and she gave it away to an acquaintance of Zeno. He shook his head, a little confused that she'd even tolerate being around someone like that. Course that was all he needed to know to realize she'd been around the man more than that. He cracked his knuckles habitually and looked out into the sky a moment. His eyes narrowed and his rough expression became more sharp, fierce. "Odd choice to give it to. He the one you've been spending time around?" His expression mellowed out again and he looked towards his sister again. "Be careful, kay?" His eyes rounded a bit, his body turned to face the opposite direction as he lied down on his side.

Salen gently lifted Uya up and into his lap, bringing his arms around her to keep her warm as the air became colder. The water cooled down as Oyu's emotions fluctuated and his mind became distracted. Salen found it a strange choice of person to give it to as well, but he trusted his daughter to have a good enough judgment for that kind of thing. He'll let her have the freedom to choose, but he'll keep an eye out regardless.

Dedicated Lunatic

Uya flinched and looked down, resting against her father. She knew from the moment she started sketching, the pendant was meant for Azreal. And even after hours upon hours of nonstop work, once it was finished she had put away because she couldn't even look it something that was meant for someone that had to do with Zeno. She herself hadn't expected to like the man, but he didn't seem as bad as she had made him out to be. Had she had ears like her grandmother though, they would have been flat against her head in submission and tension. Oyu's reaction made her feel like she had done something wrong, and that he was mad at her. She let out a soft sigh and shivered, clinging to her father.

"Shall I summon Zazu and Keze?" Sayne playfully smirked, always having been amused by the idea of the twins burying Adali in fabrics and jewelry, jabbering on about designs and whatnot.
Adali chuckled, shrugging a bit. "I suppose I have little choice. I'm not too sure how thrilled they would be helping me though. I'm not as lovely as Dvorak's first wife..." She still remembered the day they spoke of her, with such adoration, as though they were telling her she was nothing to compare. "But, I can try for that one day."
Oyu's not mad. Confused and disappointed perhaps, but not angry. Something relating to Zeno is having an influence on Uya and he doesn't like it. Their mother stopped being a mother when Zeno came along, so he feels that if Uya is being in the presence of that, that something bad will happen. He's afraid, Losing his mother, losing his father once. The world feels fragile to him, and out of his control. His attachment to her, his connection, his emotions, the adrenaline building inside. His dragon blood flowing strong, he remains calm and tries to be still. He just doesn't want to lose her.

Salen picked up on the tension. His lips slanted in a frown slightly. Though he looked at the two, changing his frown to a intrigued expression. Thoughts running through his mind, he shrugged soon after, grinned a bit and planted a small kiss on Uya's head. "Hm, you two are a little stressed. Go spend some time alone with each other without me."

Dedicated Lunatic

"I wouldn't take the twins' gossip too seriously. I honestly think they babble to hear themselves talk." Sayne smiled, joking. Well, somewhat. The twins were obnoxious and certainly not his favorite people, but they came in handy with planning events.

Uya looked up at her father warily, hesitant. She didn't want to make Oyu even more upset, but she also didn't want to disobey her father. Slowly, she got up and shivered again, watching Oyu and glancing at Salen. "Ou, can we go inside?"

Sayori watched Salen and her children from behind a tree, waiting for Oyu and Uya to go inside. She wouldn't be surprised if they sensed her presence, but they already seemed upset and didn't want to make it worse by being there. But she should probably talk to Salen, she couldn't avoid it forever.
Adali chuckled, shaking her head. "You sure know how to make me feel better. Alright Sayne. Give me a little time to myself, then I'll get with the twins. I want to try remember what I look like before becoming smothered in cloth." She could almost imagine the mess they would make, poor Dvorak would surely be woken up.
Oyu climbed up onto his feet, again, the water didn't move even slightly. The moment he walked off, the water began to move with the wind again and the movements of Hakkai shifted it as well. Oyu look at his father, glancing suspecting towards him. He shook his head and held out his hand to Uya. She looked cold, he helped her up before taking her hand gently. "Yeah, eleven hours on the water..kinda wore me out anyways." He laughed a little and began walking towards their home.

Salen let his kids go back home, he wasn't really telling them to go, more like suggesting it. Knowing they wouldn't turn it down anyway, besides that he's felt Sayori's presence for a while now. She shouldn't have to hide like that, and he really shouldn't need to move the kids as well. He knew it would take time to repair though, and he's still committed to this. He turned his head towards her general direction, watching the twins leave through his peripheral vision.

4,050 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Lightning Knightblade
"Well, I try not to bore you." Silver laughed again and turned, walking toward the stairs to the rooms.

"you? Bore me? NEVER..." she whispered as she allowed him to carry her. She kissed his lips softly and then covered his neck with fluttering kisses.

Dedicated Lunatic

"Of course, of course. I'll be in the library when you're ready." Sayne chuckled a bit, than bowed his head and disappeared.

"You're getting better at the water stuff." Uya said quietly as they walked away, holding Oyu's hand. In the cold, she couldn't help but walk closely to her brother, trying to be a little warmer. She was used to being in a warm workshop where she made her jewelry. Glancing back, she wondered if their father needed some alone time, or had something planned, but at the moment was too distracted to focus on the reason.

Sayori still hung back until Oyu and Uya were almost inside before she made her way over to Salen. Her bright green orbs didn't look at Salen directly, shyly and perhaps ashamedly avoiding his gaze. In so many ways, everything seemed over...all because of her. She crossed her arms and she walked over, her chest tightening as she thought to herself the very same thoughts that had been haunting her.

"As long as you think so." Silver smiled, wanting to bad to give Jade a passionate kiss. But as he was walking and carrying Jade, he didn't want to risk bumping into anything or dropping her and looking like an idiot for not keeping his eyes on where he was going.
Salen moved his arm around her, keeping her close to pass along his warmth. He's always warm these days, regardless of the temperature outside. So Uya would always find warmth in him. He smiled at her compliment. "You're getting better at your jewelry." He didn't glance back at his father, kind of having an idea of what was going on, but it seemed okay so he didn't worry much. They got inside the Inn shortly after.

Salen let her approach, once the twins had gotten inside. The tension and awkwardness from Sayori was as great as ever. Still so insecure as always, not that he minds, he's always found her adorable. "Evenin' beautiful. Come have a seat with me?" He asked in a hopeful manner, he'd rather her not be so distant with him. Shame or guilt shouldn't stop her at this point. The purple and blue mist hasn't really subsided, it still lingered around the necromancer. The calming agents should loosen Sayori up a bit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff