Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aerla was a better caretaker for Sage's companions, which she recognized for the best. Sage hadn't been the best at taking care of herself for a while, but wondered if one day she would be well suited to take care of another wolf or another animal. Sage nodded at the mention of towels but froze and slowly looked in Sayori's direction when she heard her sniff and thought maybe she heard a slight change of tone, but wasn't sure. Hesitantly Sage approached the closet and stepped behind Sayori as she was knelt down, not immediately seeing what she was looking at. The smell of the closet, however, immediately broke what composure Sage had been holding on to and she blinked hard, tears falling down her cheeks. She stepped past Sayori, toward the hung up shirts, wrapped her arms around a few of them and hugged them to her chest as she silently sobbed. After a deep breath, Sage turned her head and glanced down at what Sayori was looking at and closed her eyes again. She began softly shaking her head and forced away an even harder sob. She had such little time with the three of them together, and she would give anything to have that back. She loosened her grip on the shirts and leaned back to look at them. She'd give anything to have even just Silver back. She wiped at the tears on her cheeks and cleared her throat. "Um... He kept some of my clothes? Okay... That's very fortunate." She bit her lip, hesitant to ask but her feeling of longing to be close to him once more was too strong. "Would it be okay for me to wear one of his shirts?" The tears she had wiped away replaced themselves as she choked out her question.

Romantic Dreamer

"I used to see them when I would visit Mother. For a while, I wanted to be in them! I even learned a bunch of learned gaits They looked like fun and you could win money!" She then let out a soft sigh as she took off her gear. "I could get into horse-pulling competitions, I'm sure of that. They are for draft horses after all. The Equestrian ones though, not so much." She kicked a rock and then looked at Ri. "You see, the biggest group to make those events only recognizes eleven out of the four hundred different breeds of horses. And that's not even getting into the trouble of what breed I am. Mother was transformed into whatever breed SvaĆ°ilfari was and half Unicorn. So that means I get a double whammy of mythical horses." She then shrugs her shoulders. "They might be fun to watch though." She was sure she was strong enough for any pulling competitions. "The pulling competitions may be a bit harder. To enter you need a team of two horses."

Jil listened as she smiled. "Sounds pretty neat. I know he has a lot on his plate now and although I don't know all the details I know things were pretty harsh around here." She takes a moment to think about how to best answer the question. "Well, some of them were at bars that are far away now, others were frat parties and I don't want to just go to them anymore. Mostly because they were filled with stupid." She then shrugs her shoulders.

Dedicated Lunatic

Sayori hugged the photograph to her chest while she let Sage have her own moment. When Sage was able to speak again she tucked the frame into the side of the suitcase and pulled out a neatly folded stack of clothing.
"He did. He said he wanted to keep some things...just in case." Sayori bit her lip. Some part of Silver had always hoped that Sage would return and that maybe they could rebuild their lives together. She hastily wiped the tears that had fallen down her cheeks and picked up the stack of clothing and towels. Holding them in one arm she reached the other gently around Sage. "What's his is yours. That has never, and will never change."

"You don't seem that bulky to me, but I suppose I understand." Ri said as he rubbed his chin. He wasn't experienced with anything that had hooves, really. His animal form looked like a cheetah so of course he seemed thin compared to Althea. But most other forms seemed at least somewhat similar if they were the same size and were lithe enough to navigate most obstacles.
"If I could be a horse I'd try teaming with you. I don't think they'd let a big cat in a pulling competition." He laughed a bit at the thought of a horse-sized cheetah coming to a competition full of horses. He'd probably end up scaring them half to death.

"Yeah, that whole thing with Tess was hard on him. I think most of his trouble started after what happened to his mom though, then obviously the whole horror circus that was the hostile takeover." Lina visibly shuddered at the thought of Taka. Just the thought of him gave her the creeps. She snorted when Jil said frat parties were full of stupid. She finished her second cup and set it down again. "Well, if you ever want to shake things up a bit, I'm game."
Sage inhaled and exhaled slowly, trying to grasp some composure. She let go of the shirts and wrapped both of her arms around Sayori tightly. "Thank you..." She was grateful to have family back in her life and regretted ever having lost sight of those she still had by being so lost in her grief. She let go of Sayori and pulled a random shirt off of a hanger and hugged it to her chest. She was feeling tired now as the heightened emotions began to settle and she could tell she was definitely ready for a calming bath.

Romantic Dreamer

Althea smiled as she listened. "Aw, thanks. I'm more of a draft horse and you know what? That's fine. I don't need to be a little dainty racehorse to enjoy life. If you need anything pulled, I'm your filly!" She nodded happily at that. She giggles softly when Ri mentions helping her. "You would certainly scare off the competition. I doubt the other horses would stick around any big cat."

Jil nods her head as she listens. "Yeah, I hear it was not a good time for anyone. There are fewer things now. I mean unless you count Zosia and she is not mean in her playfulness or trickery. I think most of the time she tries to teach a lesson, or she is bored, you know Kitsune." She refills Lina's glass again then sets the bottle down near her. She taps her empty cup as she smiles.["You know, letting our it down may just be what the doctor ordered, am I right?/color]

Dedicated Lunatic

"Anything for my big sister." Sayori gave a reassuring smile. When Sage picked a shirt she walked out of the closet and into the bathroom, hanging up the clean towels and leaving the pile of clothes on the spacious counter so she could pick whatever else she wanted to wear.
"I'll let you start the bath since anything more than lukewarm feels hot to me." She laughed a bit at herself at her heat sensitivity. With her hands now free she rifled through a few drawers under the sink until she's found Silver's hair scissors, a comb, and a detangling brush. She set those on the counter next to the sink so they would be ready when Sage had finished her bath.
"I'll change the sheets while you relax...and do you want anything to eat?"

"Well, there goes my dreams of being a fancy cat in a pony show." Ri laughed and shook his head. Looking up at the sky, he noticed the sun was beginning to set. He was willing to bet Althea was probably starting to get hungry and he didn't really want to be riding around in the dark. "Do you want help taking your saddle off? I think we're done for the day."

"Nah, he's used to tricky people. Just not strangers. And he wants to make a good impression with your family. It's harder dealing with people you just met when most of the people you deal with are people you've known for a long time. We've known each other since we were born." She grinned and refilled Jil's cup when she tapped it, happy that she wasn't the only one still drinking. "Depends on the doctor, but that's why you can always get a second opinion!"

Romantic Dreamer

Althea giggles softly as she listens. "It will always be the dream, huh? Although I for one would love to see you try a dressage. Although you might have to work on your gaits." She smiled at that thought. She finished removing her saddle and then shook her head. "I've got it, thanks. I need to get a wash in and brush down my mane and coat. After that, I think I'll take a little snooze." She took little naps during the day and did not sleep much overall.

Jil nods her head as she listens. "Besides, I think my sister was just looking out for me. In her own special way, you know. I'm not throwing shade on Ri mind you. Now my harpy sister .... you don't want to meet her." She shook her head. "It's a general household rule just to stay clear of her room." She did not want to describe how disgusting the room was, she always pinned it down to how harpies were. Then again, that aspect could be her sister.

She smiled as her cup was refilled and then saluted Lina with her cup before taking a sip. "That's why you find the right doctor the first time."

Dedicated Lunatic

"I could certainly give it a try, but I don't think I'll ever be able to move like a horse." Ri flexed his hands as he thought about the paws of his beast from and how much different they were from a horse's hooves. He nodded at Althea's lack of need for assistance and her plans for the evening.
"Alright, well thank you for the ride. Until next time then." He bowed his head slightly and began to make his way back to the inn. Although he was curious about how the ladies were getting along, he didn't feel any worry or concern about having left them alone for a while.

"That's what families do..usually." Lina sipped from her cup and grimaced slightly at the mention of Jil's harpy sister. "Well at least I know it's an appropriate insult when I call someone a harpy."
She gave the bottle a gentle shake to feel the weight of the amount of liquid in the bottle before she set it down, something she did out of habit from entertaining clients. "Our main doc is Sayne, but Ri knows when to tell him to get bent when it comes to us."
Sage followed Sayori into the bathroom and set the shirt down next to the other clothes. "Have you always had that heat sensitivity?" She walked over to the bathtub and turned on the water, sitting on the edge of the tub and watching the water flow. "I'm honestly not too hungry right now, but thank you." Sage looked back and Sayori and smiled, still feeling so appreciative of everything Sayori was doing for her.

Dedicated Lunatic

"I wasn't really like this until I had the twins. Sayne said it just took a permanent toll on my body. I overheat easily and I don't have much strength, not that I was very strong to begin with. Chaos, Indigo, and the girls are all very wonderful and understanding about it though." Sayori explained as she opened another cabinet to take out shampoo, conditioner, soap, and a washcloth. She set the items down on a small shelf at the edge of the tub and smiled back at Sage.
"Of course. I'll be in the room if you need anything." She exited the bathroom and gently closed the door behind her before returning to that task at hand, taking her time pulling off the bed linens and dropping them in the empty hamper in a corner of the room.
"Thank you." Sage said as Sayori exited the room. She let her attention go back to the running water, placing a couple of fingers into the stream to gauge the temperature. It was pretty hot, just how Sage wanted it. She put the drain stopper in and let the tub fill before disrobing and getting into the water. She washed her hair and body and then just leaned back to relax in the warmth, closing her eyes and breathing in the steam. It felt good to be clean and able to let her guard down. After a little while she finished with the bath and dried herself off. She went over to the mirror and looked herself over. She'd been wandering so it had been a while since she looked in a mirror, and as she began to brush her hair she realized the condition her hair was in and felt really glad she was to get a haircut. It wasn't horribly matted, but was uneven and had a lot of split ends from lack of care. When she was done, she looked through the stack of clothes, choosing just a basic pair of slim fit black pants and lastly Silver's shirt she had taken from the closet. She closed her eyes as she slid it on, breathing in his scent and pretending it was his arms around her rather than just a piece of fabric. She pushed back heavy emotion and let herself smile over his memory instead. She allowed herself a few moments of quiet before gathering the laundry and emerging from the bathroom, spotting the hamper and dropping the dirty laundry inside.

Romantic Dreamer

Althea nods her head in understanding. "Yeah, that might be a bit tough for you. I bet you would have an easy breezy time with my jumping course though! Cats are all like nimble and can jump much better than horses. I can probably jump about six feet high, with a good run-up," She listens to Ri say goodnight as she yawns. "Okay, goodnight then!"

Jil made sure Lina's cup was topped off before sipping from her own cup. "Yeah, you probably have it right. She relaxes in the water as she listens, stretching her legs out and getting comfortable. "I've met him once or twice, I have a brother like him. A centaur that used to look after my unicorn sister."

Dedicated Lunatic

Sayori selected a set of deep crimson sheets made of brushed microfiber and a lightweight quilt with a crimson, black, and silver striped design. As she put the new linens on the bed she hummed to herself a lullaby Silver used to hum to her and then she to her children and new charges. Her delicate hands made precise work folding the bottom corners and tucking the sheets. She finished with slipping the pillowcases on the plush pillows and smoothing the quilt over the bed.
Satisfied with her work she sat on the foot of the bed and gently fanned herself, taking the opportunity to rest a bit while Sage was still bathing. Her bright eyes stared off at nothing in particular and the thoughts in her mind were much the same. When she heard the door open she stopped fanning herself and looked in Sage's direction, watching her add her clothing to the dirty laundry.
"You look refreshed already." She smiled and slowly stood up. "Are you ready for that haircut?"

Ri waved at Althea when she said goodnight, continuing his pace back. Rather than go around the inn he cut to the pool area by walking inside. He made a stop at the changing rooms before going outside, dressing down to his black boxer briefs.
Now that he was dressed more appropriately to join the ladies in the pool and exited the changing room and walked outside, smiling as he saw the ladies cozied up chatting at the bar.

"I can't speak for your brother, but Sayne does mean well. I think his guilt makes him...push a little too hard sometimes." Lina stretched out her legs to rest on top of Jil's. Her hands reached for the cigarette case to open it up and light one of Ri's cigarettes. Her elegant body gave a happy wiggle as she enjoyed the flavor and quality. She exhaled smoke away from Jil. "Sometimes people need to remember to let others make their own decisions, you know?"
Sage smiled back at Sayori. "Only when you're up for it, it doesn't have to be right now." Sage looked at the bed. She had never been good at changing sheets or making a bed look nice. "Thank you for doing that!"

Romantic Dreamer

Jil smiles when Lina rests her legs on Jil's legs. She takes a moment to think of a way to describe the situation with her brother. "Well, you see, the type of centaur my brother is was the type that trined heroes. His plan was pretty much to do that. I mean harsh training because being a hero is not easy." She sips on her sake and then lets out a breath. "Anyway, if you had ever met my sister you would know that being some hero is not what she wants. Also, she knows about unicorns being hunted, but she knows how to keep herself safe."

She waves at Ri as he walks in. "Heya, how goes everything?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces