Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Lunatic

Sayori padded barefoot down the halls leading to the bar, enjoying the feeling of cool tile against her skin. She wore a pair of black leggings and a forest green tank top, both speckled with a modest coat of animal fur. Having a minimum of three furry creatures roaming her room meant it was impossible to keep fur off of everything and it didn't make sense to even try.
She pushed one of the bar doors open and paused when she saw a woman helping herself to some water.
Her neon green eyes scanned the room, noting the bartender was nowhere to be found. Taking a nervous breath, she brushed at the fur on her clothes before reminding herself there was no use. Judging by the guest's appearance, she didn't think it would matter too much.
"Um, hi. Can I help y-" She spoke softly as she approached. As she got closer to the woman, her words caught in her throat as she realized she knew this person. Or she was pretty sure she did. She paused and asked hesitantly, "...Sage?"
Sage turned and looked at the woman, still mildly in a bit of brain fog. She gave a soft smile when she realized who had said her name. "Hello again." Remembering the last time she had been here, and specifically her last conversation with Sayori, she didn't know what to say or how to react. She trailed her index finger across the top of the glass nervously and made her way back to the front of the bar. "Sorry for helping myself... Um. I didn't think anyone would mind?"

Dedicated Lunatic

"Of course not!" Sayori's eyes widened and she blinked, surprised that Sage was apologizing. "You're family, and always welcome here."
She walked closer to Sage and gave her a gentle hug then stepped back to give her some space, not wanting to make her uncomfortable. Sayori had a lot she wanted to ask but literally bit back the urge, gently biting on her bottom lip.
"You can..." She hesitated again, this time afraid of upsetting Sage. "Stay in his room, if you want."
It warmed Sage's heart to know that after all this time Sayori still considered her family. Family had become such a foreign concept to her as she hadn't felt like she had so much as even a friend in years now. She welcomed the hug and smiled. "Thank you, I will.. Um." Sage set her glass down and tugged nervously at the sleeves of her coat, her gaze dropping to the floor. "... Is his room the same? I mean... It's been so long now, what of his things?" She briefly glanced back up at Sayori, feeling a little awkward asking. "... And his children?" She wondered if they still lived at the Inn and, if so, if they would care if a strange to them woman would live in the room that was once their father's.

Dedicated Lunatic

When she saw she didn't upset someone she still thought of as a sister, Sayori's eyes lit up and she smiled.
"Everything is exactly the same." Her vibrant eyes became glassy for a moment as she thought of the state of her brother's room. Everything from the crimson, black and silver color scheme to the guitar sitting in on its stand in a.corner and his katana mounted above the bed were exactly as he left them. On the rare occasion she ventured in to give his room a cleaning she still expected to see.him sitting on the bed playing his guitar or standing on the balcony lost in thought. She blinked away the urge to tear up and brought her right hand up to her chin as she tried to think back and remember.
"Well, after...Jade's...niece? Took over.guardianship they just kinda...left. I'm not sure where they are or how they've been. They were still young so it's hard to say if it was hard on them or if they just didn't really feel attached." She pressed her lips together for a moment then moved her hand away from her chin and reached out to Sage. "Anyway. Would you like to take a bath while I change the sheets? I haven't cleaned in there for a little while."

Romantic Dreamer

Althea thought about the question as she started a parade gait. This gait was slow at about five miles per hour, but it was one of her learned ones, and she was not sure if Ri knew how impressive it was. "That's good, I'm happy to hear it's comfortable up there. I hope those I sell rides to enjoy it as well! It's all snug! The leather is new so it's a bit stiff, but other than that no complaints." She went into a reverse gait and that was another gait she had to learn before walking forward again. She looks back at Ri and smiles. "Well, are you ready to feel some speed?

Jil walked back and set down two cups before rejoining Lina. She pours sake into one glass and places it close to Lina and then hands her the bottle. "Tradition says you do not pour your own glass. If you would please?" She waited for her own glass to be filled as she answered. "Hmmm, who knows? I can't honestly say either way, really."

Dedicated Lunatic

Ri noticed that Althea's steps seemed practiced, keeping to a rhythm that reminded him of marching, nodding in approval regardless of Althea could see it or not.
"Alright. Well make sure if you start feeling sore spots you at least take a break." He imagined a new saddle was a lot like new boots; Wear for long periods of time before properly breaking them in usually caused more pain than it was worth. He raised a brow as he was finishing off his cigarette, a bit surprised Althea wanted to let loose with him on her back.
"Sounds like fun." He said as he opened his cigarette case and used it to snuff out and store it. After clicking it shut he gripped it in his hand and precisely tossed high in the air, where it arched to a peak then descended right in Lina and Jil's direction. "Ready when you are."

"Wow, you sure do take your liquor seriously!" Lina gave a lighthearted laugh at Jil sticking to tradition then lifted the bottle and poured the same amount into Jil's cup that was poured into her own.
"You're allowed to tell us what you want. This is about you, darling." She grinned and winked, knowing full well that Ri often said similar to Jil. "And I'm positive he would do just about anything you ask of him."
A glint of metal in the air caught her eye and she quickly set the sake bottle down and used both hands to smoothly catch the projectile before it could hit her straight in the chest. She set the cigarette case down on the bar as she crossed one leg over the other then took her glass and raised it as she turned to face Jil. "What shall we toast to?"
The idea of Silver's room being the same was both comforting yet saddening, and Sage felt a lump start to form in her throat. She listened as Sayori explained what she knew about the children, and she hoped they were in good hands and living peacefully. She took a deep breath, the tight feeling in her throat subsiding, and took Sayori's hand. "A bath sounds great." She smiled, a little embarrassed by her appearance. "I probably look a little crazy, I've been in solitude for a while. Self care sort of goes out the window."

Romantic Dreamer

Althea nods her head as she listens. She knew that she should not wear new saddles for too long, they needed to be broken in. She smiles as she gets ready, pawing at the dirt with her right forehoof. "It's just that running is one of my favorite pastimes. I wanted to try it with a rider. I know, I can't do it long, it's my first time with a real rider after all." She started with a light pace at first but soon was into a full-blown gallop. Her main was catching the breeze as she was having a blast. She wanted to show the joys of running to Ri. "We are not going to run the course today, I don't think either of us is ready for that, yet. I think that would be fun too!"

Jil smiled and then laughed at the response. "Maybe, but some traditions are at least a little fun, don't you think?" She took a moment to think then shook her head. "It's no fun if it's just about me. It should be about all those involved. I want us all to enjoy ourselves." She then winked back before speaking again. "He might enjoy having two women instead of one, but I want him to decide." She blinks as she watches Lina catch the familiar cigarette holder. She took a moment to think about what to toast to and was drawing a blank. She always felt like everyone else had something witty to toast to, but she had never been given that particular gift. "To giving pleasure and making others happy." She groaned inwardly at what she felt was a less than witty toast. Still, she gulped down her drink.

Dedicated Lunatic

"I know the feeling. Sometimes it takes all your energy to just survive." Sayori said empathetically and squeezed Sage's hand before starting to walk. "But you're home now. Let me take care of you."
There was an ache in her chest at the thought of Sage being so alone. She was determinded to be her support in whatever way she needed. As they walked she tried to make idle chat in hopes of not letting the mood stay somber. "You know, I think I still have the scissors I used to cut Silver's hair in his room. I've gotten better at haircuts since I started taking care of the girls...Who you haven't met yet! When you're feeling up to it you can meet them."

"Well, thank you for the honor of being your first." Ri chuckled. He remained upright until Althea started to accelerate then he leaned forward more. He held his left hand on the horn of the saddle to keep anchored and his right on Althea's neck to help with balance, although it was easier than he expected it to be. He laughed at her decision to spare them from the course. "Absolutely. I think I'd rather have some reins for that anyway."

"Words to live by!" Lina laughed enthusiastically and downed her drink then set the cup down. "At least, words I live by."
She held her index finger against the side of her chin as she thought about their prospects for the evening. "We aren't picky, really. Which is why I see it as more about you. A threesome with Ri would be just like old times though. Way back when we were youngbloods we were literally down for anything." She smirked and wriggled her eyebrows at Jil before dissolving into a giggle.
Letting someone take care of her was something Sage hadn't done in a very long time. The thought that this was now home again also felt strange, but in the best possible way. Sage nodded in agreement at the idea of a haircut. "You're so kind... But I really don't want to trouble you." She thought for a moment, trying to remember if she had heard of Sayori having children or taking care of any, but her memory failed her. "The girls? Your children? I'd love to meet them."

Dedicated Lunatic

"Well, I have two children. I guess last time you were here I probably didn't mention it..." Last time Sage was here her children weren't present and given the circumstances she hadn't even thought of mentioning them. She released Sage's hand when they got to the stairs, climbing them a bit slower than the average person. "They're twins, and grown now. Oyu left with his father and Uya is around, but she's not here all the time. But a while ago a werewolf pup, Yu, came. And then later we found her sister, Shy."
She explained as she approached Silver's suite and opened the door. She laughed a bit mostly to herself as she turned for a moment and motioned to the fur on her clothing. "Hence all the fur. I still have Chaos and Indigo too."
Things were a little fuzzy, but the names of Sayori's twins rang a bell. She didn't remember ever having met them but possibly heard their names in the past. Often Sage was so wrapped up in her own drama and events that she wasn't present for the life events of others, something she often regretted. Sage looked at Sayori's clothes as she motioned to them, nodding and smiling at the hair. "It just shows you're well loved." Sage laughed a little. Yes, I'd love to meet them. And I would love to see Chaos and Indigo again as well." Sage stepped in to Silver's room and kept her eyes mostly on the floor, not wanting to be overcome with emotion just yet. "I'm not sure if you remember Mai, or Roma for that matter, but they are with someone else now. Which is better for them."

Romantic Dreamer

Alhea ran for a good while before coming to slow down and then stopped. "Well, I'll need to practice jumping with someone on my back. My balance is different with a rider." She ended up near her stables and walked over to the lake for a nice sip of water. She was parched and needed it. "I know I'll be selling rides, but I doubt I will ever do one of those shows. Have you seen those horses in them? They are a nice sleek 800 pounds and here I am at least two hundred over a ton. It's not fair I tell you."

Jil refilled Lina's cup and then placed the bottle back down. "It was the first thing I could think of, to be honest." She takes a sip of the sake as she listens. She giggles softly in response. "Sounds almost like some of the parties I used to go to. Sounds like a lot of fun!"

Dedicated Lunatic

"Yes it does! I feel loved. I can't imagine life without them." Sayori smiled brightly, then nodded solemly at hearing Mai and Roma weren't with her anymore. "I remember Mai...I'm happy they're in a better place, but I'm sorry they're not with you anymore."
She paused for a moment as she watched Sage avoid looking around the room much and she couldn't blame her one bit. Sometimes when she came in she felt overwhelmingly sad or like she was trespassing. She bit her lip softly, unsure of what to say or if she should say anything at all. She decided to just move forward with giving Sage a little spa time.
"Let's see...you'll want some fresh towels." She turned and opened the closet and was a bit caught off gaurd by how her brother's clothes and closet still smelled like him. She sniffed and blinked back the urge to cry, shaking her head at herself. "And um...clothes. I actually think he kept some of yours."
She walked around in the large closet, clutching the towels to her chest as she tried to think where he would have kept them. Her bright green eyes settled on a small suitcase in the back that looked familiar. Kneeling down, she set the towels next to her on the floor and opened up the suitcase. At the top of the neat pile were a few framed pictures of Silver and Sage, and Silver, Sage and Seikei together. Her delicate hands trembled slightly as she gingerly picked up the frame of the little family of three together.

When Althea slowed to a stop at the pond Ri took the opportunity to hop down and stretch a bit, twisting and turning slightly as he stood still.
"I've never seen one of those shows. But in any show aren't there different categories or classes that you would qualify for?" He couldn't imagine she wouldn't be a fit at least one thing, given how practiced she seemed with what she did know. "Maybe we could go to one of those shows sometime. As spectators, or participants."

"Mm, loads of fun." Lina nodded in agreement and picked up her cup again to take a sip. "He was more carefree back then. But since he's been with you he's starting to seem more like his old self again. From before...well, life, happened I guess."
She took another sip and leaned her side against the bar, bouncing her leg slowly in the water. "Why don't you go to those parties anymore?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff